❤️[CH3] Prom Likit (Broadcast Thai) : Bpoop Phaeh Sanniwas Cast?

nat12

sarNie Adult
@spanky I agree with you. I actually didn’t mind more characters, so it will be less Pope-Bella all the time. But I feel like the show has more characters yet they’re all under-utilized? Except for Namtarn and Great.

I understand that compared to King Narai’s era there’s less history to be put in the drama especially to drive the plot. But as I’m reading the book I discovered that there’s more than what the drama chose to include? In the drama Rid looks like he’s so free to be going to Puttan’s place all the time. But in the book while there’s less emphasis on what he does, he actually does more work than in the drama. If not going to the palace, being with the king and his friends, he’s at the markets. Or outside. He was promoted because he was suppose to oversee work over a temple.

When we first met the boyband, I remember the king telling Rid he didn’t have to disguise himself and come along cos everyone in the city knew him. I remember laughing and thinking OMG how hot are you that everyone knows you? LOL. Then I realized it’s cos his father is in charge of the markets and his family is well-known. The drama might not have to show him working all the time, but he needs to be seen going to work (or coming from it). Just like in BPS. Just because there’s less drama happening doesn’t mean the government isn’t working.

If the novel doesn’t have as much history it’s cos the novel is focused on Rid & Puttan and their karma. But for the drama the scriptwriter could have done more research on the history/culture of the time and included it in? The things not in the drama she chose to include was all the food, Mae Klin messing with Rid, Mu Song and his harem, the King ordering that Prae Jin being the royal wife and Puttan presenting herself to the king. :rolleyes: Which ended up messing up the main characters and storyline.

The ending was way too messy. Considering most of the drama was lacking in substance, it was so bad that they tried to cram everything at the very end. Still putting cameos of people from nowhere.

Also, if Thongkam is old enough to have a son only a few years younger than Rid, shouldn’t Rid call him uncle? At the lantern festival, Rid still called him pi. But then again considering Prae Jin kept calling Ketsurang different names, I guess I shouldn’t bother regarding this.

bit

sarNie Adult
They could have show what Mae Prang and Mae Kaew learn at the palace, training be the court ladies, I’m sure people will be interested in that. Why high ranking officers have their daugther send to palace during that time, it’s the Hi-So society of Ayuthaya.

So it can be show how different life of Hi-So and commoners. The reason why Khun Ying Champa was adamant about Por Rid having high ranking wife.

Another is how war in the north happen, because King Tai Sa friendship with the run away noble from Khmer causing the Khmer to send an army to capture him back. Rueng can be involve in that.

But all of these are miss opportunities. The direction, script writer and Broadcast didn’t understand the assignment

nat12

sarNie Adult
Yes although working in the palace wasn’t described in detail in the novel, I’m sure there’s enough info that can be found and used in the drama? A lot of the food and decorations that are still practised today must have come from the palace as well. And there must be info re Mali’s work as well that they can use.

They have the author and other consultants they can get info from. They just chose not to do it. Then added all the info as end notes cos audience complained.

Re the war in the north, yeah Rueng was involved too. It’s briefly mentioned in the novel. He was injured and stayed home in Ayutthaya for recovery. But I suspect they don’t have enough budget for such scenes. Just see how sad they shot the Devarati period. :confused:

Honestly, if war scenes would cost too much… surely they can add graphics or animation? I suspect the director really doesn’t know how to do period action scenes too.

Instead they just add typical nam nao elements for drama.

Broadcast & Ch3 haven’t post their usual viewers’ feedback from Twitter for the final ep. Hah. Maybe they couldn’t find any praise?

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
Mae Klin’s past self was literally in BPS for like 1 minute before she (tragically) died. It doesn’t warrant this much time in PL, taking away time that could’ve been used to expand other storylines, for example, like everyone else has mentioned, expanding in the Dhevarati era.

My understanding of why Katsurang and Karakade had to be born as twins in every life time but cannot be together/one has to always die is because they fought over the same guy and caused many deaths, so they’re cursed to literally not be able to exist together but always be tied together in a cycle of karma. The writer and director could’ve spent more time flushing this out so people would understand and so it’ll add more depth to the storyline. Instead, I had to sit here and put pieces together and assume this explanation.

