1805, Min Island

neena

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 16: AND THE TRUTH WAS...

TIME TURNED BACK, King Virote was sitting opposite his only brother, than Prince Aawat.
King Virote smiled. “You’ve been a kind brother. If…in the past I’ve made any mistakes…I would like to take this time apologize.”

Prince Aawat stares at his elder brother, hoping he hasn’t a clue about what was really going on. Virote smiled back at his brother, it was a smile that would haunt Aawat for the rest of his life, the innocence and sadness Virote displayed had Aawat nervous.
"If anything you were the best a brother could ask for.” Aawat answered.

“Really?” Virote asked back.

“Of course. I raise a toast to this, my brother.” Aawat lifted his glass up offering to make a toast.

“No.” Virote stopped his younger brother from drinking. “
Aawat put the glass back down on the table. "What's the matter?"
"Personally, I have been wanting to raise a toast to you, my younger brother.” Virote lifted his glass, with a smile he drank all the wine in the glass.
Aawat watched. Virote’s smile disappeared. “Another toast?" Virote poured himself another glass. "To be honest, this one is a wish rather than a toast." Virote finished the second glass. "I wish...if time could be turned back, I would have asked father to give you the crown, then you wouldn’t have to work so hard to get rid of me.”

Aawat’s eyes widen, his hands shaking from being scared. There was tension in the room and silence filled the air.

“I guess you didn’t know that I was doing a little research of my own...you were consumed by power, enough to safrifice me, weren't you? Honestly, if I knew sooner than now, I…would have given you a full punishment but…after much thought...I kept taking it. You know why?"
Aawat sighed, not knowing how to answer back.
"Because Yasortorn needs a strong leader. They also need you more than me…right?” asked Virote. “What you are doing for Yasortorn then…I can forgive. However…as your elder brother, I don’t know if I can forgive you...if I was destined to lose so much, including you as my brother then you should have finished me off quickly. Why torment me slowly? So I would die thinking you were never the one behind it? No matter what, sooner or later someone will know."
“Papa.”

King Virote turned around and there stood ten year old Nadech outside the door, holding his blanket, rubbing his drowsy eyes. King Virote turned around to look at his brother one last time, "I made a wish that will never come true but I hope yours does."
King Virote stood up from his chair and walked to Nadech, picking him up, embracing him with hugs and kisses.
“The sun is setting, should we go watch it together?” Virote asked his son. Nadech had the biggest smile on his face when his father asked this. He nodded.

Father and son, held each other’s hands, walking out, skipping a few steps on their way until suddenly down the long hallway King Virote collapsed. Crown Prince Nadech cried for his dying father asking him to wake up but he wasn't waking up.
Prince Aawat walked to the door, his legs heavy. He witnessed his elder brother fall; his face showed no sadness only fear. He didn’t put anything in the wine this time, Aawat knew his elder brother must have put something in the wine himself or else he would have never stopped Aawat from drinking with him. Aawat slowly shut the doors even when crown prince Nadech was crying beside his father to return to him. Like closing a chapter of a book, this cruel chapter in Aawat's life was closed forever.

Being a ten year old, Nadech watched his father die before him and for the first time in his life, Nadech watched the sun set alone that fateful night.

-

PRESENT TIME
Nadech shut the notebook he found in his father’s room. He remembered that day when his father died, it played so clearly in his mind and now he knew exactly what happened with the help of Yasa’s story and his father’s notebook, Nadech put the last pieces of the puzzle together. Nadech opened the book again and tore the pages out, ripping them into shred. His face stained with tears. His father died of a broken heart.

Back at the mansion that evening, Yaya was heading back to her room which overlooked the open courtyard. It was around the corner, when she turned, Nadech was sitting on the opposite side of her door, one leg stretched out while the other bent up to support his arm. His sleeping head fell back, resting underneath the balcony wall. Yaya looked around but it was getting late so there wasn’t anyone around. She rolled her eyes and entered her room. A few hours past, Yaya couldn’t fall asleep, she was curious as to if Nadech was still sitting outside her door.
Already in her sleeping gown Yaya stepps outside her door; he was still sitting in the same position. Yaya sighed.

