Where are all the lao peeps?

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
hahah yea like i dont know any thai word only the one they use in the lakorn...not like fruit and stuff
My mom tells me to watch Lakorns so I'll learn Thai...But for some reason, I just don't have any desire to watch them (I know practically everyone here watches them). I don't know....Maybe if JR was in a Lakorn I'd watch it :D . That's probably the only time though.

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
See, i speak and understand Thai fluently as much as i know Laos...so its weird for me to think that its hard to understand. But i understand why others just dont get it sometimes.

Lostinkaos, i love how u mention the thai songs, its either a love song or you left me & i still love u song. Thats so true. LOL :D Most the time, its the U left me & i still love u.

LostInKaos

sarNie Hatchling
LOL Most the time, its the U left me & i still love u.
Hehe. I wouldn't know since all I can hear is 'Love' and not sure of what they said before or after to know what kind of song it is ;)
But you know what I realized? I went to a funeral and the adults were talking in Lao....Yeah, so I didn't understand anything they said either....So I realize, I suck at Lao too :D
I'm too Americanized....

~Sandy~

Memories with Oil from his U.S. Tour in Nov 2009!
LOL you dont suck. They were probably talking in a different dialect. Yes, laos has dialects too.

Power

sarNie Egg
Lao and Thai is actually very similar. To be exact, Vientiane Lao and Bangkok Thai is very similar, but as you know if you're from the country from either of these country the dialects and the accents makes it hard to understand. Majority of the formal words are the same in Lao and Thai, but the normal everyday words are a little different, but some you could just tell. If you grew up watching Thai Lakorns then you will understand Thai really well, but if not, then some words will be confusing to you. I can speak Thai fluently, but it feels weird speaking it with the Thai Accent. I can speak Lao fluently also, but I mostly speak English. But you know it just all depends upon the person, like whether you can catch on fast, etc. I went to Laos and in the country part where my grandpa lives, they speak really differently from the normal Lao, but of course I can understand it. But that is just me though because the people that went along with me couldn't really understand it. So it just all depends.

tinah

sarNie Coma
I'm laos too! :D hey nice to meet you guys..good to know that there is lao people in this forum too..im lao but im more hook on thai songs/lakorn..i never seen lao lakorn before or movie..

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
i would love it if there was a lao lakorn, and i would love to be apart of it too..hehhe (nang ek all the way baby...lol) yeah i'm laotions (i prefer to say laotian coz too me it sounds more cuter..lol) haven't been in this forum for a while so there is lot i have to go back and read..hehehe

still lao and proud baby!!!!

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
yeah i am still cute...lol

well reagan, this is the main lao forum i go to- but i sometimes go to asian finest (lao section) which is also an interesting place to read about laotain stuff, why? do you have any recommendations for any other forums?

jentha

sarNie Egg
i guess i'm the last to know finally i get to see some laos people representing themselves I AM TOO

tye-niranh

sarNie Adult
I'm Lao but you mostly see me in the Thai section. Not that I don't have Lao Pride. I'm just really into lakorns and such. Anywho, nice to meet everyone.

CTR

The Realist guy here period
I'm mixed with Thai, Laotian and a little bit of Chinese. I can understand both Thai and Laotian but I speak more Laotian since my dad is Laotian and the area that I am from is mostly Laotian. Sometimes, I just mesh my Thai and Lao together which is not good. At the moment, I told my mom that I will only speak in Thai and I told to correct me if I'm not saying it correctly. In addition, I'm trying to add more vocabulary in my head so I can be more comfortable with Thai.

I'm a big fan of Pinky and Kwan. <333333 :wub: And Sandra too!!!! :wub: