[CH.3] Rak Nakara (Act Art) : Mark / Taew / Mew

momotea

sarNie Juvenile
Mark is from north but he cant speak all north sometimes he has to ask teacher to help.
Theres a thread on pantip people rate the north accent for all actor/actress,they think mark is 100% fluent but with a little lampang accent.
not understand why thai viewers so obsessed with the accent,some of them think north accent is awful lol

Yak555

sarNie Egg
Mark is from north and he speak north with his family till he come to Bangkok as an actor when he is 19, he considered himself as half Cheingmai (he was born there) and half Lampang (he grown up there), then his accent of north will come mainly from Lampang.
Normally Thai people thought that north accent should be like Taew spoke (have many high voice, sweet and slow, cute), but we (or maybe only me) just found out that there are many sound of north, the different is up to there location.
We talked about each actor/actress accent because it is fun to listen and found out this word this person spoke it right or wrong, but north people quite glad that P'Off use north accent in his Lakorn.
Some audiences thought that this lakorn shouldn't use north, then we don't have to read subtitle all the time, because many Thai audience don't familiar with north sound and they can't predict what does it mean if they don't read subtitle.
But I think it is good to use north sound, the story happen there and it gave the different feeling when you see the this lakorn in north accent.

koojin

You.Me. +Lakorn= buddies
I gave this lakorn a try.. not usually into these genre.. but what can I say.. it's freakin TAEW ..Can I just say how much I love Taew. I mean she's superb! She never disappoints. Ep 1.. So far so good. Just finding Mark a little stiff. Marks been acting and in the industry for a while now.. but still kinda stiff. I'd say he suits romantic comedies way more.. but overall he is one of my favorite actors..(His looks)

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
@jjinxx I thought you knew Thai lol

Haha that's one of my favorite execution scene and both princes attack each other appropriately, well until Normueng thinks he can slash out his sword lol

Um, I like that scene cuz it's one of Mark's best performance haha, his arguments are point on! He's so polite, thanking them when they were cold and distant, they weren't even welcoming! But his softness does warm up Taew's sappy heart. Haha. When she countered with, "what a smart mouth!" Lol He gave her a confident look, but still so dorky! Can't explain why I'm a religious fan of Mark! Lol :p
Polite and a bit sassy as well, haha. Man Meuang is quite the opposite, takes everything seriously. I love when opposites attract.

Can someone share more of the conversation when Jao Noi happened upon MM and asked about why she was helping her brother instead of doing other feminine work? Was he teasing her? She did not look amused lol. And then they did a bit of back and forth about whether or not change is a good thing?

Fluent or not, Taew's talent and the soft-spoken nature of MM make her script very soothing to the ear.

Iheartyadech

sarNie Hatchling
@jjinxx I can't translate word for word but from my understanding only. Northern dialect is a little harder for me to understand. But at least I can understand it more then Isan!

After the bird scene

JaoNoi: You are never around? Every time I come I never see you around the kingdom/palace (house). Like during the ceremony, I don't see you doing feminine work at all.
ManMaung: It's not that I'm not around. I'm out helping my brother with jao aupalad tee hor na (I have no idea what that means)
JaoNoi: Helping your brother? (Laugh) I did not know that helping your brother with Jao aupalad is around this area!?
ManMaung: (a little frustrated) I went to go help my brother. After everything was done I was gonna go back to the palace. But I unexpectedly saw the baby bird on the ground.
JaoNoi: Ok! (Laugh) You can't even take a joke! (Smile)
ManMaung: I have to go now. (With a serious look)
JaoNoi: (saw the book) wait ManMaung
(Grab the book, and hand it to ManMaung, but did not let go. Both staring at each other)
JaoNoi: Will you be here again tomorrow?
ManMaung: I can't answer you! ( basically saying that she is not sure) sign... Please give me back my book.
JaoNoi: "Please know that, whether you come or not I'll be here waiting for you..."
ManMaung: Please give me my book. (Both staring at one another. JaoNoi smiling at ManMaung, while ManMaung held a straight face. She then left)

Hope this helps a little. :)

jjinxx

@jjinxx I can't translate word for word but from my understanding only. Northern dialect is a little harder for me to understand. But at least I can understand it more then Isan!
After the bird scene

JaoNoi: You are never around? Every time I come I never see you around the kingdom/palace (house). Like during the ceremony, I don't see you doing feminine work at all.
ManMaung: It's not that I'm not around. I'm out helping my brother with jao aupalad tee hor na (I have no idea what that means)
JaoNoi: Helping your brother? (Laugh) I did not know that helping your brother with Jao aupalad is around this area!?
ManMaung: (a little frustrated) I went to go help my brother. After everything was done I was gonna go back to the palace. But I unexpectedly saw the baby bird on the ground.
JaoNoi: Ok! (Laugh) You can't even take a joke! (Smile)
ManMaung: I have to go now. (With a serious look)
JaoNoi: (saw the book) wait ManMaung
(Grab the book, and hand it to ManMaung, but did not let go. Both staring at each other)
JaoNoi: Will you be here again tomorrow?
ManMaung: I can't answer you! ( basically saying that she is not sure) sign... Please give me back my book.
JaoNoi: "Please know that, whether you come or not I'll be here waiting for you..."
ManMaung: Please give me my book. (Both staring at one another. JaoNoi smiling at ManMaung, while ManMaung held a straight face. She then left)

Hope this helps a little. :)
Thank you!! Man Meuang has a lot of practice with controlling her emotions, I'm sure. But we all know her little heart was going many miles her hour at his words.

