BajiRao Mastani (SLB Films)

mia07

Introvert
I have tried watching JA but idk why I didn't finish it? I like HR - I think he's a very natural actor. His best feature is of course his eyes! :D When the news of DP and HR rumored to be in a film together, I was quite excited cuz I know they will make one helluva couple.

Step

Mrs James Ma
I watched BM twice :dance2: Second time also I felt sorry for Kashibai. In those days men were allowed to marry 2nd time. I did not like Bajirao cheating on Kashibai. Priyanka is a great actress, she was beautiful. I loved DP and RS the most :wink: I want to see them in a modern film now.
Priyanka did not promote this movie. Since the name of the movie was BM, people thought PC did not have much to do so her role was kept in secret to surprise the fans. Another reason is she cant go against SRK and promote BM lol. It does not matter cos her movies are not doing well anymore lol

Step

Mrs James Ma
"Here's how Ranveer's parents reacted to Bajirao Mastani

Actor Ranveer Singh is one of those B-town celebs who has with time evolved to be one of the finest actors of the film fraternity. And his recently released Bajirao Mastani, has proved to be the cherry on the cake for him!

Recently, while in a conversation with a leading daily, the actor expounded on how his parents where initially reluctant over his choice as Bajirao. The actor who chose to sport a complete bald look to do justice to his role of a Peshwa, had lost out on various other movie and endorsement offers due to his bald and Peshwa avatar.

"I lost films, endorsements, TV shows… so many things. My father watched the preview of the film last week. He was among the first three people to see it. He used to look out for me out of concern and would often tell me, ‘Beta I don’t know if you are doing the wise thing by doing this film and letting go of all the money. You could have done three films in this time and look at what the film’s taking out of you — your health, hair, you are losing endorsements and shows...’ The day it came out in theatre the first thing he said to me was ‘It was all worth it." 

Ranveer further stated how he considers his father to be his audience since his dad has no connection to the audience or people of cinema or knows the industry business. B-town's Bajirao also recounted how he had to hold his mother tight after the screening of Bajirao Mastani. 

"I had to hold her for half-an-hour after she watched the film. She gets very disturbed, she doesn’t like it when I die on screen. I told her that it would be an intense experience for you, so I had to sit next to her and when it got over, I had to hold her tight for half-an-hour and hug her. So, I was holding her and having conversations." 

Well, with the kind of incredible performance Singh gave in the movie, we are pretty sure a lot of fans would relate to his mother!"

Cr DNA

Step

Mrs James Ma
"After watching Bajirao Mastani, Aditya Chopra was fumbling for words - Ranveer Singh

Ranveer Singh is a happy man. His mentor and Yash Raj Films head honcho Aditya Chopra watched his latest release Bajirao Mastani and was all praises for him. The head honcho, who doesn't enjoy going out in the media and keeps away from the paps, called up Singh and congratulated him for his work.

Ask Ranveer what was Adi's reaction and he reveals, "(looks around)... I don't think he likes me telling people what he tells me. He is so protected as a person. But what I will tell you is that for the first time I found him fumbling for words."

When insisted further, the star said, "Adi called me and said 'I am very proud of you'. As soon as he said that, I went crazy! (pats his back)"

Ranveer, it is indeed a thing to be happy and proud about! Take a bow!"
cr ians

Step

Mrs James Ma
Box Office Report 27th December: Bajirao Mastani enters the 100 crore club, Dilwale keeps dropping but still leading!

The periodic romantic saga of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Bajirao Mastani has finally marched into the 100 crore club. 
The movie has successfully managed to gross a total of INR 108.70 Crore in all. It had earlier shown 20% growth on Christmas and had earned around INR 12.25 Crores. With Bajirao Mastani having managed to garner INR.10.30 crore, on its second Saturday, the movie seems to be going strong. Dilwale on the other hand witnessed a drop on its second Saturday, after the holiday and collected INR. 6 crores . Having successfully garnered INR 110.50 Crore nett, Dilwale still seems to be leading with approx. 2 crores.

cr BOI

Step

Mrs James Ma
It looks like a win-win situation for both Dilwale and Bajirao Mastani in the highly anticipated clash of December 18. The two films started off at different paces but at the end of the first week and the second weekend, the collections of both films are almost the same.

Dilwale took off to a flying start, ending the first week on a high with Rs 102.65 crore in the kitty. Come second Friday, the film faced major competition from the international release Star Wars: The Force Awakens, with collections falling below Thursday’s numbers. The film collected Rs 8.11 crore on Friday, which was followed by relatively slim pickings of Rs 6.75 crore and 7.75 crore on Saturday and Sunday respectively. With a decent second weekend total of Rs 22.61 crore, Dilwale’s total domestic earnings stand at Rs 125.26 crore at the end of ten days. The film’s superlative performance at the international market resulted in a total of Rs 110 crore at the end of 10 days, propelling the collections to Rs 235.26 crore worldwide.

Bajirao Mastani may have picked up the pace only gradually but the film held gloriously well through the first week, earning a good Rs 86.15 crore domestically. But the collections remained strong even on the second Friday despite competition and the film collected Rs 12.25 crore, similar to its first Friday total of Rs 12.80 crore. Earnings took a slight hit on Saturday with only Rs 10.30 crore in the kitty, but bounced right back on Sunday with Rs 11.75 crore at the ticket windows. With a total of Rs 34.30 crore at the domestic box-office, Bajirao Mastani has beaten Dilwale when it come to second weekend numbers.

cr Filmfare

Step

Mrs James Ma
Box Office Report: Gap between Dilwale & Bajirao Mastani's Worldwide collections lessens!

