1805, Min Island

neena

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 11: FATEFUL REUNION

In the Yasortorn palace, besides being promoted to becoming the royal seamstress to Princess Ja, Yaya also became the closest person to Princess Ja. The only person she knew from Min Island, Yaya watched over Princess Ja like a personal guard but she wasn’t only working for Princess Ja. Secretly, she was working with Pope to find Nadech who he thought to be dead then lied to Yaya about Nadech's job with Yasa. Yaya took up fencing and muay thai lessons with Pope and they became closer but Yaya knew not to cross the line, she respects Princess Ja even though she’s had to lie about what she was also really up to.
Time has flown and for four years, Pope created a cat and mouse game, when Yaya was close to capturing the person who impersonates Nadech, he always merely gets away with Pope’s help. If Nadech saw the woman he loved now, he wouldn’t be able to recognize her. Yaya wasn’t the young girl who teased him, she wasn’t the young girl he admired even in dreams, and not only is she a bounty hunter now out to get him. She is the woman he loved with hatred for him.

-
A huge ship sails closer and closer to Yasortorn land, nearing its port. Nadech walks out onto the deck, overlooking the land he was born in. No one would ever have imagined he was a part of the royal family. Four years has past, he has grown so much. His long black hair falling back past his shoulders while his long bangs covered most of his forehead, shaping out his long face frame. He hasn’t shaved in a long time making his chin and mustache scruffy. The air, the chattering townspeople, all this Nadech missed but he knew the ones who ruled this land were up to no good. Whoever they are, they tried eliminating his family but he’s back to face them, this time, he’s unstoppable. He wasn’t that useless person he thought himself four years ago.

More built, dressed in the new clothes his mother just sown, he looked like every passing farmer when he walked into the market area, blending in perfectly. Knowing anyone could be working for Pope, Nadech hid his face under an umbrella shaped bamboo hat. He heard marching from behind. The busy dirt road cleared within seconds.
“MAKE WAY, MAKE WAY, FOR PRINCESS JA JITTAPA! MAKE WAY, MAKE WAY!”

On this foggy morning after a rainy cold night, Nadech watched standing on the sideline with the rest of the people as the black carriage that carried Princess Ja Jittapa made its way through the market. Princess Ja opened the carriage window and began waving her hand at the citizens of Yasortorn to show them she was in love with her husband’s people as well. Every person bowed their heads to the princess. However, she wasn’t the only one sitting in the carriage; Yaya was there all along, keeping an eye on the princess, sitting opposite her. He had no resentment towards the princess, and as of now, none towards Yaya too because he hasn’t discovered the misunderstanding Pope created. Princess Ja was all smiles, one thing Nadech would never forget her for. Respectively, he bowed his head when the carriage past him.
Due to the stormy night the town had the previous night, the muddy road was slippery and the pot holes in the dirt dug itself deeper into the earth. The wooden carriage wheels rode over many of those pot holes making the ride roughly bumpy for the Princess. Out the window, the princess dropped a pinkish white frangipani flower she was attaching to other flowers to form a necklace, an old Min Island tradition. The carriage stopped. Nadech turned around, wondering why suddenly the carriage came to a hault. He looked down and saw the frangipani flower, reminding him of his Min Island home.

The carriage door opened and Yaya stepped down the steps, bending down to retrieve the flower. He only saw her profile but knew who she was. The air was still, time was even slow, his full attention to her. It wasn’t like before with her long hair all over the place, her hair was now tied up, revealing her long neck, she was in a long lavender dress. Before, he’s only dreamt of her in a long dress only an aristocrat could wear, just now that dream was real, the dress couldn't live up to the girl who was wearing it. She was thinner than the girl he knew four years ago yet she was more beautiful than ever. Nadech couldn’t believe his eyes, the person he yearned to see was just a few feet away from him.
After picking the flower she smiled to the villagers and looked around. She was always alert, hoping Nadech would lose guard one day and reveal himself without knowing it, and then she would confront him again after many failed attempts. Wait, it those curvy lips, under that umbrella shaped bamboo hat, she looked back a second time but the second time around he disappeared as fast as evaporated fog.

The first drawing Nadech saw of himself was a ‘wanted’ poster of him nailed to a wooden pole in the market. He tore the poster off the pole. Certainly this was a drawing of him; they got everything from the long hair to his bushy eye brows right. He couldn’t understand why he was a wanted man though. Its been four years since being back, it was time to investigate.
-
For weeks after arriving in Yasortorn, Nadech has been searching for this impersonator. His mission was to find a way back to the palace as himself but being a wanted person, he first had to find out why. He had a hunch though, somehow finding this impersonator would lead him right to Pope.

