❤️[ONE31] Wanthong (The One Enterprise): Mai Davika / Pong Nawat / Chakrit Yamnarm

Liddysopretty

sarNie Juvenile
So many people are still Team Chang when he literally raped her and has been all along. He doesn't love her, he loves himself. He uses his power and money to manipulate her, hurt her loved ones, control her, possess her. That's not love, that's infatuation and obsession. After the so many times Khun Paen and their son has allowed him to live, he never changes and still finds all kinds of ways to hurt them PUSHING Wanthong to death. She would've never been in this situation if not for him.

Yes, Khun Paen is no less selfish either. However, he grew up towards the end of the drama. Of course, it doesn't make up for how much pain and suffering he has put Wanthong through, but at least he finally did something significant for her. I'm Team Wanthong all the way.

Just because Chang cries like a crazy at the end as if he can't live without her doesn't mean jack squat. He had all that time to redeem himself but didn't. It's easy for us to say Wanthong should've chosen Chang BUT you're not the one sleeping with someone you not only loathe, is extremely ugly, evil hearted, and controlling. Chang may be loud about his love for Wanthong but it's not deep.

I've always wanted to see Mai in a revenge drama. I'm waiting to watch the one with Push. Mai was truly a classic beauty in here. A lot of people say she's only pretty in photos but actually, she's beautifully attractive in motion too.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Whoa, Pong has three high ratings lakorns for OneHD.
Technically Pong and P'Sant duo. Haha!

Pong on his own had underperforming dramas - his crime drama with Vill which aired just right before "Mia 2018", and "Deja Vu" last year.

P'Sant underperformed with his dramas with Sean/Milly and Aum/Cris. (Technically Tor/Aff was an underperformer too given the hype, but for 2020 standards it's one of One31's best performers.)

I'm sure their another collab "Dork Soke" also has nice ratings, although I don't have access to ratings back when they were in Channel 5.

inbetweener_guy

sarNie Oldmaid
Average rating throughout its run is 3.519. This is the highest-rating primetime drama of One31 since 2017. (I don't have info prior to that, but I believe this should have surpassed "Pitsawat" as well.)

Including 7PM dramas, this is the 7th highest rating drama. (Well 7PM dramas were only introduced late 2018.) This is the only primetime drama inside the Top 10.

Its 7.6 finale rating is the highest-ever for a One31 drama. And as previously mentioned, this is the highest-rating episode for any Thai drama this year.

Episode DateRating
2021-03-01​
1.9​
2021-03-02​
2.2​
2021-03-08​
2.5​
2021-03-09​
2.9​
2021-03-15​
3.3​
2021-03-16​
3.1​
2021-03-22​
2.7​
2021-03-23​
2.9​
2021-03-29​
2.9​
2021-03-30​
3.6​
2021-04-05​
3.5​
2021-04-06​
3.1​
2021-04-12​
4.5​
2021-04-13​
4.5​
2021-04-19​
5.1​
2021-04-20​
7.6​

mayag

sarNie Adult
This one is gonna win so many awards and I can’t wait. Pong has improved so much as an actor. Mai and Chakrit were always good. It’s not easy to re-tell a story that is well known to the public and still manage to keep them engaged. Bravo to the entire team - cast and crew! :clap:

sarNie Adult
So many people are still Team Chang when he literally raped her and has been all along. He doesn't love her, he loves himself. He uses his power and money to manipulate her, hurt her loved ones, control her, possess her. That's not love, that's infatuation and obsession. After the so many times Khun Paen and their son has allowed him to live, he never changes and still finds all kinds of ways to hurt them PUSHING Wanthong to death. She would've never been in this situation if not for him.
You're so passionate about this. I love it lol.

I'm not a Khun Chang fan either and don't get the people romanticizing him in the comments. Raping and imprisoning someone is not love. They're only ok with this because Chang is played by Chakrit. If some unattractive guy was really playing Chang, they would be disgusted.

I was talking to my friend that had he showed love to her son, she would have maybe felt better towards him and her son would love him like a dad. What's better revenge than to have the son of your enemy love you more than his own father? But we just agreed on Chang being stupid.

Liddysopretty

sarNie Juvenile
You're so passionate about this. I love it lol.

I'm not a Khun Chang fan either and don't get the people romanticizing him in the comments. Raping and imprisoning someone is not love. They're only ok with this because Chang is played by Chakrit. If some unattractive guy was really playing Chang, they would be disgusted.