“He’s acting like a lost puppy with no home. But my bedroom is no home.”
Yaya pitied the way he was sleeping so she grabbed an extra pillow in her room for him. She kneeled beside him. Using both hands, she turned his face over to her side while the moonlight shined down revealing his face much clearly to her. A drop of tear streamed down his eye, than Yaya held his face still, she watched the tear fall and wondered what hardship he was going through. The moonlight turned his face into a lighter complexion; he looked so innocent, just like the Nadech she only dreamt of. Yaya lifted her fingers to erase the tear from his face; she got a little teary herself, wanting so much to understand every misunderstanding that was going on between them.

When Nadech yawned in his sleep she quickly took her hands off his face, hoping he wouldn't wake up to find that she was staring at him in his sleep. With no support, Nadech fell forward and their heads budded.
“Ah.” She cried in a whisper. Yaya squeezed her eyes, taking in the pain she felt when their foreheads clashed. When she opened her eyes again, he was still fast asleep, he didn't feel anything. She felt his breath against her lips, the tips of their noses almost touching, their foreheads touching. The night was dead quiet but only the crickets and the beating of her heart was heard. Yaya was lost, staring at him.

Slowly, staying in the same position, Yaya picked up the pillow with her free hand and throws it behind Nadech. Yaya grabbed his shoulders and pushed him away, making sure not to wake him up. She brought him down onto the pillow, resting one side of his face gently on the pillow facing her bedroom door. She sighed tiredly, this was harder work then she intended it to be. Yaya walked back into her room, closing the door behind her. Halfway to her bed she turned around and went back to reopen her door. Nadech was there, lying exactly how she left him. Feeling that he would be alone, Yaya opened her door wide enough to fully see him. Returned to her bed, covered the blanket up to her chin and look out the door at Nadech’s sleeping face until she fell asleep.
"Who are you really trying to be? Suddenly...you transformed back to Nadech's old self. After I leave tomorrow, will you be this way?"

TO BE CONTINUED WITH THIS CHAPTER...

shengvang

sarNie Adult
yes, i finally caught up to all of the chapter and i have to say, you seriouly are good at writing out all of the plots and setting. it must take a lot of brianstrorming to write such a good storyline like this one. im loving all of yadech scene together. but i do hope yaya can forgive nadech soon! thank you soooo much for the update na ja! and awwwwww yaya left the door open just so she can see nadech!

neena

sarNie Adult
CONTINUED…

Morning came around; Nadech opened his eyes, staring at the ceiling. He looked around to find no one. Nadech quickly stood up when he figured he was sleeping in the hallway. He picked up the pillow and walked to Yaya’s bedroom door. He knocked a few times but there wasn’t an answer from Yaya. The bedroom door wasn’t locked so Nadech peeked inside. Already the bed was made and everything on the table drawer with the mirror was gone. He rushed over to the closet and found it empty as well.

To the stables he ran to hoping she hasn’t left yet. Yaya was almost done packing when she heard Nadech yelling out her name outside the stable doors. Panicking, she jumps on her horse and rides out of the stable, passing Nadech on the way, leaving him coughing from the dirt and dust the horse kicked up.

“Yaya!” he yells after her. He couldn't outrun a horse so Nadech enters the stable to get his own horse. He rides after Yaya.

Just when Yaya thought she got away, she looked back and Nadech was already catching up to her. They rode off the mansion property and into the wooded forests. After a while of chasing, they reached prairies, the ground was much easier to run on for the horses. Nadech rode up next to Yaya and her horse.

“What are you doing?!” He was getting angry. “Stop right now!” She wouldn’t though; she kept going regardless of what Nadech said. “When I get my hands on you…really…I’m going to…”

They were riding next to each other, closer than ever, their horses were just inches apart. Being a gifted rider, Nadech didn’t need both hands to control his horse, fearless; he took this chance, wrap ping one of his arms behind her neck, pulling her to his side. Struggling to break free, she tried pushing him away with one hand but he pulled her even closer.

