Yug Los Ua Hmong

calla

sarNie Adult
ok, have anyone see this Thai lakorn translate into Hmong called "Yug Los Ua Hmoob" Saksit Tangtong is the p'ek he acts as a hmong man "Yo Tha Yee" who love his culture and people.
ok this lakorn is suppose to gave it as a present for the King of Thailand. now this lakorn is back to air because soon will be the King Birthday...i guess. :D

here is the pic...

pic, credit to me

i like these words.....

"น้ำเป็นของปลา ฟ้าเป็นของนก ภูเขาเป็นของม้ง ม้งเป็นของพ่อหลวง"

"rivers/water belong to fishes, sky belong to birds, Mountains belong to the Hmong people, the Hmong people belong to The King"

i know the King of Thailand loves Hmong people....so glad that i was born in Thailand. and my #1 actor ahhh....just so cute to know that he knows about our Hmong culture too :wub:

karenyang

#1S.H.E.&NicTse
THAT'S TANG SAKSIT!!!! i didn't know that....he looks so different in hmong clothing.....oh well, thanks for sharing though. :D

pajnyiag

sarNie Egg
Wow! That's so impressive! I did not know that the King of Thailand loves the Hmong people like you've mentioned. I am happy to hear that. However, I am assuming that the King of Thailand does not have much power, does he? If he did, I don't think our Hmong people would've left their homes these past years. What do you think?

calla

sarNie Adult
well, i don't think he has power or anything....but he do loves Hmong people...such gave them place to live, let them do whatever they want. as for us that can't even live in Thailand like Hmoob Thaib because we are refugee and we are not even a Thai citizen and the King has nothing to do with us because its not even his job but the gorvement.

what i'm trying to say is...that lakorn was about the Hmong Thaib not the Hmong refugeecamp. :D

lolz......Pepper_UHT, that's really Saksit Tangtong. :D

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
The King himself is just high in rank...his power is just his position...it is his government that governs all decision...

Tang can definitely pass for a hmong guy...hehe...

As for the hmong thaib and hmong refugee situation, I've heard that officials can't help the hmong refugees much until they've earn their thai citizenship...and most hmong refugees are denied because of drug use (I think it's opium)...and we all know how much the thai government hates opium...sorry, my source is not all that accurate but I'll do some more research on this...I'll fill you guys in once I find out...I just don't want to assume that this is an act of neglect and discrimination...

calla

sarNie Adult
YM_gurl said:
How interesting.. no i haven't seen it.. is it good? it's only 1 part right?
[post="52804"][/post]​
yea, i love this lakorn (mini serie) because it was belong to Exact. it has only 2 parts :D

yaso

sarNie Fansubber
huh...another one. does anyone remember the movie dubbed by S.T. Universal? it was back in the day when dubbing just kind of started. the main character was "Lee Ying"--something like that. and he married a thai girl. and there was a group of hmong people trying to find land that they could call their own, but they were just really tricked. and the point of the movie was that hmong people should try to integrate into Thai society--well kind of--still be hmong, but accept the situation. that kind of sounds like this one tang is in.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
yaso said:
huh...another one. does anyone remember the movie dubbed by S.T. Universal? it was back in the day when dubbing just kind of started. the main character was "Lee Ying"--something like that. and he married a thai girl. and there was a group of hmong people trying to find land that they could call their own, but they were just really tricked. and the point of the movie was that hmong people should try to integrate into Thai society--well kind of--still be hmong, but accept the situation. that kind of sounds like this one tang is in.
[post="53025"][/post]​
That movie was a popular one in the hmong community...I think everyone remembered it as "Lis Ceeb & Maiv Xi"...ST universal video did a great job too...I was a big fan too...LOL...I still love it!!!

calla

sarNie Adult
that one with tang was aired around 1998...i got the hmong version...lolz :D so i don't know if there is still any in hmong version left.
try to look at the vdo store..better look for the thai version because the hmong version got cut off so many scenes and don't really get it.

now i'm trying to get the thai version. need to keep this one as a memories. :wub:

beamie

sarNie Hatchling
dang.....imma have to see this.....i never knew the king liked hmong peeps....it's good to know.....

pajnyiag

sarNie Egg
yaso said:
[post="53025"][/post]​
HEY!!! That movie is a CLASSIC!!!!! It's about Lis Ceeb and Maiv Xis (Lee Cheng and MaXee). Those are the main characters. And then there's Mai Ker, who's basically this promiscous lady who wants Lee Cheng and then tricks the rest of the Hmong people...and that cute little boy who's got the perfect smile...and that awful looking friend of Lee Cheng... I remember now! And yes, it was very interesting to me that Thai people would ever do a film on Hmong people. (= I do not know the title of the movie, but I've seen several times and once last year. (=