One night after finding out which port Yasa had anchored his ship, Nadech jumped onboard, covering half of his face with black cloth, looking like a ninja. He crept inside the main floor where all the other pirates were celebrating. From the outside, the ship looked like a regular trading ship but inside was a different story. He saw women locked up in the cells, he was starting to understand what kind of ship this captain owned. Nadech had one advantage, he looked enough like his impersonator to trick the others into thinking he was one of them.
Nadech paralyzed a guard, grabbed the keys to the cell and opened the door to save the girls. All the girls distanced themselves from him thinking he was the bad guy who captured them. He pulled down the cloth to reveal his face.

Nadech whispered. “Hurry, we don’t have much time. Don’t be afraid.”
“He’s supposed to be a mute, older sister, am I dreaming or is he talking to us?” a girl asked her friend, she hid her face.

“I don’t know…who are you? The man before you is a mute.”
“A mute?” Nadech asked. “Who?”

“The man…he looks exactly like you, no difference. He brought us all here. We know him as Bai.”
Finally, his impersonator has a name, Bai. Nadech just noticed there were ten or more girls in this cell.

“Look, I’m not Bai and I will not do whatever Bai has brought you all here for. I am taking you all back to your families. Understood? But first, you must listen to all the directions I am about to tell you.”

zazoured

sarNie Juvenile
OMG !!!! Neena I am sooooooo in love with your story !!!! Surprisingly , I am not so much into period lakorns but your story had me sucked in from the first chapter !!! I cannot wait for yadech's reunion, I know it is going To be explosive with Yaya being trained in combat techniques and her hatred for Nadech, I can feel some raging passion coming up LOL !!! Just cannot wait !!! Thank you so much for updating regularly, I am everyday checking out this tread for a new chapter! You are a really talented writer !!! : D

donghole

sarNie Egg
mwahahahahahahahahhahaha! hai well this is Amanda (8 yes your cousin Amanda who begged for you to give her the link to your ffs k;ljadfjkladfs LOL I read this and lkjsfakj;lflkjfadslk can I just say I love your writing ;____; 'tis something I wish my writing could look like haha! So I read this and its really really interesting lol though I wish I knew who the 'Yadech/(?) couple were... I can't read a fanfic without picturing how they look like.............................. I must go search em up!! haha well yeah....................... THIS IS AN OSM FF *_____* why u no gimme link earlier?!?!? LOL

OTL my 'computer' writing tends to get a bit.. er weird haha! OTL

neena

sarNie Adult
mwahahahahahahahahhahaha! hai well this is Amanda (8 yes your cousin Amanda who begged for you to give her the link to your ffs k;ljadfjkladfs LOL I read this and lkjsfakj;lflkjfadslk can I just say I love your writing ;____; 'tis something I wish my writing could look like haha! So I read this and its really really interesting lol though I wish I knew who the 'Yadech/(?) couple were... I can't read a fanfic without picturing how they look like.............................. I must go search em up!! haha well yeah....................... THIS IS AN OSM FF *_____* why u no gimme link earlier?!?!? LOL

OTL my 'computer' writing tends to get a bit.. er weird haha! OTL
LOL Thank you Amanda!! well if you can't picture them here they are!
Nadech Kugimiya and Yaya Urassaya Sperbund!

Thanks for reading this fanfic...A long way to go...I will try to update as much as possible! Its almost the end...I think...unless I tweet up a few ends here and there!

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
Neena, thank you so much for the awesome update!! It's getting soooo good! I love the side story about Pim. I actually shed some tears here because I felt her pain when she lost her husband as well as being separated from her son. :cry: I'm also very afraid for Nadech when he will finally meet with Yaya face to face since she is a woman in rage and out for revenge!! :nailbiter: I'm so looking forward for your next update! Keep up the good job! :thumbsup:

neena

sarNie Adult
SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG!! SPRING BREAK SO WILL TRY TO UPDATE AS MUCH AS I CAN! THANK YOU FOR READING!!

CHAPTER 11 Continued…

The guard didn’t see it coming, Nadech stabbed him in the back, pushed him face first into the dirt flooring and stole his keys.

“Okay, take his keys and open all the cell doors on his wing of the ship. I’m going to the other side. Here’s my sword.” He handed his sword to the girl he chose as the leader. “Be careful.” Nadech was a man who knew how to fight; he was protected unlike the girls. They separated.

Nadech unlocked the last door on the east wing of the ship. He stepped inside the dark room. There was no one around; the room was empty, assuming it was an extra room and relieved all the girls were finally out of the cells, he turns to leave. A girl jumped in front of him socking him right in the eye.

“I have you now! You bastard! Pretending to be Prince Nadech! You ungrateful human being! Prince Nadech is the best! When he finds out what you are up to, he’s going to chop you into pieces!”

The girl began kicking and punching but she always missed him, he kept rolling back and forth on the ground.
“What the hell?! Stop it!” he yelled.

The girl gasps. “You can speak? How is that possible? I was sure you couldn’t speak.”
Nadech stands up. “Tsk, I’m not that mute! I’m…”

The girl jumps onto him before he could say more, strangling him almost. “Prince Nadech!! Is that really you?”
“What the-get off me!” He pushed her off him, before she could start kissing him. He already knew who this was, the only girl who would try her hardest to get his attention. “What are you doing here Baifern?”

