❤️[CH3] Prom Likit (Broadcast Thai) : Bpoop Phaeh Sanniwas Cast?

nat12

sarNie Adult
Ha ha, meant to be 'Great'. I always remember 'Giant' instead. I actually enjoy his casting here.
Great always does well. It’s not his fault that Ch3 always gives him boring dramas that nobody really watches. He’s also often used to push newbies too.

I suspect he’s cast here cos he’s a lead actor who’s at the same level as Pope & Bella, so it looks like Rid has a credible rival. He also still looks older than Pope hahaha, despite Pope being older.

nat12

sarNie Adult
We are so getting a rushed ending eh.
Just like a typical lakorn. The sad part is, it didn’t have to be this way. :crybaby2:

Previews of tonight episode just make me angry over Rid’s character. I’m now questioning Pope’s karma for being made to work so hard to act such a character.

bit

sarNie Adult
Somebody must have hated Pope to turn Por Rid to be such a wimp. No wonder Pope decided to stay away from it.

The guy designed and edit lines for his character for BPS movie, that is how dedicated he is,

Then he got this…a guys with mom from the future, charismatic dad, learn his 1000 years karma yet still become a wimp. It’s not in the book at all.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I turned off the app before the halfway point cos I can’t bear to watch anymore. I’m SO ANGRY:mad:

IMG_1336.jpeg

I was hoping even after the previews that Rid will try to say something to the king.
I understand that Rid is really in a very difficult position. On one hand, he’s losing the woman he loved for years. On the other hand, fighting the king means defiance which could mean him and his family could be punished together. Then what karma would that bring? This is why we are all pissed with this script because it didn’t have to be that way in the first place!

What is the point of Puttan choosing to stay in Ayuthaya?
What is the point this being a romance if you’re going to make the n’ek is so super strong and independent that she doesn’t need her man? I can’t believe that I, a feminist, can feel so offended by such a feminist stance in this drama. It’s an attitude that doesn’t fit the story and doesn’t make sense! If Puttan is just going to have to fight for her whole life, she could have done so in comfort in modern day Bangkok and not have to go through all these! Thus what is the point of this story in the first place!?

What’s the point of making Pope act so many characters and make his main one as rubbish as this? Then the production still dared to say that they like Rueng the best. WTF. Obviously!

I need Ajarn Chee Pa Khao to please wipe away this show like it doesn’t exist.

The character of Rid I has deviated from the novel, has often not made sense from the beginning of the drama, and is not even consistent from yesterday’s episode to today’s episode. If I were Pope I will hibernate forever. Stop doing dramas and just do movies, where they can give the script from beginning to end at the start.

People are shipping the king with Puttan but I hope chokes to death on fish bones honestly. Why is the king so free to go gallivanting about, fishing, meddling in his subordinate’s love lives and so on?

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
I am one of those that felt Great looks so compatible with Puthan on consummation night . It totally drown Rid out of the picture, especially with his cowardly act. Rid written character assassination at its best, hope it can redeem at the last episode. Just pity Pope for such a letdown.
It's a pity that scripwriter didn't focus on palace affairs, as the King and the Viceroy as well as the 4 imperial guards can have interesting stories to tell. I was looking forward to more palace scenarios but instead all irrelevant characters became the focus, what a waste.

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
I actually like Great as much as Pope. I always thought Great deserved better roles but they often end up just using him to push newbie actresses and the dramas are normally not good enough for me to endure watching him act with people who can barely act.

I am just heartbroken that this drama, in which Pope & Bella devoted so much of their time and energy to having to play multiple characters but the drama is not doing them justice. I don’t need a perfect p’ek/n’ek character. I don’t believe Pope is obsessed with playing perfect characters or characters that only make him look good either. Both he and Bella have shown they’re not afraid to look silly, or play flawed characters.

But the role of Rid has been to set up to fail from the beginning! In all my long-winded posts here it’s clear how I’ve often tried to give the production the benefit of the doubt for every questionable script decision they’ve made. But now my goodwill and patience has run out. And I’m entitled to this anger. I’ve only been waiting for this drama for 5 years.

