Baan Sai Thong

OMG, You rock! XD great wallies and the vids are so cool! i always wanted to make a vid for Bansaithong but i haven't had time! Oh, and thanks for the lyrics for the song Winmarn See Chumpoo, that is one of my fav. songs from the soundtrack! What does the title exactly mean?? please help me out, i've been desperately looking for it! lol! OMG, same here! Gosh, i barely remember exactly when i started watching Bansaithong but once it got on the screen i would NOT stop, and i stayed up all night finishing it, then the next day rewatched it loool!!! NUM is soooo hot, and i loved watching him with JOY!
Say, can you help me out? Do you know the character's names in the lakorn? Cuz i saw the dubbed version and not all the names are the same right? ^^' I just love this lakorn so much, it's my all time favorite!!! Lately when i have nothing to do i would just watch it on youtube!

hm...they might remake it...isn't the Num and Joy one a remake too? i read that there was a 80's version ... ???
I did have the really old version but my cousins stoled it and never returned it. They took alot of my really really old collections and lost it according to them. Watever. Ima so sad they never returned it. ARRGH!!!! Names of characters:

HMONG--> THAI
GaoSheng -- P Ying Yais
ChaiClam -- ChaiKlang
Nkauj Ntxawm -- Ying Lek
Tub Ntxawg -- Chai Noi
Pojaman -- Poh or Pohjaman
Nakorn-- Nakorn
Tub Tooj -- Tu Thom
**I really cant recall everyone's name. Its been almost 3 years since I last seen this movie. Its at HOME HOME. :( Sorry that's all I know...

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
I did have the really old version but my cousins stoled it and never returned it. They took alot of my really really old collections and lost it according to them. Watever. Ima so sad they never returned it. ARRGH!!!! Names of characters:

HMONG--> THAI
GaoSheng -- P Ying Yais
ChaiClam -- ChaiKlang
Nkauj Ntxawm -- Ying Lek
Tub Ntxawg -- Chai Noi
Pojaman -- Poh or Pohjaman
Nakorn-- Nakorn
Tub Tooj -- Tu Thom
**I really cant recall everyone's name. Its been almost 3 years since I last seen this movie. Its at HOME HOME. :( Sorry that's all I know...
argh, i hate it when that happens too! that's why i'm a little selfish when it comes to my dramas, lol, i guard them, sort of.. ^_^ man, but i feel bad for you! wow, so you had the really old version? how was that? btw, did you have the Num and Joy version? it was dubbed by Star production or something? do you know if they still sell it? cuz i was searching online to get the original copy of Bansaithong but no luck, so if the hmong company still sells it i wanted to buy it... :p
THANKS for the names!! it's very helpful! i could kiss you right now, LOOOL! :kiss: i swear, i'm going back into my Bansaithong fever! lol.

haha, i just got done rewatching the ending...dang! i get like such mixed feelings. it's like, Chaiklang's actions speak a lot and show that he does truly love Pohjaman but then again, since he does love her, it won't be hard to say he loves her...And with a mom and sister like he has, i can't blame her for having insecurities...

one of my favorite scenes is when the two annoying sisters, Pohjanee and Ying Lek get a bit of the truth- how Poh's sis found the letter and YL's husband got put in jail. LOL, it's amusing watching the two of them like that.

lol, but i gotta say the honeymoon was still sweetest...Chaiklang's so affectionate!

argh, i hate it when that happens too! that's why i'm a little selfish when it comes to my dramas, lol, i guard them, sort of.. ^_^ man, but i feel bad for you! wow, so you had the really old version? how was that? btw, did you have the Num and Joy version? it was dubbed by Star production or something? do you know if they still sell it? cuz i was searching online to get the original copy of Bansaithong but no luck, so if the hmong company still sells it i wanted to buy it... :p
THANKS for the names!! it's very helpful! i could kiss you right now, LOOOL! :kiss: i swear, i'm going back into my Bansaithong fever! lol.

haha, i just got done rewatching the ending...dang! i get like such mixed feelings. it's like, Chaiklang's actions speak a lot and show that he does truly love Pohjaman but then again, since he does love her, it won't be hard to say he loves her...And with a mom and sister like he has, i can't blame her for having insecurities...

one of my favorite scenes is when the two annoying sisters, Pohjanee and Ying Lek get a bit of the truth- how Poh's sis found the letter and YL's husband got put in jail. LOL, it's amusing watching the two of them like that.

