3 lub tooj npab trailer

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
oh goodness.
another distant cousin then
lol.
it took me a while to find out that brad was related to me too
after my younger brother and him talked for an afternoon...
they found out stuff about each other...
connected their stories.....
wha-lah!
we're cousins!
ahaha
lol..i kno huh? i jus found out yesterday...my aunt whos like 22, was talkin about how he has a class with her sis in law in college...n how he starred in this movie..n im like WOW...i did not recognize him...lol it's been a while since i remember going to their house in michigan...kinda like 12 years ago?...lol

pclkck

sarNie Egg
not to be rude but
it was stupid-io! :huh:
not what i've been expecting..
they've been sharing it as if it was sounding like a korean-ish, thai-ish, chinese-ish kinda movie and it turns out to be a home made video???....
what happened???
it should be re-filmed. :D
that's my opinion...
the requirements said that they have to speak hmong frequently...
it seems as if it's hard for some of them to speak hmong..:(
i can't even see their whole faces when they talk
after watching this i think i should make copies of my own home made video with my brother and sister and sell it, it could have been better than this!......
sorrie if i've offended you..........people :)

i totally agreed. Don't know why they keep making korean wanna be movies. I mean nowadays we don't have hmong girls being maids for other hmong families anymore, or the whole im rich ur poor controversy. Not in the US. Now in Laos and Thailand im not sure but definitely not over here.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i totally agreed. Don't know why they keep making korean wanna be movies. I mean nowadays we don't have hmong girls being maids for other hmong families anymore, or the whole im rich ur poor controversy. Not in the US. Now in Laos and Thailand im not sure but definitely not over here.
really though.. lols.. im sick of these "korean wanna be movies,"

why cant hmong movies be hmong movies.. hmong people can be inspired but
they dont have to make it like korean movies..maid, business, rich && poor && etc... lols..

rich n poor -> Definitely in laos/thailand.. but not in the U.S. :lol: its just some people think they are hi-so in the U.S. otherwise we are all EQUAL.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
this is why it's called make belief ok. just cuz it doesn't happen in real life doesn't mean it can't happen in movies. a movie is a movie. it can't be watever it want to be.

venosat

sarNie Hatchling
this is why it's called make belief ok. just cuz it doesn't happen in real life doesn't mean it can't happen in movies. a movie is a movie. it can't be watever it want to be.

lol...you are so correct AZNGIRL...! If you really think about it... As far as the maid issue. There are maid services where people go in and clean up for so many hours a day and come home. Kalia just happens to work for a hmong maid service who got sent to a hmong client…she could have easily been sent to an American resident…but then there would be no story…lol…... Its no big deal. In the end..its all about make believe....our job as filmakers is to entertain....lol....

YM girl….

I think nobody will understand us writers better than each other as writers…lol… I totally know what you mean about the actors knowing their characters. I did have a complete character description for all my actors. I also tested them on it to see how well they all know their characters. It got to the point where my actors can tell me off on their characters attitudes and the clothing that they wore. If I tried making Michael , Sean or any of the other male leads wear certain clothing…they would flatly tell me no…BECAUSE …Michael..Sean…Blong..Jack..or whatever character would never be caught dead in those clothes…. For example..Michael has a personality that would make him feel out of place if we were to make him wear T-shirts and jeans…lol…

The language barrier has always been an issue as with any production company. I picked my actors according to what I though would be the best fit to represent that character. Its true that I would love to have my entire cast fluent in Hmong, but with such a big cast, that’s not always a possibility. I have also maintained that some of them were not perfect in their hmong, but we would work on it with them…and to which they have improved enough to be deemed usable. I think they all did a good job at it considering that they did not even speak hmong that well at all to begin with. But do not let those one or two actors determine the basis of your complaint that they do not speak it well. Our entire first cast speaks it clearly and so do 90% of the cast.

Anyhow YMgirl….its OK if you havn’t seen the drama yet. Its four hours long so I don’t expect people to have time to watch it. Although I am amazed that some of them were gracious enough to make the time to watch it and try to knit pick at it to help me with some pointers…lol..

Maybe you should just see it so that you can also give me some constructive criticism. Miss Mai is correct in the sense that sometimes people do tend to put down other people’s work in the pretense of constructive criticsm. I have always said that we were not the best, but that we would give it our best shot…lol…

It is true that the rich and poor theme was a main factor in this drama, but I do understand that we’re equals in America and that is why I gave Kalia her attitude. She has nothing to lose if you think about it. I have always known that people would start the rounds on the drama trying to be another Korean drama…lol…isn’t all dramas like that …reality is that life does imitate others sometimes. Does it have to be shot in Laos in order to qualify as a non-Korean…Chinese..Japanese wannabe drama?