This is supposed to be an epic love story, but I cannot see how or why two such opposite characters like Rid or Puttan would love each other. I cannot see why Puttan would choose to stay in Ayuthaya, and why Rid would insist on her staying if he’s not even going to do the smallest thing to show that he’s trying to stay with her. I can understand that the obstacles are stacked against him. Which is why I think that Rid should just choose to let her go, and he himself accept his fate that he is not meant to be with her in this life. And not marry for the rest of his life - as he told his brother! Did the scriptwriter forget that!? His character is not consistent from one ep to another.

The obstacles in his way are so heartbreaking that he could only sit and cry. What is the point of writing all these elements in the story just to have p’ek descend into madness like this and accept his fate?

Now Puttan has chosen to stay, only to face this fate. Great & Bella did well in that scene, but I’m sorry, the scene is just one of the most unrealistic scenes IMO. Even in the modern era, no one would dare to talk to the king like that let alone in that era. It makes sense that Puttan does this because she has already thrown away her previous life in the modern era, and has nothing else to lose now. It’s her only chance to fight for happiness or accept that she’s going to die anyway.

But at this point if she can do anything , what does she need Rid for?

I think the show is trying to make it look like the king is angry with Rid for not telling him first about him and Puttan, since they’re supposed to be close like brothers. But if they’re supposedly so close, why did he issue the royal decree regarding Prae Jin without asking Rid first? And basically everyone around them knew that Rid likes Puttan - their servants, his family, Ming, In and I’m sure Thongkam also knew by consequence. So he couldn’t sense it? When they went on that trip together and Rid became Puttan’s assistant chef basically? Isn’t the show basically making the king look stupid too?

And while I still am so pissed, why are Mae Klin & Mu Song still appearing in the show?!

Thank you everyone for bearing with rants. If I had kept all this inside, I think I would have developed stomach ulcers from my frustration. :mad:

But live views looked high yesterday, so I assume Ch3 would already be happy with the ratings they got and not care about viewers’ opinions.

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
I don't know how much can the writer able to redeem Rid in the 2 ending episodes, as damage is already done to his screen character. Rid literally went home to cry silently and did nothing. Viewers were all exasperated by his action.:facepalm:

nat12

sarNie Adult
I don't know how much can the writer able to redeem Rid in the 2 ending episodes, as damage is already done to his screen character. Rid literally went home to cry silently and did nothing. Viewers were all exasperated by his action.:facepalm:
Exactly. I can understand why, but I’m still frustrated. Because it doesn’t have to be this way — the script made it this way!

So now for this whole show I cannot understand why Rid & Puttan would fall in love, when they loved each other and why, why Puttan would want to stay knowing she might not be able to be with Rid, why Rid would want her to stay when he knew it was impossible for them to be together, and why would Puttan want to marry him when she’s capable of settling everything herself. Just because of her karma?

I’m sorry, but what a stupid story.

Ch3 & Broadcast should already know all the hate comments directed to them based on yesterday’s episodes. They monitor tweets for each episode. The ratings are out — last night’s online live view numbers were a new high. So I guess on their part the show is already a successes. But they haven’t released the compiled viewer tweets for that ep yet. Probably too difficult to find compliments amongst all the cursing.

bit

sarNie Adult
Looking at the actor and actress comment, it’s seems they also don’t know what’s going on with the script and it’s came it parts and parts and things got added last minute

The Khun Luang with Puttarn got it script 2 dats before the actual shooting. It seems the director and script writer just wanted to add a scene where Bella is being prepared to be the royal concubine.

They could at least make Rid have a reason sitting the crying, maybe Khun Luang threaten his family, his sister is still connected to the royal court so maybe that is why he he can’t disobey the King so much. But nope… he is sitting there like a wimp without even once opening his mouth.

In the book, he cunningly ask the King to ask Puttarn to be added to the royal kitchen so he can later take her as his wife with higher ranking than Mae Prajaen and shut his grandmother up about Puttarn being a commoner.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Looking at the actor and actress comment, it’s seems they also don’t know what’s going on with the script and it’s came it parts and parts and things got added last minute

The Khun Luang with Puttarn got it script 2 dats before the actual shooting. It seems the director and script writer just wanted to add a scene where Bella is being prepared to be the royal concubine.
OMG WTF. See? This is what I’ve complained about from the beginning. This whole show has a feel like it’s planned around scenes that will look good visually/on social media. That’s why the flow of the whole story feels disrupted, or disjointed. Not to mention completely lacking in the charm of period drama like BPS had. PL feels like a parody of a period comedy drama.

