[Ch1] Hormones 2 (GTH)

lovestar

sarNie Adult
From what I remember, there wasn't a thread in AF for this series which is quite surprising because it's extremely popular in Thailand.
The first ep hit 10 million views and from then on it's been hitting over millions of views on YouTube.
So, I was just curious, but is there actually a site or thread or forum on these series for international fans? I don't know much about the characters and I want to keep on updates for season 2.
If there is a site, please tell me. I'm currently addicted to it
Kob jai ja :)

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
^ I know that there are quite a few Hormones fans here.  If there isn't an official thread yet, you can start one na :)

lovestar

sarNie Adult
pink_juliet_kashie said:
Ehehe been meaning to start a thread! And aikoden I'm assuming you haven't start the series yet?
So have you been keeping up on updates? It seems your a fan. If so, where do you go? Don't tell me you've been lasting this whole time without spazzing it with someone else?

aikoden

♥DREAMER♥
Staff member
pink_juliet_kashie said:
Ehehe been meaning to start a thread! And aikoden I'm assuming you haven't start the series yet?

*coughcough* no, not yet.  Was planning to later today as well as finishing up on NRSL.... ahhhh.. :p

lovestar said:
So have you been keeping up on updates? It seems your a fan. If so, where do you go? Don't tell me you've been lasting this whole time without spazzing it with someone else?

LMAO, Kashie has been trying to find people to spazz with hehe..

fun

Expired Sarnie
i saw an episode of it but i think i have grown out of teen drama lmao but will give it another shot.

btwn theres eng sub avail. just yt it.

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
I started the series yesterday and finished all the episodes today. :) It's quite charming, the combination of teen love and school drama. Not to mention a refreshment after all the melodrama of lakorn. The young actors have won me over too, they portray their characters well.
I do have a bias for the Khwan-Win couple; must be the bad boy/good girl thing, and the way he isn't real up in her face, nor is she all fainty and a damsel in distress. Although Win is a trouble-maker (UGH, dunno if I can forgive him for the whole thing with Kru Or), he's one of those smart kids, I think, the ones who challenge the system, the ones who could go real far.
Also have a crush on Phai...He's cute. and a good guy :D
Dao's arc threw in a few surprises for me, heh.
Khwan and Sprite's friendship <3
Thee and Phoo. Let's just say I ship them.
Tar is the one! I don't think it's necessary that he "gets the girl" in order for his story to be fulfilled. He's doing real well as is, with all the heartbreak and excitement of being in the Seescape band. I like that they let him crush on a girl, and that she didn't return the feelings, but he goes on and...I dunno, gets mad, sad, happy. Tar's experiences and feelings come off very genuinely onscreen.

lovestar

sarNie Adult
jjinxx said:
I started the series yesterday and finished all the episodes today. :) It's quite charming, the combination of teen love and school drama. Not to mention a refreshment after all the melodrama of lakorn. The young actors have won me over too, they portray their characters well.
I do have a bias for the Khwan-Win couple; must be the bad boy/good girl thing, and the way he isn't real up in her face, nor is she all fainty and a damsel in distress. Although Win is a trouble-maker (UGH, dunno if I can forgive him for the whole thing with Kru Or), he's one of those smart kids, I think, the ones who challenge the system, the ones who could go real far.
Also have a crush on Phai...He's cute. and a good guy :D
Dao's arc threw in a few surprises for me, heh.
Khwan and Sprite's friendship <3
Thee and Phoo. Let's just say I ship them.
Tar is the one! I don't think it's necessary that he "gets the girl" in order for his story to be fulfilled. He's doing real well as is, with all the heartbreak and excitement of being in the Seescape band. I like that they let him crush on a girl, and that she didn't return the feelings, but he goes on and...I dunno, gets mad, sad, happy. Tar's experiences and feelings come off very genuinely onscreen.
I seriously think you took all the words out of my mouth.
I started the series on Friday and finished them all on Saturday.
From the very little information I know of, I feel like not many people ship Kwan/Win or more so they don't have many fans compared to pai/sprite or Toey/tar. I don't even know why they don't have many fans because they are so loveable! I like that even though some episodes don't focus on them two, the director still finds way to add in cute scenes and stuff. Although, I'm very disappointed with what Win did at the end.
I really like pattie so I'm glad she was in this drama. All the more why I had to watch it.
As for Toey/Tar, they have an interesting relationship. I'm pretty sure many fans like tar because everyone falls for the one-sided-love guy who ends up getting with no one.
I hope in next season, they don't further develop Kwan and Morg's relationship. It will seriously get so complicated from there on.
Talking about season 2, I wish it will be the same cast. I know the directors aren't the same so I hope the actors are still the same. It took them a whole year to write a script plus filming took 4 months. I can't wait longer for part 2!!!

