❤️[CH3] My Love From the Stars (Broadcast Thai Television) : Nadech Kugimiya / Matt Peranee

Ms.Zoe

.: Lady Huo :.
Lol maybe some members didn't read this thread from the beginning & up to the most recent post lol...I wouldn't bc that is 9 pages of reading lol.

One fact for sure is that Yaya will not be the n'ek, for anyone who doesn't want another NY lakorn, you can sigh now :D.

Btw after New Year Khun Nong will announce the n'ek.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
With Kim Soohyun & Jun Jihyun what also worked in their favor and someone here had brought it up was the fact they had worked together before in an ensemble film called The Thieves hence JJH convincing KSH to do the drama with her, the audience was anticipating seeing that chemistry showcased in a drama.
This has me wondering if Matt were to be chosen, has she and Nadech ever interacted before (besides the usual hello at events) ?.

Interesting ... Here I thought the people high above were the ones who kept giving them projects together, I wonder what Nadech's aversion is to working with new people lol. Nadech needs to work with new people, he needs to push himself and improve on his craft. It's always great working with someone familiar but it's also a great opportunity to learn more about yourself when you're in a new environment.
I think the higher up usually make the final decision unless you are super popular like Nadech and Tik. Tik pretty much just casually says he want to work with someone and boom it happened.

If Nadech is that way then he is not a serious actor but an actor that is comfortable in his zone which is kind of sad in a sense and an actor like that you just can't take him seriously because he doesn't want to even challenge himself.

And when he says, if people don't want to watch it then don't he pretty much got his wish. Most of their lakorns didn't do that good but they are a couple that get lots buzz so whether the lakorn does good or not the buzz makes up for it.

I guess 2 more weeks before we know the n'ek. I want Matt to have another lakorn since she has none right now but it doesn't necessarily have to be this one.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
I agreee, if he chooses to star with Yaya instead then I don't know how I feel about him as an actor. So unprofessional. I think the last one people actually liked was GRGR.

Ms.Zoe

Nadech is confirmed as p'ek in this lakorn, I don't think he has any saying in the decision making on who is the n'ek, that is Khun Nong's right, isn't it? This scenario is different as someone had mentioned about Body Switch lakorn, Yaya was confirmed when Nadech wasn't so he went & asked someone I forgot who for him to be in that lakorn bc he wanted to be in a romance comedy lakorn.

Yaya said she isn't in this lakorn & we haven't heard any news about Nadech taking his name off from this lakorn so relax :D which means he will act with a n'ek who is not Yaya....relax.

x.ATKD.x

sarNie Adult
Nadech needs to work on the substance aspect because he already has the hype part of his career down pat. I genuinely hope he takes this opportunity and goes all in, I think this project for me will be the deciding factor on whether I'll take him seriously as an actor or not. It'll be very easy for the spotlight to be taken off the male lead if he doesn't deliver because Park Haejin & Shin Sungrok's roles were equally as good as the mains too.

As for Matt, I wouldn't be devastated if she wasn't a part of this (slightly relieved because no pressure). This drama could be a nice opportunity for some new actresses to rise, but I have no idea if there are any decent ones to begin with at Channel 3.

Shiera

sarNie Hatchling
Well a whole lot of people in Thailand must've taken his advice because none of Nadech/Yaya's lakorns' ratings after DJA are anything to write home about so yeah they sure aren't watching it. :risas3:
Ratings dont matter when it comes to NY. A Thai friend was explaining to me the other day that NY have easily the biggest fanbase of any celebrity in Thailand. Not only do they have a big fanbase, they also have a ridiculously LOYAL fanbase that is willing to spend time and money supporting them. This plays a huge part in why all companies want them together. Advertisers know that when NY have lakorns on tv, their loyal (and mostly well-off) fans will watch those lakorns. This means that there is a higher chance of the products advertised during the commercial breaks and sponsored in the lakorns to be sold. Loyal rich/well-off fans = more hype = higher chance of sales = more profit.

