❤️ Various ET News

rae

sarNie Adult
@WeirFany Art had clarified that the news about him behaving badly was basically leaked by his friend. He was backstabbed because he trusted the wrong person and he lost job offers over it. Kong had said he was unsure if Art was referring to him, but it sounded like Art was talking about him.

Art has posted on Instagram a picture that says when can you admit your wrongdoing instead of blaming others.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
They are still asking him (Jes) the same questions. They are trying to fish for more....make drama.

He pretty said the same thing. Also that view can say or express however she wants.

I have pure heart/intentions.

Something along that line.

Some psycho thai netcitizen are still attacking prang.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Tbh, I feel bad for anyone who isn't a channel favorite or a popular fan pic bc you're literally treated by the channel like a supporting background character in real life too. Rare that you can possibly freely choose your own work without their approval first no matter how talented you are. These channels need to get rid of that practice and producers should also be allowed to freely pick who will be the best for the job since I've heard how they've wanted x, y, and z to be in it but instead channel heads would have them put in their own picks instead.
This is true but there are limitations to this too. Many producers also would always choose to work with the most popular actors… not so much checking if actors suited the roles. See how many times NY worked together because producers wanted them together. They want the most popular actors to guarantee that their would be audience for their drama.

Because otherwise what would they depend on to attract people to watch their dramas? Their exciting scripts? LOL

It’s part of this whole cycle of personal relationships between actors and channel personnel that leads to this situation. All these politics that lead to gossip and backstabbing etc. And media just pour oil into all these fiery situations because creating gossip like this helps to justify their existence.

nat12

sarNie Adult
They are still asking him (Jes) the same questions. They are trying to fish for more....make drama.

He pretty said the same thing. Also that view can say or express however she wants.
Reporters just want to make more drama cos otherwise they have nothing to do. If they have a conscience they would stop doing this cos an innocent party, Prang, is already being attacked for this.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
View interview

Reporters- who is at fault ? What caused it? Who started it? Is there a 3rd party?

I can't stand them.

There isn't a 3rd party, ppl promote things.

Reporter - didn't you sense anything, women intuition

Really

V- no, there wasn't anything

Basically, she said they no longer mesh well. Eventually 1 of us couldn't meet in the middle (I feel like she is implying, he couldn't meet in the middle this time).They tried and discussed it maturely. They discussed it many times. I'm not to sad. We didn't rule by our emotions. It is between 2 people. We did so privately but fans were sending in comments.

pikachu

sarNie Egg
Mark Prin and Kimmy Kimberley got married! I’m so happy for them. They looked so happy and genuinely in love. There was a lot of kissing. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a wedding where the bride and groom kissed so much! I noticed that while Mark was initiating most of their kisses at he start, as the night went on and they got drunker they both got more aggressive and passionate. I wish them best!

Also Dior made several posts about Kim’s wedding! I knew she’d been promoted from Friend of Cartier, to Brand Ambassador at the start of the year, but I hadn’t realised she’d been promoted by Dior too from Friend to House Ambassador around the same time. Yaya finally got promoted from Friend to BA of Louis Vuitton a few weeks ago. I was convinced she’d be the first Thai celeb (excluding Lisa & other Thai kpop stars) that would become a BA for one of the big international fashion luxury brands. Yaya or Mai Davika. Mai especially is the Thai star I see most consistently on the best dressed lists at fashion events so I’m not understanding why she hasn’t been made BA yet. She has the looks, the popularity, the body AND she’s actually really fashionable both on and off the carpet. When it comes to serving looks it’s Davika, then Kimmy and Yaya is last (she does the best she can but LV’s clothes keep getting uglier).

I noticed that international luxury brands are approaching BL actors and handing them titles over ‘mainstream’ Thai stars, who mostly work with domestic brands. Kim is the only exception. She’s BA for Cartier, Dior, Hourglass and Friend of La Mer. I wonder why that is? It can’t be just because she’s mixed or speaks English because that describes half the stars in the industry.

Last edited:

nat12

sarNie Adult
Happy for Mark and Kim. Their wedding photos have taken over my social media feeds lol.

Not counting power of managers/agencies or whoever is pushing them, or the stars’ own decision on choosing which brand to work with, I think international brands are prefer Thai stars who have fan base in multiple markets. Except for a select few, many Thai stars aren’t recognizable outside of Thailand. Many BL actors are though. These days the biggest BL stars are to thailand what K-pop idols are to Korea. They are basically teen idols.

I’m not sure what the value is pushing luxury brands to teenagers who can barely afford to buy them. But if all brand execs thought like me the malls will be empty.:pancarta:

pikachu

sarNie Egg
Happy for Mark and Kim. Their wedding photos have taken over my social media feeds lol.