jjinxx

Huh reallly? There aren't many Khwan-Win shippers? Interesting. Khwan and Win's "romantic" relationship is real subtle, barely there at all really, because he's the only one really interested in her. I like that. It's not an immediate hook-up.
I also don't want Khwan and Morg to develop into a couple. If I look at them with less bias, they ARE compatible, but still. At the same time, I don't see Khwan and Win getting together any time soon, if at all. He's too much of a trouble-maker, so I feel like it won't be until they're adults and Win has worked the messiness out of his system and established some respect for himself that Khwan would even think about him as a love interest. :/

I find Toey kind of...blah. Maybe because her character is so quiet, or static, or maybe her arc (being an outcast, getting ganged up on...) was too dramatic. She went through a lot but I don't get drawn into her experiences.

lovestar

sarNie Adult
jjinxx said:
Huh reallly? There aren't many Khwan-Win shippers? Interesting. Khwan and Win's "romantic" relationship is real subtle, barely there at all really, because he's the only one really interested in her. I like that. It's not an immediate hook-up.
I also don't want Khwan and Morg to develop into a couple. If I look at them with less bias, they ARE compatible, but still. At the same time, I don't see Khwan and Win getting together any time soon, if at all. He's too much of a trouble-maker, so I feel like it won't be until they're adults and Win has worked the messiness out of his system and established some respect for himself that Khwan would even think about him as a love interest. :/

I find Toey kind of...blah. Maybe because her character is so quiet, or static, or maybe her arc (being an outcast, getting ganged up on...) was too dramatic. She went through a lot but I don't get drawn into her experiences.
lol from what I think there doesnt seem to be alot of kwan/win fans. Its just a feeling sort of thing...?
I also like how there relationship didnt go full speed straight away. It was slow and steady. Win is patient with Kwan. I think that's nice.
Hmmm I dont know what Kwan is thinking or whats in her heart about Win. But there have been hints where I think she has a "jai" for him. For example when he gives her the cupcake, she smiles or the scene where kwan sees the pic of win giving toey a rose, and she gives him a funny look.
Ruk kwan/win maak

pink_juliet_kashie

sarNie Oldmaid
Aikoden I'm disappointed in you

Jinxx that sounds unhealthy but familiar. I actually finished the whole series in three days. But I had to wait a week because I coincidentaly started the series the week of the last episode.

lovestar said:
Haha I do my spam on YT when I was watching it then I spam on IG with all the random fans.

To anyone who thinks this is your typical teen drama, put your bias aside (lol cuz I had my biases too...) it's much more than that. It's smart and thought-provoking. A conversation starter. Anyone that says Hormones sets a bad example for teens has clearly not seen this series through. This series actually does the opposite-teaches lessons without being too preachy. I feel that even though I'm in my early 20s, a lot of what these teens go through still applys to me, sinceI'm still a pretty traditional Asian daughter. I Love it.

-----

It does seem like there are more Phai & Sprite fans than there are Win & Kwan fans, but it's understandable because Win&Kwans relationship didn't really develop into an actual relationship through out the entire season. I love Phai too but I think I have a little more love for Win&Kwan, gosh! It MUST be that bad boy falls good girl thing. And like the rest of you,I hope Kwan and Morg relationship doesn't develop into something more. I did sense a little something strange whenever they were together. I really do hope the directors don't go that route. I find it's really unnecessary.

Argh! I loved to hate Win! It's going to be hard to forgive him for what he did to the teacher. I am curious what's going to happen next. Hmm... I'm still angry that he got Toey beat up and never apologized!!! I felt really bad for her. Those slut rumors came out of nowhere. Poor girl. She was so clueless. I honestly have to admit I almost cried watching her walk home after she got beat up.

Gosh there's so much things to talk about I can write on forever and ever about Hormones!! But in the meantime I'll let you girls reply first before I continue my novel

lovestar

sarNie Adult
Just watched Hormones Homeroom ep 12 where the director and cast come to comment on each ep. 2 of the cast admitted to liking Kwan/Morg relationship than Kwan/Win. They say that something should happen between them in the next season...NO!!!!!
I feel like Kwan and Win's relationship should've been more open. As in they should've expressed their body language more for each other. Also, Win is just such an awful person. They should've mad him have some good sides. The only idea I would think of as a script writer for Kwan/win's relationship next season is to show that Win will change for this one girl, and this one girl will eventually see his good side. That's basically the only way out for them and to continue their relationship.
Also, Morg doesn't seem to be such a big main character. Maybe it's just me, but I'm so used to the main p'ek to end up with the main nang'ek. In this case it would be Kwan/Win.
I feel like having a protest now

jjinxx

whoa interesting, even the cast likes Kwan-Morg more. Kwan does come off as finding more interest in Morg. I suppose Win is hard to forgive. To an extent, I like that Win-Kwan deviate from the p'ek-n'ek typical happily ever after storyline. As much as I ship them, I can understand if the writers want to aim for a more realistic story. Sigh.

