• japanese

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • others

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
WHO MAKES THE "BEST" DRAMA/MOVIES?

I GOTTA SAY "KOREAN & THAI" :) ( BUT THAI DRAMAS NEEDS ENGLISH SUBTITLES) TO BE #1... I JUST HOPE THEY'RE WORKING ON IT... ) THAT WILL BE KEWL... :)

WHICH KIND OF MOVIES DO I WATCH?

HMONG- THAI - KOREAN - AMERICAN & CHINESE........... :)

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
I love dramas from all walks of life, but.... I'm going to have to choose Thai.
I guess because I can relate more to the cultures and people and I can also understand and speak the language.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
I gotta go with American too, there aren't very many Asian movies that I actually enjoy except horror (and not even all of those are good quality).
I'm with LadyofDarkness with the culture thing. I can relate more to American culture than anything else.

Liberty

sarNie Adult
American tv drama series seem to go on forever and then when they have to end the series, you don't really get to see the two main character's story end because sometimes the studios don't want to support it anymore and pull the plug early or you've become so bored that you don't even watch the series anymore. Asian drama series have a beginning and an end, so you get a more complete story of the two main characters and the other characters around them.
It's done that way based on ratings. I know what you mean though, sometimes it really sucks when the show doesn't do so well and the network pulls the plug while it's getting really good. I'm not sure how it's done else where but that's how it's done in the states, by ratings, that's how they get support for their shows (commercial wise).

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Hahah when it comes to this topic I think that it's somewhat a biased question because everyone has their own perspective of whats good or not.. honestly I think every country has good movies.. I see movies here and there that are good and some that aren't... and also when it comes to drama it depends on the act they are trying to portray or tell. Some drama's try to hard to live up to the expectation of another drama to where they start adding unnecessary things same as movies. So for this topic I would have to vote neutral

solin

sarNie Adult
I vote for Korean drama because their storylines are usually great !
Then I say American.
Thai lakorns are good but too bassic.

cecilia

Staff member
AMERICAN SOAP ARE SO BORING !!!

best drama. it all depend ..
When CHINESE drama suck, KDRAMA picks up.
when KDRAMA suck, thai lakorn are good.
when thai lakorn turn bad TAIWANESE PICK UP.

so yup. LOl it all depend on one own taste

.. the questions is who's better? .. i would say KDRAMA just b/c they explore all kind of human traits.

Tigrafr

sarNie Hatchling
For me it's depend of the moment since i liked from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong (when they have english subtitles) it's the same for Thai and after China.
And also America

HyeSoo

sarNie Hatchling
I didn't vote, because I wish I had the possibility to vote "asian drama" in general. I watched indian movies for 7 years. Last year I discovered asian dramas and started to watch them too. Which nationality? Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Taiwanese and Thai :thumbup:

I don't like american series and I occasionally watch american movies (only when I go to the cinema with my friends :p)