sarNie Adult
some hmong guys are not afraid to lose their wife
why?
because they don't invest money into their marriage
so why would they care?
here's how it is though..
if they don't.. they don't care about losing their wife
and if they do.. they consider the wife property
if the girl's parents do not ask for dowry..
he won't give a damn about her because he got her for "free"
but if him and his parents had to do the dowry... then he's going to act like he owns her.
goodness.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
Marriage is a scary thing. I don't even want anything to do with it. I intend to live as old as I can being single.

Mov4u

sarNie Egg
oh yes...my life is worth a million....depending what age am i...now i'm 16 so now is 16 million but for the future who knows...my prize is expensive n of course i do not want to get married ever n my life...guys r bullshit...but someday i might change my mind...

You girls should appreciated the guys for making you looks like goddes/worth something and not taking you lightly. I know I won't treasure something I got it for FREE as much as something I bought.

For those of you saying you&your husband will pay for you, go for it but I'm telling you it's easier to said then done. Unless he is one rich guy then doesn't matter, just hope you're the right girl for him LOL.

And MAINHIATHAO, you WILL change your mind within the next 5 years(lastest) *If not there is something different about you lol.

danger

sarNie Hatchling
But it's obvious if is up to the guy's choice he wouldn't want to give anything to the parents.

Well, that means that he's not even a good husband in the first place. Any respectful person would not do that. Also many said that it helps control the guy to love the daughter, but I think it really does not matter. I believe whether they will remain faithful or not, will depend on their beliefs and the person they are. Money doesn't control everything. B)

taeyang_vip

sarNie Egg
Well, that means that he's not even a good husband in the first place. Any respectful person would not do that. Also many said that it helps control the guy to love the daughter, but I think it really does not matter. I believe whether they will remain faithful or not, will depend on their beliefs and the person they are. Money doesn't control everything. B)
Yeah true any respectful person wouldn't do that but I'm just saying that if it was up to the guy then the majority of them wouldn't want to give anything to the parents. Anyone want free stuffs right? I agree with you stated it doesn't really matter. Money doesn't control everything and so of love and marriage.

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
Well, the husband will cheat and abuse if that is the kind of person he ends up being. The money that pays for the girl doesn't come from him, so he doesn't care. It's his family--parents, relatives, will care more since they are the ones that have to deal with the problems. The parents pay for the bride so they care. The dowry is a little thing to the parents, but the bride' parents end up nothing at the end, because they give everything back and more to the bride.

My cousin's husband's father took the $10,000 that her parents gave her on her wedding to buy a second wife from Laos. That sucks.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
This topic interest me in so many ways lol cause now we have girls that are afraid to get married >.< LOL but my 2 cents on this is ... some parents may not care about the money and they just ask because they think its the right thing to do, but I think a majority of parents today consider it for the money because look at the world today everything is about money lol. 15-60 years ago probably not. I had an ex boyfriend that I almost broke up with so many times over this subject lol because he wanted to marry me but I wasn't ready .. and didn't love him enough to marry him or should I say didn't love him at all, so I told him if my parents agree then I will agree my parents asked for 100,000 his family thought my parents were crazy lol they were like "who would have that much money" my parents said .. if he loves our daughter he will be able to find it and he won't object.. his parents were bitchy about it ... and they told him that he cant marry me and then he got mad and tried to make me tell my parents to change their mind... and I didn't lol cause I now doubted his feelings for me because he dared called my parents "gold diggers!"... I should have broken up with him then. but in the end he cheated on me and stuff .. lol so that was a much better way out of the relationship... when it came to my other ex who proposed my parents asked him for 50,000 lol because they kind of liked him.. he reacted the same way the other ex did and in the end he decided that he will try to get the money and he too ends up cheating on me with a family member at that ... lol then comes along my husband .. lol who was my boyfriend at the time ... my parents asked for nothing when he offered my parents 70,000 (his whole life savings) my parents said no and to keep that money to support our life together and build together .. because they don't believe in selling their kids.. if they believe the guy really loves their children they will not ask for a penny... with my ex's he explain that he asked for that much because he knew them and knew how they were and wanted to test and see how much they are willing to do for me, but they didn't need to test my husband because he had already offered and he gave up his life over there with his family to move down here for me he somewhat was already supporting me even before we got married.. my parents liked him alot because they believed he really loved me and not just cause of the stuff he did or gave for me ... but any parents who love their children would know how to tell if someone really loves their child.. I learn to respect my parents so much more after that (not that I didn't respect them before)... they according to my parents money can't buy respect from those who have no dignity ..but it can't buy respect from those who have dignity.. money definitely can't buy love regardless of what others believe, money definitely will never be able to make sure your children will never come home crying because of their husband, money definitely will never unbreak your childrens heart.. I love my parents man :wub: they are amazing.. my mom is traditional with other things but when it comes to this stuff she isn't..my dad is too somewhat, but he believes in love.. and my decision.. he knows that i would never marry someone that isn't right for me ..