There’s nothing wrong in wanting to have that scene, or wanting to have such a strong conflict in this plot. But did they ever think about how it will fit in with how the rest of the drama has gone?

The Khun Luang-Puttan scene only makes sense in the eyes of Puttan, who has NEVER seen the king in an actual palace setting and doesn’t think of the King as Master of the land the way people in that era did. She saw him as an easygoing person who came over to her house a couple of times. So she thought she has nothing to lose than to try and reason with him. It also makes sense in the eyes of us, the viewer who are living in the modern world and are now judging Rid for not having done anything to fight for his love and Puttan makes it look like she’s the only one fighting for both of them.

But in actual fact in the context of the people of that era, people of lower status weren’t even supposed to hold their heads up in the presence of the king. You constantly had to bow. That’s the environment that Rid grew up in from young. If you’re going to write that Puttan can successfully plead for her case, then might as well write a scene where Rid can talk to the king too. Either way is not realistic anyway, but why must one character be so badly written so that only one character looks good?! If this was a true period drama both Rid and Puttan would have been beheaded regardless of who said anything about it.

No wonder Bella said she was so stressed over that scene. Both over the script and her look in the scene.

They could at least make Rid have a reason sitting the crying, maybe Khun Luang threaten his family, his sister is still connected to the royal court so maybe that is why he he can’t disobey the King so much. But nope… he is sitting there like a wimp without even once opening his mouth.
Oh you’re right! Actually in all the scenes of Rid crying over this, it was never exactly shown to the audience what was stressing him out. All the things I’ve listed, is my own reading of the character and the historical context at the time. Rid is just shown crying. His mother tried to convince him to talk to the king but his mother is also not from this era and doesn’t understand the severity of the situation. See how in earlier episodes she easily talks about King Petracha and King Suea so openly without realizing it’s dangerous if someone heard her.

Actually at the beginning of the drama I also thought Puttan will be working in the royal kitchen. I didn’t expect something like this because it would be too difficult to resolve and with only 2 eps left.

If they want to introduce all these conflicts for drama at least resolve them well! They had years to work on the script only to come up with this rubbish that offends the viewers who had been anticipating the drama for years.

nat12

sarNie Adult
It’s already Ep 25. What is this stupid script??!!! Why are all the characters stupid like this?!

And Broadcast thinks this script is ok to be shot and that this show is ok to be shown to audience like this? As the sequel to the acclaimed BPS? Touting Thai soft power all over the place? Seriously?

Last edited:

bit

sarNie Adult
All over the place people are cursing the director, script writer and Broadcast for taking such a successful drama and also quite a good book and destroying it.

the actors, the costumes department and the others did well. Ohh except the annoying music director who don’t know how to put music if appropriate rhythm

at this point Broadcast should just compile all Pope and Bella bloopers and show that as it is more entertaining.

nat12

sarNie Adult
  • I don’t know why we are still getting Mae Klin & Mu Song scenes at this point in the drama. They’re the real pra’nang of this drama.
  • I don’t know why at this point we are still getting stupid Rid and Puttan still loves him.
  • I don’t understand when Rueng & Riam fell in love but at this point I don’t care already.
  • I don’t understand why at ep 25 we still have 1 unresolved plot point and couples are still having wordplay arguments.

Does Broadcast really think all the viewers want for this drama are Pope-Bella scenes so we have endless scenes of them quarreling, falling on each other and kissing? I really can’t remember the last time I felt as insulted as a viewer. Yeah many people also said the bloopers look more interesting. I mean these 2 have so much chemistry that they don’t even have to be together at the same to show it! Just look at the interview scenes!

It’s so obvious that they ran out of budget right? That’s why the Krishna kali origin story is so small scale and ridiculous. That’s why poor Rueng Lek is basically abandoned in Phitsanulok. Can’t go for sister’s wedding. Can’t have his family over for his wedding. So ridiculous.