People are so deep into picking on the rich poor theme and the wannabe Kdrama theme (Kalia is not poor..poor..she’s a working class person like any ordinary American who lives struggling from pay check to paycheck like any of us) that they missed some of the very Hmong themes in the drama…lol…. And yes, these boys are wealthy…more so than Kalia will ever be as a working class citizen, but keep in mind that she has also been screwed over by a very wealthy boyfriend….and if you paid attention…at one point Alli does say that Kalia does not forgive easily…..so as you can see…..and with her type of personality and hatred for the wealthy…its understandable that she gets offended easily by wealthy people…but for all that she is..she is only a human being proned to make errors just like any of us.

There are so many other twists in the drama that it will leave some of you wondering…�what the heck?�…. I can’t give out much, but I can give you all a little spoiler on one of the twist…..Kalia, Alli and Benny are in fact ten times wealthier than the boys any day!.

I’m not trying to defend this drama because it is what it is. The cast and crew worked extremely hard on it so if people don’t want to just sit and enjoy then OK..that’s their prerogative. They as the consumers have every right to be the next Siskel and Ebert because without people like them we would never improve….lol

The truth is, I would rather receive bad reviews over the good ones any day… because then it will tell me where I need to improve. If I always get good reviews then I will never know where to improve. So what if they trash my film…they trashed author Christopher Paolini on his Eragon….and look where its got him… a film made and printings of his book in 45 languages…lol…. (I actually enjoyed reading ERAGON…even though it is at 500 something pages long…and his second book ELDEST at 704 pages long was even better!…lol…. )

I, myself personally will go out and see those very same movies or read those very same books that the critics specifically trashed because I have found that most of the times, its just a matter of opinion. Clint Eastwoods “UNFORGIVEN� for example..was highly acclaimed, yet I could not get through the 1^st 15 minutes of it even if my life depended on it…lol…. I never finished the film…But they trashed TITANIC…and it grossed over 200+ million dollars worldwide when it first released…lol…I loved it and saw it more than 10 times on screen when it first came out (well…OK… so it was partly because of Leo di Caprio…lol) …….. So go figure…..

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
t-shirts n jean is not that bad for stars to wear i mean..seg sorry but you can't juss see a people where suits every where they go...like poo poo n stuff...at least they wear comfortable shirts that helps them get along with the movie...

i'm not on anyone's opinion side but peeps have their own way of thinking n i think ym gurl, mai 92, .....pang's opinions r someway correct to them... for mee it juss depend on how, where, what kinda movie like storyline...its like..

about kdrama n wannabe...i know u guys r not wanna be but the story about maids n stuff..about rich president p'ek its like some storyline of kdrama...cdrama n tdrama..which many peeps have seen...

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
lol...you are so correct AZNGIRL...! If you really think about it... As far as the maid issue. There are maid services where people go in and clean up for so many hours a day and come home. Kalia just happens to work for a hmong maid service who got sent to a hmong client…she could have easily been sent to an American resident…but then there would be no story…lol…... Its no big deal. In the end..its all about make believe....our job as filmakers is to entertain....lol....

YM girl….

I think nobody will understand us writers better than each other as writers…lol… I totally know what you mean about the actors knowing their characters. I did have a complete character description for all my actors. I also tested them on it to see how well they all know their characters. It got to the point where my actors can tell me off on their characters attitudes and the clothing that they wore. If I tried making Michael , Sean or any of the other male leads wear certain clothing…they would flatly tell me no…BECAUSE …Michael..Sean…Blong..Jack..or whatever character would never be caught dead in those clothes…. For example..Michael has a personality that would make him feel out of place if we were to make him wear T-shirts and jeans…lol…

The language barrier has always been an issue as with any production company. I picked my actors according to what I though would be the best fit to represent that character. Its true that I would love to have my entire cast fluent in Hmong, but with such a big cast, that’s not always a possibility. I have also maintained that some of them were not perfect in their hmong, but we would work on it with them…and to which they have improved enough to be deemed usable. I think they all did a good job at it considering that they did not even speak hmong that well at all to begin with. But do not let those one or two actors determine the basis of your complaint that they do not speak it well. Our entire first cast speaks it clearly and so do 90% of the cast.

