2018 Lakorns

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
With the year almost ending, let's dive into this year's good, bad, and the ugly.

Good
Buppae Sunniwas - Big shocker...of course the top of the list goes to BS, the biggest hit since forever. I can't say I love it as much as most people did (mainly due to the heavy political drama going on) but Bella made her character unforgettable and her chemistry with Pope was AWESOME.

Sakao Duen - Legitimately shocking that I like a pairing with a 16 year age gap. Bow and New sparked for me and I enjoyed Bow's portrayal of such a sweet and innocent adolescent. I love a lakorn that follows n'ek's growth.

Neung Dao Fah Diew - I hated TV Scene but this lakorn actually redeems this company for now. Tons of chemistry between the leads and it is a very pra'ek oriented lakorn which is a rarity in TV Scene lakorns which tend to throw lots of screen time for supporting characters. The leads had a well developed relationship which blossomed nicely.

Game Sanaeha - My absolute favourite of this year. Really great lakorn with tons of swoon worthy and sweet scenes between the leads. Taew and James have superb chemistry and even more so the second time around. Nothing is better than a lakorn that spends so much time on having a baby and taking care of it. A great spin on such a cliche storyline. Everything worked so well in this lakorn.

Not bad
Sanae Nang Ngiew - The leads were boring which is shocking because Alek and Nychaa had so much chemistry in their first lakorn together. The plot was pretty good though. New Chaiyapol is what made this lakorn work and his pairing with Prim had a bunch of chemistry and was the most entertaining part of this lakorn.

Sanaeha Maya - At least Kelly is portraying someone his age this time. Ann Siriam is the best part of this lakorn. So happy to see her back. This lakorn is okay because it's not a romance lakorn but rather a story about a woman who can't let go. You really do end up feeling bad for both of the women in this lakorn.

Bad
Kom Faek - I love Mark Prin but unfortunately even that love isn't enough for me to enjoy this lakorn. Fails in comparison to the old version. This version is just too dark and depressing with barely any time for the viewer or the leads to have a break. The supporting couples didn't have enough to pull me in.

Likit Ruk - Breaks my heart to even consider this one bad but compared to all of Thong Entertainment's previous works, this lakorn has been the worst up to date. I love Anne's lakorns but this one was rushed and disappointing. The leads hardly have any romantic scenes together, they did not take advantage of the fact that the leads where stuck on an island together to have any good scenes together. The love development was a dud, the 2nd leads were a dud and the ending was thrown together. Anne built up the expectations too high for this one. Very forgettable lakorn.

Wihok Lhong Lom - Kelly trying to pass off as a young man is the worst thing about this lakorn. The pra'ek is supposed to be a recent college graduate and he's supposed to be this suave dude, Kelly is a tolerable actor for me but definitely not in this lakorn. The only saving grace is Sammy's fantastic acting as two characters.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
Add Karm See Tan Don to the bad list lol I hated it even though some of my absolute faves were in it.

My Hero Series: Matupoom Haeng Hujai was part of the good in my opinion for this year. I really enjoyed it and loved the chemistry between Boy and Chippy and the amazing kiss scenes between them. Their acting was the best of their careers in this imo

Kom Faek was a big surprise to me because I absolutely did not think I would have liked it as much as I did. I loved it! Mostly because of all the supporting characters tbh. I never watched the original version so I have nothing to compare it to

Last edited:

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
I don’t have anything memorable from this year..... it’s just such a weird, bizarre, cold, empty year. But I’ll give it to BPS for being the biggest hit. Congratulations to Bella for finally venturing out and reaching 4.9M followers compared to when she was just at 3M followers or something. She came really FAR!!!:clap::clap::clap: Congrats to Pope too!:clap::clap::clap:

KF I knew was gonna be bad Bc metta always disappoints me.:nut::nut: Likit Rak was just :confused0::confused0::confused0:

2018 everything else fails except BPS. Lol.