“What are you trying to do, you crazy man! Kill us?!”

“Wouldn’t that be good?” He smirked. “I can die lying next to you.”

Yaya’s eyes widen, Nadech looked at his bride with a smile before he was to do something he's been wanting to do. While their horses were slowing down, Nadech sweeps the hair away from her face and sealed her dry lips with his. Like magic, the horses stopped. Nadech covered her jaw with his hand before he could deepen the kiss she slaps his face away. He grasps both her wrists, holding them tightly so she wouldn’t be able to hit him again.

“Did you actually think I would be able to let you get away this easily?”

Yaya rolled her eyes, like a dream the Nadech she saw last night seemed so gentle in his sleep and his tears tricked her into thinking he wasn’t able to force her to do what he wanted but she was wrong, he was still determined as ever and now, he forced a kiss upon her, this angered her.

“And did you actually think this is the last time I will try to run away?” she shot back.
Nadech leaned closer to her again. “I won't let that happen again, not until you fall madly in love with me and I become the only person you trust in this world, it's then that you will not be able to break away from me...I will let you go as far as you want because surely you will come back to me. If you leave now, I know you will never come back."

Yaya rolled her eyes. She shakes his hands off hers but he wouldn't let go, he only stared at his bride.

Nadech tied a rope around his waist and hers to make sure they were following each other. They were on their way back to the mansion but got lost on the way.

"We were here earlier." complained Yaya.

Again they circled back to the same area until late in the afternoon.

"The horses are tired." said Yaya. "And." Her stomach growls.

They were in front of a wooden house. "Eh, someone's house. There is smoke coming from the chimney." He grinned at Yaya. "Looks like your stomach has a mind of its own."

Yaya was angry with his teasing and was pretending to hit him in the head while he wasn't looking.

Thanks Neena for the updates na..... it's so good and so sad too. I feel so sad for Nadech and can't wait for him and Yaya to reconcile and understand each other soon. Time seems to be precious to them both, I hope they won't go wasting on misunderstanding when they are together.....they were a part for so long, missing each other and hating in Yaya's part... Let love save them both! lol

neena

sarNie Adult
CHAPTER 17: JEALOUSY FILLS THE AIR

The wooden house had an eerie feel to it even as Nadech and Yaya rode their horses up to the house modeled after a traditional Thai house which rose high above the ground.
“This is a strange place.” Yaya commented on the place.
“I wonder who lives here.”
As soon as they reach the front of the house, out of nowhere, an old man with nothing on but his sarong to cover his bottom half jumps out, scaring the horses Nadech and Yaya were riding.