Anyhow YMgirl….its OK if you havn’t seen the drama yet. Its four hours long so I don’t expect people to have time to watch it. Although I am amazed that some of them were gracious enough to make the time to watch it and try to knit pick at it to help me with some pointers…lol..

Maybe you should just see it so that you can also give me some constructive criticism. Miss Mai is correct in the sense that sometimes people do tend to put down other people’s work in the pretense of constructive criticsm. I have always said that we were not the best, but that we would give it our best shot…lol…

It is true that the rich and poor theme was a main factor in this drama, but I do understand that we’re equals in America and that is why I gave Kalia her attitude. She has nothing to lose if you think about it. I have always known that people would start the rounds on the drama trying to be another Korean drama…lol…isn’t all dramas like that …reality is that life does imitate others sometimes. Does it have to be shot in Laos in order to qualify as a non-Korean…Chinese..Japanese wannabe drama?

People are so deep into picking on the rich poor theme and the wannabe Kdrama theme (Kalia is not poor..poor..she’s a working class person like any ordinary American who lives struggling from pay check to paycheck like any of us) that they missed some of the very Hmong themes in the drama…lol…. And yes, these boys are wealthy…more so than Kalia will ever be as a working class citizen, but keep in mind that she has also been screwed over by a very wealthy boyfriend….and if you paid attention…at one point Alli does say that Kalia does not forgive easily…..so as you can see…..and with her type of personality and hatred for the wealthy…its understandable that she gets offended easily by wealthy people…but for all that she is..she is only a human being proned to make errors just like any of us.

There are so many other twists in the drama that it will leave some of you wondering…�what the heck?�…. I can’t give out much, but I can give you all a little spoiler on one of the twist…..Kalia, Alli and Benny are in fact ten times wealthier than the boys any day!.

I’m not trying to defend this drama because it is what it is. The cast and crew worked extremely hard on it so if people don’t want to just sit and enjoy then OK..that’s their prerogative. They as the consumers have every right to be the next Siskel and Ebert because without people like them we would never improve….lol

The truth is, I would rather receive bad reviews over the good ones any day… because then it will tell me where I need to improve. If I always get good reviews then I will never know where to improve. So what if they trash my film…they trashed author Christopher Paolini on his Eragon….and look where its got him… a film made and printings of his book in 45 languages…lol…. (I actually enjoyed reading ERAGON…even though it is at 500 something pages long…and his second book ELDEST at 704 pages long was even better!…lol…. )

I, myself personally will go out and see those very same movies or read those very same books that the critics specifically trashed because I have found that most of the times, its just a matter of opinion. Clint Eastwoods “UNFORGIVEN� for example..was highly acclaimed, yet I could not get through the 1^st 15 minutes of it even if my life depended on it…lol…. I never finished the film…But they trashed TITANIC…and it grossed over 200+ million dollars worldwide when it first released…lol…I loved it and saw it more than 10 times on screen when it first came out (well…OK… so it was partly because of Leo di Caprio…lol) …….. So go figure…..
true..true...if u always get good comments n never bad ones....ur always gonna think its good n theres no need for improvements..

the way i see it for music and movies is that maybe one person or a group might like ur kinda voice or acting, but there will be some who do like it...

for example...i like singin but i kno that i need some improvements...i may get some good reviews but i kno for a fact that i have have some flaws...i too would prefer a bad review over a good one any day...my voice is not an Usher or any other singers out there..but i kno my limits and i know my voice...people may prefer another persons voice, but the fact is that if every singer had the same voice, then it wouldn't be unique and special...

nkaujhmooblauj

sarNie Adult
omg.
there will always be LOTS of criticism
some viewers expect more than others
people are used to seeing very high quality movies and dramas
so... with this one by SEG.
of course they are going to feel like it's crap.
i'm not saying that i do..
because i have not seen it yet..
but based on the trailer and the reviews i've read...
it wasn't what they expected
because before the drama was released...
it sounded very cool and people imagined it would be very professional
but because it was probably the opposite of what they expected...
they are just making negative remarks and reviews...
me personally... by watching the trailer..
the camera angles were a little off
and the audio isn't all that great...
there was the repetition of kalia's line....
and the code-switching of hmong and english.
as for the suits
the weather was not suitable to be wearing that...
and like a lot of people are saying..
wealthy people don't always wear suits..
of course... if their profession requires them to.. yes.
but in everyday life... people don't just dress like that...
i find people who wear dress shirts, ties, slacks, belts, and dress shoes very professional
they don't have to go all out with the whole jacket and all...
i think the jacket is over doing it...
yes. this is starting to sound like an essay...
goodness...
i'll stop here for now...
lol.

