Apartment: LOUD MUSIC, POUNDING SOUNDS OF FOOTSTEPS

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
How do you deal with this kind of shit!! (This is the serious section)

I live in an apartment with a roomate and for the PAST WEEKS we've been experiencing noise disturbances coming from the apartment up stair from us. Ever since we moved in the tenants up stairs are so loud. The couple often fight and we can hear them screaming and yelling. I am not trying to be DISRESPECTFUL but the Black people there are SO LOUD!!!!!!

Their music is excessively loud with heavy metal and bass. Its like living next to a fucking disco. The tenants upstairs often seem to move or throws furniture around late at night. Their every footstep is very heavy, which creates a low sound that travels through the walls and floor. I have school early in the morning and work in the afternoon. I really need my rest. I feel that I cannot bear it no longer!!!!!!!!!!

My roomate have complain to our manager but all they do is write it down on their little file and THATS IT!

What am I suppose to do????????????????????????? OMG...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it's not possible to knock on their door and tell them to quiet down, then....

Call the non-emergency police line for your county. There should be a certain time when there shouldn't be noise like that. I'm not sure what time. I once had to call the cops some time after 10 or 11 I think. Most should be around 10pm.

If the police notifies the landlord, it's possible they'll get evicted or warned.

Preferably, you should try to go the nice way and knock. Telling them you need to rest for school might not work. Say you got a baby that just woke up b/c of the noise. :lol:

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
-.-" Your telling me ... I thought that it would be more convenient to move closer to campus but it's not the apartment is horrible! LOL my neighbors are ugh.. I wish I can move back home but the house is still up for lease and I can't bare to kick tenants out haha not to mention it's against the law, but gawd they told me that their lease is up soon (my neighbors) and I can't wait -.-" I am too scared to say anything though -.-" LOL and if i do tell the managers they do jack about it .. i mean shooot it's freaking hot here and they refuse to turn on the central AC I had to go out and buy my own AC Unit because they refuse to turn on the AC unless it stays hot which it already has been staying HOT! urgh!

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
If it's not possible to knock on their door and tell them to quiet down, then....

Call the non-emergency police line for your county. There should be a certain time when there shouldn't be noise like that. I'm not sure what time. I once had to call the cops some time after 10 or 11 I think. Most should be around 10pm.

If the police notifies the landlord, it's possible they'll get evicted or warned.

Preferably, you should try to go the nice way and knock. Telling them you need to rest for school might not work. Say you got a baby that just woke up b/c of the noise. :lol:

The managers told us that they have notify the tentants. The dude up stair even try to sell WEED to my roomate!

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
BTW,

The tentants would irritate us by pounding on the walls or floor when we stomp back. (I know, we should not but we cant help it!!!!!! We're trying to sleep!) They excessively play their music to a maximum volume just to get us pissed off! These people are disrespectful!

well dang. just call the police, girl. when the time is appropriate though. :p if you call the police at 3 in the afternoon about a noise complaint, they'll think you have issues. :lol:

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
well dang. just call the police, girl. when the time is appropriate though. :p if you call the police at 3 in the afternoon about a noise complaint, they'll think you have issues. :lol:

I would not say much if its DAYLIGHT and they do it but its NIGHT TIME when people goes to sleep.

I just really hate these dljfkfskfsdlkjfjfklsdflsjflkaflsdhfewhfroweirhfelknfklascf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
-.-" Your telling me ... I thought that it would be more convenient to move closer to campus but it's not the apartment is horrible! LOL my neighbors are ugh.. I wish I can move back home but the house is still up for lease and I can't bare to kick tenants out haha not to mention it's against the law, but gawd they told me that their lease is up soon (my neighbors) and I can't wait -.-" I am too scared to say anything though -.-" LOL and if i do tell the managers they do jack about it .. i mean shooot it's freaking hot here and they refuse to turn on the central AC I had to go out and buy my own AC Unit because they refuse to turn on the AC unless it stays hot which it already has been staying HOT! urgh!