Overjoyed, she was confident this was the real Nadech, she couldn’t help herself but cry. “P’Nadech.” She sniffed from crying. “Oh P’Nadech…”

Nadech cleared his throat, getting annoyed. “Okay, stop crying, we have to get you out of here so don’t cry so much or they will hear you.”

“P’Pope lied to me and led me here.” She was hiccupping now from all the crying.

“P’Pope? So that mute was his idea all along. Why would Pope tell you that I am here?" Nadech asked her.
“He…he said I would find you here but he lied! I was deceived by that mute! At first, I thought he was you but then I found out he was a mute after getting locked up in here.” She wipes away her tears before continuing. “The eyes, the nose, mouth…oh my heavens, P’Nadech, you have his hair too!” She wailed, “What have become of your good looks and hairless cheeks and…Oh goodness, staring at you is like staring right at him! Tell me whatever you are wearing is a expensive wig.”

Baifern hasn’t changed one bit since he last saw her, only now grown and much sassier. They were childhood friends, Baifern, Nadech, and Pope. Baifern was always affectionate about Nadech, following him around as a kid; their relationship to her always meant more than sister and brother.

“This person who looks like me, his name is Bai…”

“Bai! That was his name, all the other girls called him by that name! So you know who I’m talking about!”

“Shh…keep it down.”

“Sorry. My mother must be worried for me. I should have returned to Parawat two weeks ago.”

“Why did you come here? Don’t you know it’s dangerous for a princess to travel alone?”

“How would I know that? Yasortorn was always safe to visit when I was younger.”

“Well…now it’s changed a lot, even a prince could be framed into being a mute.”

“P’Nadech, are you talking about yourself?”

Nadech sighed; he’s had to explain every little detail to her since they were kids. “Obviously, good thing I am not Bai or else you would still be locked up.”

Baifern smiled and hugged him again. “I knew you never broke off the engagement or else you wouldn’t be saving me.”
Of course, that engagement, Nadech almost forgotten, the princess his father, betrothed him to before his death. Princess Baifern was from Parawat, the current King was Nadech's god father.The purpose of their engagement was in hopes to strengthen the peace between the two kingdoms for the future generations.

"Tell me, do you know anything about this Bai?"

Baifern shook her head. "I really don't know anything P'Nadech."

"Why am I a fugitive in my own country? This is my first time back in four years."

"You have been away from Yasortorn for four years?"

Nadech nodded. "They have to be after Bai...not me."

"Why would he lie about being you though?"

-

It was time to make a run for it; they didn’t run far from the cell Baifern was locked in before running into Bai. Baifern gasps and hides behind Nadech’s back protecting herself. Bai was standing next to the dead person Nadech had murdered before saving Baifern.
Finally, Nadech came face to face with the man who is labeling himself as the wanted Prince Nadech. Even the real Nadech was amazed at how much they looked alike. It was in a way scary, looking into a mirror somewhat.

Baifern whispered from behind him. “P’Nadech…I am scared.”

“He's a mute..."

"He's still scary!"

"Scary is when he is able to call for help and get us into more trouble."

Without his sword now, Nadech pulls out a dagger he snuck inside his sock and runs toward Bai. Bai pulls out his long sword and swings it towards Nadech. Nadech fell to his knees, bending all the way back as that first swing of Bai’s sword missed him. Nadech got back on his feet, he did a full turn so fast, knocking his strong elbow into Bai’s skull. Bai drops his sword and kneeled before Nadech. Bai was a strong man, he threw his punches being able to knock Nadech a few times. They fought without any weapons, just fists. Nadech protected himself from Bai's strong fists and even learned a few moves from him. To Nadech , it was like fighting against himself, Bai looked so much like him, the long hair, scruffy chin, thick bushy eye brows. Finally, a strong enough punch to the jaw sent Bai to the ground, his mouth and nose bleeding. Nadech couldn’t let him die, not yet. Baifern stare down at Bai's bruised body.

“What are you going to do to him, you’re not going to kill this imposter? It’s a crime to impersonate the royal family.” Baifern argued.

“He’s a mute; he can only take orders not command them. He’s helpless, but the person who gave him this job…should know exactly why he is using my name.”

“How are we going to find him?” Baifern points to Bai’s unconscious body. “He’s close to dying; on top of that he can’t speak. Who is going to tell us who hired him?”

“Eventually, his boss will.” Nadech just thought of a brillant idea. "There has to be a way they brought those girls in here without their consent."

"They were drugged."
-

It was past midnight, Nadech was to meet the other girls outside on deck while the men were off duty for the night. Nadech carried Bai’s heavy body over his shoulder. He held onto Baifern’s hand, keeping her close by. They finally meet the girls on deck. He felt responsible to protect each of them because in a way, it was his fault they were all there.