Not just music director.. it’s this show’s editor too. The editing really doesn’t make sense. From very early in the show I realized I cannot tell the passing of time in this drama. When is it morning or evening? How much time has passed between scenes? In basic screen/film storytelling, the script, scene lighting and editing should be able to convey that to viewers. But too many times I was confused. Sometimes Rid has so much time to go to the palace, go back home, walk to Puttan’s house, argue and eat with her and practice sword fighting - all before dark!

They lack coherence for basic things like this then want to do fancy things like splice back and forth between two different conversation scenes. Wtf.

I thought RLM was bad for PB drama. But I have never cursed so much as I have while watching this drama from halfway point onwards. On twitter it’s the same… I don’t know how many times I saw people tweet WTF - in English AND Thai.

bit

sarNie Adult
RLM also suffer the same fate of lack of coherent story but that one is because they change the script writer midway and the he or she basically so lazy to check in what happen previously.

This book basically has been in the work for almost 5 years and they still manage to blew it up.

nat12

sarNie Adult
This book basically has been in the work for almost 5 years and they still manage to blew it up.
I still can’t believe that to attract viewers, they end up destroying the novel, the characters especially the leads, the fans of the novel, BPS and PB. And for a work that had been ready for shooting for technically, years if not for COVID shutdown.

And then you have stupid fans like this.

Dunno which terminally online idiot commented on Noon’s IG asking if PB are fighting cos they hardly appear together to promote the drama. And then ent news picks it up. Noon just said no, they are fine. Both are just very exhausted from having worked on the drama for years. Pope was on set for a long time and tired from having to act in 3 characters. They both need rest.

I can’t believe that in this era there are people who cannot understand this: no matter how open a celebrity is about their lives on social media, they only show us what they want to. Not everything. Just because something is not on social media, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. Just because it’s on social media doesn’t mean it’s true. OMG.

Why are there fans who think celebrities should do exactly what they expect them to? And then bother them about it? At this moment it’s really a miracle that PB still like working with each other. They’re more distant with each other but it’s not they’re fighting. I think Pope is especially tired that their chemistry is being exploited by others like this. Because they work well and look good together, they, especially him are getting roles just because they want him to work with Bella. But now it’s happening to the point of him getting stupid roles. It’s enough at this point, it’s well-established that they work well together but it’s time for him to try other things.

Even in the BTS of this drama… he’s restrained with her when there is a bigger cast on set. In scenes of just both of them, it’s like before. I was also wondering the same thing, but I never thought of bothering the actors themselves with such thoughts. How ridiculous.

bit

sarNie Adult
Hahaha.. somebody commented thar maybe this is Puttarn last karma having a stupid husband and she wouldn’t need to meet him again in the next life. :rolleyes:

Por Rid of the novel is someone you would root for to get with Puttarn. He works hard for it. So much more cunning than his father.

The script writer just hated Pope I guess, to make him this idiotic as Por Rid.

nat12

sarNie Adult
The script writer just hated Pope I guess, to make him this idiotic as Por Rid.
Then did the director & P’Nong hate him too to let this script pass? :sad6:

Seriously if it’s not Pope in the role, Rid would have gotten much more hate.

I saw that comment on Puttan’s karma LOL. I was thinking maybe it’s my karma to be made to wait for 5 years for a drama that came out with a horrible script.

Ep. 25 ratings hit above 8 again. All this proves the power of PB fanbase. If both of them aren’t in it, maybe this would have had the ratings of that last Ken-Anne drama.

Tomyum

sarNie Egg
Was watching some of the bts of the drama making, the funniest was Bella hugging Pope's breast.:risas3:
I don't think Bella had ever done that to any other male co stars.
Such action need to be beyond good friend to do that, so am curious why the distance in recent events

bit

sarNie Adult
Was watching some of the bts of the drama making, the funniest was Bella hugging Pope's breast.:risas3:
I don't think Bella had ever done that to any other male co stars.
Such action need to be beyond good friend to do that, so am curious why the distance in recent events
I don't see any distance, more like they will do a separate interview nowadays, probably because they are like kids when they are together, always picking on each other.

Body parts like breast are quite sensitive and close friends, relative normally don't touch, that is like the intimate zone of a man. So I wondered too at which level Bella put Pope in:confused12:

Even Great who is man, pay respect to Pope before grabbing his head because Pope is older, yet Bella do it so casually.

Last edited: