[Workpoint] The Mask Singer : Line Thai

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
The audience attending the taping and the judges vote for who they want to stay. The judges' votes count more. I think KhoonxNoux said the judges vote are worth 10 pts and the each audience vote is 1 pt?

I think Pannada has a better voice than Lydia. I'm 100% convinced she's Sumo. But Pannada kept doing the same style of songs each week which I think is why she lost.

I like Lydia and think she's a really talented singer but her voice isn't my fave. It seems like the judges really loved her version of Poompuang's song and it was great but I notice P'Neung said he arranged it. I love it more when singers make their own arrangements to give to P'Neung as he pointed out a couple times.

ETA: Side note, really love Kan as the host. Why isn't he a p'ek with Ch7 or Ch3? He's so tall too, he could work with anyone.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Thanks for explaining it, @jeanie1! I thought they get eliminated when the judges guessed who they are right.
Yeah, Kan should been pick to be P'ek in more lakorns. He is very talented. I love that he doesn't care what he play as and gives it his all.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Has this contestant been reveled yet? She's soooo good!
I love this song! Remind me of the song from the 90s

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
They guessed hella wrong lol, if I remember correctly some of the people they gussed were V Violet (The Voice Thailand) , Note the Star, Mint Minthita,
Everyone, pretty much thought V Violet though lol, it was the most votes for V Violet.
Haha, I'm still surprised it's Ice P. Is she a singer? She's definitely talented!

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I was surprised too but really she does sound like V Violet. I also thought it was V Violet.
I'm not familiar with most of the Thai singers, but the contestants on this show are very good. I'm surprised by most of them.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I'm not familiar with most of the Thai singers, but the contestants on this show are very good. I'm surprised by most of them.
I feel like Thai singers are just as talented as anyone else, but the way thai music is, it doesn't really require them to reach higher ranges. Mostly rock and old school thai music are songs that need singers to reach that range. I'm glad that this season we hear more thai songs than foreign songs!

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
I feel like Thai singers are just as talented as anyone else, but the way thai music is, it doesn't really require them to reach higher ranges. Mostly rock and old school thai music are songs that need singers to reach that range. I'm glad that this season we hear more thai songs than foreign songs!
Totally agreed! I really like some of the songs they picked, especially songs from lakorns back in the early 2000.

P'SweetXin

sarNie Hatchling
~ Love this song by Jessie J, so I was surprised that they sunged it! Both had really great vocals!!:icon12:

If I am correct, Sumo won Second Season. Jaguar was revealed to be Be Peerapat!
OMG!~Loved his song called รู้ / Roo (I Know) :love:
The Bun was Bie KPN..so I didn't guess him wrong after all hehehe.
His speech was sad and almost made me cried~ ;)
Now I'm wondering who Sumo is...:)

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Yeah I don't care for when they pick English songs. For one, some of them have pretty strong accents. The Thai songs that are chosen are much more unique. I really loved the Oyster's Trab Turee Din and Durian's Gunman song from S1. I believe those 2 are also the top 2 songs most viewed on youtube, no surprise there.

Also loved the Jaguar's Sida song from last week, especially the beginning and ending parts. So creative, especially since that wasn't in the original version.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
The final four were pretty much transparent lol, like even though there are doubts, all signs pointed to exactly who they were. The thing is they put on some of the best this season so like almost everyone is easily identified.

If anyone watches "I can see your voice" I feel that show gives a clue who will appear on the show. There are so many people who went on that, that eventually went on Masked Singer. Some of the recent artists that have gone on there are great to, so if they go on masked singer season 3 is going to be on fire lol. Some of the recent appearances Tu Nanthida, Gam, Noona, Punch, Chaiya mitchai, Sek Loso, Tik Shiro, Num Kala, Fon, Parn, Kat English, Rose Sirinthip, Palapol. Those are some of the ones I remember at the top of my head.

P'SweetXin

sarNie Hatchling
Sumo is announced to be Lydia!Congrats to her!:love: I think many people probably guessed it was her already because of her style of music, english accent and etc. Now we are just waiting for Season 3. So exciting!