Quietly through the night, each girl got onto the side boats. Nadech loaded Bai’s body onto the boat. Before Baifern boarded the boat she hugged Nadech one last time.

“Promise you’ll come back to marry me.”

Nadech pats her head. “You don’t want to marry a mute.”

Baifern hits his chest. “I already don’t like your idea.”

“Remember what I told you? He's dangerous, keep the medicine with you at all times, if he wakes up you know what to do. And where are you taking him?”

“Min Island.”

“When you get there, find Mr. Atichart Chumnanon. Explain to him everything. Give him this. He will be able to help you.” Nadech untied the shell necklace he had around his neck, handing it to her. It was the same shell necklace Nadech’s mother had made him while living on Min Island. Aum would know right away it belonged to Nadech.

“Pretty, this is from Min Island. You really lived on Min Island for the past four years?” she asked him.

“I did.”

"I hope I don't find out that you already eloped with a girl there."

Nadech smiled. "Go."

Baifern nodded sadly, “Promise to return as yourself next time we meet. No mustache, beard, long hair…none of that.”

Nadech smiled at Baifern as he let go of the line, lowering the boat slowly down onto the calm waters. "I'll return..." He looked up at the starry night sky, an image of Yaya's smiling face appeared even in those skies. "When the time is right, I'll return."

-

Yasa’s cabinet doors blasted open, two of his guards, drop to their knees at the doorstep.

“Captain, every cell is empty and…and the boats too” One said, afraid to get his face blown off, he kept his eyes on the ground.

“Captain, please spare our lives. We promise none of this would happen again. Thanks to Bai we would have never known, we still have time to find the girls, they wouldn’t have gotten far by foot.”

“Bai!” Yasa yelled.

Nadech stepped into the doorway. He had changed into Bai’s clothes; he had an expressionless face, one just like Bai’s.

-

The new morning sun was slowly rising, as Yasa and his band of pirates run to the ship’s deck. The boats the women rode to shore were empty.

“Damnmit!” Yasa was aiming to slap Nadech (disguised as Bai) across the face but Nadech stepped away in time so the man in front of him got slapped in the face for him. Yasa screamed in distress. "You Fools! Just a bunch of girls and you couldn't keep track of them!?"
Nadech had to keep his cool, now he was Bai, a mute who only obeyed orders. He couldn’t let anyone know he was the real prince. When he stepped away he waved his hands and shook his head pleading with Yasa just like what the real Bai would have done.

“Get those women back! What will happen if they were to get too far?! GO!” Yasa screamed at his crew members after embarrassingly missing Nadech’s face and slapping the other crew member.

-

Nadech along with Yasa’s men rode on the extra boats to shore in search of the women. Yasa’s ship was anchored furthest from the Yasortorn towns to keep the royal army from discovering them. The ship was situated in front of the biggest forest in Yasortorn. Nadech stepped onto the sandy beach with other crew members of Yasa’s group. They had no idea he wasn’t the real Bai. Working for Yasa now, he pretended to search the forest for the girls. He knew the girls had made far enough to reach a village, he helped them escape around midnight.

Soon horses started neighing. The riders turned out to be the royal army, Yasa's ship and men have been found. Yasa’s group was at a disadvantage, they were traveling by foot, and horses were much faster. The brave ones drew their swords while the weak ran for their lives back to the ship where Yasa was waiting, hoping they would return with most of the runaway women. Yasa witnessed his men being driven out of the forests back to his ship. He panicked.

"SET SAIL! SET SAIL!" he commanded the rest of the members on his ship. He was leaving behind the rest of his men still on Yasortorn land. Soon enough, the ship started to move.

As if he was fighting alongside Yasa’s men, Nadech drove his sword through any man who was in the royal army, cutting only through their clothes, missing their bodies by a couple inches. While fighting with Bai earlier he learned what Bai was capable of doing in a fight, he used what he learned to fight, making his disguise believable to Yasa’s men. The fighting continued even as men were retreating to Yasa's ship, dead or alive.

"Don't lose the ship!! Go after the ship!!"

Evidently, the person on the white horse fighting against Yasa's men had enough authority to command the royal army, he was intrigued when he figured it was a woman; she wore a long earthy green dress that draped past her feet, he saw the long straight hair that fell over her chest. The hooded cape covered her face. Swinging his sword past every man as he made his way closer to her. He saw her pointy nose and those long curly eye lashes. Her screams and yells were inaudible to him as he walked on closer to her. She sharply turned to him, saw him and froze. All the fighting that took place around them went on as their eyes locked in this moment. She mouthed, "Nadech."

Nadech’s eyes widen, this was a different Yaya he was staring at. She wasn’t the one he saw that foggy morning when he first returned to Yasortorn. Where was that innocence he saw that day with her in that lavender dress having her hair pinned up? And who was this loud angry person she has turned into?

