❤️ Various ET News

spanky

sarNie OldFart
Why can't Thai producers put more money into story and writing? I feel Thai stories have so much potential. Even their folktales are nice. Recreate something unique. Please please. We the audience deserve it, the actors deserve it.
They use to have good and decent writing.

Now it is remakes and tired storyline. Their reruns get more ratings than their new dramas.

Ch7 is no different. Neither ch7 has been doing better.

I feel oneHD does better in writing. They have improved. Love proposal was really good. That is the only lakorn i fully watched and finished. SKY was good too. Not too long...i felt the .fillers was minimal

All the other drama.... I'll try and then skimmed if I like the actors

nat12

sarNie Adult
@spanky OneHD is doing well these couple of years while Ch3 is not.

Suptar 2550 is currently not doing well. Is it on Netflix in Thailand too? But wouldn’t Ken-Anne fanbase be the type to still watch live on TV?Maybe it’ll be like Bad Romeo where the ratings will pick up later. But IMO it doesn’t look good that a Ken-Anne lakorn like this is showing ratings at the same level as Dare to Love reruns.

I just finished watching Thai Cave Rescue on Netflix. IMO, it’s quite good. Most actors are unknown but the story itself is compelling is the star of the show. I like how the writing centres on the people involved, both what’s happening in and outside the cave during the whole operation. It really brings out how this was feat of humanity really coming together for a single purpose, persevering in spite of many challenges. The pace is good too. I was in tears at the end of a couple of episodes, and by the end when I thought Beam did very well but he never got to see it.

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I saw a little bit of Ann/Ken lakorn and I'm not impressed with them as a couple. Not because they have gotten older it's because there's nothing there between them anymore. At this point, what can channel 3 really do to improve their ratings though...their lakorns aren't even interesting. It seems lakorns are just there and nothing else.

bit

sarNie Adult
I saw a little bit of Ann/Ken lakorn and I'm not impressed with them as a couple. Not because they have gotten older it's because there's nothing there between them anymore. At this point, what can channel 3 really do to improve their ratings though...their lakorns aren't even interesting. It seems lakorns are just there and nothing else.
The suptar 2550 started well on first episode and but start going downhill after that, the story starts going in circle

nat12

sarNie Adult
I feel a bit sorry but maybe this is what they need to see to learn that they audience has really changed and maybe they’ll start listening to the audience more? Apparently, in current circumstances… “good” ratings (both TV and digital) for Ch3 are what James/Gina and Bad Romeo managed to achieve recently. They really need to start subbing their lakorn and increase overseas sales. This is 2022 and they aren’t doing enough of that - but still hitting copyright strikes on fan accounts providing subs. They should start subbing their old lakorn and putting them online too - sell to Netflix? Earn money from that and then start hiring better scriptwriters.

I mean k-drama plots improved once they started exporting their dramas more actively. And also all the annoying product placements, but that’s another issue.

spanky

sarNie OldFart
I feel a bit sorry but maybe this is what they need to see to learn that they audience has really changed and maybe they’ll start listening to the audience more? Apparently, in current circumstances… “good” ratings (both TV and digital) for Ch3 are what James/Gina and Bad Romeo managed to achieve recently. They really need to start subbing their lakorn and increase overseas sales. This is 2022 and they aren’t doing enough of that - but still hitting copyright strikes on fan accounts providing subs. They should start subbing their old lakorn and putting them online too - sell to Netflix? Earn money from that and then start hiring better scriptwriters.

I mean k-drama plots improved once they started exporting their dramas more actively. And also all the annoying product placements, but that’s another issue.

Omg ....ch3 scripts are regressing with being overly dramatic with no purpose nor intent.....

SKY remake - they improved it. I like how the N'rai has a goal....dream....she was not there just to chase pk. She even said many times, she didn't want to do it.

Gmmtv/1hd is still too much sometimes with their storyline...but I feel at least 30-40% is decent content. While ch3 and ch7, I might watch or finish a lakorn.

I really enjoyed good old days multiple-storyline series.

I hope more writing and content like that is coming

WeirFany

sarNie Adult
@byebye I totally agree, they still look great together. But the chemistry onscreen has run a bit dry but maybe that's just how it's fine too? Gives very low budget sitcom type vibes. Maybe it's just me but maybe she's working with so many younger juniors, it's like she's trying to be more "youthful" to match them when I think she should just totally be her elegant and talented self. What they've showcased acting wise so far definitely is not on par with how they were during their more active years too

@Cupid Candy I totally think the same! I honestly can't help but think if maybe there's trouble in paradise with how they were so active in each other's IG to not as present on each other's anymore. I think with Janie being back into acting now, from fixing up her face slowly bit by bit and drastic concerning weight loss--I think she's just also pressured to look good next to her younger juniors and younger leading men.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Maybe it's just me but maybe she's working with so many younger juniors, it's like she's trying to be more "youthful" to match them when I think she should just totally be her elegant and talented self.
I do get that vibe from her too! I wasn’t sure if it’s my own prejudice because I feel she’s trying too hard to be “trendy” or in with the kids. But I get that vibe from her when I see her with the younger actors. Told myself maybe I was overthinking.

nat12

sarNie Adult
Ch3 calendar is back for 2023. Although I’m confused now to see Diana there since she’s apparently freelance now.

Sonakshi

sarNie Adult
I can see Anne, Nine, Mew, Diana, Pat, Great, Yaya, Mario, Kim, Pope, Alek, Mint, Bella, Nadech.
Where are other CH3 stars? Boy,Bow,Mark,James Ma,James Ji,Toey J,Taew,Matt etc

Simplythailover

sarNie Egg
I can see Anne, Nine, Mew, Diana, Pat, Great, Yaya, Mario, Kim, Pope, Alek, Mint, Bella, Nadech.
Where are other CH3 stars? Boy,Bow,Mark,James Ma,James Ji,Toey J,Taew,Matt etc
I think it's promotion for lakorn on end of this year until early next year.Can't wait for Lai Kinnaree the teasers look so promising.