❤️[CH3] Monrak Nong Phak Kayaeng (Act Art) : Nadech Kugimiya / Bow Maylada

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
This lakorn has the highest average rating for primetime lakorn this year and second highest rating (4.4) after i couldnt remember the title of that lakorn (4.7). Congrats to all the casts !

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Yes, “Mia Jam Pen” starring Mai and Pei has the highest ending episode of 4.7 and higher online views of 300k this year. This lakorn did well with Bangkok views but online views didn’t reached 200k while it was airing. Let’s see if any other ch3 prime time lakorns can go any higher than this.

I’m surprised this didn’t do that well with urban and rural area, usually those areas loves countryside lakorns. Probably the jokes didn’t sit well with them.
Or they probably likes evening lakorns with this type of lakorn setting more bc it airs everyday and earlier in the day as well. A 2hrs lakorn with not much of a storyline can get boring for prime time slot.
114D9FB4-07BF-4661-866F-B889482DD4B9.jpeg

Last edited:

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
He needs to work on his crying. It's not convincing, he cries loudly but there're hardly any tears. His exaggerated acting might be the direction of this lakorn (case in point is episode 13 last night, the overuse of physical comedy), to which I blame the director. The director is like a chef, he should know if there's too much salt in a soup and when to stop adding more salt to it.

If Nadech was to win any awards, it can only because the quality of other lakorns this year is not too good, or because the awards are rigged. To be honest, most awards are rigged, there might be some that aren't, but they're very rare.
Case in point he got a lot of awards for 0 memorable acting so it answers your question on the rarity

Sacred

among...
If Nadech was to win any awards, it can only because the quality of other lakorns this year is not too good, or because the awards are rigged. To be honest, most awards are rigged, there might be some that aren't, but they're very rare.
Um, this is rich to say. About someone's hard work. By this logic there was not any good quality lakorn in the past ten years but his, considering that Nadech is the most awarded actor in history.
Should not think less about person who win or who loose.
If Nadech win anything it will be deserved. (And he is not always wins.)

Every award show on this planet is rigged in some way.
And people may like something that you doesn't.

Simplythailover

sarNie Egg
L
Um, this is rich to say. About someone's hard work. By this logic there was not any good quality lakorn in the past ten years but his, considering that Nadech is the most awarded actor in history.
Should not think less about person who win or who loose.
If Nadech win anything it will be deserved. (And he is not always wins.)

Every award show on this planet is rigged in some way.
And people may like something that you doesn't.
Yes,and some of the directors praised him based on his performance on MR(I can't post the articles here)The professionals knew him better than us.He is versatile actor I can say.He've got all the talent but not all utilise it yet.He's not the actor that will grab all the chances given to him may be he have some priorities in his life.Nadech is one the rare gems in Thailand Ent.Belief me he will be great influence in this industry if he choose to be( director/producer) in the future.But now he should focus on acting especially do more movies.

Simplythailover

sarNie Egg
As I said before this,MR seem lacking of the good script,the flow of the stories also quite weak to me.I rather enjoy watching back his lakorn Torainee Ne Krong if i want to watch the drama based on agriculture.The development of love stories between Kiew and Chompoo do not convinced me, sometimes too childish and cringe to see.I blame to P'Off,he is not good this type of genre drama.But overall the drama is fun to watch.

Anne22

sarNie Juvenile
As I said before this,MR seem lacking of the good script,the flow of the stories also quite weak to me.I rather enjoy watching back his lakorn Torainee Ne Krong if i want to watch the drama based on agriculture.The development of love stories between Kiew and Chompoo do not convinced me, sometimes too childish and cringe to see.I blame to P'Off,he is not good this type of genre drama.But overall the drama is fun to watch.
Yup honestly for me, kiew and chompoo sweet scenes were all cringey and the storyline is a bit boring. Thank god they still manage to pull good ratings compare to other ch3 lakorn this yr

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Nadech may not be the best Thai actor but you have to admit, his onscreen presence is no joke. He's a actor who outshines others onscreen, one the casting director can't take their eyes off. I am disappointed in his acting here but still there are some gestures and expressions that are memorable and only Nadech can pull off.

xdanavelvetx

sarNie Adult
I don’t know why they did comedy if they are bad at it. It could so good if it was a musical drama. The problem they did film it and then they air it so soon! It could better if the p’ek and n’ek didnt end together, zero chemistry as couple! But I loved Bow and Nadech acting but some of his expressions were so cringe and exaggerated!

Simplythailover

sarNie Egg
I don’t know why they did comedy if they are bad at it. It could so good if it was a musical drama. The problem they did film it and then they air it so soon! It could better if the p’ek and n’ek didnt end together, zero chemistry as couple! But I loved Bow and Nadech acting but some of his expressions were so cringe and exaggerated!
P'Off drama like Nakee was good,but not this one. I'm waiting for Lai kinaree, it's almost 2years no news about it's progression yet.If they can't do it they should stop, wasting time especially for Nadech, Yaya and others who was involved in the drama.I don't worry for Nadech especially because he's man,but for Yaya,I would like to see her act with another actors too before she settles down (off course with Nadech).

