Are Hmong actors and actresses cursed?

nancyvang

sarNie Adult
If you see Tij Laug Xaab Tour, movie. Hmong people do hu plig or fee yeem before, during, or after making the film. Some of the directors/producer also do a quick ritual on the spot if they notice their actor/actress got scared.

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
Some Hmong does provide the blessing ceremony and some don't. But yes, I really think all Hmong should start having one even though it's not a ghost movie just like that thai example above. Funny. I heard it almost every year about actress/actor be dying after shooting a movie. It maybe happens because of coincidence or maybe they didn't do the blessing but no one knows. But again, I don't think every Hmong producer can afford a blessing ceremony. So you can't really say much. Haha..

Random thing I want to say: I think Hmong needs more improvement. I have seen the best of the best, but you know they still can't even compare to any of the boring other type of movie. Hmong almost did well but they need to be more creative, need some good cutting in the part where it don't belong. Some scene are so long, why is that? Some actors/actresses were told by haters, this is boring. Some people enjoyed making fun of the poor acting, because it was funny! Please choose people wisely and make sure you edit the movie good before you publish it, you know. Anyways, that was my reason why Hmong need improvement. No offense okay. Take my advice.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
Some Hmong does provide the blessing ceremony and some don't. But yes, I really think all Hmong should start having one even though it's not a ghost movie just like that thai example above. Funny. I heard it almost every year about actress/actor be dying after shooting a movie. It maybe happens because of coincidence or maybe they didn't do the blessing but no one knows. But again, I don't think every Hmong producer can afford a blessing ceremony. So you can't really say much. Haha..

Random thing I want to say: I think Hmong needs more improvement. I have seen the best of the best, but you know they still can't even compare to any of the boring other type of movie. Hmong almost did well but they need to be more creative, need some good cutting in the part where it don't belong. Some scene are so long, why is that? Some actors/actresses were told by haters, this is boring. Some people enjoyed making fun of the poor acting, because it was funny! Please choose people wisely and make sure you edit the movie good before you publish it, you know. Anyways, that was my reason why Hmong need improvement. No offense okay. Take my advice.

I saw it in a Hmong movie, they did a blessing ceremony and it wasn't big.
yes! in the Tij Laug Xaab Tour. (What Nancy mention from above.)

Again, it doesn't have to be big at all, regardless where you shoot your movie. Laos/Thailand or in the U.S. You can too afford a blessing ceremony. As long as you offer money, say something, give chicken, pig or whatever you like to the spirit then it's fine. :)

nkaujhmoob08

sarNie Adult
I saw it in a Hmong movie, they did a blessing ceremony and it wasn't big.
yes! in the Tij Laug Xaab Tour. (What Nancy mention from above.)

Again, it doesn't have to be big at all, regardless where you shoot your movie. Laos/Thailand or in the U.S. You can too afford a blessing ceremony. As long as you offer money, say something, give chicken, pig or whatever you like to the spirit then it's fine. :)
If the blessing ceremony is simply possible as most of you'd stated, Hmong should consider of having it often then. I doubt it wouldn't be easy, because Hmong industry are very low. Eh? Plus, they aren't accurate. Hmong are not up to the level where they can be serious to their film. Most only do to get money back on time or do for the heck of it to waste money. Not much of them are motivated. I'm hoping that their improvements will guide them for the better and to the world society.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
If the blessing ceremony is simply possible as most of you'd stated, Hmong should consider of having it often then. I doubt it wouldn't be easy, because Hmong industry are very low. Eh? Plus, they aren't accurate. Hmong are not up to the level where they can be serious to their film. Most only do to get money back on time or do for the heck of it to waste money. Not much of them are motivated. I'm hoping that their improvements will guide them for the better and to the world society.

Though, Hmong people are not serious about their film, it's something they should consider of doing.
Simple ceremonies like the one in the "Tij Laug Xaab Tour" is fine. Like I mention, it doesn't have
to be a big feast w/pigs or cows. It can be a few chickens, for that is cheaper to buy. :)

Hmong producers should definitely put some thought into this and do it. It's better to be safe than sorry.

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
i personally don't think that being a hmong actor/actress is placing a curse on yourself. it could happen to anyone. neways, i see more hmong actors living then dying.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i personally don't think that being a hmong actor/actress is placing a curse on yourself. it could happen to anyone. neways, i see more hmong actors living then dying.
Really? I know someone that passed away because of what he did while starring in the movie.
I'm not going to name, no names nor am I saying whoever acts will die. lol
but this friend, all because of the damn movie. It took his life away. If he didn't star in the movie, he will be alive today. Sad but true.

Also, you see, it's not about starring in a movie and dying right after. It's what they do in the movie, that makes them sick, die or etc.

That's why I think Hmong people just start doing these blessing ceremonies at the end or beginning of the movie. :)

vanggirlie

sarNie Egg
i don't think they do much of anything in movies that we wouldn't do in our lives. maybe one or two things more extreme but not much. i think if you count the hmong actors/actress living it'll be more then the ones that died. those actors/actress that died, we don't know if what they did before acting did or didn't already affect them that led them to their end.

YM_gurl

sarNie Oldmaid
i don't think they do much of anything in movies that we wouldn't do in our lives. maybe one or two things more extreme but not much. i think if you count the hmong actors/actress living it'll be more then the ones that died. those actors/actress that died, we don't know if what they did before acting did or didn't already affect them that led them to their end.
why, of course there are more actors/actress living than those who died lol

Movies may seem like they don't do much, but it's the littlest thing that they do that matters and im not saying just because one actor died because of the movie he star in. all actors and actresses are going to die. lol of course not.

It depends what kind of movie it is, where the setting is going to be and what the characters have to do. It also depends on how sensitive a person's spirit is too.

For example, the movie nkauj nab siv ceeb. i really liked the movie but i feel that it was a scary movie to make. lol it's as if you're jynxing yourself to die. I just hope that Kwm Lis did a blessing ceremony for himself and his crew.