❤️ Various ET News

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
What makes this odder is the boat driver (husband of former singer, Benz Prik Thai) initially declined to give his statement at the police station because he wanted to contact a lawyer first. This lawyer I assume is someone famous in the industry. The said lawyer declined to represent the boat driver. The driver then agreed to go for questioning the following day (today).

So far, none of the people on the boat has given any public statements. They have pretty much remained closed mouth about the situation.

*From the looks of the photos, we can see that there was drinking involved which might add to the confusion, etc.
*Source Nine Entertain: Pictures

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Hmmm...why would the boat driver grabbed a lawyer so fast. And I wonder what the boat driver said to the lawyer for him to refused it. If it's an accident then I don't see where the problem is with them making a statement. There are accidents that are tragic. But it's just weird all around from her falling to no one calling the cops and them circling the area where she fell...to them staying quiet. Make it make sense because I can't seem to.

x0unerthanlater

Right with you there. There's no accident that can't be explained properly. I know shock can affect ppl differently but all they have to do is just tell it exactly how they saw it. Even if they were confused. I'm hoping with all the statements given, the police can piece together what happened.

The photos/videos from CCTV are kind of blurry. I assume there might be evidence the police haven't revealed yet.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
Also, one possibility why they are afraid to say anything is...what if they were having fun and drinking more than they should and no one was in the state of mind to do anything. I don't know about Thai law but would they get in trouble for drinking on a boat? I can see that might be one reason to not say anything so they don't incriminate themselves.

x0unerthanlater

Also, one possibility why they are afraid to say anything is...what if they were having fun and drinking more than they should and no one was in the state of mind to do anything. I don't know about Thai law but would they get in trouble for drinking on a boat? I can see that might be one reason to not say anything so they don't incriminate themselves.
I would assume the person driving the boat would follow the same laws as motor vehicle laws. No drinking & driving. I'll try looking this up. I have a feeling that could be the reason he refused to give his statements at first. (just an observation, not insinuating anything.)

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I would assume the person driving the boat would follow the same laws as motor vehicle laws. No drinking & driving. I'll try looking this up. I have a feeling that could be the reason he refused to give his statements at first. (just an observation, not insinuating anything.)
Yes, at this point we don't know much but it's not a far fetch to say their behaviors are unusual. I have seen people involved in a tragic accident, shock, shaking and in disbelieve, but yet eager to talk to police because without them as a witness it makes the job that much harder. It's strange that they make it more of a mystery when in fact, if it's an accident it should be easy.

Now, I am curious and follow to see how this unfold. Maybe, if they all come out and say, yes, she fell and it was an accident. We didn't realized it until she was already in the water. Then that's clear cut. But to pretty much stays quiet and trying to get a lawyer and whatnot...Anyway, at this point finding her is the most important. But as the time goes on...I don't know if that's even possible.

x0unerthanlater

@byebye Agree with you. I put a disclaimer so no one can say we're making assumptions.

A couple of years ago, the wife of someone I know drowned the same way. A few ppl onboard, everyone having a good time. The woman fell over and no one heard or realized it until much later. They didn't find her body right away. I forgot how long it took but it was a while. Like in the crime shows, the body has to bloat (*trigger warning: sorry for the description) for it to float to the surface.

mayag

sarNie Adult
Yea what if it was more than just drinking? Like maybe they were all drugged up and weren’t thinking properly.

Again, just another assumption made from why they would try to get a lawyer first.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I think the circling part baffles me the most. If they have time to circle the spot couldn't they find a few minutes to make a phone call. Honestly, if there are 5 or 6 people on a boat...drinking is a high possibility (a group of friends hanging out and having fun)

When we were in cancun we took a boat to another island. And when someone goes to the back...I noticed 1 or 2 people always have their eyes on the person. And me being nosy, I'm curious to see why they are going back there so I am constantly looking. Excluding the driver...someone on the boat has to be curious enough to see what she's doing.

x0unerthanlater

From the pictures, the speed boat is a pretty small one for 6 people. If someone was at the back someone else would be close enough to quickly notice and possibly reach out their arm. I'm no swimming expert (I can't swim) but when ppl fall into the water, don't they kind of bounce up once or twice before submerging completely? Enough time for another person to be like, "oh sh!t grab them!"

bit

sarNie Adult
Yea what if it was more than just drinking? Like maybe they were all drugged up and weren’t thinking properly.

Again, just another assumption made from why they would try to get a lawyer first.
Highest probability, there was drug involve too at this boat party, that is why the boat owner trying to get a lawyer.

If it is a simple accident, no one will be thinking about finding a lawyer, just go to the police and give statement.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Waiting an hour before calling in the experts for help is just strange. I get being in shock and not knowing what to do initially but if you're circling around for an hour before calling for help, that seems like a pretty intentional decision to make.