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
Totally greed. They should have gotten rid of the slaptick, shortened the flashbacks and fill the time with more dance and songs. That way, even with the simple plot that they have, they could have pulled in a larger audience, and start a new trend for lakorns.

Talking about the chemistry between the leads, there's a bit of reserve and awkwardness from both of them when they started acting as lovers. As if in their head they always thought "I have a real life boyfriend / girlfiend".

However, the shortcoming above could easily be masked with good editting skill. Case in point is some fan vids on Youtube (not for this lakorn) can even make it look like enemies in a movie / TV series are in love with each other.

Sonakshi

sarNie Adult
Totally greed. They should have gotten rid of the slaptick, shortened the flashbacks and fill the time with more dance and songs. That way, even with the simple plot that they have, they could have pulled in a larger audience, and start a new trend for lakorns.

Talking about the chemistry between the leads, there's a bit of reserve and awkwardness from both of them when they started acting as lovers. As if in their head they always thought "I have a real life boyfriend / girlfiend".

However, the shortcoming above could easily be masked with good editting skill. Case in point is some fan vids on Youtube (not for this lakorn) can even make it look like enemies in a movie / TV series are in love with each other.
Insert songs and dances in a bollywood style. Bollywood movies don't have much of a story either but the songs make-up for the lack of story.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
They just didn’t have enough songs to really make a musical lakorn in here. The songs just wasn’t catchy or memorable. And what kinda dance were they going for?? It looks so off beats! Lol

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
They just didn’t have enough songs to really make a musical lakorn in here. The songs just wasn’t catchy or memorable. And what kinda dance were they going for?? It looks so off beats! Lol
Sure there are many catchy Esan country songs to choose from. They don't need to be new materials. High school musicals cover old songs but added their own identity to them. The dance don't need to be strictly Thai traditional style. If Act Art wanted to make their own mark, they should have hired a professional choreographer to train the cast. In Lala land, the actors hadn't known how to dance, but they were willing to learn.

The cast's dancing wasn't insync. Judging from the BTS, the actors seemed to come up with the dance moves by themselves, on the spot. I can tell there was some dance moves from CH3 anniversary concerts.

It's disappointing that the production didn't seem to put an effort to ensure there is synchnorization in the actors' dance movements

Sacred

among...
I guess they wanted to do more a comedy than a musical. Or they just couldn't pull off a musical. It was just a few songs that Nadech made for them and random dances. But, I agree with everyone, P'Off is bad in comedy. The kind of jokes he chose for lakorn was yaikes. I was surprised. Even if some of them were still funny.
Guess it was P'Off and the team who chose for Nadech this style of acting. Seems they thought antics for p'k should do for a village comedy. Well, Nadech said it was hard and exhausting for him. But still can't imagine anyone but him doing this "show".
Love line was questionable from the start for me. Blame the script.
Do all countryside lakorns have the same tropes in plot? Well, I guess.
Really remembered TNNKK in more than one point. But I think TNNKK would win this battle, it has no cringe, good script and convincing love line.

Sacred

among...
P'Off drama like Nakee was good,but not this one. I'm waiting for Lai kinaree, it's almost 2years no news about it's progression yet.If they can't do it they should stop, wasting time especially for Nadech, Yaya and others who was involved in the drama.I don't worry for Nadech especially because he's man,but for Yaya,I would like to see her act with another actors too before she settles down (off course with Nadech).
It seems LK is still happening. Someone from the team posted about working on some LK documents. Still nothing official.

Simplythailover

sarNie Egg
It seems LK is still happening. Someone from the team posted about working on some LK documents. Still nothing official.
Glad if it's true, Nakee drama and Nakee 2 the movie were good,so I was actually looking forward to watch LK,so must patiently wait.I must say I have much anticipate that MR will be good too.Nadech approach/versatility as Kiew (sometimes overreact) must be because of rom-com genre,so I don't have a problem with that.But as for me this is not memorable lakorn, sorry.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I don't know what this lakorn was trying to be. I think Act Art missed the mark and tried too hard in this lakorn, nothing felt natural. Maybe I'm biased but most of the time I feel Ch7 lakorns make their country/musical lakorns have a lot of heart in their lakorns and it comes across as natural. The whole appreciate the countryside aspect felt very forced. Not to mention that the plot was incredibly weak. Half the time I forgot what this lakorn was about. Plus, for a musical, this fell flat. We literally had 3 basic songs that were forgettable at best, especially the one where they pay tribute to Esan food, that one felt out of place.

