Anan's Pics & Cooking Experiments... :o]

ChenrukNote

Goddess
Thanks for the recipe. Although I'm not sure if anywhere close to me has adzuki beans. I'll definitely try it out if I find some! It looks hella delicious for sure!

kulyia

RUK
Anan in California (June 2010)

my "Souvenirs" made in USA : Tabasco sauce, Macadamia Nuts

+ Mapple syrup & pure organic mapple flakes
that I bought when waiting for my flight @ Montréal, Canada on the way back home...

haha! i like how you guys have an order for every one :p

anan

sarNie Adult
Anan Summer Trip (Sept. 2010)

At Perpignan (south of France) visiting the Palace of the Kings of Majorca,
my eyes couldn't stop contemplating this beautiful sculpture....
The Women, the Mother... and her Baby....
I simply love it.

Later on... welcome to La Brimaudière, a small village of Island of Oleron (West-coast of France)

My room for the night.... :p Pretty like it & very comfortable ahaha

Sail away with me !!! Morning sunrise... Going fishing with the captain of the boat
My mom & me @ the beach...

My mom picking up the last strawberries of the season...

anan

sarNie Adult
<October Foodie />

Saturday 16 October 2010: Hot mushroom (chanterelle) sauce with dried meat...

It's mushrooms' season !!! I just couldn't help myself but buy them & make hot & spicy sauce like the old traditional asian way :p sometimes...

Saturday 23 October 2010: Coconut Cream soup with Butternut

Organic Butternut from my summer trip (so big that i got a hard time to finish it...) :p

It's getting cold, there is nothing better than a nice & delicious coconut soup for dinner...

Sunday 24 October 2010: Flat Fish (aka. Turbot) for lunch time

Bought yesterday from the morning local market. I never tried this kind of strange fish :blink: before (so huge,,, bigger than the size of my dish)... so,,, it's time to discover how it tastes :scratchchin:

... 2min later....:numchuck: here are my 4 nice turbot fillets ready to cook... :p Not so bad for the first time with that kind of fish lol

Turbot fillet with peppers & mustard sauce.... Quick 'n Easy, Yummi yummi :D

anan

sarNie Adult
yummy. your food looks delicious. that fish looks sad and angry though.
Hmmm,, somehow,,, you are right !!!

This fish is kinda scary...freaky !! it's like we open up the belly and flat it out !! the position of the eyes is not symmetrical, nor the mouth... lol... :scratchhead2:

just move over here and be my "Kroo Cook" already (lol like Soot Sanae Ha <3)
I would love to move for my favourite DJ Lekie, but still have debt here to clean up first.... :p
But if it is an invitation... i can come :p & cook for free if u want :D

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
Hmmm,, somehow,,, you are right !!!

This fish is kinda scary...freaky !! it's like we open up the belly and flat it out !! the position of the eyes is not symmetrical, nor the mouth... lol... :scratchhead2:

I would love to move for my favourite DJ Lekie, but still have debt here to clean up first.... :p
But if it is an invitation... i can come :p & cook for free if u want :D
i'll only if you Tem Jai... i dont want to use and abuse you here kk..... :)

anan

sarNie Adult
i'll only if you Tem Jai... i dont want to use and abuse you here kk..... :)
use & abuse ??? hmmm,,, well,,, as long as you don't ask me to cook for hundreds of ppl. or to make a food party... lol,,,
i will be Tem jai to cook for you :) it will be always a pleasure,,, for a Foodaholic like me :p

North Carolina, i'm cominggg ^_^ !

triANGgo

lekie_lucious
use & abuse ??? hmmm,,, well,,, as long as you don't ask me to cook for hundreds of ppl. or to make a food party... lol,,,
i will be Tem jai to cook for you :) it will be always a pleasure,,, for a Foodaholic like me :p

North Carolina, i'm cominggg ^_^ !
:yummy: haha :kiss2:

Nameless

N i n j a
yes. now that i look at it more. it's an ugly fish. we need to eat ugly fishes and save the pretty ones.

jk.

anan

sarNie Adult
yes. now that i look at it more. it's an ugly fish. we need to eat ugly fishes and save the pretty ones.

jk.
C'monnn,, UGLY fishes are Delicious !!!! LOL :lol2:,,, When talking about that, it reminds my previous trip to my homeland...

Day 1: wild ugly river fish for Dinner, lots of bones...

Day 1: wild ugly fish wrapped in banana leaf for Dinner (steam cooked) + boiled sweet potatoes... yummy yummy

anan

sarNie Adult
Are you a little bit LV ???

