YOur Lao Name??

swtaznlaogrl

sarNie Egg
My Laos name is: Viraphone Pathammavong and my parents gave me a middle name: Sandy
Hey we have the same last name hahah, I bet we are related somehow, n its seems that there are a bunch of other Pathammavongs out there that these ppls kno. So my full name is Sarah Sompathana Pathammavong, I got an american first name to make it easier for school, n i got a family middle name in that its means to "fulfill wishes" more like my parents wishes heheh. But yea my lao nickname is "noy" or "sarah noy" cuz I have a cousin with the same name Sarah Pathammavong too but shes older then me.

dfemc

sarNie Adult
u guys have really pretty names, the meanings are very nice too, if i understood them correctly. especially somphatana and phonemaly. just saying it sounds so sweet :) some are like indian (hindi) names in a way.

aenoy

sarNie Egg
Mine was Khamla Chanthavong but now that has changed due to marriage. Don't know many Khamlas that are female but I have met a few that are male.

my Laos name is Vannitda Chanthanane but in the Laos Community or when i attend the temple I use my grandfather's last name Vannitda Chanthavong so they know what family im from.

wow...these two actually has the same last name as me?? interesting!!!my full name is Tia Aenoy Chanthavong...it is true...almost all lao name in laos has something to do with noy???...why is that???..my sister name is noy..my sister in law is noy..my cousin is noy??...weird!!!
my name has noy in it!!

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
wow...these two actually has the same last name as me?? interesting!!!my full name is Tia Aenoy Chanthavong...it is true...almost all lao name in laos has something to do with noy???...why is that???..my sister name is noy..my sister in law is noy..my cousin is noy??...weird!!!
my name has noy in it!!
hahha my nickname in lao's has NOY in it too..... hey, nice to meet u.......haha :lol: :clap: :yahoo:

2cute2care

sarNie Juvenile
my laotian name is Somkid but my friends and family call my Kit (as in think)..lol
i think my name is commonly a boy's name though..but i'm a girl just ask LEK :)

SaoSophab

sarNie Hatchling
My full name is Phonemaly Outhichamphone. My dad combined my great grandparent's name when we came to America. Otherwise my last name would be Soumphomphakdy.
Hey I am in the same situation. My dad also combined our last name when we came to America to get my maiden one. But now I'm married so I have a totally different last name. Anyway, it was my great grandparents name too. In Laos it was Phraxaysithideth. talk about long huh? he he

Nae_jai_leaw_lur

sarNie Egg
Okay you guys may find this weird but I have two last names.LOL. Buttt...the good part is I have a laos name.
My full name is...drum roll....presenting: Manome Johnny Douangmala Sisavath...I know isn't that crazy. My last name is actually Douangmala. And my second last name is actually my god fathers. See when my mom was giving birth to me, my dad wasn't there to sign the papers and all...he was out drinking.LOL. My god father was there so he end up signing the paper and all.

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
aww poor little Manome ... can i call u that?? lol it sounds cute :) anyways that is one long @$$ name.....

Toon

Official Robert Pattinson Ambassador
My full name is Chansiri Sirimongkhoune....my close family and friends call me Tooney....hence my screename on this forum, Toon....my non-Laotion friends call me Channy cause they can't say Chansiri...b/c it is pronounced Chan (as in the moon) and Siri....other people nickname me Tony cause they can't say either Chansiri or Tooney...which is really annoying cause it ain't that hard if you try....neways I thought about changing my name when I was nautralized as a citizen but didn't

soupansa

sarNie Hatchling
Damn I hate my Laos name. It's Bupbee or Bauk (my great grandparents call me that and it's annoying and nowhere near my name and I cringe while everyone laughs when my gg calls me that). I guess I was supposed to be name Barbie but my mom didn't know how to pronounce it and it came out to be Bupbee. Soupansa is my Thai name and Ambraya is my model name so I don't get stalkers. But, I'd rather prefer Bup. Plain and simple haha. :D

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
Damn I hate my Laos name. It's Bupbee or Bauk (my great grandparents call me that and it's annoying and nowhere near my name and I cringe while everyone laughs when my gg calls me that). I guess I was supposed to be name Barbie but my mom didn't know how to pronounce it and it came out to be Bupbee. Soupansa is my Thai name and Ambraya is my model name so I don't get stalkers. But, I'd rather prefer Bup. Plain and simple haha. :D
i dunno about the nickname Bauk but Bupbee sounds cute.... unsure how it's suppose to sound.... but i think i know how it is...

Liberty

sarNie Adult
My American/middle name is Anny (yes, it's on my birth certificate).

My Lao name is Chantara.

Reagan, you're not the only one, my youngest brother doesn't have a Lao name either, my parents got lazy after the second child. lol

My family has a thing for the moon and gold. If their Lao name doesn't have to do with gold it has to do with the moon (like my brother and I).