LOL. I hope you get ur place back na ka. :)

Dragos

sarNie Egg
hmmm in my apartment there is security on at nights so anyone usually calls them. Though there happens to be a 24 hour a day noise bylaw here because I live in a national park. So you have to be reasonable regardless of the time of day.

noungning

Heartless
um i dunno about u but in my area after 12am if ur music is too loud and isn't turned down, u'll get a cop coming and knocking on ur door... and yes sir i used to live in the city lol... so this wasn't any suburban rich neighborhood... it was ghetto city.

i think the best thing to deal with it is threaten ur landlord. if they don't deal with it, u'll find a new apartment and not paying for any lease contract disputes because u aren't able to actually live in the apartment in peace due to ur neighbors.

i mean it's not really your job to go around and deal with the neighbors urself... now if u are in a dorm, that's a different story... my neighbors were sooooo fucking rude... they had their music LOUDDDDDDDDDDD and we had cement brick walls between us but the ceiling is thin so we heard everything and their mothers' music... so what did we do? hahah they slept during daytime... that's when we partied ;)

but sometimes it's just annoying, they'd even fake sex sounds next door haha. good thing that's over with! no more school.

dee_vang

sarNie Juvenile
um i dunno about u but in my area after 12am if ur music is too loud and isn't turned down, u'll get a cop coming and knocking on ur door... and yes sir i used to live in the city lol... so this wasn't any suburban rich neighborhood... it was ghetto city.

i think the best thing to deal with it is threaten ur landlord. if they don't deal with it, u'll find a new apartment and not paying for any lease contract disputes because u aren't able to actually live in the apartment in peace due to ur neighbors.

i mean it's not really your job to go around and deal with the neighbors urself... now if u are in a dorm, that's a different story... my neighbors were sooooo fucking rude... they had their music LOUDDDDDDDDDDD and we had cement brick walls between us but the ceiling is thin so we heard everything and their mothers' music... so what did we do? hahah they slept during daytime... that's when we partied ;)

but sometimes it's just annoying, they'd even fake sex sounds next door haha. good thing that's over with! no more school.

LOL, I am glad things are better for you now.

pvang

sarNie Egg
I'm surfing the forum and topic caught my attention. I have similar problem with my neighbor upstairs. For weeks, my neighbor had been walking really loud and sometimes there would be a really loud noise that scared the crap out of me. I feel like the guy is the one making all the noises. I've seen him walk across my door to the laundry room and I can feel the ground shaking lol I dont have any problem with other noises such as music and loud talking but just the walking. I was really irritated when all the loud walking happened when I was studying or reading. I couldn't concentrate. So I complained to my manager, who told them to lower the noise. But that did not help, so I went upstairs and talked to the couple directly. The couple was home but I only spoke to the guy. I told them about the situation how someone was making a lot of noise while waking. The guy didn't believe me. I even asked him if someone just walked from their room to the kitchen because that was what I heard from the footsteps. After debating about whether they were making noises for several minutes, the girl finally came and told me they will try to soften their steps. Since then, I still hear a lot of noises but not as often. When I do, I usually hit the ceiling lol

Your situation seems way worst than mine considering your neighbor upstairs is less cooperative and scary. I would follow the advise given from previous members. Your manager should be doing something about the situation though. He/she has the responsibility to make sure the environment is safe and enjoyable for everyone to live there. I hope the situation gets better for you.

ijohn

sarNie Adult
ok, its time for an urban assault stealth in nature, i warn right minded people once and the cops once if it continues time for covert action---lol--- what may work is get a bottle of fish sauce and empty it in the wee hours of the morning on their door step, oh and crush some fresh hot peepers and rub it all over their door nob subtle it may seem but now the physiological realm you operate in to bringing self eviction from the premise or at the least quiet times...

ps... i may seem like a dostal individual, but piss me off and i'll smile and carry out my revenge---lol--- i once had a friend cure a nosy neighbor of his pickiness and criticism by filling condoms with round up(weed and grass killer) and throwing them on his well groomed lawn while he was sleeping---lmao