I don't know if it is another consequence of my Oldism symptoms, but i think i am a little bit LocalVore for the few reasons below...

#8: Environmental & reduce carbon footprint
Globalisation is a great thing, you can have all kind of fruits/vegetables coming from all around the world, traveling thousands miles away... for the sake of our Earthly Appetite...
For a daily basis food (like apples): i personally wouldn't buy if they come from New Zealand, China, Chile... I even saw meat from New Zealand in Supermarket!...
But however, I don't deny that I buy durian fruit from Thailand once in a while when i really wanna eat it... :p

#7: Help local farmers & producers:
"Think Globally, Act Locally" - this popular quote reminds my International Business class, but when it comes to foods, i think there is no need to "think globally". Just act locally is much more better & fine already !
I personally like when they wrap my bunch of carrots in old newspaper journal rather than in plastic bag.
When you buy local, not only it helps local producers/farmers, but it gives you a sense of "patriotism", you love your country, and the food it produces.

#6: Human Contact
There is no soul in supermarket, except brands foods, price tags, full of choices, "processed foods" (95% maybe more ??), promotional corners... you weight yourself your foods then checkout once finished. The cashier is there only to tell you the total amount to pay.
I like the fresh market, it's beautifully more alive,,, you can talk with the local producers, question them... negotiate on the price...

#5: Quality Foods
When you taste a simple organic carrot(or from local farmer) vs. industrial carrot: the taste is not the same, as well for farm chicken and battery chicken fed by corns.
Ever eat fresh beet ?? (rather than cooked one in plastic ready-to-eat??) it tastes completely different !

#4: Pleasure to Choose
Same as you take your time to choose your beautiful clothes, when it comes to foods choose only what you need: e.g.: 5 potatoes for the week instead of a whole bag in a supermarket that you will never finish.
When it comes to appearance, don't be afraid to choose the dirtiest / ugliest one, with the soil around especially when it comes from your local farmer, you will be surprised by the taste when eat raw or cooked !

#3: Save Time
In Supermarket, i used to spend 2h30(transport included), but now, it's only 30min (just 10min away by walk from where i live). With your saved time, you can spend in activities that you enjoy... 2 hours seem meaningless, but it's always enjoyable to have that free moment for yourself...

#2: Save Money
Remember the movie "Confessions of a Shopaholic" ?
In a supermarket, it's the same: the temptation is always high... which ends you up to buy things that you necessary don't need. If not more because you have lots of choices !!!
In a fresh market, the choice is limited, you just buy foods that you need ! There is no "brands" foods but only fresh & raw foods of the season.

#1: Avoid Food Waste
By choosing the strict minimum that you need for the week, you avoid food waste. At the end of Friday, my refrigerator will be always empty. ^_^

anan

sarNie Adult
<November Foodie />

Coconut Crème Brulée

Not only I like processing my own foods, but also desserts :p, I love crème brulée

Anan's Pickles

Very simple recipe:
- rice vinegar + sugar (mix together & up to your taste)
- add carrots
- add white cabbage (i couldn't finish it so, i turn it into pickles lol, you can also use other vegetables...)
- add 1 chilli, + a little bit of fine slices of ginger & pepper grains

anan

sarNie Adult
Little Check-list To Enjoy The End Of The YEAR

The end of the year is the time to make yourself pleasure, happy :dance1:, and also ppl. around you....:grouphug:

1/ Shopping$ !
It's also the time of the year that you feel bankrupt.... or broke... After all it's time to spend your saving money... ;)
Enjoy your shopping whatever you are buying gifts for the others or yourself...

If you have Xmas markets there, go and take a look, it's always nice to see new things & Xmas ideas ;)

2/ Go Out !

Whatever it's for a live one man/woman show comedy, theatre, or concert, Just Go OUT and ENJOY. Because each leaving is an opportunity to discover new places, new horizon with emotional impacts ;)

For "Adults" only, why not trying a cabaret show (Lido, Le Moulin Rouge, Crazy Horse) ???
I personally saw them all, and my favourite one remains Le Moulin Rouge :p

3/ Be Generous
If you have a work, and feel grateful with what you have, take a little moment to think of the others, make a good action by donating...
Whatever it's making a check for NGOs, donate your old clothes etc...

4/ Travel and/or Stay Warm
Wherever you decide to go and spend holidays with family for Xmas, or travel abroad, be careful during this season, and stay warm...

5/ Eat & Drink
Taste different things as you can :p , starting from Chocolate....

to maybe the following foods are very typical for frenchies ^_^...

Foie Gras