mongstaness

sarNie Adult
lol..okay PC, so i started watching the movie, and one thing that has to be changed with movies(not just this movie), i mean EVERY HMONG MOVIE EVER MADE! is the old people...whenever i watch any hmong movies, the old people always irritate me...im not hating on them or anything, but i just get annoyed when they can not play they role right...some speaks too slow, some speaks too fast, some acts with no expression, and some with too many expressions...

two parts that i noticed for the old people is brad's mom n the uncle at the work place...the mom speaks kinda with no emotion at all, she's supposed to be pissed that brad likes the poor girl, but by her speed of speech n voice, im just not feeling it....

n the uncle speaks like he doesn't even kno the lines, there are many pauses throughout his parts when he's talking to the lead actress n his nephew...

kaab nis

sarNie Hatchling
lol..okay PC, so i started watching the movie, and one thing that has to be changed with movies(not just this movie), i mean EVERY HMONG MOVIE EVER MADE! is the old people...whenever i watch any hmong movies, the old people always irritate me...im not hating on them or anything, but i just get annoyed when they can not play they role right...some speaks too slow, some speaks too fast, some acts with no expression, and some with too many expressions...

two parts that i noticed for the old people is brad's mom n the uncle at the work place...the mom speaks kinda with no emotion at all, she's supposed to be pissed that brad likes the poor girl, but by her speed of speech n voice, im just not feeling it....

n the uncle speaks like he doesn't even kno the lines, there are many pauses throughout his parts when he's talking to the lead actress n his nephew...

LOL!!!!
i remember being there when they were filming that scene with the uncle, the girl and nephew..
i even have the behind the scene clips for it too
that day was such a long day cuz we stayed in that office for practically 2 days! of course we went home but we left at like 11 at night and came at 9 or 10 am and didn't leave until 9 or 10 at night....lol....

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny

true...true...true...

pclkck

sarNie Egg

yeah i understands its a movie anything can happen, but why the korean like theme. i've seem soooooooo many movies where the poor girl is a maid for the rich dude and they end up falling in love. the whole maid thing is in too many korean dramas. i mean come on do something original. i rather watch movies made in thailand and laos.

tavang

sarNie Juvenile
yeah i understands its a movie anything can happen, but why the korean like theme. i've seem soooooooo many movies where the poor girl is a maid for the rich dude and they end up falling in love. the whole maid thing is in too many korean dramas. i mean come on do something original. i rather watch movies made in thailand and laos.
any movie can be about a poor girl working for rich ppl. but its just that we're so used to seeing that in kdramas so of course it will be different if hmong ppl do it.

dajdeev

sarNie Juvenile
MOVIE IS MOVIE AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE ORIGINAL

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
really though, me too. i rather watch movies made in thailand && laos. (some) hahahaaa..

any movie can be about a poor girl working for rich ppl. but its just that we're so used to seeing that in kdramas so of course it will be different if hmong ppl do it.
true, because we hmong today are so used to WATCHING kdramas. when hmong pplz try to make a story similar to kdramas. it looks awkward.
not just that but can we (hmong) stick to storylines that will && might happen in reality. :D lols.

i think, if a movie is made in the U.S. itself..it should not be about being rich && poor. :D

we just need new storylines these days.. arg.

MOVIE IS MOVIE AND THERE IS NOTHING THAT CAN BE ORIGINAL
original, actually there is. come up with your story, direct your own movie. -> that's original. WITHOUT TAKING ANY PIECE FROM OTHERS. :D

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid

true, i do see that in hmong movies too. lols..

well i have a friend in Thailand && he stars in hmong movies these days && he told me that.. they dont have lines. :D

the director tells them the storyline && their role.. && when it comes to shooting a scene.

the director tells them what to say && if they mess up or forget their lines. they'll have to add their own lines to end that scene.. that way
they dont look dumb... hahaha... :D

i thought it was kinda KEWL.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i have an idea! why don't we all come up with our own "original" story and let everybody read it! :D isnt that a great idea?

Yes!

There's a topic in here started by me already.. (where you read && continue wid the story..)

we finish the first story.. and started on the second one already.. but i dont know if SaRnie girls finish the second one yet.. lols..

its been a while. :D i havent check.

mainhiathao

sarNie Granny
oh yeah the story some names r like tou mai..i forgot but yeah all sarn gals starting continue writing the scripts u started..i love the first story...n now can't find that topic anymore...is there another 2nd or new story???