And the friend who didn't want to tell police the name of the person who fell but wrote it in a notebook and passed it to them instead? They seem to be more concerned about keeping it out of the news than about their friend.

x0unerthanlater

Update on the Por (the boat driver/friend) interview after he gave his statement:
Source Thairath: LINK

- They drove to the 8th Praram bridge to have dinner. (I'm assuming there are ports where restaurants surround the area) After they finish, they drove back towards the 7th Praram bridge. This was the last spot that Tangmo took a photo before her disappearance. *You can see the 8th Praram bridge in the back.* Photo link Here Taken with her manager.
- On the way going back, he was towards the front of the boat. Tangmo was towards the back with her friend named, Saan. Tangmo was holding onto her friends leg. After this, she fell into the water. Her friend then shouted that Tangmo fell into the water. Another friend named, Joeb shouted to stop the boat and to reverse to the spot of the incident. At this time, Por says he was not the one driving the boat. It was his senior (someone older/roon pee) who was driving.
- He insists he did not see the moment she fell into the water. He mentions that the friend Saan was the one closest in proximity to Tangmo when it happened.
- Por says he was not trying to escape or reject the investigations. He said he was in a lot of shock and wanted to go home to collect his thoughts and calm down.
- So after Tangmo falls into the water, they circle back around to the spot. They searched for 15-20 mins before making calls. The men were using their flashlights to search the water (I'm assuming no one jumped in since he didn't say this) and the women were trying to contact the police and emergency rescue team.
From what Por says, they searched by themselves for 15-20mins and then contacted the police. By the time the police got there and the situation was explained etc. it took an hour for her family, close friends, and news outlets, to find out. (This is his side of the story. Allegedly...)
- Everyone was barefoot onboard.
- Wine was served. Por says he was not drunk but he did have a glass of wine. (He didn't specify the amount of glasses he had) And he says he's not sure how much anyone else had.
- After the incident, they started shouting for help from nearby ports. No one had a boat so they were on their own in searching (until the professionals came).
- There is a bathroom on the boat but it was used as storage. If anyone wanted to use it, they could have moved the stuff out of the way. Por says, this was Tangmo's first time on this boat, so maybe she didn't know. He says most ppl with these kinds of boats don't use the bathrooms but they just go to the back and do their business... (umm okay?)
- There were life jackets on the boat but they didn't wear it.
- Por guarantees the boat is legal. It's just has expired (tags? Not sure but it's probably something similar to USA)
- Tangmo's purse is (missing?) Por says, they would have to ask the other friends that were together.
- When asked about the lawyer, Por said he was in a panic and wasn't sure what to do. He reached out to Lawyer Tum hoping the lawyer can give him guidance in explaining the situation.
- He was drug tested. (No mention of results as of current)

So far this is what I got from the article. If there's something missing I'll add it under edits.
*By the way, there isn't a Thai law against drunk driving a boat. They don't do testing for this at ports etc... Although it's not recommended of course.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
That's the mistake everyone on the boat made. They thought so little of the life jacket. If none wanted to jump in and help why circle at all for that much time? When a person is drowning, time is precious. The most is probably 5 minutes for the water to forgive someone for not knowing how to swim. After that, it'll get you.

Hmmm...the part on holding to the leg before Tangmo was gone is sad. I am thinking no one on the boat know how to swim. And when she fell, it seem she's already descending to the bottom quick. No one said anything about her falling and coming up for air...it's basically fall and gone.

And her purse is missing. That purse should go to her mom immediately. Something is still off about the whole thing. I wish them luck in locating her body though.

x0unerthanlater

The scary thing is that ppl jump from those Praram bridges pretty often. Just a week prior there was someone that jumped and they haven't found their body. This person had been declared missing.

Some ppl just don't reappear. I'm watching the live right now and the water current looks rough in some areas.

I think it's like what you say @byebye She must've fallen and went straight down. At night the current might be more restless.

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
That’s a very unfortunate situation. I would hate to the person who last had contact with the victim. I get that some people need time to process a traumatic event. That I understand, and legally too. But it’s still a case that makes me go “hmm.” I also guess some things just can’t be avoided. I hope that tangmo will be found and for peace for all those involved.

thanks for the updates/trans and y’all’s thoughts on this. Nice to have more perspective on what may have happened too.

x0unerthanlater

Another sketchy thing (and Tangmo's brother mentioned this too) how the heck would a female "use the bathroom" at the back of a speed boat? I kept trying to picture it. Like, is that even possible? I've never been on a speed boat, so I'm not sure.

Her brother and family doesn't believe she would do this. It sounds weird. And she's wearing a long skirt... How?

This part was kinda strange. It isn't confirmed but it's the "reason" that most ppl heard.