Nadech watched as Yaya got off her horse, walked to him, raising her sword up high, attempting to strike him with the first hit. She came like a light to him.

Nadech felt a sharp pain to his shoulder, he saw the sword cutting into his flesh but that pain didn’t hurt as much as seeing the person who was holding the sword. He was falling now, but everything felt so much like a dream, for once, he wanted to find out if he was really dreaming. Though painful, with one shoulder being cut by her blade, he reached out with both hands and cupped her tiny face into his palms, bringing her forehead to clash with his. He stared into her eyes as she slowly stopped pressing the sword deeper into his bleeding shoulder.

This was real, they have finally met in the strangest way, her hate for him disappeared, for this moment, the first time in four years she felt this was the Nadech she had always known.

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Nadech and Yaya finally met after four years but under very sad circumstances.

Thanks, Neena for the updates!

Keep up the good work na.

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
Wow, they finally met after 4 years apart!! Thank you so much for the update, Neena!! I can't wait for more!!

neena

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 12: MARRYING A PRINCE
The last four years, Yaya have been on a mission to capture Nadech, in reality, she was after Bai. And between Bai and Yaya, she’s met him several times in the past. Believing Bai was Nadech, she’s wanted to kill him but when closest to that chance, Bai always gets away. She was staring at the real Nadech now who she still is mistaking as Bai. This time, it was different, his eyes says it all. In the past, Bai’s tried everything to escape from her, even fought with her in combat but this was the first time she finally caught him under her sword.
Nadech still held her face in his palm when he fell back onto the soft sand, bringing her down with him. She released the sword she was pressing into his shoulder, having it fall next to them. She was lying on top of him now. He couldn’t say her name; this would give his position away. Nadech could only smile at her, she was disgusted by it. She pushed herself off of him but he grabbed her arms bringing her back down, pressing her chest against his. He only stared at her, examining her with his eyes and hoping she could sense that he was the real Nadech she had known four years ago. Yaya’s had enough of it; quickly she takes the sword beside them, she holds it against his neck, pressing it into his skin.

“You know, I hate that smile of yours. Do you know how hard it is to forget it? I have it in my memory so clearly, it’s a reminder of the day you left me so helplessly, fending for my life…alone.” Nadech was confused enough, but still he wanted to wipe the tears that were developing in her eyes if they spilled down her cheeks.

“You should have known how alone I was but you only smiled...this is why I will always remember it, I was waiting for the day I could ripe that smile off your face…you then that wicked Yasa.”

So much anger, but why? Nadech never left her; neither would he even dream of doing that. Since he’s fallen in love with her, he’s only dreamt of being by her side.

He looked down at the sword she was holding against his neck then his eyes met with hers again. Yaya pressed the blade into his neck making his neck redder. Nadech had to think fast before she could really kill him. With his uninjured hand, he grasps her hand, twisting the blade in her hand away from his neck, she was struggling to keep the sword on his neck but she wasn’t as powerful as him. After he flung the sword away, he wrapped his legs around her hips and rolls her onto her back; he was now on top of her, that smile she hated appeared again, along with his dimples. She was breathing heavily, pushing him off her but he wouldn’t budge. He had to play Bai for just a little longer but it was hard to resist her. He lowered his lips, about to kiss her. Yaya bit her lips tightly together so he wouldn’t be able to touch her lips. She turned her face to the side and squeezed her eyes. To her surprise, Nadech gave her one hard kiss on the side of her forehead, got off her and walked off as if nothing had happened. Yaya sat up and watched him, she touched her forehead, the area he just kissed. He held onto his bloody shoulder and walked to the last boat on his way back to Yasa's ship. Even though she had the chance to kill him, she lost it again but this time, with that kiss, everything about the Nadech she had been chasing has changed.
-
Nadech knew they both were in Pope’s game and knew if he was caught with Yaya he would be discovered and his cover would be ruined. On his own, he was putting the puzzle together; the only reason why she would hate him was because Bai has been impersonating him for the past four years. On top of that, Bai works for Yasa. The way she said his name, Nadech knew Yasa was an enemy of hers. Yaya rode on a white horse which belonged to the Yasortorn palace. Under her draping cape, she wore royal armory, in other words, she had to be working for the palace to find Bai, who to Yasortorn is the wanted Prince Nadech. Only one person could think of such a way to destroy Nadech’s name.

to be continued..this chapter is not done...

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
Thank you, Neena! Wow, Nadech is really a man on a mission! He didn't blow his cover even though he really wanted to continue to hold Yaya so badly!! Please update soon!

neena

sarNie Adult
CONTINUED CH:12...

Having a child with Princess Ja wasn’t what Pope ever wanted in the first place, he’s avoided the thought of bedding her since that first night they spent together on Min Island. For four years, his father, King Aawat and everyone in the royal family have questioned Pope about producing an heir. Time was catching up to him; he couldn’t avoid this any longer. The King has even stepped in to having them spend every night together, undisturbed. While Yaya was out searching for Yasa’s ship and that very same night, had a confrontation with the real Nadech, Pope had to stay back at palace.