When Bajirao Mastani and Dilwale released on December 18, the box office collections had a huge difference between them. After three days, Dilwale had earned INR 145 crores in three days whereas Bajirao Mastani was at INR 90 crores, making a gap of INR 65 crores.

However, 12 days later, tables have turned and in India, Bajirao Mastani has raced ahead of Dilwale collections and according to trade reports the lifetime collections of the Sanjay Leela Bhansali film will be almost INR 25 crores ahead of the Rohit Shetty movie.

In the Worldwide collections, Dilwale currently stands at INR 284 crores whereas Bajirao Mastani is at INR 250 crores, leaving a gap of only INR 34 crores.

Going by the records, this one will indeed be a close finish and probably the New Years weekend will play a huge role in deciding the final figures. Well, this one is a close game and we wonder who will win it... Can you guys guess this one?

cr BOI

Step

Mrs James Ma
Deepika has never gone over the top: Bhansali

Filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali says his "Bajirao Mastani" actress Deepika Padukone has never exaggerated a role in movies.
The historical romance film sees Deepika as the warrior queen Mastani.
"Mastani is someone what Madhubala and Meena Kumari did in their heydays. Deepika has never ever gone over the top. No woman has ever looked so beautiful on the Indian screen in the longest time. It's a dear character to me," Bhanslai told IANS.
"...deep down my favourite character is Mastani. I would take Deepika's performance till the last breath of my life. It's that dear to me," he added.
Also starring Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra, "Bajirao Mastani" has kept cash register ringing.
Asked whether he is happy with the box office report of the film, which released on December 18, Bhansali said: "I just wanted to make a beautiful film, be honest and truthful towards something which I have lived for 12 years."
"It was my tribute to Mughal-e-Azam and that was all I was thinking of while making this film. I was not thinking of the box office collection...I am offering something that is different."

Step

Mrs James Ma
The Level of Appreciation I Received for My Performance in BM is Beyond Success and Failure: Ranveer Singh

It has been five years since Ranveer Singh made his debut in Bollywood with Band Baaja Baarat (2010) and the actor has come a long way since then. His journey has been full of ups and downs, success and failures but he has always been the media’s favourite for his unabashed demeanour. The year 2015 marked a stepping stone in Ranveer’s career with SLB’s Bajirao Mastani’s success, both at the box-office and among the audiences and critics. In a recent interaction with a leading daily, the actor candidly spoke about his film choices, BM success and more.
On being asked how he has managed to soak in the praise coming his way, the talented actor shared, “I am still feeling the rush. There’s too much work right now. As soon as that gets over, I will take a break. I had planned to take a break earlier, but things change between two Fridays. After the release of Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013), which was one of my breakthrough films, my phone didn’t stop ringing for days. People wanted me to make more appearances, more endorsements came my way, directors wanted to meet me, etc. Since the first day of BM’s release, it has all started again, and of course, you don’t want to miss the wave. After all, dhandha hai yeh, dukaan chal rahi hai (this is my business, and it is doing well) (laughs).”
When asked if he feels that BM has put him in the big league, alongside the Khans, as per the trade experts, he said, “I don’t believe in the ranking system. They [the Khans] are the titans of the industry. Let’s face it — they are the nerve centre of our (B-Town) ecosystem. I am happy that trade experts feel this way; I think it’s a positive thing. But for me, as a creative person, what is most important is to have the power to make brave choices. There are certain subjects I would like to showcase in mainstream cinema, and I can make those choices only if I am perceived to be a bankable hero who can shoulder big projects. This has been established after BM. I am feeling a sense of empowerment now after getting the feedback (for BM) from producers, who are offering me films, and from trade experts. I am happy that now I can do films that excite me without any inhibitions.”
Ranveer also spoke about the positive comments he has been receiving for his performance in BM. “Success and failure will keep happening. The important thing is that you shouldn’t get too bogged down by either. I have experienced the same with my earlier films, but this level of appreciation is beyond all of them,” he said, before signing off.

cr Hindustan Times

Step

Mrs James Ma
Biggest award is audience response, says Bhansali
It has been over eight years since filmmaker Sanjay Leela Bhansali has won an award for his movies, but he has no complaints as long as his work keeps receiving the love of audiences.
"For the last eight years after 'Black', I have not received any award. It has been for various reasons -- politics, fraternity, groupism -- there are lots of reasons that come into an award, you have to keep everybody happy," Bhansali told IANS.
"I am very clear that if you give me an award, it's wonderful. And if you don't give me an award, no problem. I am going to make my next film which will be as good as my old film."
"I go with that hope and motive to make my next film. It feels great to win an award, but my biggest award is audience response. When they message me, I can't ask for more," added the National Award winner who is currently enjoying the success of his film "Bajirao Mastani". 

cr IANS

Step

Mrs James Ma
Congrats Bajirao Mastani for winning 9 awards. OMG I'm sooo proud of it  :cheer:  :cheer:
Best Actor, Film, Director, Supporting role, Singer, Action, Choreography, Production Design and Costume.

Best Actor Popular Male is Ranveer Singh, Female is Deepika Padukone. Popular award is bigger than critic award in Filmfare. Its from fans voting in Filmfare website.

Step

Mrs James Ma
Congrats to both Dilwale and Bajirao Mastani. They both collected more than 300 crores individually. BM still leading in India. Dilwale was leading in international 2 weeks ago.
Bajirao Mastani grosses 301 crores, becomes 3rd highest Grosser of 2015