“What’s the meaning of this?!” yelled Nadech angrily.
The old man gasps in surprise when he looks at Nadech the second time clearly. He drops to his knees, bowing his head several times.
“His majesty, the King…please forgive me for frightening you. If I had known better, I would have never acted in this way. Please forgive me.”
“You are mistaken; I am not his majesty the King.”
The old man looked up to take another look at Nadech. He bows again. “You have not aged one bit. You are still the humble King Virote I once served. I can never forget a face like yours, King Virote.”
“Wait, you’re talking about my father, the late King Virote.”
The old man grabs Nadech’s arm, while squeezing it underneath his hand, he stares into Nadech’s eyes. “The crown prince of Yasortorn…is that you?"
A woman walks out the front door and stops to stare at Nadech, it was as if she was seeing a ghost in front of her. It appears she was the old man’s wife.
-
Nadech was sitting opposite the old man in their small dining area on the ground. A feast was laid out before them for a late afternoon lunch.
“Tell me, what you know about my late father.”
“My name is Boonmee, I was once his majesty’s most loyal eunuch, I knew everything about his majesty, his hardships, his happiness…and nothing made him as happy as your mother.”
Nadech looked down to hide away incoming tears.
“I knew too much about his majesty, I was also a threat to your uncle and his plans to capture Min Island.”
“Capture Min Island…?”
“It was a part of his plan all along, even before your parents eloped. Your uncle has had his eye on Min Island, hoping to turn the country into a part of Yasortorn. Back than, this was why both your uncle and father visited the island with plans to overtake the country but…things didn’t go as planned. Your father married your mother and became King, deciding to leave Min Island as its own sovereign state. Your uncle lost Min Island and the throne to Yasortorn.”
“So he tried to ruin his own brother, took a mother away from her husband and child…and…named himself King.” Nadech was disgusted with his uncle’s evil plans.
“Yes and now take Min Island again. The King of Min Island is in favor of having your cousin remain crown prince…he will like to have a King as his son-in-law one day, what he doesn’t know is that his own country will be run by Yasortorn in the end.”
“Then we must persuade him, either way he will learn the hard way, why not let him know earlier then late.”
Boonmee nodded, agreeing with Nadech. “I think I might be able to help you, there are still few who are like me...who rebel against your uncle. Ah, your highness, I’ve been meaning to ask you…”
“Yes.”
“Who was the young lady who rode here with you? May I ask what her name is?”
“Yaya Urassaya.”
“She is a royal seamstress.”
“How do you know of this?”
“I thought she looked familiar.”
“What do you mean? Have you been acquainted with her?”
“No, your highness, but on certain occasions I do make trips out to the market. Recently, I have seen her drawing in the paper. Why are you with Prince Thanawaht’s mistress?”

Nadech was shocked to find out what the paper read. Apparently someone from the palace had sold the story to the newspaper. If Pope could convince Yaya to hate Nadech this much, surely, Yaya could have loved Pope and they could have had an affair. Nadech was anxious to find out, the heat in his face rose, he was jealous his girl didn’t want to be with him because her heart was with his cousin.
-
Meanwhile, Mrs. Boonmee and Yaya were bathing the horses out on the creek close to the old couple’s house. Afterwards, Yaya was exhausted and decided this was her chance to finally bath in a sarong, the way she use to on Min Island. She tied the sarong above her chest and pinned up her long silky hair that now felt like straws after hours of being in the sun.

Underneath the water she went, popping up once in a while to get fresh air. Again, she raised her head up to breath in air then sank down again, a few seconds later she popped up her head again, looking for her clothes. They disappeared. Yaya stepped out of the water to search for her clothes. All she had on now was her sarong.
“Looking for these?” asked Nadech, he was holding onto her clothes.
“What are you doing? Give those back.”
Nadech holds it over the pool of water.
“Don’t you dare drop those, those are my only spare clothing.”
“You’ll have to wait for them to dry so we’ll have to stay here until they dry, right?”
“I will walk back in this sarong if I have to.”
“Really? You wouldn’t mind that?”
“If-if I have to, I will, I’m sure some of the men wouldn’t mind it either.”
Angered by her smart comment, Nadech drops them into the water. Yaya gasps as she watches her clothes float in the water.
“I can’t believe you!” She goes into the water to retrieve her clothes.
-
On their way back through the dirt road, Nadech was irritated by what he heard earlier from Boonmee, he couldn’t get the image of Yaya in Pope’s arms. He didn’t wait for Yaya and walked so fast she couldn’t catch up.
“Why are you walking so fast? My legs…”
Nadech turned around and shot a look she was even afraid of. He didn’t say a word and continued to walk.
-
After hanging her wet clothes on the line, dinner was served, the sun was just beginning to set, and there was still time to head back to the mansion. Yaya sat closest to Mrs. Boonmee while Nadech closest to Mr. Boonmee at the dinner table. Nadech was rather quiet and Yaya couldn’t figure out what his problem was. Everyone ate their dinner in silence.
“Thank you for the dinner, I think its best we head back before night falls.”
Nadech puts down his spoon. “Please prepare a one bed room for us.”
Yaya turned to Nadech in surprise. She whispers. “If we head back now…”
Nadech wasn’t listening; he kept his eyes fixed on Mr. Boonmee. “My wife and I will stay here for the night.”
“Y-your wife…?” Mr. Boonmee thought he had insulted Prince Nadech’s wife by addressing her as Pope’s mistress earlier, he thought he was to blame for the quiet dinner they were having.