P

PrincessKarina

For me the best this year I will give to GS! JT had unforgettable on and off screen chemistry! It was such a beautiful lakorn. The love scenes were just on point. JJ also came a long way! But as far as a bad lakorn I didn’t watch enough to know! :)

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I honestly don't remember much of what I have watched. I am into that phase where I watched about 4-5 episodes and dropped it or skipped around so much I don't even know. I might go back and watch some of the goods of y'all lists.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Wow, lakorns this year was a blur. I’ve only fully finished and enjoyed was PBS. I’ve enjoyed 2 parts from the Cupid series but was that from last year?
Khun Mae Suam Roy starring Pop and Bua W was good too, I think that’s the only lakorns I finished.

SuzieJ

sarNie OldFart
This is so weird but it’s extremely hard for me to finish any dramas or lakorns that I watch. Even if I am absolutely in love with it I still most of the time don’t get to the ending lol If I finished a drama or lakorn, that means it’s something that I personally realllyyyyy enjoyed! The only lakorn I have finished this year is Matupoom Haeng Huajai

Waffle

❤ BTS ❤
I didn’t really enjoy anything this year, only BPS and Pidsawat (which was amazing).

Pope also had amazing growth, so proud of him. He was also the first Thai celeb to hit 1 Million likes on a picture (BamBam don’t count).

i should put GS on my watch list, I just have to get over the beginnings. I hate beginnings :mad:

lakorns nowadays are just too boring or maybe I just don’t know the good ones.

Xiongurl26

sarNie Oldmaid
LOL After reading all of your posts I feel like I had no life or something. From the beginning of 2018 up until GS ended I practically watched almost everything Ch3. Literally from start to finish for all of the ones I am listing.

My Good:
Game Sanaeha
Bhuppae Sunniwat
Sanae Rak Nang Cin
My Hero Series 1 (Boy)

Not Bad (I watched through it all and was meh with the plot. Wasn't bad but not no WOW!):
Kom Faek- I loved all of the side characters. I'm still scarred from San (Got) but I truly loved Ongart so much.
Neung Dao Fah Diew (I think the editing just didn't do it justice for me)
Sanae Nang Ngiew - Like mentioned above, I loved the chemistry between New and Prim but that was about it. They were so cute.
My Hero Series 3&4 (Top and Toey).
Chuamong Ton Mong- I loved the concept and Bomb did such a good job acting gay. Nailed it! Lol but the story was kind of bleh. Masu and Preem were cute too.

My Bad: (I literally don't know how I finished these. I pulled my hair out watching these)
My Hero Series 2 (Great) - This plot was so WTF! LOL. It was so messy I had no liking. I love Great but omg this was just bad.
Duang Jai Nai Fai Nhao - OMG. I love James Ma but this was also such a bad storyline. All 3 main leads did not get their role right or something. Heck, even I was like what are you doing James?!
Likit Ruk - I had no plans to watch it but decided to since it was being subbed. I don't want to say this one was bad but since I can't even really remember the storyline I'm putting it here lol. It didn't move me at all.

Last edited:

sarN

sarNie Granny
Rat. Not one lakorn ya ladies mention, I had watch to the end or even seen at all! My lakorn days are ...out number :p need them

rscenesw

sarN

sarNie Granny
Not many spicy lakorn anymore! Looking forward to a good slap and kiss soon but doubt we will get any
I saw lakorn teaser on IG & YouTube with spicy storyline but not the spicy script I use to enjoy , it's more hardcore like Real Housewife of Atlanta type of vibe . I guess I'm not ready for the real world type of drama , I still like beach ending :p

twister02

M♥K
BEST
BPS was the best lakorn of 2018 for me. I didn't even like the leads or any of the cast (I think except for Punjan :lol:) but I still consider this as the best for this year. It's just the story and Pope and Bella's chemistry that got me. Almost everything in the lakorn was perfect for me. No dull moments when I was watching it. Even the OST got me hooked :lol:

GOOD

Neung Dao Fah Diew - really love JT's chemistry in here plus all the Burma vs. Thailand information that got me interested

AVERAGE

Game Sanaeha - didn't like much the story and was disappointed because it's a lot more different from the "feels" I got reading the synopsis but good thing the cast were good, James's appearance was nice and oozing JT chemistry.

Kom Faek - I don't know. Not a fan of action but I did like the moral of the story. There were some boring parts but casting were good too in this lakorn. I just didn't like that most of the time the spotlight was on the antagonist rather than the protagonist and it took the very last episode for the redemption.

DIDN'T FINISH

Likit Ruk and Jao Sao Jom Yom