Not counting power of managers/agencies or whoever is pushing them, or the stars’ own decision on choosing which brand to work with, I think international brands are prefer Thai stars who have fan base in multiple markets. Except for a select few, many Thai stars aren’t recognizable outside of Thailand. Many BL actors are though. These days the biggest BL stars are to thailand what K-pop idols are to Korea. They are basically teen idols.

I’m not sure what the value is pushing luxury brands to teenagers who can barely afford to buy them. But if all brand execs thought like me the malls will be empty.:pancarta:
Oh I totally agree with you on this. With the men I understand why they would pick BL stars. You underestimate their fanbase. Like with kpop it’s actually not just teens tuning in. I would say the majority are women (and men) in their 20s and older. Online yes, that’s where the teens are most active (its the easiest way for those with limited funds to contribute/ hype their faves) but their in person events, especially the ones you have to pay for like fan meetings, etc., are mostly attended by young adults around the actors age. Generally they target the same audience as Ch3 in Thailand and abroad.

However, I was talking about female stars. With the male BL actors and mainstream male actors, the BL actor have the advantage of an active and dedicated foreign fans, but that isn’t true of young female actresses. They generally have the same reach overseas as mainstream female actresses, which is why none of them have formalised relationships with luxury brands and been given titles. Like most mainstream female stars they’re just invited as guests to events, post sponsored content, etc.

That’s what I don’t understand. From what I see Thai people spend a lot on luxury goods, so why don’t they have Ambassadors? The men are getting their titles but despite women being more active in fashion circles, they’re mostly still ‘guests’ or ‘Friend of’. If brands were using the same criteria to pick actresses to work with, Mai Davika and Baifern would already be BAs. Kimberley being the first celeb to become an ambassador for a luxury fashion house & makeup brand and the second BA for luxury jewellery (after Chompoo with Chopard) makes so little sense? Seeing Anne at the Ralph Lauren show made me realise how little representation there is in the fashion circuit for female Thai stars.

I used to think it was a generational gap, not that they hadn’t been a part of it at all. I don’t know I thought Aum was a BA and had been to fashion week, etc. . Maybe it’s because she’s the Thai star synonymous with luxury and famous brands in my head. I still can’t believe she’s never been officially recognised…

nat12

sarNie Adult
That’s what I don’t understand. From what I see Thai people spend a lot on luxury goods, so why don’t they have Ambassadors? The men are getting their titles but despite women being more active in fashion circles, they’re mostly still ‘guests’ or ‘Friend of’. If brands were using the same criteria to pick actresses to work with, Mai Davika and Baifern would already be BAs. Kimberley being the first celeb to become an ambassador for a luxury fashion house & makeup brand and the second BA for luxury jewellery (after Chompoo with Chopard) makes so little sense? Seeing Anne at the Ralph Lauren show made me realise how little representation there is in the fashion circuit for female Thai stars.

I used to think it was a generational gap, not that they hadn’t been a part of it at all. I don’t know I thought Aum was a BA and had been to fashion week, etc. . Maybe it’s because she’s the Thai star synonymous with luxury and famous brands in my head. I still can’t believe she’s never been officially recognised…
I’m not Thai, but I live in Southeast Asia. I don’t think that Thailand has been seen as a viable target market for luxury goods until… maybe the last 10 years or so. It’s true that Thais spend a lot on luxury brands, but still not enough of them do so to matter to these brands. Most Thais do not have purchasing power for these brands. And the market segment of Thais who consume international luxury brands are not really influenced by local Thai stars. Thai entertainment industry is small and until BL dramas popularity exploded, thai ent doesn’t have mass popularity outside Thailand, its closest neighboring countries and China.

I am not underestimating the popularity of BL dramas or even kpop at all. I am very aware of how massively popular it is and that not all their fans are teens. Heck, I’m a first-gen K-pop fan. But international luxury brands are typically for high-income earners. Assuming people earn their income and weren’t born into it, most people in Southeast Asia reach those income levels only in their late 20s and early 30s onwards.

That more Thai stars aren’t selected to be ambassadors of international luxury brands are less a reflection of their star power, but more a reflection of the Thai entertainment industry and their market for luxury brands in Thailand. So it’s more like international brands have not really prioritized having Thai stars at their events because they don’t yet have enough buyers from Thailand to target.

The generational gap is definitely there cos I think that generation of stars like Anne and Aum aren’t really known outside of Thailand. During their era the Thai stars that are recognized within Asia would likely be those of mixed parentage and I think that’s the influence of MTV Asia, Channel V and other regional media agencies back then.