I was talking to my friend that had he showed love to her son, she would have maybe felt better towards him and her son would love him like a dad. What's better revenge than to have the son of your enemy love you more than his own father? But we just agreed on Chang being stupid.
Yeah, I like realism of this lakorn. Life isn't always a fairytale especially for women in those days. I'm truly glad I was born in this era.

Chang was always full of hate, so it didn't matter how much or who he possessed, he was never happy. Chang kept blaming Khun Paen for Wanthong never loving him, but he NEVER sincerely appreciated Wanthong being by his side all those years, against her will. You know how much patience, tolerance, and kindness to do that? Living with a man who raped you and you absolutely will never love? I think if Chang respected Wanthong, gave her some room to breathe, work on his attitude, stop hurting others, trust that she'll be a good wife and just settle at that because you can't force love, raise her son like his own, not even for revenge, he could've been very happy and stayed with Wanthong until old age. He would've won Khun Paen, had Wanthong all to himself, gained a son since he couldn't have any, and had the last laugh. It's people like Chang who always victimize themselves that drive good people away. And my golly, he was spending more time finding ways to kill Khun Paen than paying attention to Wanthong, so who was he truly obsessed with? I would say Khun Paen. Lol

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
Just watched the ending with my mom and it’s so sad idk if it’s really sad or if my hormones are all out of whack because I usually don’t cry when watching things but I’m balling my eyes out for this ending

lakornwatcher

sarNie Adult
This sounds like an interesting lakorn and Mai looks so pretty in it but I haven't checked out the lakorn yet. Only saw some clips here and there. Will need to find some time to watch this fully.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
You want to be stressed? You want to age 10 years? Well, I've got a lakorn for you!

I kid, well kind of. This lakorn is excellent. I went into this not knowing that it is based off of Khun Chang Khun Paen. You grow up knowing at least the gist of the basic plot. I remember watching a version as a child but I don't remember much. This is such an epic tale of sorrow, adventure, and love.

First of all you have a stellar cast. From the supporting cast and leading cast, they are all some of the best actors and actresses. Pong and Chakrit were well chosen. Mai has improved so much in her acting. She was sooo good here. She played Wanthong with such dignity and grace. And surprisingly, she plays such a believable mother both with the little boy and Tongtong. Despite Tongtong and Mai being so close in age, I actually believed they were mother and son because they had so much chemistry. My heart broke during the scene when they were reunited. Mai nailed every single scene.

Poor Chakrit took on such a hard role, Chang is an incredibly difficult role. You can't help but feel bad for him sometimes despite him being so conniving. Chang loved Wanthong to the point of obsession and blindness while Paen loved Wanthong very selfishly. This is an excellent feminist story, a tale of a woman who stood up for herself and demanded the freedom to make her own decisions. Too bad the time period was so cruel to her. Every single man in this lakorn is deeply flawed and doesn't realize their faults. Chang, while a faithful man, is too spoiled and controlling to understand empathy and the selflessness required in love. Paen, while loving and kind, cannot remain faithful. Both men are wrong for Wanthong but unfortunately she loves one and the other one loves her, causing a love triangle of epic proportions. Both men have screwed up her fate and she was destined for a life of sorrow. Wanthong never gets to be happy, she can't be with the man she loves, she is a victim of obsession from Chang, she can't even raise her son.

Paen needs to keep it in his pants. He claims to love Wanthong but he collects women like trophies, he just can't say no to any woman and hypocritically insults Wanthong for having two men in her life. He never protects her from Laothong and even betrays her trust to try to keep Laothong in his life. Wanthong can never catch a break either as everyone puts the blame on her.

I don't think I agree with the decision to change up the ending from the tragic original. I'd like to leave it with Wanthong actually getting executed. Putting her in a life of solitude without it being her choice doesn't feel right to me. Poor Wai, he'll never get to see his mother again. My mom was telling me about the original ending with Chang and Paen fighting each other to the death and I think that is more fitting to the story. This lakorn really made me hate men. Men make up the rules to constrain women. Men are allowed to do as they please while a woman who dares speak up for herself is wrong. The king in this lakorn was incredibly unfair to Wanthong and practically blamed her at every turn. His last minute change of mind was so frustrating after he victim shamed her the whole lakorn.

Despite the emotional rollercoaster this lakorn puts you through, doesn't take away from the fact that it is a well made lakorn. While you don't exactly enjoy it, it is engrossing and addictive. Never a dull moment, but be warned, you'll be put through the wringer. This lakorn should sweep awards season next year. It's very rare to see such a well made lakorn nowadays. This lakorn has officially earned Mai my respect as an actress.