CHAPTER, TO BE CONTINUED....

shengvang

sarNie Adult
neena, THANK YOU soooo much for the update na ja!

YES, we get to see the jealousy nadech!!! lol...omg i want to know what that jealousy of his is going to turn into. R-scene here we come :blush: :lol: !!!! I'm soooo excited for the next chapter.

neena

sarNie Adult
After dinner, Nadech and Boonmee sat down to chat, hatching a plan to overthrow King Aawat. Of course, even when Mr. Boonmee was speaking, Nadech’s mind wondered off. He thought of only Yaya. Yaya too was thinking of him, she sat by the window and stared into the starry night, figuring out what happened between them. She was angered by his behavior at dinner and didn’t want to speak to him but there were those memorable moments when she just wanted to embrace him. Yaya squeezed her eyes, hoping this would get those sappy moments out of her mind. Her only feeling for him right now should be anger, she reminded herself.
The bedroom door swung open. Nadech stood outside the door, staring at Yaya. She stood up quickly.
“The-the bed can only fit one person, I made a bed over there for myself.”
“Is that so? Who said a single bed is too small to fit two bodies? Besides, it’s just a better excuse to not use a blanket at night, just embracing each other will do.”
“Uh…we are not sharing one bed.”
“Why? Would you rather share it with someone else?”
“Are you trying to start something or just getting me angry a new task in your job?”
Nadech begins walking towards her. “Is it true?” His hands held onto the newspaper behind his back. Nadech held up the newspaper in front of her. “You were with Pope these past four years.”
“Where did you get that?” Yaya tries stealing the paper from Nadech’s hand. Jumping up and down, following the newspaper with her eyes in every way Nadech waved it.
Nadech held it up high so she wouldn’t be able to reach it. “Strange, if this isn’t true, you wouldn’t try so hard to take it from me.”
Yaya jumps and finally snatches it from him. She skims through it.
“Was he the one you wanted to share a bed with? Or have you already done that?”
“For a second the other night, I really thought you were someone I was hoping you’d be...but...with what you just said...changed everything about it. You are easily fooled.”
“I am easily fooled?!” Nadech takes her hands, pulls her up against his chest. “For the past four years, he has fed you lies about me causing you to hate me and now…!” Nadech was out of breath from yelling at her. “When I am standing here in front of you…you are still thinking of him…” His eyes lowered. “Aren’t you?”
Yaya swallowed. “You believe that news more than me...this is why you are acting this way with me. What words of mine will you actually believe now even if I was to tell you otherwise?”
“Looks like we both can’t trust one another...right? And this marriage, did you even for a second take it—“
She interrupted him. “No. I never once took this marriage seriously. Everything about this marriage is a joke. For once, I thought of only myself and how I would live it, but why is it that when I wish for something I don’t want, I get. Even fate isn’t on my side.”
Nadech smirked. “This was a mere joke for you?”Nadech turns her around, twisting her wrist behind her back. He tears the gown she was wearing down the center as buttons flew every direction, revealing her bare back to him. He stared at the scars he once wiped the blood from, he whispered into her ear. “We are going to spend the night on this single bed...I take it that this will be a joke for you after tomorrow morning?”
Yaya was struggling to break free from his hold but it didn’t work. “Let go of me!” she demanded. She stomped the heel of her foot on his toes and he released her, holding in a cry, enduring the pain he was feeling through his foot.
Yaya was just about to punch him in the face, but he was quicker, his hands grabbed her cheeks, his lips found hers. He kissed her hard on the lips. Yaya pushed him away but he wouldn’t release her, he had her the way he wanted. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, squeezing her into him. She tried wiggling free of him but nothing worked.
Mr. and Mrs. Boonmee were still awake, sitting in the living room located under the bedroom where Nadech and Yaya were staying. They looked at each other.
“Their making a lot of noise, do you think they are fighting? Earlier, her husband didn’t look too happy.” Mrs. Boonmee commented.
Mr. Boonmee shook his head no.
Continually, she shoved him and punched him on the arms but he wouldn’t release her. He kept pushing her towards the bed behind until they fell onto it. As they slammed their heavy bodies on the single sized bed, the two bed posts at the ends of the bed each broke in two, the bed collapsed onto the wooden floor.
Mrs. Boonmee was frightened by the sound of the collapsing bed she heard from upstairs. “What was that?”she asked her husband.
Mr. Boonmee had the dust from the ceiling fall onto his balding head. He looked up at the ceiling too along with his wife.
The thin mattress slid down with them lying on it, Nadech’s muscular chest still pressed against hers. Nadech’s lips left hers for a brief moment when the bed collapsed but he got right back up, kneeling on the mattress, grabbing a fistful of her hair from behind and tilting her head back to seal his lips with hers again. Yaya was breathless, she couldn’t fight anymore. She brought her hands to her sides and stopped struggling beneath him. When he finally noticed, he stopped and stared down at her.
“Why did you stop? Isn’t it perfect that come tomorrow, I will look at this as a joke, nothing was real for me so you can do whatever.”
Nadech just kept staring at her, he was speechless. Yaya turned away from him, the tears in her eyes spilled down her cheeks. Nadech sighed and sat down next to her on the mattress, now so bent; it was like a folded couch. He leaned back down on the mattress and pulled her down with him. He turned to stare at her, his hand reached out to cover her small hand.
“Nothing…ever with you is a joke…to me…”He kisses her forehead. “This is the most real it can get.”
“And this...”He snuggles closer to her and rests his cheek just above her breasts, wrapping his arm around her tiny waist, pulling her in like a body pillow.
Nadech closed his eyes. Even after he was long asleep, she lay there wondering, her head rested on top of his, caressing his wavy hair with her fingers until she couldn’t think anymore and fell asleep. This first big fight ended with them sleeping in each other’s arms and a broken bed.