Personally, I think that Chompoo continues to remain a big star for luxury brands through her own industry connection. I mean she’s savvy and is a hard worker too. But connections go a long way within the industry, for stars at all levels.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
Not long ago I was reading an article about how luxary brands are switching over to Thailand's market. The money is there and Thai celebs do a good job at promoting. Its definitely the gate for Thai entertainment to grow outside of Thailand. Besides, I believe Thai celebs are the most fashionable out of other markets like Korea, China, Japan, etc. *personal opinion

mayag

sarNie Adult
Not long ago I was reading an article about how luxary brands are switching over to Thailand's market. The money is there and Thai celebs do a good job at promoting. Its definitely the gate for Thai entertainment to grow outside of Thailand. Besides, I believe Thai celebs are the most fashionable out of other markets like Korea, China, Japan, etc. *personal opinion
I also think Thai celebs are the most fashionable from East Asia. Filipino celebs too. But the younger generation of celebs seem more into K-fashion these days which is so bland to me.

nat12

sarNie Adult
I have little to no sense of fashion so I can’t really judge others’ fashion sense, haha.

But Thailand is definitely becoming a viable market for luxury brands. Brands opening up stores in Bangkok is an indicator. For example, there are only 2 cities with Apple stores in Southeast Asia currently - Singapore and Bangkok. That’s another sign how the market is becoming important too.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
Honestly, not to diminish Thai stars' talent bc many of the popular ones are famous but I've always noticed how thai celebrities are more influencer like than a lot of these Asian industries.

They're consistently always advertising either their own products or many sponsors products on their social media. They update their fans on their "daily" lives and celebrity lives consistently too which I understand. So I also thought they would've long been marketable in the luxury brand ambassador before the recent years.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
So happy but sad to see that Mai Davikah finally was able to address her anorexia rumors by Sharing that her excessive weight loss was due to her trying her best to emulate the character she was going to playing and that now she can finally share why that was bc she was so skinny, and how she doesn't plan to or want to be that skinny again.

I'm sure she was hurt and stressed by the rumors, and stressed from deciding to go thru that transformation too. Hope she is able to healthily gain weight back and look healthy again.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
So happy but sad to see that Mai Davikah finally was able to address her anorexia rumors by Sharing that her excessive weight loss was due to her trying her best to emulate the character she was going to playing and that now she can finally share why that was bc she was so skinny, and how she doesn't plan to or want to be that skinny again.

I'm sure she was hurt and stressed by the rumors, and stressed from deciding to go thru that transformation too. Hope she is able to healthily gain weight back and look healthy again.
Which character did she play, requiring her to get even more skinny? The director didn't think she was skinny enough? The director should be more considerate. She was already skin and bones to begin with.

nat12

sarNie Adult
It’s for her new show on Netflix? I’ve yet to watch it. And yes, I hope she never does such a transformation again. Thing is, it wasn’t like she already wasn’t skinny to start with. As she grows older such transformations will harder to do and harder on her body too.

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
@neenavaj it's for her new Netflix one, per the description she's playing a jobless, depressed, and eventual suicidal individual so definitely different from any role she's taken on before. It could've just been an "artistic" decision she made to portray a different side to her acting and show herself as a more serious and diverse actress. Definitely don't be the last actor/actress to do all they can to embody the characters they play.

Since Netflix is a more international platform, perhaps thru this, she's hoping she'll garner more attention globally or it could just be a change she's making in her career in general to improve what she believes will make her a better actress. She's probably the one thai celebrity who has been mingling more with other countries' celebrities during her brand ambassador trips bc of her seemingly outgoing and friendly nature, working with them in their music videos, and etc so I think she's really trying to expand her world which is good imo even if nothing comes out of it.

Just glad that she did it for her work, recognized that the concerns about her weight is valid, and that it's definitely not on her agenda to get that skinny Again. Seeing her bony spine and her crying selfie were sad for me indeed, obviously this role pushed her and stretched her limits emotionally and physically

maimyang

keep going, you’re doing great. ;)
IMG_7904.jpeg
IMG_7905.jpeg

Happy Davika’s taking on this new role and challenging herself, this will be refreshing, although I don’t think I’ll be watching. It can be tough being in this career, making changes to fit and portray the character. And then there’s the opposite direction and having to gain so much weight for a role! The things people do, I know I couldn’t do it.

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
I have seen the original film the tv series is based on. It was very famous because the actress in the film did not use any ounce of makeup vs be super skinny. I was hoping they did this too in the tv series. I get she did it for method acting but I think it freaked a lot of people out because people did notice her health declining. As a fan, I didn't think it was necessary to drop even more weight for the role so there was a big level of concern.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I have seen the original film the tv series is based on. It was very famous because the actress in the film did not use any ounce of makeup vs be super skinny. I was hoping they did this too in the tv series. I get she did it for method acting but I think it freaked a lot of people out because people did notice her health declining. As a fan, I didn't think it was necessary to drop even more weight for the role so there was a big level of concern.

Christian bale did the same thing...Christian Bale was 120 pounds while shooting The Machinist .....he's not the first and won't be the last to do so....