The leads were also not very likeable. Kiew while funny at times was just a brat that didn't grow that much as a character. I felt like Chompoo had a stick up her butt all the time and she lacked personality. I like both Nadech and Bow but their characters were not very well written in my opinion. The romance was kind of cute towards the end but they spent way too long on Kiew trying to win Chompoo back. This lakorn could have cut out the last episode and it probably would have been better. The last episode was just dumb and draggy. Also, there was this random part where they talk about the mom and dad's relationship and Au Thanakorn makes a cameo. First of all, no woman is going to choose that bald dude over Au Thanakorn and then the random part where the uncle has a crush on Au. I guess this is supposed to be some funny moment, I just fail to see the humour in it all. Kru Rit and Namfon fell flat, were we supposed to care about these two? Rit and Namfon had no personality and were just there pretty much. They really made Namfon pathetic in the end and the part where she reveals his feelings was so uncomfortable to watch. Rit literally has no interest in her and he was so noncommittal in his response to her.

And is it just me or the widow and the widower's plots don't really get resolved. Where'd his wife end up? Is her husband coming out of ordination? Does he change? Are those two getting together? The ex-girlfriend was also one dimensional. Who the heck did she marry? Why the heck was she using Kiew? She also came back for 5 minutes and then disappeared, I still don't get what her deal was. I couldn't even form an opinion on her because she was just there, she'd show up and then leave, show up and then leave. If you're going to make a lakorn with a bunch of characters, you gotta at least develop and resolve it. Ch7 back in the day made pretty good lakorns with this kind of format. Theppabut Salum with Num and May was a pretty successful 'life' kind of lakorn. Now there's a comedic lakorn that properly shows the different lives of people. It had very little plot like this lakorn but it worked because it was a character driven lakorn and you at least get development for all the major characters and each individual problem gets resolved in a satisfying way. Nang Barb with Sam and Kat and Big Sia with Bee and Namfon also did a good job with this kind of thing.

Then in the very last scene we get a lecture from the lakorn. It felt SO out of place. So yeah, I have no idea what this lakorn is trying to be. I think Nadech and Bow way deserved better.

Som123

sarNie Hatchling
I don't know what this lakorn was trying to be. I think Act Art missed the mark and tried too hard in this lakorn, nothing felt natural. Maybe I'm biased but most of the time I feel Ch7 lakorns make their country/musical lakorns have a lot of heart in their lakorns and it comes across as natural. The whole appreciate the countryside aspect felt very forced. Not to mention that the plot was incredibly weak. Half the time I forgot what this lakorn was about. Plus, for a musical, this fell flat. We literally had 3 basic songs that were forgettable at best, especially the one where they pay tribute to Esan food, that one felt out of place.

The leads were also not very likeable. Kiew while funny at times was just a brat that didn't grow that much as a character. I felt like Chompoo had a stick up her butt all the time and she lacked personality. I like both Nadech and Bow but their characters were not very well written in my opinion. The romance was kind of cute towards the end but they spent way too long on Kiew trying to win Chompoo back. This lakorn could have cut out the last episode and it probably would have been better. The last episode was just dumb and draggy. Also, there was this random part where they talk about the mom and dad's relationship and Au Thanakorn makes a cameo. First of all, no woman is going to choose that bald dude over Au Thanakorn and then the random part where the uncle has a crush on Au. I guess this is supposed to be some funny moment, I just fail to see the humour in it all. Kru Rit and Namfon fell flat, were we supposed to care about these two? Rit and Namfon had no personality and were just there pretty much. They really made Namfon pathetic in the end and the part where she reveals his feelings was so uncomfortable to watch. Rit literally has no interest in her and he was so noncommittal in his response to her.

And is it just me or the widow and the widower's plots don't really get resolved. Where'd his wife end up? Is her husband coming out of ordination? Does he change? Are those two getting together? The ex-girlfriend was also one dimensional. Who the heck did she marry? Why the heck was she using Kiew? She also came back for 5 minutes and then disappeared, I still don't get what her deal was. I couldn't even form an opinion on her because she was just there, she'd show up and then leave, show up and then leave. If you're going to make a lakorn with a bunch of characters, you gotta at least develop and resolve it. Ch7 back in the day made pretty good lakorns with this kind of format. Theppabut Salum with Num and May was a pretty successful 'life' kind of lakorn. Now there's a comedic lakorn that properly shows the different lives of people. It had very little plot like this lakorn but it worked because it was a character driven lakorn and you at least get development for all the major characters and each individual problem gets resolved in a satisfying way. Nang Barb with Sam and Kat and Big Sia with Bee and Namfon also did a good job with this kind of thing.

Then in the very last scene we get a lecture from the lakorn. It felt SO out of place. So yeah, I have no idea what this lakorn is trying to be. I think Nadech and Bow way deserved better.
Yup gotta agree. I love Nadech but this lakorn is boring and cringey af. Nadech deserves better. I hope AA wont screw LK.