❤️[CH3] Prom Likit (Broadcast Thai) : Bpoop Phaeh Sanniwas Cast?

nat12

sarNie Adult
Out of all the story they can change, the kept the story of Rueng Lek dying. They could have just skip that end note in the book
because… *sad dramatic voice* birth, old age, sickness and death are life’s certainties. :confused:

seriously I’m reading the book now and I keep thinking of the differences between the novel and the drama. Honestly yes, the novel is a bit flat… but technically so was the BPS novel. I think not just the scriptwriter, but the director made a lot of difference too. P’Mai stayed consistent to the period drama feel, but P’Nai did not. She made the drama way too modern, there is no period drama subtlety in the main characters at all.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Hi everyone! I just got back from my trip (just 2 hours ago) but I've been wanting to comment on my thoughts.

I think I watched the full episode on Monday, and then I watched a few clips of Tuesday's and Wednesday's. I didn't feel like it was worth my trip time to watch full episodes after I saw how they portrayed the characters and story of the origin of Kritsana Kali. I was so disappointed.
Right?? Like I’ve been saying, this is the foundation of two epic love stories now and we only get the equivalent of the storytelling at the level of school kids doing a video.

Rid’s character is.. I give up. I feel like I’ve written so many essays on how they ruined it that I feel sick each time I think of it. The scene of Puttan entering the palace is so popular that people who criticized Rid were attacked by those who liked that scene. They said fans just want the character to be perfect. Who does? I totally understand why Rid felt like he couldn’t speak up. But for most of the show the script didn’t develop Rid to be someone who is worthy of Puttan. Beyond being handsome, rich, charming and saving her life once I don’t understand why Puttan would want him.

Especially when the show has made her to be so strong and independent that she didn’t seem to need a man.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Sigh… I’ve said a few times this show doesn’t know how to hold emotion in a scene. So in the middle of a fight, or a sweet scene, a comedy can come in. Or in the middle of a fight, sweet scene can come. But the fight won’t be resolved. So one scene, the audience will be made to go through multiple emotions — but for what purpose?? This is sitcom timing.

Thai lakorn is notorious for leaving all resolution to the very end of the drama. It’s sad that this had to happen to Prom Likit too. But it’s even worse. Why are they telling 100 stories in a single episode? :sad6:

bit

sarNie Adult
So they run out of budget or they ran out of history? Yet the director told like she put many history in it… hahaha. She can’t even direct a proper storyline.

The strenghth of this drama are the actors and props. The rest they t

and who are the 2 useless kids that came in without any function?

nat12

sarNie Adult
So they run out of budget or they ran out of history? Yet the director told like she put many history in it… hahaha. She can’t even direct a proper storyline.

The strenghth of this drama are the actors and props. The rest they t

and who are the 2 useless kids that came in without any function?
Strengths: actors, costumes, props, location. Congrats to Pope, Bella (seriously did they cry 1 liter of tears throughout the show?) & all the actors for acting well even though their scripts don’t make sense.

In an earlier post I pointed out the editing of the show is weird. Other than using music wrongly, I often cannot tell the passing of time between scenes. There is no worse time for this to prove my words than in this last episode. :facepalm: and how do Det & Karaket still not have grey hair after they become grandparents?

There are too many ways in which the last episode doesn’t make sense. Too many. I don’t know how the director, editor, scriptwriter and P’Nong are able to show their faces.

I find it amazing that GDH, who wrote a fresh script for the movie, showed more respect to both novels than the scriptwriter did.

bit

sarNie Adult
I find it amazing that GDH, who wrote a fresh script for the movie, showed more respect to both novels than the scriptwriter did.
Yes, at least GDH kept the essence of the story. All Broadcast is using Phrom Likhit is to push their unknown actor and actresses.

The bane of Phrom Likhit is everyone seems want to jump on the popular bandwagon. Using it to push their own agenda.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Yes, at least GDH kept the essence of the story. All Broadcast is using Phrom Likhit is to push their unknown actor and actresses.

The bane of Phrom Likhit is everyone seems want to jump on the popular bandwagon. Using it to push their own agenda.
BPS was so good that all the actors rose in popularity together. How is it that for Phrom Likit they created a story which so obviously pushed other actors in spite of the leads? From the beginning when Great was rumored to be in the drama there were Pope fans who were worried cos this might mean the spotlight will be taken from Pope. But I wasn’t, because I believed it would be like BPS where everyone shone together. And honestly I’m a Great fan too and it’s been years since he’s been in anything I wanted to watch. Then the script of PL confirmed the worst of fans’ expectations and I’m so disappointed. Pope can handle it, but I’m just disappointed. People are praising Khun Luang-Puttan chemistry as being better than pra’nang chemistry but I’m like noooo… whose story is this? Also, it’s all because of the script that makes them look like this. Where was Great-Bella’s chemistry in Pi Kaew Nang Hong?