NY's lakorns have never really had high ratings including GRGR however, GRGR turned Nadech into Thailand's top superstar because of the hype and his fanbase which has been going crazy since then buying his products left and right. Ratings in Thailand dont mean much to advertisers because most Thai citizens live in rural areas and dont have much access to products that u see in urban areas like Bangkok. So advertisers cater to those living in urban areas and who are able to access and buy their products. Advertisement companies target audience IS people like NY fans. Now, how does this matter with lakorns, well production and broadcasting companies make money through advertisements. Thus, advertising companies have the big say when it comes to casting actors because they wont pay money to production companies to sponsor the lakorn and have their products advertised during breaks if they feel that the actors hired dont have a fanbase that they can target with their products. If u look at Nadech's career, u will see how this makes sense. In terms of ratings, his lakorns have done average at best. Heck Mark and Yaya's first lakorn together reached 15% in ratings, a number that none of Nadech's lakorns have ever reached and yet Nadech is considered higher in status than Mark and is still the highest paid actor in Thailand. The same applies to why CH7 actors are not as much talked about as CH3 actors even though CH3 almost always has lower ratings..its the hype and the fanbase. I noticed that whenever NY attending an event together, fans in their thousands show up. If u are a mall that is about to open up or display new features then u want celebs to come who will bring in their huge fanbases that will end up shopping at that mall. Same goes for products. There were lots of threads and talk about Yaya's outfits in KC. Her fans posted info about her clothes everywhere which got those clothes more exposure leading to increase in sales. As for Nadech's lakorns not doing well, keep in mind that his last 2 lakorns were NOT with Yaya and yet they still did worse than his lakorns with Yaya. There was some hype, but definitely not the same as it was with Yaya based on what fans have been telling me but someone can correct me on that. So its actually in his benefit that he does lakorns with Yaya despite the low ratings. Projects with Yaya = high demand = more money to advertisers and product companies = more support and money to lakorn production companies and the channel = higher income to the actors. Its a full circle really!

Last edited:

Shiera

sarNie Hatchling
I think the higher up usually make the final decision unless you are super popular like Nadech and Tik. Tik pretty much just casually says he want to work with someone and boom it happened.

If Nadech is that way then he is not a serious actor but an actor that is comfortable in his zone which is kind of sad in a sense and an actor like that you just can't take him seriously because he doesn't want to even challenge himself.

And when he says, if people don't want to watch it then don't he pretty much got his wish. Most of their lakorns didn't do that good but they are a couple that get lots buzz so whether the lakorn does good or not the buzz makes up for it.

I guess 2 more weeks before we know the n'ek. I want Matt to have another lakorn since she has none right now but it doesn't necessarily have to be this one.
I personally dont believe that hes not serious about acting or that he doesnt want to challenge himself. He said once that he took film courses for his bachelors and hes always said hes interested in learning about filming. Many people who worked with him talked about his passion for acting and the filming process. He even was very passionate about doing a movie based on what one of the directors hes close to said about him. He has had absolutely no problem working with other actresses and his chemistry with them has been great so far. In fact, he has been praised at his ability to play so well with other actresses including Kim and Mew. Honestly, I maybe completely off about this but based on his actions and what others have said about him in the industry, I feel that him wanting to work with Yaya has more to do with his relationship with Yaya than anything else.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
I like to watch real clips where I can hear and see the actors/actresses voice and expression over printed articles.

Unless I missed something, I've never come across any clips or read any Thai articles where Nadech said if people don't want to watch his lakorns then don't.

Reporters have asked him how he would feel if people got tired of NY lakorns.
He said he had no control over of what people like or not like, but he hopes people will give them support and feedback both positive and negative.
He also said for the people who like their work, please continue with their support and encouragement.
For the people who love them, please love them a little by little but love them long.

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
Dang has it always been about money ? People don't even care about the quality of lakorns anymore. Are actors even passionate about acting too? Lol.

Ms.Zoe

Thank you for your input @Vimalee. I thought it was strange when someone said that Nadech said if people don't want to watch his lakorns then don't.

I like to watch real clips where I can hear and see the actors/actresses voice and expression over printed articles.

Unless I missed something, I've never come across any clips or read any Thai articles where Nadech said if people don't want to watch his lakorns then don't.

He said he had no control over of what people like or not like, but he hopes people will give them support and feedback both positive and negative.
He also said for the people who like their work, please continue with their support and encouragement.
For the people who love them, please love them a little by little but love them long.

Shiera

sarNie Hatchling

There is a clip of an interview where he said that when he was answering what he thought of people criticizing them for acting together again. I will find the clip and post it

Shiera

sarNie Hatchling

here is the interview:

the specific statement is said at 4:09 and the whole topic starts at 3:49

Ms.Zoe

I watched the clip and I didn't see & hear Nadech saying if people don't want to watch his lakorns then don't. He was carefree when asked "are you afraid of people being bored."

Rose Tran

sarNie Hatchling
For me Boy did great in Cupid Series with Toey , if i didn't watch that series i won't become Boy fan and follow his work. He has a mature look and with those beard , serious role fit his appearance so well special in suit. I actually don't understand about Thai Lakorn system , i don't know if they have audition system for Lakorn. Mark Prin has a baby face but he end up get a lot of mature role , Boy with a mature look but is not good with the serious role. I am confused. lolz.
Boy's acting in KH definitely improved. I and many audiences can feel him as a strict, full-of-worries Tim Pitchayatorn, not himself. No more of his craziness and exhausted look which made this my favorite role of him :D As for You Who Came From The Stars, I would strongly suggest Kim or Matt since they can pull out this role perfectly. Chompoo could be great too but she's pregnant of her twin sons already.

Maricon

sarNie Oldmaid
Boy's acting in KH definitely improved. I and many audiences can feel him as a strict, full-of-worries Tim Pitchayatorn, not himself. No more of his craziness and exhausted look which made this my favorite role of him :D As for You Who Came From The Stars, I would strongly suggest Kim or Matt since they can pull out this role perfectly. Chompoo could be great too but she's pregnant of her twin sons already.
Wow she's expecting twin sons?!?! They will probably be two future pra'eks in the making (being a son or daughter of a celebrity has an influence if they will follow their parent actor/actress' footsteps lol)! Man I can't wait for the announcement of the n'ek already so we can all calm down :risas3::risas3::risas3: Whoever acts in a remake of a very popular series has a big shoes to fill and the pressure is real, people might end up bashing them if expectations are not met.

Rose Tran

sarNie Hatchling
Wow she's expecting twin sons?!?! They will probably be two future pra'eks in the making (being a son or daughter of a celebrity has an influence if they will follow their parent actor/actress' footsteps lol)! Man I can't wait for the announcement of the n'ek already so we can all calm down :risas3::risas3::risas3: Whoever acts in a remake of a very popular series has a big shoes to fill and the pressure is real, people might end up bashing them if expectations are not met.
I know right :D Like seriously, twins :icon12: Gosh :risas3: Definitely beautiful like their mother :icon12:

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Thank you na ka for sharing the clip.

I've watched it several times and still didn't see or hear Nadech said if people don't want to watch his lakorns then don't.
Like Ms.Zoe said he was carefree or nonchalant.
He mentioned that when people said they don't want to watch or wouldn't want to watch, they still checked it out when the lakorn was on air so he's not sure if they're really bored.

here is the interview:

the specific statement is said at 4:09 and the whole topic starts at 3:49

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Let's see which actresses are available because that is one of the main factor why certain actor/actress got the role since the producer doesn't want to wait or cannot wait for their queue.

Matt just finished a lakorn with Andrew, don't know about her upcoming lakorns

Kim only has Kom Fak

Mai - Free lance, just finished CH3 lakorn with Mario, not sure about other channels.

Toey J. - Her three lakorns just finished airing, not sure about any upcoming lakorns.

Nuntarn & Wawwa, Broadcast actresses, not sure about their upcoming lakorns.

Rita doesn't have anything right now.

Janie - almost done with Plerng Boon, Rang Ngao 2 confirmed???

Ploy doesn't have anything right now but contract with CH3 will expire in May.

Shiera

sarNie Hatchling
@Shiera but his relationship with yaya should never be a reason to why he wants to continue acting with her.
Like I said before, its just a feeling I have but I could be completely wrong on it. He just seems to really enjoy working with her and has been quite outspoken about this. Keep in mind that his last 2 lakorns were with other actresses. In the lakorn where he acted as a twin, he had 2 nang'ks. Then he acted with Mew and had a movie with another actress other than Yaya so its not like he never works with others but i feel that he does have a preference for working with Yaya and my theory is that it might be more to do with their relationship because he doesnt seem to be the type of actor who is afraid of a challenge or of improving himself.

@Vimalee I totally understand how u see this but the way I interpret it is not the same. Him saying "i dont take it seriously" or "if they really feel bored..im not afraid" when asked about what he thought of the criticism and even joking around it was not the ideal response he should have gone with because it makes it seem like he doesnt care what other people say and doesnt pay attention to it even when its valid criticism. You cant just brush off every criticism with jokes and a light atmosphere. Him also saying that people will still watch it when it airs even though they complain at first is a bit presumptuous too in my opinion. I think the best way he could have handled that question is by saying something along the lines of "i understand people's criticism and worries but the 2 lakorns im filming with her have very different storylines and themes. One is comedy with soul-switching while the other is romantic drama with princess theme. They will also air far apart from each other...etc". Again thats just my opinion based on what he said while responding to this criticism. I do like NY together in real life and I adore their insane chemistry in lakorns but frankly Im not very thrilled that they have back-to-back lakorns like this. Nadech always does well with his acting but I find that Yaya shines a lot more in lakorns without Nadech.

Now since Yaya has already revealed she wont be working in this lakorn, Im gonna stop talking about her here since the topic is deviating from its purpose.