From context, I am thinking Jao Uppalad is Nor Meuang's new title.

sarN

sarNie Granny
Omg..i don't like the theme song . They should had kept the old one , idk , I'll continue this when the bed scene up :risas3: if the skin-ship good , I'll set sail.

whitedove

sarNie Adult
I've dreaded that this lakorn might end up like Nakee in terms of subbing, unfortunately. Those dialogues are probably too much for some subbers to handle. :(

Iheartyadech

sarNie Hatchling
Thank you!! Man Meuang has a lot of practice with controlling her emotions, I'm sure. But we all know her little heart was going many miles her hour at his words.

From context, I am thinking Jao Uppalad is Nor Meuang's new title.
Lol... She does. Her emotions is everywhere. But then when she came back to her room, you can see her smiling. She knows she likes JaoNoi. She's just being a little stubborn. :pancarta:

jjinxx

Can someone summarize the dialogue in Man Meuang and Jao Noi's second scene together? when he is in the blue shirt and she is in white. He seemed to hang onto her every word. And seems like a person who would normally get along with others easily :) Except for NM and MM.

Mark is looking good in those traditional shirts with the stand up collars.

allicho

sarNie Oldmaid
Haven't seen the first version so I can't compared, but finished episode 1 and thought it's pretty fast paced. Just from this episode, there's already a potential love triangle between ML-> Jao Noi > MM. ML went from caring about her sister to calling her a backstabber; ML will be marry off to a ruler of MonMeung while MM will be " gifted" to Jao Noi. In 1 episode, I find it surprising how quickly MM has feeling for Jao Noi and is sad or hurt by thinking that Jao Noi likes her sister and not her, then swore ( while praying to her dead uncle) that she will not love and will devote her life to her land.

Overall I like it, but I am sad for MM because it's like she was kicked to the curb after her mom died and was left to be raised by her uncle. No wonder she is heavily influenced by his thinking as well as her brother. She's should be ranked highly then ML but appears to be second class to her younger half sister. It's like she's a pawn - even her dad knows that she will do anything he tells her to do because he knows that she will do anything for her land ( during his conversation with the brother about marrying off his two daughters).

Btw speaking from an international viewer - this northern dialect is hard to fully comprehend, but I thought Mew sounded convincing. Mark's sounds like he's speaking central but using some northern dialect words.

Last edited:

jjinxx

Lol that photo is trending all over Ig. It definitely is hyping fans up for the romance between MM and Jao Noi! What a lovely Thai looking couple. Hopefully the music with these sweet scenes will set the mood. I'm cheering for this couple!

Kayla

sarNie Adult
Jesus! Mark is just so darn handsome! Just look at that face profile of his. The best looking Jao Noi by far! Hard not to watch this lakorn even when the storyline is not my cup of tea, but he's enough eye candy for me to watch. LOL

Plus, Taew is just so simply beautiful!

Reactions: Dal

xodxo

Trapped in MueyxTian's World! ❤️
Lol-- ahh, can't wait for that rawr scene turned willing! Taew looks so innocent in another bts, When Mark took a full force on her mouth in the preview, it had me squealing!! Too bad Mew doesn't get the same chance with Mark lol Let's hope the r scene doesn't disappoint sarn or us all haha

I think MM is totally overshadowing ML, quite sad cuz ML is just as significant but since people only care about n'ek with p'ek, ML doesn't get much buzz! However, I absolutely think that Mew's performance so far is far exceeding! I actually like her slightly more than Taew's acting! Plus, ML is slightly more appealing!

Can't wait for Monday/Tuesday to come by fast!

Kit_exol

sarNie Hatchling
Rak Nakara <3. I adore Taew sooo much >__< She looks so good in period Lakorn?!? Remind me of her scene from Nakee ^^ IMG_6403.PNG IMG_6406.PNG
Damnnn!! Mark is holllyyyyy waterrrrrr from heaven >__<. He isss damn hot lolz, anyway he loooooks great in these period costumes ^^ I can't get over him , the way he looked at MM! So much feels IMG_6408.PNG and the ost is so beautiful and meaningful , Waiting for love is not easy >__< , repeat this song from yesterday till now , and the cherry blossom trees are so beautiful ,and since I can't speak Thai , I would wait for the eng sub , even if someone sub after 2,3,7 years :( I cried already by reading the story/plot >__< why so sad! Anyway They look so great , Mark and Taew , and I hope they will achieve high ratings Bec they deserved it <3

P

PrincessKarina

I can't wait until Monday! So sad I don't even understand the dialogues! Lol