Kittiya

sarNie Juvenile
Awe... How sweet, they fell asleep in each other's arms... Thank you so much for the update... Cant wait for more ... :)

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
Thanks again, Neena for another great update!

I'm so glad they have finally be together after four long years and it was even sweeter this time now that they are married.

oh Neena --- broken bed and they spent the night in each other arms! wooo hooo. lol.. Next time, please break the whole bed and be more productive na. hahaha.... j/k j/k ka.... can't help na... you did give me a broken bed scene to read. :)

zazoured

sarNie Juvenile
Neena ? Neena ? Where are youuuuuuu ?????

Please , please, don't abandon us on this broken bed ... lol !
That last chapter was so hot ! It looked like the future could become so much brighter for Yadech after this.... But, but ... No update .... Snif, snif !.... I am really missing your story now, anticipating what could be coming next .
Your FF is one of the finest around, I hope you will decide soon to come back to it and give us a few more exiting chapters to bite on !
Pleeeaaaassseeeee , Neenah , Come back to us really soonnnnnnnnn !!!!!!!!! :D

Kittiya

sarNie Juvenile
Agree with Zazoured, please come back and finish what was started... :( 1..2..3.. waiting... 4..5..6..still waiting and will continue to count until you return... :cry:

Kittiya

sarNie Juvenile
You still missing.... Where are you? Please come back, we have been waiting for you... Pls update soon...

neena

sarNie Adult
HELLO I AM VERY SORRY FOR THE LONG HIATUS. I WASN'T INSPIRED FOR A WHILE BUT SINCE SEEING TNNKK AND YADECH TOGETHER AGAIN, BROUGHT MY SPIRITS BACK UP! SO HERE IS THE RETURN OF THE AWAITED 1805 MIN ISLAND!! ENJOY!