Then in an ending which is so rushed… they put scenes to push cameos of the new kids? Ok good that they have fans but like… what? Whose story is this? But my pra’nang didn’t even get a proper wedding, suddenly she was selling noodles, then suddenly she was giving birth then suddenly their kids are grown?!

Disney animations have better montages to tell story.

If I were Kadesurang, I would be advicing Khun P to move to Bangkok, then buy all the popular place land over there. The whole clan would be rich until millenium to come… hahaha
Everyone was thinking that…. :confused12: Haha Actually I don’t think that scene was even needed? If they ended it at some happy family setting like BPS it would be good enough. Everyone knew bad things would happen.

bit

sarNie Adult
This drama is saved by Pope, Bella chemistry mostly, despite the terrible script of Rid, they manage to work it out. P Pin and P Yaem despite very little role, play it perfectly. Joy potray his old age well despite being very young.

Mae Khaew and Mae Prang are still stiff in acting.

Pity Namtarn and Great had to deal with such a lousy script for them.

Denkhun was good with his eyes and emotion too bad they didn’t use him and the history

Great and Bella was dead in the water for Pi Khaew Nang Hong, it just show without right chemistry combines with terrible script and direction,you cannot make people believe it. Although you have 2 good actors in it. It will look very clinical and technical.

This drama showed that it’s not the Thai audience who lack taste for local lakorn but it’s the producers who don’t know how to produce lakorn that people want to watch. Don’t go blaming audience when rating is low when they can’t figure out how to put proper story.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Before they made the drama people were saying if Pope & Bella were not in it, they won’t watch. Halfway through the drama everyone was thinking they are only watching it for Pope Bella. Sigh. It just shows how indestructible their chemistry and how good their skills are… they can survive in spite of crappy script like this & RLM.

The sad thing is they work so well together but this is lastly their last work together (at least for a long while). I think Pope especially doesn’t want both of them to be cast just cos of their chemistry and to pull viewers, only to have them stuck with nonsense script.

But oh yes! I was thinking Joy is the best for this drama. His role and acting is just at the right level. He really enhances the scene but is not too much. In BPS he was the poor boy who often became the target for Khun Pi’s temper, but in PL he’s Khun Nu’s advisor. I think Pope & Most have similar acting skills.. they know how to remain subtle or in the background but still capture audience’s attention, but when they’re in the foreground they know how to keep their acting at the appropriate level and not overact. P’Mai was verrrry good at capturing Pope’s tendency to do this, which is why Khun Pi in BPS captured audience’s hearts so much although his was a tsundere character.

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Great doesn't seem to carry leading role well, abit stiff in his acting from his previous dramas that I happened to watch. He shines here perhaps it's a supporting role. Acting wise, Pope & Bella is still on another level.
I had watch Denkhun in an earlier drama that Bella appeared too ( forgot title) thought he had potential to shine in future dramas to come, so was glad to see him here. Unfortunately, scriptwriter was not interested to deal with palace political story bet Great & him...so disappointed.

bit

sarNie Adult
Great doesn't seem to carry leading role well, abit stiff in his acting from his previous dramas that I happened to watch. He shines here perhaps it's a supporting role. Acting wise, Pope & Bella is still on another level.
I had watch Denkhun in an earlier drama that Bella appeared too ( forgot title) thought he had potential to shine in future dramas to come, so was glad to see him here. Unfortunately, scriptwriter was not interested to deal with palace political story bet Great & him...so disappointed.
Yes, Great is a little stiff at times, maybe action lakorn would suit him better, Denkhun overshadow him despite just a few scenes.

But actually Denkhun need role which speak less, he is not so very good with long script...hahaha.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Actually Denkhun’s acting is good. He conveys emotion well but yes his script delivery is an issue. I think his pronunciation is not clear. He recently was on tv like 5 days a week in Thailand, cos his evening drama with Namwhan (Aditya in the ancient period of this drama) was on air when PL started. That evening drama had decent ratings too (5-6) and I wanted to watch it from the beginning cos it had a simple storyline but actors were decent. But there’s too much Isan.

@Tomyum I think the drama that you’re thinking of Denkhun with Bella is Krong Kam.

Great is stuck in that manly p’ek image. Yeah action dramas are good for him cos of that.

I’m almost done reading the novel. Actually there’s more content that they could have used to show the history bits but the show didn’t do that? And yes, p’ek does show hints of moodiness/feminine nature and n’ek is cold/reserved but the drama exaggerated those tendencies way too much. Pope doesn’t need to exaggerate his acting for audience to get it and the director should have told Bella to tone down her fierceness.

Bella is good… but honestly I think the character of Puttan is a bit all over the place. I think on paper it should show that Puttan’s character is cold, harsh and reserved developing to be warm and loving in the company of people who love her. But Bella is not directed to show that development, so her character is all over the place.

bit

sarNie Adult
I think the drama where Denkhun act with Bella that the OP referring to was the one with Aum Athicart. Not Krong Kam. Plerng Chimplee.