I hope that in Season 2, we get to at least know what happened to Kru Or. It doesn't seem like it'll be easy for Win to redeem himself.
On that note, I find it ridiculous that the use of social media in this series is so dramatized lol. Everybody knows everybody and everybody is interested in everyone's business.

>.< when Toey walked home and just sat and then her mom realized she had been beat up! That was a pretty tearful scene.

lovestar

sarNie Adult
jjinxx said:
whoa interesting, even the cast likes Kwan-Morg more. Kwan does come off as finding more interest in Morg. I suppose Win is hard to forgive. To an extent, I like that Win-Kwan deviate from the p'ek-n'ek typical happily ever after storyline. As much as I ship them, I can understand if the writers want to aim for a more realistic story. Sigh.

I hope that in Season 2, we get to at least know what happened to Kru Or. It doesn't seem like it'll be easy for Win to redeem himself.
On that note, I find it ridiculous that the use of social media in this series is so dramatized lol. Everybody knows everybody and everybody is interested in everyone's business.

>.< when Toey walked home and just sat and then her mom realized she had been beat up! That was a pretty tearful scene.
I agree. Everyone just wants to know all the gossip and get updated with other peoples lives. I guess thats what is special about kwan, toey and sprite. They dont care about the hot gossip. Its nice. I like that about them.
So im now suffering through a very confused period of time about the director, p'Yong.
Like I said before, in hormones homeroom some of the cast favour kwan/morg right? Well, during the scene when kwan is facing the camera and talking about Kru Or's situation and Win closes the laptop after seeing the video, the director says he really likes these two. He keeps emphasizing th fact about how much this one girl can really change Win. lol so on IG I posted a comment telling him that they should further develop their relationship next season. Hehe im soo cheeky :)
Kwan and Win's relationship has been doing my head in the past few days

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Say whaattt? There's not that much Kwan and Win fans? I was way more obsess with these two out of all the other couples. 555 I thought every single one of them were cute. In the beginning they were more focused on Toey and Gun, then Sprite and Phai, and then a bit of Kwan and Win. I was quite disappointed that they didn't focus on the two towards the end but instead on Kwan and her family problem. I understand that this was a part of the story but darn. I want my romance. 555 Hopefully in season 2, we get more romance. I, too, want Win to redeem himself and at least turn nice! He needs to change and stop his sexual, alcoholic, and smoking addiction. I was sad that Phai and Sprite broke up and hardly talk anymore too. I knew that they were both more popular as a couple compared to the others because lets be honest, Phai is quite the hunk. 555 He's even more attractive when he had long hair. :D Sprite is also pretty too! 

As for people shipping Morg and Kwan, seriously? 555 I'm a sucker for Kwan and Win's kind of relationship. Just when the two were getting along, problems arise between the two because of Win. That kid just need to ughh. 555 As we all can see already, after Morg's girlfriend broke up with him, he started liking Kwan because he did have X number of photos as a collage of Kwan on his wall. 
All I have to say is that I want Kwan and Win, not Morg and Kwan even though I like Michael. Hehe. ;)

lovestar

sarNie Adult
roselovesice said:
Say whaattt? There's not that much Kwan and Win fans? I was way more obsess with these two out of all the other couples. 555 I thought every single one of them were cute. In the beginning they were more focused on Toey and Gun, then Sprite and Phai, and then a bit of Kwan and Win. I was quite disappointed that they didn't focus on the two towards the end but instead on Kwan and her family problem. I understand that this was a part of the story but darn. I want my romance. 555 Hopefully in season 2, we get more romance. I, too, want Win to redeem himself and at least turn nice! He needs to change and stop his sexual, alcoholic, and smoking addiction. I was sad that Phai and Sprite broke up and hardly talk anymore too. I knew that they were both more popular as a couple compared to the others because lets be honest, Phai is quite the hunk. 555 He's even more attractive when he had long hair. :D Sprite is also pretty too! 