This first night of many more nights, he couldn’t get the courage to touch her. In the past, he bedded her for his own reasons, but he never wanted to touch a woman he didn’t love. Ironically, this morning was also the strangest; he was having nightmares all night long. The warmth of fingers on his cheek woke him up. They were Ja’s slim fingers on his cheek. One side of her face rested on his pillow, her eyes closed. He sat up and she felt the moving blanket. She opened her eyes and sat up joining him. She touched his shoulder closest to her.

“Are you okay?” she asked him.

“I—" he swallowed. “I’m fine.”

“Were you having a bad dream? I hope you didn’t mind my hand on your cheek. But it really helped you calm down afterwards.”

Pope looked at Ja, “Thanks.”

Ja smiled. It was rather refreshing that she smiled at him. Even though she was a blind girl, her smile created the warmest atmosphere.

“I should get back to my room then?”

“Yeah…I’ll walk you over there.”

He held her hand while walking her to the door. Their rooms were separated by a door. After he opened her door she walked into her room but turned around to him

“I just wanted to let you know, nights like these don’t have to continue if…we both don’t agree to it. I can speak with his majesty.”

“No…I…it’s me who needs time.

“We’ve been married for four years. I was beginning to think I was wrong but…it was all because of time for you?” Ja was already annoyed with Pope’s reaction, she was a good wife for the past four years. “How much time do you need? After falling in love with you, I stopped considering time.” She sniffed. “Moments with you were enough…sometimes I even wished time had stopped. Like last night…”

Pope has never heard her speak in this way before, a side of her he’s never seen.

“If its time you wish…I won’t be at your doorstep until the night you come to mine, your highness.”

Ja reached for the door knob and flung the door closeing it before Pope. She turned around and covered her mouth, hoping he wouldn’t be able to hear her crying. Pope walked away from the door, he was thinking of what she said. He knew he was wrong for making her wait however, now he was eager then ever to find out what he meant to Yaya.

-

Yaya rode back to the palace on her white horse, an army riding behind her. Throughout the whole ride, all she ever thought about was Nadech and that forehead kiss he gave her. She never imagined he would try seducing her. In the past, Bai never tried. After walking her horse into the stable, Pope followed her inside; he had his hands crossed behind his back, he even frightened her when she turned and he was behind her all along. They were alone after Pope dismissed everyone.

“You scared me.” She told him, she walked right past him.

He turned. “I have something to say to you.”

Yaya stopped and turned around to him again. “Yes, your highness.”

He yelled, having enough of her formality. “Can you stop acting like we don’t informally know each other?”

Yaya frowned. “What are you talking about?”

Pope blurted out whatever was on his mind, “I love you. There I said it…I love you…even after four years I still love you.”

Yaya looked down and sighed, feeling most uncomfortable. She was gathering all her strength to say what she is about to say. “I should have told you this earlier but I can’t love you…not in such a way.”

Pope walks to her, grabs her arms, literally shaking her. “Don’t you see how much I am suffering just to be by your side?! Or do you still think of him?!”

Yaya breaks her arms away from his harsh hold. “Do you actually think I can’t survive without loving a person, if I don’t think of you, I’m thinking of him? Your highness, there is much more to think about then planning some love story. If you don’t happen to know, I am always thinking of how my mother is doing, my life back on Min Island, but most importantly, the well-being of Princess Ja.” She wanted to let him know whose husband he was. “She is important not only to me but the royal family of Yasortorn. You both are the future of Yasortorn. I would never come between that.” Yaya turned her back and walked away.

Anger was building inside him but he had no choice but to keep it unleashed. No one saw his love and now the only person he’s ever loved was turning her back on him. At this moment, his faith in love disappeared. Pope returned to his bedroom chambers, he knocked down all his lamps, cleared his desk of papers onto the carpeted floor and screamed out in anguish.

-

YASA’S SHIP.

Pope made an appointment to go out to sea to meet with Yasa. Yasa spotted Pope’s rolling boat headed towards his ship through his telescope. After boarding the ship, Pope was greeted by Yasa. Pope was disguised; he was wearing an umbrella shaped bamboo helmet that covered half of his face. He was dressed like a fisherman, simple shirt and pants.

Yasa coughed into his cup of tea. “What? You want Bai to marry Yaya? I’m sorry your highness, I didn’t get that on you, did I?”

Pope sighed and set his cup of tea on the table between them, he nodded. “Maybe it’s my sin, for killing Nadech four years ago. I know she still thinks of him. She must really love him, I have been after her for four years, still her feelings for me are--I've heard her said it once, it's even hard to repeat it." He massages his forehead.

“Now…why would you want her to marry Bai?”