Fikachu

Good to be back!
I'm glad that Prom Likit is finally over. There's no longer any character assassination, bipolar characters, useless scenes, and illogical plotlines with loopholes that I have to bear with anymore. The actors have done a lot with such a shitty script/directing/editing (I don't know which one should be blamed or blamed more) so they deserve income raise. I also hope to see them in better-scripted dramas in the future. I think I'll pretend that this drama never existed, it's better for me that way. If they want to do re-runs/more promotions or whatever, sure go ahead but I'll just ignore it I think.

I had a thought but I feel very conflicted about it. I wanna know what you all here would think about it.

Given how the industry likes to do remakes, would you watch a remake of Prom Likit in the future if they ever decided to remake it? I feel like I would like someone to come up with a better script and character design if they do a remake, or at least just stick to the novel as the bare minimum. Only then, would I watch it. But part of me is scared that they would remake it as bad or worse than this. What are your thoughts?

nat12

sarNie Adult
I personally dislike remakes, but this was the first drama that I wanted to be remade as I was watching it.

I think they should have stuck with the novel scenes. And then the director can fill in details to make the scene more interesting. But I suspect that would require a director who is very familiar with period dramas, which this director isn’t. Just like BPS, the novel is quite flat - it lacks a sense of tension & conflict for drama. But a capable director would know how to adjust the scenes to bring out tension. I won’t exaggerate Rid “feminine” qualities to the point of making him constantly petulant. I wouldn’t exaggerate Puttan’s boyish nature so much that I thought she looked like… a gangster at the market. I’m almost done with the novel and I keep thinking that Rid & Puttan are actually closer to Bhop & Kesorn from the BPS movie.

I wish Rid & Puttan wouldn’t fight so intensely so much. There’s especially one fight that was a bit disconcerting… when Rid was sad after George died. I felt that Puttan wasn’t considerate enough to his feelings at that time. Personally I think this was also a sign to me that the show didn’t know how to hold audience attention for emotion… I should have known that was a sign.

Cut out all the nonsense repetitive wordplay comedy at Rid’s house — especially the ones involving Mae Prik. It really just wastes airtime. There’s one scene which I wish the drama had included — after the girls fight Ung’s ex-husband at the market, Puttan actually followed them and Rid home for dinner. The girls told their parents the story of what happened at the market, and both parents spoke to the girls. Nagged and consoled them. Puttan got to witness the warmth of this family — something that she never had. It helped soften her heart towards Rid, because she saw him in the context of his family. Without this, he often came across as bragging to her whenever he talked about his family. Like an immature kid.

In the novel, Prae Jin wasn’t the royally bestowed wife and Puttan did not have to enter the palace as the king’s concubine. Rid was very shrewd and cut off his grandma before she could request. And everyone - his family, his friends, the king saw that he liked Puttan. If the show wanted a scene of Puttan entering the palace for drama, I thought she entering the palace kitchen would be a better storyline. The king did once say he wished Puttan could teach others to cook. She can work with Mali. She can be closer to Rid and his sisters — though I don’t think they were in the kitchen.

The problem with Prae Jin being the royally bestowed wife as shown in the drama was the way Rid had to get out of that arrangement. He essentially had to ruin his working relationship with Prae Jin’s father. But later Prang had to marry In? This arrangement doesn’t make sense. And the problem with Puttan being the king’s concubine? We already know. I won’t repeat myself from my earliest posts.

Spend 1 whole ep on Phitsanulok with Karaket origin story. From the point her parents died to that auntie bullying her to her moving to Ayuthaya. Instead of us getting it through P’Phin & P’Yam storytelling.

Spend 1 whole ep on the Krishna-Kali origin story. Honestly, in the novel both these stories weren’t much too but I think the drama can afford to devote time on them.

There’s no need for so many episodes if there’s not enough stories to tell. Cut out some of Mae Klin scenes, some of the Rid-Puttan silly fights, falling over and staring scenes, and you’ll have a tighter show. Rid is super charming (it’s the mix of father’s charisma + mother’s charm) and intelligent but in the novel his actions prove his love for Puttan. And he’s very focused once he knows what he wants. The way the drama script was written he just came across as a handsome sweet-talking hi-so who sulks too often and cries but does nothing. :mad:

I bet you now regret asking this question, @Fikachu . ;) I have other ideas but those are the key ones.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I think the drama where Denkhun act with Bella that the OP referring to was the one with Aum Athicart. Not Krong Kam. Plerng Chimplee.
Ohhh I didn’t watch much of that and didn’t notice Denkhun in it.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I felt this drama would have been more enjoyable....if we got more from the twin bro and siblings .....flesh out their arch better. I know it is more characters....but they could have given them a lil more screen time.

2 sister- see them at the palace doing palace things...proper "courting " of their pairing

I agree that puttan can be in the palace cooking and working with male

Also...rid....we barely see him work....and the boys

This part did not have "characters ", purpose

It lack content...if this was a stand alone...I say low rating of 2-3