❤️[ONE31] Wanthong (The One Enterprise): Mai Davika / Pong Nawat / Chakrit Yamnarm

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
I am looking forward to this however, a bit disturbed by Chakrit's charcter and the potential rape scene....I agree, the two male leads are a bit older but I guess the characters needed older actors...

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
OMG Chakrit's character. If I could I would kill Chang with my bare hands! He's so creepy and Chakrit is doing too good of a job because I'm hating Chang so bad.

sarNie Adult
My friend was watching this in the living room. Walked by once -- Mai crying because she's getting beat by her mom. Walked by again -- Mai fighting with some other woman for her man, ends up smacking him instead of her and is terrified. I honestly feel bad for Mai's character but at the same time, the shit they make the character go through is so hilariously bad. I'm just like "girl, none of them deserve you. why are you crying?!!"

While I'm tempted to watch it out of curiousity, I'm holding myself back because I know it's just going to ultimately make me feel bad and disgusted. Is there a part in the story where she rises up and is just like "fcuk all these sh!tty people. i'm out"

I really don't want her to end up with Pong in the end. He's a dumbass.

mayag

sarNie Adult
I guess this is pretty common in Southeast Asian literature, which in turn draws inspiration from Sanskrit culture.
As a Hindu Indian, not trying to be rude at all, but just so everyone knows...there is no “Sanskrit culture” since Sanskrit is just a language. I’m guessing you’re talking about Hinduism?

Hindu myths have so many wars and stories of jealousy but I don’t think any good woman was put through what Wanthong went through...yikes

byebye

sarNie OldFart
My friend was watching this in the living room. Walked by once -- Mai crying because she's getting beat by her mom. Walked by again -- Mai fighting with some other woman for her man, ends up smacking him instead of her and is terrified. I honestly feel bad for Mai's character but at the same time, the shit they make the character go through is so hilariously bad. I'm just like "girl, none of them deserve you. why are you crying?!!"

While I'm tempted to watch it out of curiousity, I'm holding myself back because I know it's just going to ultimately make me feel bad and disgusted. Is there a part in the story where she rises up and is just like "fcuk all these sh!tty people. i'm out"

I really don't want her to end up with Pong in the end. He's a dumbass.
I feel you. Mai looks gorgeous in here but I can't stomach the things she goes through. I would go insane in the first episode lol. Like legit crazy so they can put me in some mental institution...probably treated better. Or during that time fake crazy to the point where no man wants you. I know the n'ek will go through tough stuff but watching it irks me still.

Watching the lakorn if it is not so different from the novel what are they wanting the kids to get out of it?

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
This just to shows us that women were treated like crap and there’s no justice they got rape and look down by people because she has “two husband” in that era. Women has no rights to refuse anyone or anything :confused:

sarNie Adult
Watching the lakorn if it is not so different from the novel what are they wanting the kids to get out of it?
Probably not to be like the characters in it? If you've read Greek Mythology and Shakespeare, there's a lot of "don't be like that character" stories. If Thais are only ever exposed to these kind of stories as "classics" growing up, it's probably a huge deal to them. But I had Greek Mythology and Shakespeare, and this doesn't compare and I wouldn't call it a classic story.

Edit: I went to read some of the Youtube comments for Episode 2. Seems like it's a story to show how oppressed women were back in the day. Like you couldn't even live to be old and single. You were still forced to get married and basically become a slave to your husband and his flavor of the day wifey among many more wives.

There are also a lot of Khun Chang stans, because he's at least not a two-timer like Khun Paeng. He's still a scheming, selfish asshole to me though. If he loved her, he'd just want her to be happy.

It seems like they already revealed the ending in episode 1 though, and what we're seeing is her telling what happened to her to get to that point.

I'm upset and I'm not even watching this lol.

Last edited:

bit

sarNie Adult
No wonder some Thai lakorn are so messed-up if this is the kind of classical story that get pass down from one generation to the next. Urghh the trauma to be a woman in that era. I read the wiki page and it said at the end the King killed her. OMG the guys can waltz all over and at the end she ended up dead.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
No wonder some Thai lakorn are so messed-up if this is the kind of classical story that get pass down from one generation to the next. Urghh the trauma to be a woman in that era. I read the wiki page and it said at the end the King killed her. OMG the guys can waltz all over and at the end she ended up dead.
History about women trauma is in every culture. Every culture also have classical stories that are quite frightening so thai lakorns are not messed up because this is the kind of stories thailand regards as classical. Wanthong is basically retelling of stories through the years passed down by story tellers, some parts real, some parts fiction until someone actually sat down and recorded these stories and made it a big epic. Isn't it close enough to real life during those times though? There were actually people who went through this. We are fortunate enough to remember the struggle these people went through but not live it. We should learn from these stories, so I am glad Thailand made this a classic and can remind generations to be better.

Men back then and some even now still act the same. The King killed her because he could, easy still to get a man to kill a woman now.