As for people shipping Morg and Kwan, seriously? 555 I'm a sucker for Kwan and Win's kind of relationship. Just when the two were getting along, problems arise between the two because of Win. That kid just need to ughh. 555 As we all can see already, after Morg's girlfriend broke up with him, he started liking Kwan because he did have X number of photos as a collage of Kwan on his wall. 
All I have to say is that I want Kwan and Win, not Morg and Kwan even though I like Michael. Hehe. ;)
I think a lot of international fans like Kwan/Win and Thai fans like Phai/Sprite and the other couples more. Since hormones is very popular in Thai, it explains why Kwan/Win can be overshadowed.
Although, even if Win is a terrible person, his personality has altered quite a bit, and it's all because of that one girl... e.g when he throws the cigarette to the ground when Kwan asked for some
I just hope that p'Yong isn't too influenced by some of the cast who like Kwan/Morg. If he goes by his own feelings towards the couple Kwan/Win, which was how much he liked how Kwan effected Win in a good way, maybe, just maybe, Kwan/Win will come out as a successful couple.
I'm going to annoy p'Yong on IG so bad about this

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST THAI SERIES I HAVE SEEN IN A VERY VERY LONG TIME. I was wondering why there isn't a thread for Hormones the series because I personally think this drama beats out a lot of the other channels lakorn right now. I actually sat through the whole series in two days one night! Normally, I don't do that so I surprised myself too. LOL. I LOVE every story and character in this drama because they are so real. Their stories are stories I hear about and around me as well so even though I have never gone through what they have gone through I understand as an outsider. It pained me to watch Dao as she waited to see if she was pregnant....that really kept me at the edge of my seat! I LOVE Phai and Sprite. Tor and Kao who play those two characters, I think they will be a next koo kwan, they gave me the feeling of rewatching my favorite koo kwans when I first set eyes on them.

AND OF COURSE!! Win and Kwan!!! I never knew I would love this couple so much towards the end! At first what drew me to the series was Tor and Kao's love story but by the end of the series I was cheering on for both couples! Their love stories pain me! T_T since it ended with them all going separate ways. THANK GOODNESS FOR SEASON 2 which I am impatiently waiting!

LOL. I loved March and Tou as the gay lovers...they absolutely look good together, this is the first time I have cheered for a boy-boy couple...LOVE LOVE!!!

I NEEDED TO TALK TO ANY ONE ABOUT HORMONES THE SERIES BUT I HAVEN'T MET ANYONE WHO HAS SEEN IT BUT THANK YOU FOR OPENING THIS THREAD @LOVESTAR!!

This lakorn has made me stray away from other channels but I don't feel bad because these uprising stars are the future of Thai entertainment and yes, already I LOVE THEM!!

neenavaj

sarNie Adult
After reading the rest of the comments....seriously? Morg and Kwan? Really? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO...you know...i think Morg should go back to his old lover. i want her in the story since i thought they fitted each other.

Its so weird that i find Peach and Pattie to be so compatible because at first i didn't find them good together. they absolutely stole the show towards the ending. their story is very heartbreaking and i love how win ended up wanting to protect kwan even though he started everything. i loved how he keeps calling her and even had to call her using his house phone LOL. its sweet moments like those that i loved. win, is a big flirt and he did sleep around but i can forgive him if he turns into a good person. sprite is known as a slut but when she turned herself around...i fell in love with her too.

jjinxx

Phai and Sprite made me sad, because you watch them and you think Phai is this guy who chooses Sprite no matter what her past habits were, and he really turned her around and you could just tell how much she valued him, but then i dunno if it was his insecurities that started to take over, but then he couldn't keep up with the relationship anymore. Which surprises me because, like I said, he chose her despite having to lose one of his best friends. And now they don't even talk and I can only imagine how bad it was for Sprite to lose him. But she still moves on, which is amazing to me. I dunno if I could deal with it that well.

I'm interested in watching how Phoo will navigate coming to terms with his sexuality.

And of course, I still really badly want to see Win and Kwan grow closer. ><

lovestar

sarNie Adult
neenavaj said:
After reading the rest of the comments....seriously? Morg and Kwan? Really? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO...you know...i think Morg should go back to his old lover. i want her in the story since i thought they fitted each other.

Its so weird that i find Peach and Pattie to be so compatible because at first i didn't find them good together. they absolutely stole the show towards the ending. their story is very heartbreaking and i love how win ended up wanting to protect kwan even though he started everything. i loved how he keeps calling her and even had to call her using his house phone LOL. its sweet moments like those that i loved. win, is a big flirt and he did sleep around but i can forgive him if he turns into a good person. sprite is known as a slut but when she turned herself around...i fell in love with her too.
Oh! You made a good point! Although sprite was a slut, Phai changed her to become someone conscious of her actions and become better in loving those around her. I guess, that's what is happening with Kwan and Win as well. I can imagine Win changing like Sprite. So in short words, Phai and Sprite's story is sort of like a shorter version of how I imagined Kwan and Win's story is going to be. In terms of character changing that is.
I also really like how Win calls Kwan all the time. It makes everything more realistic because that seriously portrays how real couples keep in contact and communicate. I wonder, how did he get her number??