[CH.3] Rak Nakara (Act Art) : Mark / Taew / Mew

Vimalee

Live Love Laugh
I think CH3 just changed the time for uploading their lakorns to YouTube last week.
They used to uploading the lakorns right after they started airing. Now they upload them after midnight or almost four hours after airing. International fans in different time zones will have to wait longer.

P

PrincessKarina

I noticed yesterday for another show I was watching that after it aired "live" it didn't get uploaded to a site ( I access) until after 1pm CST. In the past, I was able to see it sometime after 10am. I understand Thai, but may need some northern words translations for this lakorn. :confused12:.
Thanks! :)

Meoconie

sarNie Adult
I noticed yesterday for another show I was watching that after it aired "live" it didn't get uploaded to a site ( I access) until after 1pm CST. In the past, I was able to see it sometime after 10am. I understand Thai, but may need some northern words translations for this lakorn. :confused12:.
I try to watch live but don't understand anything at all. With modern lakorn, i can understand somehow. Guess I only enjoy Mark's face from now and wait for the sub.

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
What?!? Not upload on YouTube yet cries* bawling

Did anyone watch yet?? Omg I havent seen any parts yet!!!!!!

allicho

sarNie Oldmaid
Not yet because due to afraid of disruption from people in my current environment. I feel as though this is the type of lakorn where I'll need some quiet 2 hour alone time to watch.

Looks like most are either waiting for sub or YouTube upload since it's quiet in here.

KitKat516

sarNie OldFart
For those who are subbing, hopefully they know northern dialects or can read Thai . I'm very fluent in the main dialect and it was sometime difficult for me to make out certain words. Thank God they'll have Thai subtitles but not a fan of sub type of lakorns.

Kayla

sarNie Adult
Yes! Can't wait to watch this tonight after work!

I know Thai but the northern dialects will give me problems too. Hopefully, I can pick up on most of it.

ella99

sarNie Egg
iit's going to be 10 Episodes , and the last 3 episodes will be airing from friday september 29 to sunday october 1

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Gosh...everytime I start a lakorn with Mark in it, it's always hard to take him seriously in the beginning. His face looks like he's ready to bust out laughing.

siraphun

sarNie Hatchling
don't have time to watch this yet, but i listened to the ost. i think i like the old ost more. ch. 7 stuff was good back then. but mark is so eye candy. loadness of handsomeness!

xodxo

oh man-- I just finished the entire episode and I think it's pretty predictable so far. I'm not fully amazed or disapppointes but I think this production is playing around with their camera angle too much.
All these different angles in once scene and zooming in too close to the persona's face lol

I actually enjoyed episode 1 although the pace is quite slow. I do not like the theme song much, if not at all. It doesn't really scream Manmueng, maybe because of dialect but it's not that interesting or good. However, ep.1 is moving really fast. It seems to move faster than the old version but it sticks closer to the novel.

This Mingla isn't as crazy or like screaming crazy like the old one. I also don't think they connect the point well with Mingla, like they portrayed her so neutral and have no jealousy towards Manmueng then all of a sudden, she's like obsessed with Manmueng and acts all suspicious. If they were going to do that, hey should have portray her as never listening to Manmueng instead of the neutral and chill sister.

Manmueng herself isn't perfect in this version. She's kind of sneaky lol she wants to know everything about Jaonoi, her city and spies on many stuff including those moments where Mingla meets up with Jaonoi, a bit nosy there. Haha. One funny scene was her encounter with Jaonoi. She said something along the line, "my father was right, he hates people who hang out with foreigners and bring foreigners to our homeland." Jaonoi responded with, "you talk like you were present at the hall meeting, I did not remember seeing you." Aka she was spying. Lol

Mark as Jaonoi is eye-candy, flirty and a bit funny. Jaonoi is quite a funny, relaxed and chill person. He doesn't seem to take things seriously, a really relaxed character so far but perhaps this is only the beginning. Things will prob get more serious and dramatic later on.

I like those scenes of New and Mark. Their arguments and smack talking about what's relevant or not, who Normueng dispises and Mark's comeback of 'you can't judge a person by the way they dress.'

