❤️[CH3] My Love From the Stars (Broadcast Thai Television) : Nadech Kugimiya / Matt Peranee

m3lhouse

sarNie Adult
I finally watched it and out of 10 I’d give it a 5.5. It’s okey, not great. I actually like Matt here, one thing I am dissapointed by is her wardrobe, but that’s not her fault. They hyped it up so much but it just looks like the standard rich girl wardrobe you get in lakorns, and even in that regard it’s not as good as others I’ve seen. I was imagining something more like Rosie Huntington Whiteley (look her up on ig) or the vibe of the brand Marc and Camilla (also on ig), structured but still very feminine.

Nadech... honestly just doesn’t fit the role. You know who would have been interesting to see playing him? Sunny or any of the 3 younger intern doctors in My Ambulance. I think it’s because I was watching it just before MLFTS but that idea came to me as I was watching Nadech and now it won’t leave my head.

I totally understand his character is meant to be stiff and repressed but Sunny is playing a similar character and he is honestly so much better at it than Nadech. IMO this kind of role needs higher levels of acting skills because it’s all in the details; the subtle facial expressions, the eyes- especially the eyes! I realised that Nadech doesn’t have that. Tbh for me this role highlighted where he is lacking.

The CGI is laughable. I have nothing else to say about it. I’m also not a fan of the supporting actors, their skills... tbh visually they’re not as good as the originals, so for their acting skills to also not be up to par??

Apart from (God - his so cute, but bless him he can’t act at all) they’re not awful but they’re not good either- just whatever. If it was me apart from Matt and Suriyont(?) I’d recast the rest of the main cast.
Yeah they should've gotten Sunny to play the alien here coz he already got the alien finger down AHAHHAHAHAH

http://instagr.am/p/B2tFNpnjbQ4/

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Personally, I think Nadech is doing a good job. Everyone prefers differently. I think this story rather the korean one or not, its a hate or love thing. The storyline never gripped me from the Korean one. Remakes should be stopped though, creating something new is what audiences look forward to, the success of My Ambulance was due to the new story. CH3 should understand this, the last time they had such a big hit was BPS and that was completely new and unexpected.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Personally, I think Nadech is doing a good job. Everyone prefers differently. I think this story rather the korean one or not, its a hate or love thing. The storyline never gripped me from the Korean one. Remakes should be stopped though, creating something new is what audiences look forward to, the success of My Ambulance was due to the new story. CH3 should understand this, the last time they had such a big hit was BPS and that was completely new and unexpected.
I don’t think Nadech is doing that bad either, at least not bad enough to bother me. I’m sure he’s gonna improve as the episodes go on. I think no matter who the male lead would’ve been, they were gonna be outshined by the female lead since her character is so bold and outgoing and the male lead is more chill and not as expressive.

Last edited:

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I finally watched it and out of 10 I’d give it a 5.5. It’s okey, not great. I actually like Matt here, one thing I am dissapointed by is her wardrobe, but that’s not her fault. They hyped it up so much but it just looks like the standard rich girl wardrobe you get in lakorns, and even in that regard it’s not as good as others I’ve seen. I was imagining something more like Rosie Huntington Whiteley (look her up on ig) or the vibe of the brand Marc and Camilla (also on ig), structured but still very feminine.

Nadech... honestly just doesn’t fit the role. You know who would have been interesting to see playing him? Sunny or any of the 3 younger intern doctors in My Ambulance. I think it’s because I was watching it just before MLFTS but that idea came to me as I was watching Nadech and now it won’t leave my head.

I totally understand his character is meant to be stiff and repressed but Sunny is playing a similar character and he is honestly so much better at it than Nadech. IMO this kind of role needs higher levels of acting skills because it’s all in the details; the subtle facial expressions, the eyes- especially the eyes! I realised that Nadech doesn’t have that. Tbh for me this role highlighted where he is lacking.

The CGI is laughable. I have nothing else to say about it. I’m also not a fan of the supporting actors, their skills... tbh visually they’re not as good as the originals, so for their acting skills to also not be up to par??

