❤️ Various ET News

nat12

sarNie Adult
Interesting analysis on tv ratings. I feel like it’s a common phenomenon all over the world for tv programmes to be facing fall in ratings. There are so many sources of entertainment these days that ratings only form a very small part of the picture. I feel that the Thai channels that are putting in efforts in their digital outreach are on the right track. If Ch7 is happy with their ratings lead, then that’s where they’ll stay - on traditional tv. But with the explosion of streaming services, most people no longer watch tv at a set time daily - content is consumed through other devices.

As an international viewer, I must admit I find CH3 & One lakorns to be most accessible. The plots feel familiar to other Asian dramas, the culture already feels similar to mine, so even if I’m desperate enough, I can even watch their modern lakorns without subs and still feel like I can understand enough to follow along.

Korean dramas started out with simple melodramas, family dramas or rom-coms the way lakorns are. Their content expanded with injection of investment (especially from overseas) and also when their tv scene expanded with cable tv. That’s how we get the huge variety in terms of dramas today. I feel that Thai lakorn has the potential to go along the same path but it will take a bit more time to get there. First, like everyone mentioned… the plotting and writing has got to improve. Thai lakorn competition is no longer among the channels but with the huge amount of content that is out there online.Other than innovation, the writing has got to be tighter. I feel like lakorn hit formula needs 3 essential elements: good plot, good acting, chemistry between leads.

^thea^

sarNie Egg
Hopefully someone can answer here because i'm curious. I'd like to ask.
Did any koojin couple actually become a real couple and end up getting married in real life?

Amikou

Sharp-tongued Siberian diva
Bow and alec....spotted together.... she hang out with him and his crew....girl actions and answer is suspicious. She told the reporter to go as Alex (status)
Ugh, Bow. I used to be huge fan of her after YK but not anymore. Girl is just hungry for attention. Her numerous dating scandals had let me down. I can't take her the same anymore. Now I even find her acting boring and annoying, she doesn't grow in her craft anymore. I don't believe that Lek is serious with her and even if he is... well he'd better run. Girl isn't ready for serious relationship anytime soon.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
They didnt do much advertisement because they were not offered in the first place. Ya theres so many BL series lately
It depends on the stars...aum..noon..
Kob did well in advertisements.

I'm looking at ratings from the thai Neilson? Ratings... not counting online.

I like how true tv...expanded ... even if it a Korean remake....sometimes it is good to watch somethings w/o having to read subtitles

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Ugh, Bow. I used to be huge fan of her after YK but not anymore. Girl is just hungry for attention. Her numerous dating scandals had let me down. I can't take her the same anymore. Now I even find her acting boring and annoying, she doesn't grow in her craft anymore. I don't believe that Lek is serious with her and even if he is... well he'd better run. Girl isn't ready for serious relationship anytime soon.

I was never a fan of her.... but from her history of real life dramas....

It seems to me she's too clingy and then the shade she throws at the guys......mmmmm

Lek is a very easy going guy and his relationship break up was drama free.....

nat12

sarNie Adult
Bow and alec....spotted together.... she hang out with him and his crew....girl actions and answer is suspicious. She told the reporter to go as Alex (status)

I am not very familiar with her, but is this her usual way of responding in interviews? Maybe it’s due her age, and editing of the clip as well but I find her annoying in this clip. And in the one with James Ji too. James is not that much older than her but comes across as more composed and professional?

bit

sarNie Adult
The era of Aum, Noon and Kob is well over. Ar that time CH7 is holding power. Now they can only be proud of their rural rating that skewered the total rating more since it carry more weight on Neilsen calculation.

But on popularity wise, CH3 is putting their drama on Netflix now at the same time as TV, OneHD going for Viu and WeTV and it’s catching more viewers only not calculated in ratings.

Nielsen rating doesn’t mean much nowadays, just look at Squid games, the actor and actresses became worldwide star just from Netflix.

Som123

sarNie Hatchling
It depends on the stars...aum..noon..
Kob did well in advertisements.

I'm looking at ratings from the thai Neilson? Ratings... not counting online.