“In this lifetime, they will never be able to be together, he's dead, I killed him, but I also want to kill her, much slower, more painful. I will make her pay for how much she has hurt me. She still thinks Bai is Nadech, finding out who she really ends up with will be an enjoying show to watch, don’t you think?”

“Brilliant! Your highness, brilliant!” Yasa laughed sinisterly.

Nadech steps through the doorway, his long hair and bangs really fooled Pope into believing he was also Bai. Nadech was staring at the cousin who tried killing him, his hands turned into fists as he remembered how hard it was to recover from that existing scar Pope gave him four years ago. He’s heard every word and knew this game was going to take a sharp turn.

OMG! I just started this FF yesterday and all caught up!!! Now I am screaming ..... Hehe. Can't wait til they get married and"surprise" ... Pope's plan will back fire on him! Gotta love that! Thanks for a wonderful story ... Update soon ka.

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid
Gosh, this is getting sooooo good!! Thanks again for the update, Neena!! I can't wait...Nadech will surprise everyone!! Wow, I got to say Pope is really evil. I wonder what will happen to him in the end!! I'm eagerly waiting for the next chapter!!

chubbycheeks

imma kick ur-ass-aya !
I finally got the chance to catch up with this FF and I'm super loving it Neena! I feel bad for everyone esp Ja and loath Pope with a passion. I can't wait to see how his plan backfires him. Thank you!

neena

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 13: NOTES OF LOVE AND SORROW

Some servants had snitched and it was revealed to the Queen that Yaya was with the crown prince in the stables.

“Was it you or not?” asked the Queen.

“Yes, your majesty.” Yaya admitted. Her head down.

“What were you doing with the Crown Prince when all this time we have been arranging every time possible to have him be with the Princess? How sneaky are you to have alone time with him out in broad day light?!”

“I am just a seamstress from Min Island here for Princess Ja, your majesty. Romantically, I wouldn't dare to think of his royal highness.”

“And you assume others will think that? This place is no playground for you to be seen with just anyone, especially Crown Prince Thanawaht. To think, my son is even a little bit interested in you, you must be dreaming. Min Islanders who have no status, they are the lowest people I know.”

Yaya stared up at the Queen. “I-I will remember, your majesty…”

The Queen smirked assuming all was well, she had won.

Yaya wasn’t finished. “…where I come from we may not have your kind of status. We may seem barbaric with our lifestyles but…” Yaya smiled, remembering her home on Min Island. “…this coldness within these palace walls has made me realized; it doesn’t make sense to want what you have, your majesty.”

“How dare you speak against me?...do you know—“

“I know exactly who I am before, and you have insulted more than one person, your majesty. If you could recall, your son whom you accused me of having an affair with is married to Princess Ja of Min Island. Min Island, land to the lowest people you know. She left her home to live here as your daughter-in-law, keeping the peace between your country and hers, does it make sense to speak of her people in that way?”

The Queen rolled her eyes in embarrassment before her other servants.

“Your majesty, it really does not matter what you say about me, however one word about Min Island and I will let you know exactly where I stand with my feelings.”

The Queen couldn’t believe what she was hearing. She clutched her chest in distress. “Oh heavens, you little witch. Just because the Princess gives you what you want...you dare to---"

The doors flies open and Pope was standing outside the doors. Yaya turns around wondering what his business was to come here, she was already in enough trouble because of him.

-

Pope meets with his mother after they dismissed everyone from the room and Yaya was sent to the dungeons for her thoughtless words to the Queen.

“What? Are you out of your mind?” The Queen yelled at Pope. “Now, she is just a lowly, smart talking seamstress but you want to raise her rank to ladyship? No, absolutely not! Have you heard what that wrench said to me? Heroic, isn’t she? I’m going to show her exactly who I am." She turned to Pope again after getting carried away, bashing Yaya with every bad word in the dictionary. “But you! How could you even think of such a disastrous idea? If she was to be a Lady one day what will become of it? No. I will not let this happen.”

“Would you listen to me just for once?”

The Queen sighed and sat on her big comfy chair again. “Fine. This better be a good idea.”

-

Around midnight, when the moon was at its brightest, in the old King’s corridors, the door cracked open and Nadech slid inside quickly. He pulled down the black cloth covering his face, knowing now he was safe, no one comes around to his late father's bedroom chamber but once a year to clean it. He opened the dusty trunk at the foot of the king sized bed. Inside laid some of his father’s favorite things. But Nadech wasn’t looking for those. Being clueless as to why his father died, this was his chance to find out what was really going on in the palace. His father would never hide his most precious things in the most obvious places. Nadech searched around the room looking for anything that may mean the most to his father. He walked back and forth on the carpeted floor but started to feel the unevenness from one end of the carpet to the other under his feet. After flipping the carpet over, he walked over the wooden floor a few times, tapping the heel of his boot against the wood flooring, figuring out where the hollowness was. The wooden floor popped open like a door when Nadech finally figured how to open it. Beneath the wooden floor a black notebook laid untouched and dusty. By the moon’s light formed through the only window in the room, Nadech flipped through the notebook with his finger, his father’s life came alive in his eyes.

