❤️[ONE31] Wanthong (The One Enterprise): Mai Davika / Pong Nawat / Chakrit Yamnarm

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
This got 4.5 rating last Monday and Tuesday, and this was the highest-rating show in Thailand on those days. The gamble of airing new episodes during Songkran paid off big time.

bit

sarNie Adult
Songkran still a holiday, but this year there is no splashy celebration. All sitting at home watching TV.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Wow, I’ve only been to watch clips here & there & it’s dramatic. What does the “kee-ka” mean? I know it’s an insult, but what does it translate to?

Liddysopretty

sarNie Juvenile
I literally cried my eyeballs out today. I'm not sure about anyone but it was so touching to me. A woman's love is so pure and loyal until the very end. Faithfulness/one heartedness is all women ever truly wanted.

sarNie Adult
I didn't watch the full story. Just highlights here and there. To be honest, the ending broke my heart. She sacrificed herself for so many women to be able to have rights. And now she's a nun living in a cave for the rest of her life with some ghosts. It's for people like her that I would want reincarnation to be true, so she could have a chance at another life.

I feel like this is all Khun Chang's fault. His selfish love. Even had her son made it there on time, Khun Chang would still be pestering her to no end.

sarNie Adult
Wait so did she die or just become a nun?
She didn't die. I think she became a nun, since she's wearing that white clothing and Khun Pang speaks really formally to her in the end scene. No one know she's still alive other than Khun Pang and the ghosts.

Liddysopretty

sarNie Juvenile
She didn't die. I think she became a nun, since she's wearing that white clothing and Khun Pang speaks really formally to her in the end scene. No one know she's still alive other than Khun Pang and the ghosts.
Although short, the ending dialogue was very touching between Wanthong and Khun Paen. At the beginning when Wanthong and Khun Paen broke up after he showed up alive after the war with a new wife, when Wanthong asked him why can't he love her and only her like she loves him and then later when they argued because she didn't want her son growing up witnessing and believing that having many wives is okay and a norm, Khun Paen, his mother, even Chang's mother, almost everyone at that time, criticized Wanthong that her way of thinking was wrong. However, at the end, Khun Paen genuinely tells Wanthong, her way of thinking isn't wrong, it's just different from everyone else and that she was perhaps born a bit too early, ahead of her times. That made me cry so much. That was all she truly wanted, for the man she loves with all of her heart, mind, body, and soul to love her and only her. She belonged to Khun Paen and only him but couldn't be with him because of Khun Paen's own selfishness and Chang's, too.

Anyway, Wanthong was upset at Khun Paen for saving her, not letting her choose her own path at the end. Wanthong wanted to make changes to the unfair system/culture towards women back then and even if she has to die to be a pioneer, she was willing. Even if her death doesn't make immediate changes, it'll be a catalyst for changes in the future. However, Khun Paen said he really couldn't bear to see her die. He tells her that because of her strong will in being herself, never changing her way of thinking even though the world was against her, she HAS brought changes. He believes that changes doesn't always have to be exchanged with a life. Life is very precious. That was probably the loveliest thing he has said all drama long. Haha.

It was so bittersweet when Wanthong told Khun Paen that to be alive, the only thing that feeds her life are the memories that happened in that cave which are all about Khun Paen. Omg, that is so sad. Then watching Khun Paen walk out of the cave knowing that he'll never see her again because she's a dead woman now, was so tragic. I'm not sure which is more torturous, knowing someone is alive yet have to forget them like they're dead or knowing that they died like Chang? Anyway, I have no pity for Chang. He WILL NEVER change his ways. He's only crying because he drove her to death. Only through death can she free herself from Chang.

Khun Paen grew up though. He finally let Wanthong go because he knows he can't be that man for her. He will only hurt her.

Poor Wanthong, going through so much. Although, she chose death, but life gave her a second chance, very bittersweet, but quite satisfactory. I really liked the ending. P'Sant is huge on Buddhism and this time, I happen to agree with him. Hahah.

Hooorayyyy for the well deserved ratings!!!!

Liddysopretty

sarNie Juvenile
Yes, she becomes a nun. She's freeing herself from all the decades long of pain and suffering. She's happy having no name. Wanthong songjai has died with dignity. She will always love Khun Paen but can never be with him. Perhaps it just wasn't meant to be. They only meant to be with each other like that. So sad.

sarNie Adult
Although short, the ending dialogue was very touching between Wanthong and Khun Paen. At the beginning when Wanthong and Khun Paen broke up after he showed up alive after the war with a new wife, when Wanthong asked him why can't he love her and only her like she loves him and then later when they argued because she didn't want her son growing up witnessing and believing that having many wives is okay and a norm, Khun Paen, his mother, even Chang's mother, almost everyone at that time, criticized Wanthong that her way of thinking was wrong. However, at the end, Khun Paen genuinely tells Wanthong, her way of thinking isn't wrong, it's just different from everyone else and that she was perhaps born a bit too early, ahead of her times. That made me cry so much. That was all she truly wanted, for the man she loves with all of her heart, mind, body, and soul to love her and only her. She belonged to Khun Paen and only him but couldn't be with him because of Khun Paen's own selfishness and Chang's, too.

Anyway, Wanthong was upset at Khun Paen for saving her, not letting her choose her own path at the end. Wanthong wanted to make changes to the unfair system/culture towards women back then and even if she has to die to be a pioneer, she was willing. Even if her death doesn't make immediate changes, it'll be a catalyst for changes in the future. However, Khun Paen said he really couldn't bear to see her die. He tells her that because of her strong will in being herself, never changing her way of thinking even though the world was against her, she HAS brought changes. He believes that changes doesn't always have to be exchanged with a life. Life is very precious. That was probably the loveliest thing he has said all drama long. Haha.

It was so bittersweet when Wanthong told Khun Paen that to be alive, the only thing that feeds her life are the memories that happened in that cave which are all about Khun Paen. Omg, that is so sad. Then watching Khun Paen walk out of the cave knowing that he'll never see her again because she's a dead woman now, was so tragic. I'm not sure which is more torturous, knowing someone is alive yet have to forget them like they're dead or knowing that they died like Chang? Anyway, I have no pity for Chang. He WILL NEVER change his ways. He's only crying because he drove her to death. Only through death can she free herself from Chang.

Khun Paen grew up though. He finally let Wanthong go because he knows he can't be that man for her. He will only hurt her.

Poor Wanthong, going through so much. Although, she chose death, but life gave her a second chance, very bittersweet, but quite satisfactory. I really liked the ending. P'Sant is huge on Buddhism and this time, I happen to agree with him. Hahah.

Hooorayyyy for the well deserved ratings!!!!
Bro, that is the best English summary of the whole story and ending I have ever seen. I don't even know how to share it on Twitter, because Twitter limitations. But I think I'm going to screenshot it on mobile and share it that way.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
I'm curious to know what Mai's next project with One31 will be. She's really buoyed up her profile big time with this project and incidentally she's now the most followed Thai actress on IG.

She's done 2 romcoms and 1 historical dramas. g0d, I hope it's not infidelity-themed drama next (though it would have been great if she got the n'ek role in "Sai Roong").

Same with P'Sant, there are so many upcoming One31 dramas and I'm sure he should be starting work soon (unless he plans to rest as he's had 3 dramas that aired in the last 12 months).