Anne & Ken:Unicef Ambassador for Thailand

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️

this picture is just HOTT ^_^ [minus the old man.] ken & ann wise. ^_^

this picture of ken reminds me of kawee.. sigh.. i miss SB.. ken is so hott...

iluvjin

sarNie Adult

this picture is just HOTT ^_^ [minus the old man.] ken & ann wise. ^_^

this picture of ken reminds me of kawee.. sigh.. i miss SB.. ken is so hott...
The picture with the old man, It can be a family portrait! Father, Son and Daughter-in-law! :lol:

pichayaaznbabe

sarNie Juvenile
The older man is Anand Panyarachun, former prime minister. =)

Anand Panyarachun is best known for his dedication to public service, even when he joined the private sector after 23 years of working for the government. After leaving Cambridge University in 1955, where he studied Economics and Law, Anand joined the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at which time he served as ambassador to Canada, the United States and the Federal Republic of Germany. In 1972 Anand was appointed as Thailand's Permanent Representative to the United Nations, a job he held until 1976 when he was promoted to the highest civil service ranking as Permanent Secretary of Thailand's Foreign Ministry.

After the turbulent events of 6 October 1976, Anand retired in 1979, ending 23 illustrious years in the foreign service. But Anand, not a person to keep still for long, began his second profession in the private sector, joining the Saha-Union Group that same year and becoming its Chairman of the Board of Directors in 1991. But fate was to take another twist. Following the military take-over in February 1991, Anand was invited to serve as Thailand's Prime Minister the following month. He assumed the political position reluctantly, but determined to minimize the damage inflicted on Thailand's democratic process, eventually establishing a civilian-dominated government that ensured a smooth and peaceful transition to an open society, and bringing about much-needed economic and social reforms.

In October 1992, he resumed his business career but continued his public service work in a personal capacity. He has been called upon to assist successive civilian governments in the areas of economic and social policies, human rights and governance. In recognition of his deep commitment to public service, in 1997, he was given the Ramon Magsaysay Award for Government Service. In the international arena, Anand is a trustee of the U Thant Institute and a board member in many foundations. He is also a member of the Advisory Group of Anti-Corruption Issues for the East Asia and Pacific Region of the World Bank and the Advisory Council of Transparency International (TI). He has also served as UNICEF Ambassador for Thailand since 1996.

Source: http://www.the-leaders.org/library/06.html

cecilia

Staff member
hm. i think they should have marry one another -- they look very compatible :wub:

anyway. as being UNICEF ambassador. they are not BRAD PITT and ANGELINA JOLIE to me nah. Brad and Angie did alot more good stuff to society than KEN/ANN did .. plus, they didn't do Rape lakorn/movie. They still have that good image to them. Sure, R seem to be a normal thing in THAILAND and as much as i like them R lakorn i still think ANN/KEN did no justice to their role. If they are UNICEF role model, they shouldn't' accept making such lakorn even if they have no choice or have choice. or to whoever make them ambassador, they must have not look beyond the whole POPULARITY ordeal. Not saying they make such poor judgment to have them as spokesmen but b/c of the lakorn that make, this just make the whole image of them look awkward and unfit. get what i mean?

i'm not saying this just in case some of you misunderstook me b/c of the whole JLR VS SB issue na but i'm saying this b/c it is the IDEAL OF BEING A GOOD ROLE MODEL especially being UNICEF spokesmen.

ohitsnoyyy

Mama Noy ♥️
hm. i think they should have marry one another -- they look very compatible :wub:

anyway. as being UNICEF ambassador. they are not BRAD PITT and ANGELINA JOLIE to me nah. Brad and Angie did alot more good stuff to society than KEN/ANN did .. plus, they didn't do Rape lakorn/movie. They still have that good image to them. Sure, R seem to be a normal thing in THAILAND and as much as i like them R lakorn i still think ANN/KEN did no justice to their role. If they are UNICEF role model, they shouldn't' accept making such lakorn even if they have no choice or have choice. or to whoever make them ambassador, they must have not look beyond the whole POPULARITY ordeal. Not saying they make such poor judgment to have them as spokesmen but b/c of the lakorn that make, this just make the whole image of them look awkward and unfit. get what i mean?

i'm not saying this just in case some of you misunderstook me b/c of the whole JLR VS SB issue na but i'm saying this b/c it is the IDEAL OF BEING A GOOD ROLE MODEL especially being UNICEF spokesmen.
i think ken & ann are fit for being UNICEF spokes people. they do a lot of charity works. Brad/Angelina aren't perfect people. they've been in movies with lots of sex scenes & americans' sex scene is are outrageous than thai. yesh the Rawr scenes isn't a good look but it's all apart of the thai industry, it's been around for many years. ken & ann are great actor/actress. Brad/angelina are great actor/actress too they are role models to a lot of people & the both have done some crazy stuff in movies [brad pit naked in a movie showing all his goodies], ken & ann on the hand haven't.

ken & ann are great role models. i hope it makes sense, it sound right in my head.. lol

Azlisakhmer

sarNie Adult
I'm sorry to bring Brad and Angelina in the story. Ken and Anne are terrific people themselves I was jus comparing the couple. Both are doing great work for other people and thats what counts.

Anonymous_blue

sarNie Hatchling
Gosh, Ken and Ann are just such a beautiful pair! :wub: Love them!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't matter if they're the next Brad and Angie or not. Ken and Ann are wonderful people. I don't think doing an "R" lakorn has anything to do with their roles as ambassador. Lakorn is lakorn. Just an act. What matter is their real life status; they never have bad news and/or carry themselves inappropriately in the public eye, and that is probably the reason why they both are chosen for this role. And plus, Ken and Ann did SB way before they were chosen for Unicef ambassador anyway. I'm sure the person did not choose them cuz of their fame, but more of what they did in the past whether it's charity or not, and how they present themselves in the critical community. Ken and Ann has been a good role models since forever. They may not have much opportunity to do charity work like Brad and Angie did, but it doesn't mean they're unfit for Unicef ambassador. It's not like they completely never done any charity work before. If Ken and Ann are not suitable in this industry as a Unicef ambassador then I don't know who is. This role is only the beginning of their journey for the better. I'm positive they'll do a good job as an ambassador. I'll support both of them all the way.

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
ooowweee they hot xp lol.. sowwy but wat does unicef ambassador for thailand about??

whiterose81

sarNie Elites
i think ken & ann are fit for being UNICEF spokes people. they do a lot of charity works. Brad/Angelina aren't perfect people. they've been in movies with lots of sex scenes & americans' sex scene is are outrageous than thai. yesh the Rawr scenes isn't a good look but it's all apart of the thai industry, it's been around for many years. ken & ann are great actor/actress. Brad/angelina are great actor/actress too they are role models to a lot of people & the both have done some crazy stuff in movies [brad pit naked in a movie showing all his goodies], ken & ann on the hand haven't.

ken & ann are great role models. i hope it makes sense, it sound right in my head.. lol
I agree with you

tinah

sarNie Coma
anne/ken has been known to be a good role model to begin with. it was way before SB so its not a surprise to see them being chosen as an ambassador of Unicef. they earn it!