lol, but i gotta say the honeymoon was still sweetest...Chaiklang's so affectionate!
keke... Your so funnie... hehe! but I usually order all my vdo from this site. Siamvdo... Their vdo qualities are A+ and if they dont have it in stock they usually call you to let you know. But here is the link to where i bought mines...
Bahnsaithong Noom Joy Version

jjinxx

keke... Your so funnie... hehe! but I usually order all my vdo from this site. Siamvdo... Their vdo qualities are A+ and if they dont have it in stock they usually call you to let you know. But here is the link to where i bought mines...
Bahnsaithong Noom Joy Version
OMG, your sig is sooooo cute! augh! *scream* lol, i love it! XD
anyways, thanks! btw, do they sell with SUBTITLES??? cuz i was going to buy from another person but if this site has subs then i'm definitely getting it!

fun

Expired Sarnie
I am self fish with my Korean Drama. I don't have a big Thai collection because I usually watch them on the internet or rent them. I never let anyone borrow unless I am sure that person will return it in sane conditions.

jjinxx

lol, yeah, it can't be helped. I don't have a big collection of Thai lakorn either, it's mostly taiwanese for me but i think i've gotten over that obsession and changing into lakorn now. I think the reason to be blamed is that no one ever subs them for sale and the only other ones understandable are dubbed AND then sometimes the dubbing sucks... :lol: If only i could find subbed versions i would buy...

fun

Expired Sarnie
lol, yeah, it can't be helped. I don't have a big collection of Thai lakorn either, it's mostly taiwanese for me but i think i've gotten over that obsession and changing into lakorn now. I think the reason to be blamed is that no one ever subs them for sale and the only other ones understandable are dubbed AND then sometimes the dubbing sucks... :lol: If only i could find subbed versions i would buy...
I guess we probably have to wait another decades for it to come out in DVD subbed and another decade for HD. I have been wating for a decade and one forth for fan subs and finally my prayer was answered in 2006 for Oum Ruk.

fun

Expired Sarnie
Let me shorten it for you, Chai's family accused Pojahma's family- they are related which kind of gross me out a little bit- and so they left the house called BanSaiThong. Her fatehr dies and she goes back to BanSaiThong just to finish school. And drama begins. LOL.

jjinxx

what i don't get though, is that if their grandpas are brothers and both had sons then why are Chai and Pohjama's last names different? :huh: so i kept thinking they weren't closely related or the younger grandpa, the "good" one was adopted or something :huh:
whatever. back then it was like that so it didn't really bother me that they were in any way related. i'm hmong too so it's nothing new.
The two of them were just so sweet together! :wub:

so yeah, it's about how their families sort of lost contact and Chai's family stayed rich while hers was poor because they chose to be good people instead but she goes to finish school and being the prideful and righteous person she is, she teaches them a thing or two and falls in love along the way. I actually really love this story. it's interesting and has twists and i don't know, i guess i have a thing for romantic period lakorn....most of the time. this time period is good for me. :)

LoveNum

sarNie Egg
i'm watching this lakorn right now...it's my third time...it's still so good to get my full attention for every scene...especially the scene with Num Sornram. He's so damn hot and good in acting. I've watched all of his lakorns more than once. I love him so much!!

jjinxx

i'm watching this lakorn right now...it's my third time...it's still so good to get my full attention for every scene...especially the scene with Num Sornram. He's so damn hot and good in acting. I've watched all of his lakorns more than once. I love him so much!!
Num sure is hot, and especially in this lakorn, lol
lol i can never get bored of watching Bansaithong, it's just the best one to me!

i was rewatching it (from the beginning!) and i thought it was totally intense, when Joy first arrives at Bansaithong and Aunt Num (who takes care of Chainoi) realizes she is Pana's daughter, and the servant Jem asks "So your name is Pohjaman Sawangwong?"
and Joy says "No. I am Pohjaman Pinitnam, not Sawangwong" and i love how she says it with so much pride, but ironically, in the end, love makes her become Pohjaman Sawangwong.

i adore the soundtrack too! and the songs Num sings are so beautiful too, his voice is super smooth and soothing in this soundtrack, it sounds completely different from other songs he sings. i've been trying to play the songs on the piano, haha, but i can't play such a complicated version as the originals

09sarn

sarNie Egg
I really want to watch this. Can someone post the Hmong dubbed and the Thai version on youtube? Thanks!