Can’t believe I waited this many years just to be this disappointed. I’m just going to pretend this series doesn’t exist. I’m gonna pretend the movie doesn’t exist either! My Khun P’ Por Date and Katsurang lived happily ever after at the end of BPS and that’s it.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Mae Klin’s past self was literally in BPS for like 1 minute before she (tragically) died. It doesn’t warrant this much time in PL, taking away time that could’ve been used to expand other storylines, for example, like everyone else has mentioned, expanding in the Dhevarati era.
So true! People didn’t even know what she looked like in BPS. Everyone is confused why Mae Klin had to be in so many episodes. I also had to infer that karma cycle thing. Also, that Sriprach was Rid’s previous life, which adds to the sadness of the Rid & Puttan past life. And Joi was close to Sriprach too, which explains his closeness with Rid. I really skipped whole chunks about Mae Klin & Mu Song’s wives.

I get having second male lead syndrome but making audience feel like they don’t want to support the male lead getting with the female lead at all is truly WTF. Especially in an epic romance based on love destiny concept.

I thought the movie was ok. The problem is the historical context wasn’t as eventful as in BPS and the action scene was too drawn out. But otherwise it’s ok. Everything made sense from an alternate universe movie plot perspective.

One good thing about this drama is now I have faces to imagine the characters in as I get through the novel.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
So true! People didn’t even know what she looked like in BPS. Everyone is confused why Mae Klin had to be in so many episodes. I also had to infer that karma cycle thing. Also, that Sriprach was Rid’s previous life, which adds to the sadness of the Rid & Puttan past life. And Joi was close to Sriprach too, which explains his closeness with Rid. I really skipped whole chunks about Mae Klin & Mu Song’s wives.

I get having second male lead syndrome but making audience feel like they don’t want to support the male lead getting with the female lead at all is truly WTF. Especially in an epic romance based on love destiny concept.

I thought the movie was ok. The problem is the historical context wasn’t as eventful as in BPS and the action scene was too drawn out. But otherwise it’s ok. Everything made sense from an alternate universe movie plot perspective.

One good thing about this drama is now I have faces to imagine the characters in as I get through the novel.
I did a lot of skipping lols. Who is Sriprach?

nat12

sarNie Adult
I did a lot of skipping lols. Who is Sriprach?
Por Det’s older brother in BPS, who was exiled and later died. Technically, it could mean that Karaket was meant to marry him. But Karaket ended up being matched with Por Det and then she also died. So they didn’t meet in that life.

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Was watching up to ep 25 yesterday, really pity Pope having to play such a mandate coward wimpy role of Por Rid. Anyone watching will bang their heads at Por Rid defeating passive action , crying by the window, total silence like a mouse at the Royal Court summon. So unbefitting of the main hero in this epic drama. Don't think Kdrama scripts had done that to their main popular casts in such manner.
Verdict: Puttan should had chosen the King , not Por Rid

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Por Det’s older brother in BPS, who was exiled and later died. Technically, it could mean that Karaket was meant to marry him. But Karaket ended up being matched with Por Det and then she also died. So they didn’t meet in that life.
Was hoping for more details of Sriprach in S2, whom was also a famous poet in Ayutthaya period, too bad never happened.

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Actually Denkhun’s acting is good. He conveys emotion well but yes his script delivery is an issue. I think his pronunciation is not clear. He recently was on tv like 5 days a week in Thailand, cos his evening drama with Namwhan (Aditya in the ancient period of this drama) was on air when PL started. That evening drama had decent ratings too (5-6) and I wanted to watch it from the beginning cos it had a simple storyline but actors were decent. But there’s too much Isan.

@Tomyum I think the drama that you’re thinking of Denkhun with Bella is Krong Kam.
Yes, Denkhun was impressive in Krong Kam. Starts to notice him there.
But that supporting actress that played his lover ( I think she moved to Ch One) was a piece of wood.

bit

sarNie Adult
SriPrach was Por Date older brother, the beloved poet of King Narai, he was supposed to be betrothed to Karakade, but was sent over to another city because of some jealousy by the other high ranking officers, eventually he was killed.

