❤️ Friendly REMINDER!

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
awee lucky... I need to go hunt down all the asian stores! or search for some restaurants! because I don't think i can go on living without it! LMAO.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
what's kanom coke? my mama bout to make some kind of dessert but she aint start yet. i hongry now though lol

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
kanom coke's like this desert made of uhm... shoot I don't even know what's it made of LOL. I think it's made of coconut batter. It's made in like a ball shape. haha.

Oh gosh... i'm so bad at explaining deserts.... :lol:

lady0fdarkness

Professional Lakorn Watcher
^^ it's a round batter of rice powder with scallions and other good stuff.

lol.. doesn't look like I'm a big help at explaining either.

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
OHHHHHHHHHHHH and they're little right? it has coconut milk in it and they're shaped like disks lol

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I love Scallions but I call them green onions :loool: I put them in everything my friends love when I cook because I know how to season perfectly sometime I create my own dishe's and like I'm sitting there thinking EFF i hope this taste good lol and then they try and think i've been making it for years :loool: not being conceited but i LOVE TO COOK lol

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I don't know LOL I think in lao my mom and dad calls it Horm and then I look at them like what? and they go "Green Onion" LOL then im like ohh like they always talk to me like i dont know what im talking about like when they want cilantro they go "the tree thing I always buy for larb" I'm like, "Pak Chi?" they go yeah yeah you know what that is?
me: Mommy, Daddy I've been ThaiLaoBodian for 21 years not 2 days :loool:

lady0fdarkness

I used to call'em green onions too until I got with a chef for 5 years now. He calls them scallions... at first I was like, what the heck are scallions?? I thought they were like scallops or something. :loool:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
oo scallops; I call them scallions when I need to tell people to pick it up for me lol because they won't know what I'm talking about oh and I started noticing that now they have these big looking scallions that have the bottom look like onions they call them, "Mexican Green Onion" here :loool: and they have like really wide green stems

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
da stems of garlic kinda look like scallions lol but yea i think we do call it onion in our language. it translate to onion but they're called scallions in english

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Yeah, I only use onion if im talking to an asian LOL like my friends when I send them to buy scallions they come back with potato looking things then I go "green onion" then they go oh why didn't u say so LOL I send one of my white friends they come back with those big white onions that have a green piece on it "this one isn't so green though" then I go scallion they go oh. :loool: my friends are stupid LOL

Diamend

sarNie Oldmaid
aha tina LOL my language is cambodian lome. thai people call it onions too in thai. so it's just a different kind of onion to us lol

lady0fdarkness

ohhh!! i love khmer language. it sounds so complex, but yet so distinctive. It's an anciet language too. wow, tina's got all three blood line... all the beautiful similarities in one.. thai/lao/cambodian. lucky girl.

well goodnight ladies.... oh by the way.. I assume, "bong" in khmer is a means of respect when you talking to someone older/more mature? Like Euy or P?