Apart from (God - his so cute, but bless him he can’t act at all) they’re not awful but they’re not good either- just whatever. If it was me apart from Matt and Suriyont(?) I’d recast the rest of the main cast.
I think Sunny would’ve been the best choice if this role was given to anyone outside of ch3. Sunny does best with those cold and non-expressive roles. Just like Matt is in her element in this role of hers, Sunny would’ve been in his element with this role too. However for me, I really can’t see any other p’ek at Ch3 do this role besides Nadech. Even if Nadech hasn't hit the ball out of the park with his acting, I think overall he suits the role the most for me. I think maybe the only other person at Ch3 that is p’ek status that could do this would be Alek and even with him I’m iffy for this certain role.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Alek would have fitted the role as well. He got more gravitas than Nadech.
I think acting wise Alek definitely would’ve been on par or better than Nadech but I’m iffy on his looks. Not that he’s not attractive cause he is, but his looks don’t quite match the image of the male lead in my head. Everyone has a different picture of what the male lead should look like and Nadech for me is the only one who matches my image of the male lead in MLFTS.

twister02

M♥K
I think acting wise Alek definitely would’ve been on par or better than Nadech but I’m iffy on his looks. Not that he’s not attractive cause he is, but his looks don’t quite match the image of the male lead in my head. Everyone has a different picture of what the male lead should look like and Nadech for me is the only one who matches my image of the male lead in MLFTS.
I agree. Nadech suits to be Achira look-wise. He's not bad in the acting side too although sometimes I feel in some parts he was struggling to stay calm or monotonous so it comes off as a bit stiff. Sunny is good with these kind of roles but his physical attributes doesn't fit with the character. Achira should be young looking vs. Fahlada. I would have like James Ji to be Achira but Nadech is not a bad choice too. He is not bad so far.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
I agree. Nadech suits to be Achira look-wise. He's not bad in the acting side too although sometimes I feel in some parts he was struggling to stay calm or monotonous so it comes off as a bit stiff. Sunny is good with these kind of roles but his physical attributes doesn't fit with the character. Achira should be young looking vs. Fahlada. I would have like James Ji to be Achira but Nadech is not a bad choice too. He is not bad so far.
Oops forgot about that age thing. Sunny like very mature so that would definitely be a problem since p’ek is not supposed to look too mature. If his face was a little younger looking I think he would’ve been perfect. Love James but for some reason I can’t see him as Achira. But overall, yeah Nadech is not even doing that bad. He’s good enough for me.

YadechTaemint

Magnet Couple
I finally got the chance to watch the first episode over the weekend. It feels like they enjoy messing up the hairstyle of almost every actor in this T_T How can Eddie have the best hairstyle???? The CG is pretty ok for a Thai production but the transition and choice of background music between some scenes is terrible.

In terms of acting, Falada is basically Matt acting like Matt but struggling in some scenes - such as the scene where Achira came to complain about her singing at night. P'Mai basically gave us a heads up on this when he was talking about Matt in the Perd Kong but I was still kinda hoping she would be able to distinguish between herself and CSY. I have seen no problems with Nadech's acting, he just needs to speak a bit slower in some scenes lol. In terms of the rest of the cast: Eye looks like she will do a good job at being two faced, Yoghurt isn't too bad, she was only cringy at the beginning of her scene when she screamed about Falada getting the show she wanted. Masu...I honestly don't remember Masu lol. And for God, he only had a short scene but his acting was unbelievably cringy. From episode 1 alone, MLFAS just seems ok, it's definitely not as good as the original but like it's not exactly terrible. I need to find time to finish episode 2 cuz I only watched the first few minutes but hopefully the episodes get better.

About Matt caring, she pretty much cleared her queue for this and didn't accept any other lakorns, so I would say that she cares. Unless she already has plans to leave the channel/industry or she's ok with working with D-list productions for the rest of her career, she definitely cares about the outcome.

For casting outside ch3, errrrrr I don't know about Sunny being ideal for this role. Achira needs to be younger and look younger than the nang'ek but Sunny is 38.... If they really wanted to go outside of ch3 to cast, they could cast Aum P as Falada and replace God with someone else (they could even stay within ch3 and just swap Yorch and God around).

Here khun Nong said the rights for MLFAS has been sold to 5 countries. If she remembers correctly, those countries are China ( :confused12: ), Philippines, Indonesia and Malaysia. I wonder which country is the 5th country? Maybe like Vietnam or something.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Whomever dresses Matt needs to be fired a long time ago. Her clothes aren't trendy or flattering some are straight up fugly. The curtain dress she wore to the hospital or the stripes outfit paired up with some tacky earrings...I mean what in the high fashion name were they thinking? It's almost thrifty shop or forever 21 level.

Episode 2 Matt is like the lakorn...she's everywhere. Yoghurt is getting annoying so is Masu. I don't find any appeal at all with him in this lakorn.

I am getting used to Nadech in a towel when showering. He must be a very conservative Alien. I am still iffy with Nadech's acting in episode 2...but look wise he is still the best of channel 3. I am not sold on him completely. Them as a couple well, it is what it is. I just don't see the spark.

When Matt's in the hospital and sitting in bed rambling about nonsense stuff she looks very young (with barely makeup on she looks about the same age as Nadech...and when she's in the wellchair she's also comes across young and with that there are times it's not even an older woman or young guy lakorn it's just another lakorn.

I find the lakorn a bit on the slow side. And when they insert a slow song to a scene it doesn't help lol. Overall, I would still watch it but the FF button might be very useful.

sksen19

sarNie Egg
I would probably watch this show if they didn't copy like 99.99% of the Korean version. Will wait for eng sub to give it a quick look.

koojin

You.Me. +Lakorn= buddies
Ok. It's like I kinda like this version but at the same time I find myself cringing at some scenes. Matt is doing fine...but Nadech is still not giving off that feel. Like kim soo hyun was calm but his voice tone was so good it had some humor. But nadech's is straight up stiff, calm, lil boring n plain.i feel like he's trying a bit too hard...

twister02

M♥K
I didn't watch yet episode 2 although I praised the episode 1 (mainly because of the visuals and the editing) but the excitement factor is not there caused I watched the original Kdrama and they copied almost everything. I don't even need the subs cause I know what's going on already. This might be the biggest issue for this remake. The fans who've watched the original will not be excited enough to even watch live because it's so similar with the original Kdrama. Not sure with other Thai remake from Kdrama if they followed almost everything from original but so far, MLFAS TH is doing it.

ntsparta

sarNie Egg
I didn't watch yet episode 2 although I praised the episode 1 (mainly because of the visuals and the editing) but the excitement factor is not there caused I watched the original Kdrama and they copied almost everything. I don't even need the subs cause I know what's going on already. This might be the biggest issue for this remake. The fans who've watched the original will not be excited enough to even watch live because it's so similar with the original Kdrama. Not sure with other Thai remake from Kdrama if they followed almost everything from original but so far, MLFAS TH is doing it.
I think copying everything to the T is this production’s biggest mistake. I haven’t heard any remakes that did this before and got praised (who wants to praise a copycat?). Besides, the acting skills of the new cast are not nearly as good as the original, so it is much harder to draw in viewers.

But now it’s too late to make any changes. That’s why in Korea, they use the live shoot system. Many of you guys may have heard about this. It means filming a TV drama just a few episodes before the broadcast, and continue to film it as it’s aired. This way they can gauge the viewers’ reaction and make adjustments as they go. Though this method is heavily criticised as it creates high pressure on the production, cuz they often only have a week to film + edit 2 episodes for the next broadcast. Not the best way but probbly that shooting system could have saved this production from doom.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I think copying everything to the T is this production’s biggest mistake. I haven’t heard any remakes that did this before and got praised (who wants to praise a copycat?). Besides, the acting skills of the new cast are not nearly as good as the original, so it is much harder to draw in viewers.

But now it’s too late to make any changes. That’s why in Korea, they use the live shoot system. Many of you guys may have heard about this. It means filming a TV drama just a few episodes before the broadcast, and continue to film it as it’s aired. This way they can gauge the viewers’ reaction and make adjustments as they go. Though this method is heavily criticised as it creates high pressure on the production, cuz they often only have a week to film + edit 2 episodes for the next broadcast. Not the best way but probbly that shooting system could have saved this production from doom.

DoTS didn't do that n they were a success

Sometime shooting and airing at the same time is helpful....but sometime it does a 360 and its mike 2 different series in 1 lakorn...

I didn't care for the k version...I might try this...