My cousin's husband's father took the $10,000 that her parents gave her on her wedding to buy a second wife from Laos. That sucks.

Lol if anyone every did that to me my dad would have buried their ass alive -.- LOL sorry to say it so literally, but he would lol and so would my uncles and other male relatives brothers and cousins ... lol

stephanie

sarNie Adult
ha ha! just the thought of marriage scares me! lol... i personally think that it is up to the parents. such as if she has a good eduacation (exp. bachelors masters phd ect...) then she should be price higher... just my opinion

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Lol to me I don't think education matters because some people could be highly educated but have no morale or don't know how to treat people. There are some people have have their masters degree in Medicine, but still go out and pick up prostitutes. So I don't think education for me is a judgment of character, not a huge one anyway. To me education is something you learn from books and from being taught, but morals is something you either learn from your parents or you choose to uphold them on your own. Being a good person is something that you can't learn or get a degree in unfortunately. :p

Lovinglakorn

sarNie Egg
I think it dumb how people are going to put a price on themselve. Why are people talking about getting marry?? People should think twice before getting marry. People these days are cheating on their spouses. Shame on those people. By the way I think in the hmong communtiy there is a limit to the price of the bride. All girls who are getting married can't go pass five thousand. By the way I think those women who are divorce with kids doesn't need a price. Sorry for saying that but it my opinion. Cause when my uncle (single, never been marry) was married to his ex-wife. He paid three thousand five hundred for her. She took along her three kids from another marriage. They didn't last cause she was a cheater. After three years of marriage they divorce. Think god they didn't have any kids together. She was a loser and a female loser (in a much nicer word).

madalia3

sarNie Hatchling
i dont price myself as anything because i think that theres really no point in paying for ur wife or ur husband i mean like wat the point in doing that...i dont like that fact...i wish we could just like get married normally without no one paying for no one else...but like yea...i do think marriage is a scary thing...i'm so afraid at how it mite turn out to be like...like i hope that i wont ever get forced to marry someone i dont love and dont wanna marry..but like still some guys act all nice to u when ur guys r dating and once u guys hit marriage he like becomes abusive and starts hitting you and all that stuff i hope i never marry a guy like that...it would just ruin my life..cause i know so many people who hit their wives and like omg i hate it so much..cause it just like guys dont appreciate us womens at all when we r the ones bringing them into this world...they should appreciate us and cherish us...but some guys just dont know how to do that which sucks for them....if i was to ever get married i have to know the guy real well first...maybe a few years of dating and not just like 2 or 3 years...and wells yea..iono...i just wanna really trust him to the point where i know he loves me enough to never hit me...

sulad

sarNie Adult
No matter how much you want to be worth or the elders demand.
Every girl will be atleast $5,000.
Because not long ago the 18 council made a rule that a price for a girl should be atleast $5,000.
Since there has been alot of problem in the past of the price of a girl.

mysuper_girlfriend

sarNie Juvenile
I demand a brand new Acura TSX with 20inch rims. nicely done polished! :) please...for 15grand I could have a nice American wedding without having to go through all that Hmong culture stuff and not get wasted!!

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
No matter how much you want to be worth or the elders demand.
Every girl will be atleast $5,000.
Because not long ago the 18 council made a rule that a price for a girl should be atleast $5,000.
Since there has been alot of problem in the past of the price of a girl.
that $5000 crap is stupid
lol.
not that many families follow that
my mom didn't when my sister got married