In one episode of BPS he visited his mom, he gave a poem to Karakade. Everyone was curious why would he gave it to Karakade.
That was supposed to be the link between him and Karakade past.

How he had love her all this while.
But then they change Rid to be a petulant boy, it’s hard to root for his character to be with Puttarn.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Was watching up to ep 25 yesterday, really pity Pope having to play such a mandate coward wimpy role of Por Rid.

Don't think Kdrama scripts had done that to their main popular casts in such manner.
Verdict: Puttan should had chosen the King , not Por Rid
If Puttan had done that it would have been a worse story than how this has turned out. After that episode P’Nong’s IG got slammed by hate comments from both Thai and international fans.

I hadn’t read the novel yet at that time… and even I could see the plot wasn’t making sense, especially from ep 13 or so onwards.

No wonder Pope has barely said anything on his social media regarding the drama. Imagine the exhaustion of having to act multiple characters, having to act out all emotions for the main character only to have it being criticized like this.

That scene with Puttan entering the palace had very high views online btw. So I imagine Ch3 and Broadcast are happy. I still haven’t watched that ep with subs today. Watching it without subs, with what little I could understand, already made me want to bang my head against the wall.

Yes, Denkhun was impressive in Krong Kam. Starts to notice him there.
But that supporting actress that played his lover ( I think she moved to Ch One) was a piece of wood.
Richy? I agree. I think she had trouble emoting in that drama… or she just looked bad compared to the many good actresses in it.

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
Online someone speculated if Sriprach was left out because there are conflicting sources on whether he was a real person. But P’Mai had wanted the character be included in BPS cos his story was a legend in his hometown?

I also thought if his character was included in PL then it would have fleshed out Rid-Puttan’s connection even more. Also, it shows a connection between Joi & Rid as well. Cos Joi was close to Sriprach before he left.

I just skim through the last ep...wtf is that
I watched the whole thing also wondered the same thing lol. Actually watching the whole thing also made me feel like I skimmed it through.

Whole ep felt like tiktok vids stitched together. :rolleyes:

nat12

sarNie Adult
Wow. Rompaeng just posted an apology on FB. Basically she’s apologizing for Phrom Likhit to not be good enough a story to be made into a drama, causing the production to be criticized.

It’s very magnanimous of her to do so considering Broadcast and Ch3 basically have not acknowledged all the criticism from the viewers. It’s really more of their fault than the author’s. Yes, as a story PL is a bit lacking, but if Ch3 and Broadcast weren’t so obsessed in making a sequel the drama wouldn’t have happened. I mean, didn’t Rompaeng basically changed the characters like making Reung & Rid look like their father just cos Ch3 wanted Pope to be p’ek?

BPS was quite flat as a novel too. But the drama added conflict like making Karaket so hateful and rude. And Ketsurang rather childish, IMO. But there were peak moments in the plot like the reveal of Det & Ketsurang being destined for each other, and that Det = Reungrit in present time. Along with Falcon’s fate.

Come to think of it. I guess the scriptwriter basically only knows how to write stereotypical n’rai characters and childish protagonists to look cute (Ketsurang in BPS, Rid in PL)?

nat12

sarNie Adult
How can that be the author fault? They could have expanded the story, the book only serve as baseline. That is what adaptation is all about
I totally agree. I think she’s taking the high road in acknowledging the possible part where she could have caused the drama to be so criticized. It’s like she’s saying, yes I understand that viewers think the drama is horrible but it’s mostly not my fault. The production has freedom to decide how the drama should go and I have no right to say anything about it.

bit

sarNie Adult
I totally agree. I think she’s taking the high road in acknowledging the possible part where she could have caused the drama to be so criticized. It’s like she’s saying, yes I understand that viewers think the drama is horrible but it’s mostly not my fault. The production has freedom to decide how the drama should go and I have no right to say anything about it.
Right, I mean Rid in the book is not some petulant boy. He cunningly work h

And also.. Rid in the book was not the wimpy kid who cried by the window while Puttarn was presented to the King ( which became one of the point most criticised by viewers). That was all on the script writer and director.

In the book, he ask for Puttarn from the King himself.

None of producers, director or script writer has come up and say, we are sorry yet for ruining such an anticipated series. All seems to be on cloud nine thinking they bag the high rating of year it seems.