why can hmong (USA) come up with their own songs/music...?

mly

sarNie Hatchling
which hmong meskas remade this song?? cuz i havent heard a remake by ne hmong meskas's at all...only overseas...

n im kinda lost about what ur trying to say...r u trying to debate that hmong meskas needs to stop copyin...or r u saying that singers, in general, needs to stop copying...cuz what im gettin is that ur saying singers need to stop copying...
The singer is Touly VangKhue. I remember when I heard this song, I was what the...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQZwvWYL9iY

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
it's mostly the oversea that OVERUSE the background score. I mean, like someone in here mention already. some of the lyric dont' even go with the song or the voice just doesn't match at all. Some can't even sing and some keeps making remake of the same song with different lyric. WHY CAN'T THEY come up with different music for different lyric, if you have the time to write them lyric, why can't you compose your own tune? If ppl really want to be original, they needs to stop recycling same tune. Make their own tune to fit their own lyric, heck, i would pay to get them copy if it's original but i see over the weekend that MOST of the song are ALL REMAKE ..

AND YES. like someone here said. I WONDER if they have any copyright to this at all .. it's pretty much a ripped out of others.

anyone notice. ZOOM ZOOM of TATA Young and Ashley Tisdale was made into a Hmong version too. I mean, it's good and everything but in the end, it all consider COPY.

Any writers shouldn't let their beautiful lyric be call 'copy' by using someone else's tune.
true they use the same music but different lyrics :lol: tis is the 3rd time i heard tis song w/ different lyrics but...i have to admit all three version are reallie good...the Ying Yang version...Tou Yang was okie..and this one is also good...the lyrics are sweet..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ry4XTiVJ64

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
I have heard this song, "baby im so sorry," in hmong before. not sure who sang it but i have.

im not debating that hmong meska should stop. I'M saying everyone copies everyone so there's no big deal.
Such as movies && trends these days. <- everyone is copying everyone. so doesnt matter who copies who..

understand?
lol...im sorry YM_gurl...i got u confused with the thread starter...lol but yea everyone does copy everyone...

Fearless

sarNie Adult
which hmong meskas remade this song?? cuz i havent heard a remake by ne hmong meskas's at all...only overseas...

n im kinda lost about what ur trying to say...r u trying to debate that hmong meskas needs to stop copyin...or r u saying that singers, in general, needs to stop copying...cuz what im gettin is that ur saying singers need to stop copying...

I heard a remake by Dr. teens

laugh-out-loud

sarNie Egg
i agree that Hmong peeps and other ethnicity groups are copying each other...it's also true that everyone copies everyone, but.....

I think that it's better to come up with your own songs if you want to become a singer...i don't see why you would want to use someone else's music and turn it into your own...i mean maybe the words maybe different, but a true song needs to be from originally composed by that artist! I don't get why people who copies can be proud of themselves and called themselves a singer?!!??!?! However...i see that some newer generation groups and singer are composing thier own songs...so, that's good...we're (hmong people) heading for a good start...

sorry if i sounded harsh...

cfang32

sarNie Egg
I'm a Hmong (USA) too... I'm not try to talk shit about Hmong (USA)... But Hmong (USA) should come up with thier songs/music... and try not to go and copy thai, Chinese, and etc... songs/music... because most of the songs/music i heard... is copy from others... Even they change it a little bit it still copy...

So, what do you think...? copy or come up with their own songs/music...?
they should come up with their own songs. THAT IS SO ILLEGAL. i'm hmong and i just hate it how it's not original at all. i understand if they translate the lyrics into the hmong language. BUT they only take the music and put their own hmong lyrics in. it TICKS me off so bad. i don't know what to say. well, i don't even listen to hmong music nor do i watched hmong dubbed stuff unless i'm hecka desperate and want to watch the movie/drama/lakorn or something.

there was this lecture by dr. yang dao on how hmong people copies other's cultures music too much. i AGREE. he says that he made some music from scratch without trying to copy something. the music is not my style but the music was reasonable. it represents the hmong. they are from the mountains and small villages so their songs should sound similar like that.

this is just my opinion. DO NOT get mad at me or something.

bebe

sarNie Hatchling
yes it is illegal and when other people "copy" other people they get the legal right to use the song. so many people copy now and days that it is rare to find someone who is original. there are some hmoob people who get legal rights to use someone elses song but the majority don't. maybe thats why i don't listen to much hmoob music and the ones i do listen to are the original ones.

pclkck

sarNie Egg
i think remaking a song is good. as long as the song is not the original music. making a folk modernize now thats something i like to see done more often. many hmong thai and laos songs are copied exactly even with the same music. it would be nice to hear if it was in a different genre.

and one more thing, the singer has to know how to sing. there's this one song that was sung in thai from a movie by weir and alexandra. and the hmong version was so terrible i actually feel really embrassed listening to it.

BaD_4_eternity

sarNie Egg
FINALLY! -_- someone said something...his recent music has been horrible i admit i like the first ablum...but eww..not anymore.and he needs to do someting to his hair..it's so..so..so...watever....yuck...i find it very disturbing the amount of girls crazie for ET..

Hey! even my uncle who just came from Thailand like about 2 years now he's also crazy for E.T. He went to Minnesota and came back dressing like E.T just because someone said to him that he looks like E.T. He also put up his hair like him to....Yuck!

mmm0403

sarNie Juvenile
To make Hmong music more originality, Hmong singers should use Hmong music instruments such as ncas, xim caum, nplooj, whatever other instruments that Hmong created to make music. I'm looking to the day that someone with such good voice as SuddenRushm, TX, Kos Lis, Like'Wise, others... use Hmong instruments for their songs.

Most of songs today have similar music because all they used are the same instruments-- just different language. I think Cib Xyooj cov kwvtxhiaj pajnruag are unique because the type of music is unique as well as the music instruments that used for cov zajkwvtxhiaj.

Cov nkauj niam no is not really different from any other songs you hear--whether it's English, Thai, or Chinese.