The first random entry he read from his father’s words. “Today, I met the most beautiful girl with the most unique name, much simpler than mine, Pim. If fate obliges, I will call her name for the rest of my life.”

Nadech smiled, this was his first insight on his parent’s love story. He continued on and found many entries about himself.

His father wrote. “My little prince is asleep, I’m happy he looks like his mother, hopefully, he’s as free spirited.”

Nadech flipped on, passing the middle. His father had so many entries; it was hard to read them all now. This next entry, Nadech could imagine, his mother had told him the same story in her own perspective. He pictured his father watching the same chimney his mother watched that day. The smoke shot out into the clear blue sky reminding everyone of the final phrase of a funeral procession.

“I never imagined I would be sending you away like this. We loved each other enough to bring Nadech into this world. Or were you persuaded to change the courses of our fate?” read the entry.

Both his parents were separated without knowing what had really happened to the other. All those years thinking the other was really dead was all trickery played on them. Their love ruined, their innocent lives jeopardized. Nadech was disgusted and was ready to hurt those who were able to play this sick game with his parent’s live. But he carried on and read, hoping his father would mention or give clues as to who these people were.
Nadech read a page entitled, "Facts about Zinc." He's heard of the metallic chemical element while abroad but what was his father's need to learn about it.
The next entry read. “If we meet in the next life, let’s take those long strolls we missed. Let’s raise another son like Nadech and give him lots of other siblings to play with. We won’t be separated while on our paths in life because I’ll ask for a quiet one. One just like the one we had on Min Island.”
Nadech flipped to the last page, pieces of parchment paper fell onto the floor. His eyes sparkling with tears, amazed at the amount of love his father had for his mother. He kneeled to retrieve the papers. Standing up, he held it up into the light reading what it said, the first one then the next. What he found was the prescription his father was receiving from the royal doctor. It had a high dosage of zinc. Nadech’s eye brows arched, who would try putting it in the King’s prescription?

-

Yaya received 30 whips to her back for speaking against the Queen. It was also announced to her that her wedding with a Lord Bai will take place in a day. Of course Yaya opposed to the decision made by the Queen. The real punishment will come when Yaya marries the Lord, never to see Min Island again. Yaya will become a Yasortorn citizen for the rest of her life.

The back of her shirt was shredded. Yaya’s body was trembling even as she tried walking back to her room. Princess Ja heard of the news and ordered a loyal servant to wash Yaya’s scars for her. After the servant led Yaya into her room, Nadech came out from the dark corner he hid in from the footsteps Yaya and the servant were making, he sensed something was wrong with the appearance of Yaya's limping walk.

Laying her chin on her arms, Yaya’s tears couldn’t stop dripping down her cheeks. She tried imagining her mother as much as possible because soon chances of seeing her wouldn’t exist anymore. On the bed, she lay topless on her belly, her long silky hair draped over her chest, the scars were still bleeding and each time the servant wet the scar, Yaya endured the painful stings. Wiping away her tears, she had to think of a way to get out of this marriage and return to Min Island.

Nadech carried a good amount of the drug Yasa uses to bring girls upon his ship with him in case he had to put a few in deep sleeps. Eager to see Yaya, he knocked on the wooden door to Yaya’s room. Not knowing of Nadech’s cruel intentions, the servant left Yaya’s side to see who was at the door. She opened the door, before she could scream, quickly and quietly he covered her mouth with the cloth.

After dragging the servant’s body into the dark corner, he returns to the room where Yaya was. He sat down on the edge of her bed, beside her bruised body. She wasn’t facing him so she didn’t realize he was there. Staring at her scars, he knew exactly how she was feeling. Nadech took the wet towel the servant had used earlier and pressed it against her skin, wiping away the dead blood. Her droopy eyes were trying to stay open and she only thought the only other person in the room was the servant.

She sniffed away the cries. “How will I ever meet you again mom? I miss you so much; come to my dreams at least…come to my dreams at least…”she repeated to herself until she fell asleep.

Nadech leaned over her shoulder to peak at her sleeping face. He whispered. “Hang in there, Yaya…I promise…” He touched the scars on her bare back with his warm fingers and she quivered. “You will never marry Lord Bai.”

He continued wiping away every last drop of blood. If it took him a whole night, so be it, as long as he was with her. When he was finally finished, he took the blanket from underneath her, wrapping it all around her body, leaving just her shoulders bare.

“Nadech...Nadech…”

He thought she awake but realized she was speaking in her sleep. All this time, she showed him so much hate but he was touched at how much she really missed him. Nadech put his arm under her head, acting as a pillow. He caressed her soft pink cheek with the other hand then pulled her into his chest embracing her tightly. He slept smelling her fragrant hair through the night.