CHAPTER 18:

After what felt like the longest sleep in his life, Nadech opened his eyes to the smell of Yaya’s scented skin. His head laid next to her bare shoulder, both of her hands rested beneath her cheeks, eyes closed. His lips curved into a smile as he sweeps his thumb across her full lips. Nadech leans forward and plants a soft kiss on her lips.

Nadech whispered, “This is unbearable…” Nadech’s eyes glistened with tears, he was overcome with guilt for lying and not being able to confess every feeling he has for her when she is awake to hear it. “If you knew what I was going through, I wouldn’t have to steal these kisses secretly from you, right?”
-
Yaya opened her eyes and sat up, she was still sitting on the mattress that slid off the bed frame her and Nadech broke the previous night. Nadech’s words echoed in her mind like a disappearing dream, was it a dream she thought. She looked around the room but he was nowhere in the room. Yaya opened the wooden window and stared outside. The sun hid behind dark clouds left behind from last night’s storms. They slept through the night and didn’t even hear a sound of thunder. The storm left the air outside chilly.

Mrs. Boonme knocked on the door before letting herself into the room. She gasped when saw the broken bed and Yaya standing alone by the window. What Mrs. Boonmee meant to say in her head, she said out loud, “Oh my…what exactly did they do here…”
Yaya embarrassingly turned away.
-
Before breakfast, Nadech had volunteered to go to the morning market to purchase extra ingredients for the morning meal; he dragged Yaya along rather she agreed or not. Mornings were most crowded in the market, vendors were beginning to open and the freshest vegetables were being sold.

While in the market, Nadech suddenly disappeared from Yaya’s side. She thought of this as an opportunity to leave once and for all. Making sure he wasn’t anywhere in sight, she enters one of the many narrow alleys in the market, hoping to make a shortcut towards the exiting gates. In the alley, from behind, a strong arm reaches out and circles her waist, pulling her to collide with his waist.

She skrieked and turned around; this man whose black beard and mustache reminded her of the many Chinese martial arts masters who perform daily at the Yasortorn town trading docksides was holding onto her waist so tight it was difficult to move. His bamboo umbrella hat covered his eyes, showing only the bottom half of his face. He presses his index finger on her sealed lips frightening her even more.

Nadech looks up and their eyes meet. “Shh.” He chuckles. “Frightening to see me? I will be with you forever and even a beautiful face will grow old, looking like this one day.”

Yaya slaps Nadech’s finger away from her lips, when she figures out who was hiding his true identity, “Why are you wearing that hideous thing?”

Nadech rubs both sides of his mustache with his index finger and thumb. “Wouldn’t it be great if my wife stopped running away so if one day I decide to grow out my mustache like this, she would be able to shave it off for me?” Nadech smirked.

Yaya ripped off the black beard hanging from his chin.

“AH!” Nadech covered his chin which was now turning red from the glue he used to stick the fake beard on his chin.

“If it’s that easily done, you can do it yourself.”

Yaya pushed him aside and starts walking out of the alley. Two officers were chit chatting loud enough for Nadech to suspect they were making their rounds close to where they were standing. Nadech knew they were about to pass this alley any minute, he couldn’t be found here. Nadech grabs her arms and pulls her back to him. She struggles to break from him. He turns her around to face him again and slams her back on the wall behind her.

“What are you doing?!” she yelled at him.

“Be still.” He whispered.

She looked around frantically, hoping someone was here to help her get away from him but Nadech bent down leaning closer to her, he slid his right hand behind her small waist and the other hand pressed against the wall behind her, she froze. He leaned down enough for the bamboo hat to cover both their faces from the officers.

Yaya’s heart was pounding so fast, she was afraid he would hear it. She felt his fake mustache brush against her forehead. She couldn’t say a word with what he was doing to her, besides her lips were so close to his exposed collarbone.

“What are you two doing over there?” asked one of the officers when they were discovered in the alley. “I asked you what you are doing?!” he asked a second time forcefully now.

Yaya’s eyes widen but she couldn’t help but stare up at him finally since their bodies were this close.

TO BE CONTINUED...