Buy a New Computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

noungning

Heartless
if u close your account, ur information will still be with the bank, so if someone wants to see ur previous accounts, it will be listed. but you can't do anything with that account anymore, including u can't reopen that account, u'd have to get a new one.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Okie good...because i was stupid and i accidently gave out my information to a fake email that i recieved from ebay. I felt uncomfortable about it after i hit submit...so did some investigation and found out that it was fake...so i went to the bank an hour later and closed my account and opened a new one...i also went through all my online account things and changed the passwords to all. I fill so dumb lately.

darvil

sarNie Adult
I'm glad you did that.. You probably know this but there is zero businesses out there that will ask you for any information like that.

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
I got that email from Ebay .. actually from Paypal that said I had to go and update my information .. I thought about contacting Paypal and telling them about this but didn't ... just read a few lines in the email and it went straight to the recycling/junk bin.

If people didn't know ... your Bank, Credit Card company, Ebay, Paypal etc. WON'T ask for private information through email.

noungning

Heartless
yeah it's normal phishing practices, they have an email sent to you that looks exactly as if it was sent from either, moster, paypal, ebay, banks, and more...

looks exactly like their original email and asks you to update your profile blah blah blah, so that you can enter ur username and password into their page and get ur info. it's best to never follow links from emails and rather type in those things into ur web browser from scratch, unless u've requested like a password renewal or something along the lines.

oh and yes, even if u look at the email it was sent from, it'd look legit, like it really came from the vendor i.e. xxxxx@ebay.com

so, be careful.

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Yeah thanks you guys....I learned my lesson...! HOpefully other don't do what i did and give themselves a head ache! Should I put a credit alert out? Im not sure if i should?

KEdoubleNY

sarNie Adult
Yeah thanks you guys....I learned my lesson...! HOpefully other don't do what i did and give themselves a head ache! Should I put a credit alert out? Im not sure if i should?
Would be a good idea .. also check with your credit card company .. andhave your bank check your credit history every month for at least 6 months because .. if those people use your information to steal your identity than you're be in a hole with all these debts and you'll end up with a bad credit

BaBeeLaiLai

BaBeeLaiLai
Would be a good idea .. also check with your credit card company .. andhave your bank check your credit history every month for at least 6 months because .. if those people use your information to steal your identity than you're be in a hole with all these debts and you'll end up with a bad credit
I don't have any credit cards...it was just with my debit card so yeah...would that make a difference. The bank can help you check your credit history? they will do that? swt....i guess ill ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.