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I notice Joy hasn't aged a bit since this. I wonder what's her secret to her beauty and youth

jjinxx

^ gosh i know what you mean. years later and no sign of age and even looking prettier too ><

I really want to watch this. Can someone post the Hmong dubbed and the Thai version on youtube? Thanks!
for some really weird reason the vids on yt of BST are gone (maybe uploader deleted them) but this person has a few selected scenes subbed:

www.youtube.com/user/yukixxyu

and unfortunately that's all i've been able to find in the last couple of months

I've been thinking about who would suit a remake if there is a remake in the near future (it's been a decade already so isn't that usually when remakes loom close?)
and i just CANNOT find anyone who matches Chaiklang's character, especially not any male dara who can play him better than Num. He had the best handsome-gentleman-thai image of Chaiklang.
lol

I'm thinking of Donut for Poh...dunno though.

Raindrops

sarNie Hatchling
what i don't get though, is that if their grandpas are brothers and both had sons then why are Chai and Pohjama's last names different? :huh: so i kept thinking they weren't closely related or the younger grandpa, the "good" one was adopted or something :huh:
whatever. back then it was like that so it didn't really bother me that they were in any way related. i'm hmong too so it's nothing new.
The two of them were just so sweet together! :wub:

from my understanding their grandpas are brothers (Poh's paternal grandfather and Chai's maternal grandfather, her dad and his mom are suppose to be first cousin) and the original last name is Pinitnam...her grandfather left, his stay in the house, but as he only had one child (Chai's mom)Chai's family ended up inheriting Ban Sai Thong from him...the last name Sawangwong comes from Chai's dad...but Ban Sai Thong is suppose to originally belong to the Pinitnam...and that's why Chai's mom had to allow Pohjama to stay there with them.

jjinxx

from my understanding their grandpas are brothers (Poh's paternal grandfather and Chai's maternal grandfather, her dad and his mom are suppose to be first cousin) and the original last name is Pinitnam...her grandfather left, his stay in the house, but as he only had one child (Chai's mom)Chai's family ended up inheriting Ban Sai Thong from him...the last name Sawangwong comes from Chai's dad...but Ban Sai Thong is suppose to originally belong to the Pinitnam...and that's why Chai's mom had to allow Pohjama to stay there with them.
thanks for clarifying! that makes a lot more sense now. ah well, i don't dwell on the related-ness, it's still an epic lakorn!

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
^^ LoL it took me a while to figure that part out too. I was like brothers w/ last name?? I was so confuse.

I rewatched the drama the other day, and have so much more appreciation for it. When i first watched it, I think I was 11 or so, and I understood very little. I've always hated Chai for that one scene when he went out w/ that other gal, came back home and Poh locked the door & threw out the keys. I thought he was a jerk for doing what he did and then YELLING at her too. So i've always skipped that scene whenever i watch the drama. But after all this time and listening again to the things he said to her, he was so mature about it. He said to her " why would you let what others say torture you and torture the one you claim that you love" referring to everyone saying that he only married her for Ban Xai Tong. He also said to her when she said that he never said "those words" to her "maybe for other men, you can make them give in to saying those words to you, or trick them into saying it to you, but not for me, it'll never be accomplished! I compliment you and honor you all these time. When people come up to me to say that you are a cute and lovable person, it makes me happy, why don't you use that to make me give in to you instead of this hard-headed attitude you're using now? In the times when your tears fall, is there anyone who wipes them away for you beside me. There's none!" <---- :teary: (actions speaks loudly than words Poh) Goodness and then he apologize for going out with that other gal and apologize for making her misunderstand him & lastly for making her cry. He's so perfect. One of the best pra'ek & most lovable pra'eks in Pra'ek HISTORY!

AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAID ABOUT THIS VERSION OF BAN XAI TONG...I THOUGH NUM DID A GREAT JOB AS CHAI & JOY WAS FIERCE AND STRONG AS POH

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ *sniffsniff* that was one of my fav scenes kash T_T.. even though it's been forever since i last watched it.. gotta go find them vhs tapes now..

09sarn

sarNie Egg
^ gosh i know what you mean. years later and no sign of age and even looking prettier too ><

for some really weird reason the vids on yt of BST are gone (maybe uploader deleted them) but this person has a few selected scenes subbed:

www.youtube.com/user/yukixxyu

and unfortunately that's all i've been able to find in the last couple of months

I already watched the subbed ones. All of the comments you guys made make me even want to watch it more. It's unfortunate that I haven't been able to find a copy. By the way, why didn't he ever told her that he loved her?