Which Kind of Hairdresser Do You Prefer?

What kind of salon do you go to and like?

• Asian

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • White

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I usually get my hair done at a white salon and i never really noticed the difference with white vs. Asian, then it hit me once i went to get my hair done at the Asian salon since its cheaper and i was in financial crisis. At a white salon (well the 2 i went to) i noticed after they cut it they don't blow dry it, they don't put product in it to make it shiny, they just put you under the perming machine and your done, thats 35 bucks plus 3 dollar tip too, do its 38 bucks. And also they don't really listen to exactly what you want, i have really thick hair and when i say i want it thin, i really mean it. The lady just gave me normal layers and my hair was still pretty thick. I guess i never realized the differences since all i wanted was a quick hair cut. But at an Asian salon, sure the service was quicky quicky but they really listened and understood me more than the white lady. She gave me a cut, blow dried my hair, them took the thinning shears and thinned my hair out a lot to my liking, put silk infusion in my hair and straightened my hair. That's 4 more things that the white lady ever did, even at the other white salons, they never did that much with my hair. And it cost 27 dollars and thats plus 3 dollar tip too. I think i'll stick with an Asian stylist for a while now.

PhoneO_5

sarNie Oldmaid
I prefer Asian because I've never had anyone else do my hair except my aunt lol. She's really good. Was very popular @ JCPenney's and now she has her own station...with tons of clients. My friends that I've referred to her have all liked her and stayed with her.

thai4ever93

sarNie Oldmaid
I think it depends more on the hairstylist and the salon than their race lol. I like this place called "Vidalsasoon" they are white, pretty pricy but worth it ;)

kitkat

sarNie Elites
I remember having an Asian hairdresser, boy they did a HORRIBLE job! Maybe they didn't care 'cause at that time, I was only teen but I know what I wanted for my hair and yet they didn't bother to check everything's ok or not. I told 'em to level my layers but they said it looks FINE... what the hell. After that incident, I told my mother that we never go to that salon ever again.

I used to have my cousin to do my hair but she's too busy. I now go to the salon that my roommate works. She'd help me to choose a right hairdresser for me since she has a close look at her co-workers. That hairdresser she decides for me is white, she's awesome! I also have another salon, it's abit expensive but they're great and they're Asian, too. I only go there for the special occasions. I guess it depends on who has a skill so it's nothing to do with ethnicity. :)

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
I actually prefer Asian but again like everyone else, it's more about the person and their capabilites and less on ethnicity.

kialakornlover

sarNie Adult
I pick Asian. Not because I am Asian. I just prefer it because Asian people hairare softer, more healthy, and more better looking, but it just depends on which one you go to. 

LimeGrass

sarNie Adult
I rarely cut my hair but when I do, I always go to an Asian barber; I'd go in and come out a happy, happy customer. Recently I had my haircut and at a place closer to home but I will never ever go back there again. And it has nothing to do with the barber being Black--she did not understand the concept of layers. Then when I get home, I realized that my hair wasn't cut properly; I had to take a pair of scissors and snip off some of the longer strands. It was just sloppy. :rant:

cecilia

Staff member
i'd love to go to an asian salon but where i live, there's none so i have to to go the white one. I guess, it's not so bad, i like it.