~|
I really think they should have done a better opening credit. I was expecting to see maps of each city in the opening credit, very sad/dramatic scenes hinting to Manmueng's death. I did not think the use of their character name was necessary at all in the opening credit. Plus, the song isn't really the best theme.

Still, looking forward to next week's episodes! I'm wondering what the rating is for today lol since p'Off might be waiting on that haha

Btw, I was so busy reading the subtitles, I had to rewatch some scenes many times to get what they're saying and to rewatch some cutie's face lol It is hard watching a Lakorn that is not central Thai even if the dialect is different by only slightly it's still confusing haha

Another thing that really stood out is Taew's Isan accent I swear I keep hearing her talk in Isan instead of the northern dialect. I think Isan has rubbed on to her, she's done way too many Isan lakorn

Last edited:

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
I am loving the background instrumentals - very beautiful and suiting to the genre, so no worries for those who felt Gun's song is too modern. I am watching even though I don't understand every word, the storyline remains consistent with the summary so it's enough to get by if you've watched previous versions.
Act Art outdid themselves. That pink forest is like a fairy tale come to life. I like the emphasis on the pranang's scenes in the forest. The "Aren't you going to call me 'p'?" and the bird scene.

Seems like Jao Noi and Man Meuang are trying to get a read on each other's character. She is extremely sensitive, and extremely prideful. She is intrigued by him, and seems open-minded as he said, despite her conviction to live and die by her country. What I love about Man Meuang thus far is the intensity of her internal battle. Mingla is devious and good at playing mind games, but I always fall in love with stoic characters like Man Meuang. I loved listening to her praying to her uncle -- so much strength and control in her words. She respects her brother and uncle the most, so I think meeting someone like Jao Noi who can go head to head with her brother attracts her to him. I mean, I sure am amused by the two boys' constant facing off. Gotta love Nor Meuang for his cocky attitude, alluding to the "special gift" they're giving to Jao Noi.

I'm very touched - and will likely be heartbroken later on - by the sibling love between MM/NM and MM/ML. That early scene between the sisters when Mingla threw a tantrum because Man Meuang was talking about dying. P'Off said they do love each other, and watching Aum/Noon's version, it was hard to see Mingla's love for Man Meuang. But this version exposes a bit of Mingla's attachment to Man Meuang...before she goes green with jealousy.

Does anyone know if the photobook is available to international fans? I'd love to purchase it.

Last edited:

saobomp

sarNie Adult
Gosh...everytime I start a lakorn with Mark in it, it's always hard to take him seriously in the beginning. His face looks like he's ready to bust out laughing.
lol I did sense that he looks like he's ready to laugh.

It's moving along fast. New is good with the dialect.

xodxo

This picture is seriously so cheesy! Lmao! it made my night!! Haha Nine Naphat even promoted the Lakorn if you go to that account lol

IMG_3034.jpg

Last edited:

xodxo

Thought I'd share this bc Raknakara is number 1 trending in Thailand on their twitter and google pages!

IMG_3037.jpg

P'Off being cool around Mark! Glad to see their intimate relationship as actor and producer!! IMG_3031.jpg

Still #1 trending!
IMG_3035.jpg

xodxo

I sure am amused by the two boys' constant facing off. Gotta love Nor Meuang for his cocky attitude, alluding to the "special gift" they're giving to Jao Noi."
I like that scene at the end too, cuz Normueng was all cocky and shit lol while Jaonoi was like whatever, but he's subconsciously thinking something's up.

I don't like Normueng's tone though bc if he's truly dear to his sister, calling her a special gift is like an item :( I'm mad! But I know he's purposely trying to piss off Jaonoi! Lol

I like their scenes together, it's like an eye for an eye!

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
I don't like the main song at all. The lyrics are fine but the voice and the beat irk me. I thought I didn't like Roy Mai's main theme with the old woman singing but I like it better than this song. I hope they play Gun's song more often in this lakorn.

xodxo

Here's another scoop on Raknakara trending. It receives really good feedback, lots of handsome comments for Jaonoi. Haha lots of praises for both Taew and Mew! New got feedback too! Well done for just one episode!

Kay123

sarNie Oldmaid
Mark is so handsome, each time he smiles makes my heart melt. Glad to hear they are recieving good feedbacks for the first episode.