I like how true tv...expanded ... even if it a Korean remake....sometimes it is good to watch somethings w/o having to read subtitles
Im talking about the current generation. Nune and Kob are no longer in ch7 and it was long time ago. Aum and Weir are the only artists left that has big influence/popular in ch7

Amikou

Sharp-tongued Siberian diva
Im talking about the current generation. Nune and Kob are no longer in ch7 and it was long time ago. Aum and Weir are the only artists left that has big influence/popular in ch7
It’s basically Weir for CH7. Aum’s no longer with them for many years, she just acts for them out of loyalty she doesn’t have contract with channel.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I know ....but I stated (referenced) ch7 actors never had advertisement....even those 3 didn't have much....except for aum p. She advertised herself and was smarter about it....it seems
I.e....my statements of depending on the stars because I can't name any other ch7 actors whom did much ads as those 3...comparing it to other ch7 actors. I don't fully follow but they were the top

I don't fully follow until recently since I'm bored....but from the jist of it...ch3 actors had always had more advertisements regardless of the actor "status". Jackie Jacqueline made herself popular as a personality and got her stocked lakorn aired.

Ch7 also don't post lakorn online anymore and block everything. Also rural ppl vs. The city ppl....city ppl are bigger consumers.

Also nowadays...everyone advertise on their social Media page and have their own business.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
Jackie Jacqueline made herself popular as a personality and got her stocked lakorn aired.
I was wondering why her lakorn looked like they filmed it years ago. She didn't have much lakorn after her initial debut.

She's been flirting at Great for a while now. It's been in the ent headlines. She says he's her type. Idk if she's just creating hype or if she's for real about him.

Her YouTube personality is the type that's popular right now. Lots of daras are using that platform to garner more attention.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
I am not very familiar with her, but is this her usual way of responding in interviews? Maybe it’s due her age, and editing of the clip as well but I find her annoying in this clip. And in the one with James Ji too. James is not that much older than her but comes across as more composed and professional?
She used to be adorable in Yai Kanlaya... then the star system transformed her a lil bit (attention seeker)

nat12

sarNie Adult
Jackie did well in Roy Leh Marnya. That’s how I noticed her and her YouTube channel. I just thought her comments about Great were just standard stuff, but the media jumped on it and started booking them together for interviews cos they were all desperate for gossip/content during lockdown. :pancarta: But hey, if she got her old drama on air because of this and it did well with viewers too, good for her.

As for Bow, those two clips made me think so many thoughts. Like, oh…. So this is what people regard as her very “man” way of speaking in interviews. And, oh ok… no wonder Ch 7 feels like they need to give their newbies “personality training.” :risas3: She may think she’s being “man” or funny… it just makes me find her annoying.

CPY

GotomySin
Ch3 and Ch8 - Thru Anne JKN they sold rights to Netflix, Viu etc

One31 - The shareholders are related to Viu (Hong Kong) so they easily can get to there

Ch7 - close door system as they are under semi-government. The board are mostly seniors and this is their side business, not the main (banking and construction). So they had to limit stuffs...

spanky

sarNie OldFart
She used to be adorable in Yai Kanlaya... then the star system transformed her a lil bit (attention seeker)

I disagree with "attention seeker".

I feel all Dara are attention seeking in some form or another....

PAT N. I would consider an attention seeker. Even bow M. Who keeps airing dirty laundry

Jackie is smart.....she decided to be a personality and it took off. I didn't find her doing anything crazy. Her YT show is mostly her being silly...goofy and the people find her funny.

I casually follow her and didn't see anything outrageous. She is doing what other Dara YT are doing.....she found an alternative "personality/character " and entertain people on YT. She is able to capitalize on it and sustain it. Good for her. As far as I seen....she didn't have any scandal or bad "news"

The whole great thing .....like another commenter said....the media had no news and blew it up. She is good friends with Great and they just goof around.

What is the difference of Jenny (nadao) who is also a personality and flirts/joke with the nadao boys.

He's cute and he's my type...

Last edited: