[Ch3] Bpoop Phaeh Saniwaat (Broadcast Thai) : Pope Thanawat / Bella Ranee

Rosi

Wifey #42
l think to be a bit fair to Janward Date did encourage her by his actions that he will break his engagement and marry her. But after a scene with servants talking we know Date couldn't have broken the engagement...unless his father wanted it too....and his father will never go back on his word...so Date had no other option except to stall for now. I think eventually he would've married Karakade if she hadn't tried to kill Janward and did cause another person's death. The reason I think this is the time they lived in and the rules of their society....Date not marrying Karakade would've ruined her life...like her reputation as a discarded woman won't allow anyone else to marry her...and I don't think Khun Loong would allow that to happen to his niece. Also Date, no matter how head strong he is, he is still a filial son.
That said....I agree Janwards behavior was not proper at all. Date was already engaged for years before Karakade father's death I think. Everyone would be aware of this. Janward having feelings for Date is one thing but she was encouraging his feelings with her actions when she knew he was not available. Even though their society allowed multiple wives....there would be only one main wife. With Khun Lek's status, he would not allow Janward to become a second wife/concubine...and Karakade was Khun Loongs niece and his choice he won't allow her to be second either. This situation had no other solution except for Date to marry Karakade...and Date knew that too...which is why he never made any verbal promises to Janward. But as we know, Karakade, instead of keeping her patience took an action that had fatal consequences....which turned the whole situation on its head. No way would Date let go of this opportunity to get his freedom.
I think Date and Janward were both improper in their conduct. And Kade was right to throw this in Date's face when he accused her of flirting.
Thanks, Love! You've put it all in the right place!! XXXX

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
Agree! And just do it!
...And here it is... lolll
I ended up making several icons, but can't decide which is good to use. (If you've seen the other one... :risas3:)

Poor Janward that people think she is a bad character. Lol...at first people in Thai also said the same but somehow it is changed after 8 episodes (after her story with Reung started). Her character is actually well loved now in Thai on twitter and IG..:love:

First of all, Janward is a hi-so noble woman. She is a bit arrogant at least to Kade. Coz Kaderakade was bad to her too. But she is gradually warming up to Kade since she is not the same woman anymore. At the end of the day, Janward and Kade become good friends.

Second, she had a crash on Date. Dad as well was having infatuation with Janward. It was reciprocal. If you notice, it was always Date that stared (Chamoi Chaita :risas3:) her first. When she noticed, she replied him with her chamoi chaita too. It's not fair to blame her.

Third, her father and mostly her mother encouraged her to visit Khunying Jumpa. Everyone at Date's household loves her. When she knew there is no way Date will love her. She rebelled with her mom and withdraw herself from the mess.

Forth, she is human after all. That's what the director and script writer want to show (Prang gave an interview about it). So she can love someone and express love in her own way. Her lying to her mom was influenced by Kade who is a modern woman. Kade also influenced Rueng to spy around Janward's house. I find it adorable how Kade is able to bring modernity to these Ayuttaya's people.

What made people feel she plotted something bad coz it's in the mindset of Thai lakorn viewers who always feel there should be a n'rai in a lakorn. Janward was just to supposed to be an elegant, lady-like, arrogant at some points but without bad intention. So don't think too deep..
I thought the same too about her being some sort of n'rai! I think it was the same for Date's mum because I thought she was gonna be the typical evil, difficult mother-in-law. And then BPS just went on and subvert all these cliches - which was seriously awesome. Because they went on to make each and every side character feel very human on their own. And it's this which aligns with how it's the entire cast which became popular rather than only the leads. Lakorn, and dramas in general very seldom are able to achieve this.

I'm actually a bit conflicted too about wanting to see them together...I want to watch them interact in real life to see their chemistry......but in a drama maybe not...
In all my years of watching thai dramas I don't think I ever seen any OTP have as much chemistry on screen as AnneT and Ken....only Pope and Bella came close....I heard about Kob and Num but I don't see it....maybe I've not watched the right dramas....and even though I heard good stuff about it, for me they both looked soo awkward in DaoPrasook.
And yes the secret to good chemistry usually is great off cam relationship.

@bold.....There's an Indian drama OTP who are super popular because of their sizzling hot chemistry in their show which aired in 2011. They were both attached to other people before the show began. The lead guy was married to his college sweetheart and the lead girl was in a 7 year relationship with another actor(she's married to him now). First time I watched their BTS...I almost died laughing......coz their real life chemistry was totally opposite of the screen chemistry. They were like a couple of naughty kids.......messing with each other....pulling each others hair....throwing water on each other.....making funny faces when the other was giving his take. There were other actors in the cast and they are all good friends til now. They still get together for dinner and go on holidays together.
Yeah.
Ooh, that's interesting. But wistful pain for the fans... :p

Rosi

Wifey #42
The ost by Bella is almost 1 million views now. I'm surprised that she can hold the note.
I saw the clips that has Pope and Bella do the promotion for JJ and Taew lakorn, I'm a little mad at the ch3 cuz they didn't do the promotion for BPSW before it was on air, and now they use the popularity of BPSW in every way, every form
Is that how it's done in Thailand? The one going out will lay the red carpet for the new one that's getting on board? Interesting way of doing things..... but BPS getting it all by its own merit - now that's a woww alright!

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Dayum they're prefect for each other. Haha.

For me Date started to have feelings for Karakade was the first time she fell into his arms at the stairway which was their first glance together and that is where it started, he had a little smirk but when he overlooked her and saw the servants behind, he lets her go. Back in the olden days it is said the first touch or simply a touch of hand signified a loss of virginity lol So the two ppl would definitely have to marry. So in my opinion he was already hers and it sealed it when she pretended to faint when she did the invisible spell and he got so close to her face to wake her up plus her poem did it for sure. The one thing I was very annoyed with Date was when they had guest at the house and he would purposely embarrass her like when they were politically talking and he wanted Karakade to leave while Janward can stay. For sure our girl talked back and all; also the poem scene where he tried to embarrass her to write a poem thinking she knew nothing. There was quite more scenes he tried to embarrass her, as always Kade proved to him that she had the pants on most of the time. That’s why I’m so in love with her character, woman power lol For me I’m quite smitten with her character more than Date cuz she had that lovable character from beginning to end where she got everyone’s love in the house from servants to her husband and parents in law.
Omg yes. The fact that Kade wasn't embarrassed instead fought back and embarrassed him was the best. Haha.

Just thought I share a quick kiss scene from one if Big lakorn

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhxqQUGnt02/
Oh dang! Hello there hottie! Haha. What lakorn is that btw? I'm gonna go check it out. Adult romance only works on a few people, definitely works for these two. I for one love Pympan!! And obviously have fallen for Mr. Big. Haha.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
I'm actually a bit conflicted too about wanting to see them together...I want to watch them interact in real life to see their chemistry......but in a drama maybe not...
In all my years of watching thai dramas I don't think I ever seen any OTP have as much chemistry on screen as AnneT and Ken....only Pope and Bella came close....I heard about Kob and Num but I don't see it....maybe I've not watched the right dramas....and even though I heard good stuff about it, for me they both looked soo awkward in DaoPrasook.

@bold.....There's an Indian drama OTP who are super popular because of their sizzling hot chemistry in their show which aired in 2011. They were both attached to other people before the show began. The lead guy was married to his college sweetheart and the lead girl was in a 7 year relationship with another actor(she's married to him now). First time I watched their BTS...I almost died laughing......coz their real life chemistry was totally opposite of the screen chemistry. They were like a couple of naughty kids.......messing with each other....pulling each others hair....throwing water on each other.....making funny faces when the other was giving his take. There were other actors in the cast and they are all good friends til now. They still get together for dinner and go on holidays together.
Actually the first pair that I noticed that had KA-type chemistry was Great and Matt! Their on screen and off screen chemistry is on fire! They were the first pair of their generation to capture my attention. That's why I've got a soft spot for Great although his impact on me is nowhere near Pope's. Hahha.

Woahh that LSP from Game of thrones caught me off guard

Lakorn already ended but we still are not done
And never will be. . . ? Hahhaa.

I don't know if this is true or not, but Kade actually landed into one of the most elite of the influential & rich families of the Ayuthaya era. If she's got Khun Loong the Court Writer as her adopted uncle, and he's close pals with the likes of Pechtracha, Por Duer, Khun Rheung (at his later noble title), Sri Yot, Kosa Ban, Kosa Lek, etc & even King Narai then it's a very big thing that has happened to her. They downplayed a lot that Por Date is just a hero of the story but if his name was ever mentioned as envoy & part of the entourage to France then it's a real person & he should be famously historic too. Wonder if that is?
I think he was one of the figures who wasn't detailed-written in history books.

They did mention Date was real person.....they did a drama character-real life person video someone posted it too...But I think they just mentioned he was part of the diplomat entourage.
I like how Rom Paeng used that to her advantage. It definitely give her more room to fictionalize his character!

They did describe her character as a Hi-So lady. By this word "Hi-so" alone, it means a lot. It's far from being an angel or super sweet in my opinion as a lakorn lover.

Hi-so = Rich, High-class, Elegant, Arrogant...so it is justified why some are not fond of her character. Her arrogance alone already made people feel she is two-faced while she is not. And I think Prang portrays this character well enough to make many people talk about her.

Hi-so girls in today world are those driving sport car, using chanel bag and brand clothes, always in heels and full make up, wear sun glasses, with bodyguards, study in international school or are sent abroad etc...:risas3:

Part of her character is a virtuous lady too. For example, how she speaks, how she walks, how she makes those jasmine bands, how she does the fruit carving, her tone of speaking, and even the way she scolds Kade sounds soft...hahaha...and Thai viewers love it how she made the phrase "It's none of your business" sounds so lady-like and gentle. :pancarta:
One of my favorite lines from her was when Kade asked her to visit more often and she goes " I'm not sure about that," but in a not mean way at all. Haha.

Actually it also felt like she did want to visit Kade more often, but she was keeping up a front to make it seem like she still dislikes Karakade. Haha

Last edited:

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
Phatman I no longer know what to say about you. All the little itsy bitsy details haha his awkward hand. Someone better photoshop!
Hahaha. I can't help it! I'm obsessed with Pope that's what it is. I have seen every inch of his body.

...And here it is... lolll
I ended up making several icons, but can't decide which is good to use. (If you've seen the other one... :risas3:)

I thought the same too about her being some sort of n'rai! I think it was the same for Date's mum because I thought she was gonna be the typical evil, difficult mother-in-law. And then BPS just went on and subvert all these cliches - which was seriously awesome. Because they went on to make each and every side character feel very human on their own. And it's this which aligns with how it's the entire cast which became popular rather than only the leads. Lakorn, and dramas in general very seldom are able to achieve this.

Yeah.
Yes girl! Haha. You can't be in this thread and have someone else on your profile. No way. Haha. Jk.

I actually knew Janward was gonna be good because I knew she would end up with Mr. PJ, so I didn't hate her. The character I thought was going to be evil was definitely Jumpa and Prik. But they totally proved me wrong! The moment Jumpa dismissed Prik's allegations I was like ahh they're not typical! Haha.

They also used additional scenes with fits the word GOT ON. Just wait for @phatman to come, he'll be telling us to - keep it clean, keep it clean, people
The cleanest we'll be is at Lo Sam Pao so there's no point anymore just DO IT! Haha.
GOT? Got. It's Bupphae Saniwaat! Hahaha

milquety

和泡泡一样佛系的迷妹
Yes girl! Haha. You can't be in this thread and have someone else on your profile. No way. Haha. Jk.

I actually knew Janward was gonna be good because I knew she would end up with Mr. PJ, so I didn't hate her. The character I thought was going to be evil was definitely Jumpa and Prik. But they totally proved me wrong! The moment Jumpa dismissed Prik's allegations I was like ahh they're not typical! Haha.
What are you talking about, guurl? All the other icons I made are Pope's as well :risas3: Maybe you'll get them to see them soon when I go on a icon-changing spree hahaha

I knew she would end up with Reung but I didn't know that she would be this good. Riiiight, hahaha. Prik is a joke hahah. Jumpa is a softie inside. They both subverted the typical lakorn evil mother-in-law and her annoying sidekick archetype. x'D

Chario mintmario

sarNie Adult
Exactly, this drama is extraordinary. I think it never happened in the past that every single one of the cast in the same lakorn got popular at the same time. Everything thay related to this lakorn become popular too. It's amazing that people started watching the cast previous lakorns too..Eg: Bangrajan, Cupid series, Sapai Jao, etc...

One of my favorite lines from her was when Kade asked her to visit more often and she goes " I'm not sure about that," but in a not mean way at all. Haha.
Yeah..that was epic and amusing...haha

Rosi

Wifey #42
For me Date started to have feelings for Karakade was the first time she fell into his arms at the stairway which was their first glance together and that is where it started, he had a little smirk but when he overlooked her and saw the servants behind, he lets her go. Back in the olden days it is said the first touch or simply a touch of hand signified a loss of virginity lol So the two ppl would definitely have to marry. So in my opinion he was already hers and it sealed it when she pretended to faint when she did the invisible spell and he got so close to her face to wake her up plus her poem did it for sure. The one thing I was very annoyed with Date was when they had guest at the house and he would purposely embarrass her like when they were politically talking and he wanted Karakade to leave while Janward can stay. For sure our girl talked back and all; also the poem scene where he tried to embarrass her to write a poem thinking she knew nothing. There was quite more scenes he tried to embarrass her, as always Kade proved to him that she had the pants on most of the time. That’s why I’m so in love with her character, woman power lol For me I’m quite smitten with her character more than Date cuz she had that lovable character from beginning to end where she got everyone’s love in the house from servants to her husband and parents in law.
@chi chi - I too hated those parts when he embarrassed her in front of company, it's often uncalled. I was most angry when it happened in front of the Ban & Lek brothers. Date totally insulted by giving the impression she's stupid & meddlesome. There's not a kind word to excuse him; he was definitely vicious! But that it had to happen in front of Kosa Ban whom she idolised, is the biggest blow of all. It's great she made Kosa Lek ponder her words, in the same vein telling Date off he's not that smart after all. I love the fiery, determined & confident way she shot him down; it left not just him but everyone else speechless. There was hurt too in her words (telling her to get lost while Janward stays) but she did it with dignity. I don't think Date's dad was impressed when he first cuts her off, and topped by her rebuke being the absolute truth he deemed it fair Janward should be out too. If Kade had been wrong Kosa Lek would have stopped Khun Loong from telling his daughter to leave; fact that he didn't shows that her hometruths' hit the mark.

Trust Kade to come up with a poem to end all impending Date/Janward flirty poem nights; and even if it's someone else's (which no one knew) she did chose a brilliant one. By evening's end she seems to have gained respect even from Kosa Lek.

To say Date started to have feelings for Kade when she fell at the stairs could be right. But it is mostly too by the things she said. He overheard her saying the most outrageous things (she called him the Muen guy, and if they're promised do they even love each other??), but the 2nd night after the mantra is probably significant - he heard laughter from her rooms next door. That has probably never happened before.... and seeing her at the window brushing her teeth. And he was a bit unsettled when she got tearful after he was rough with her (he heard her saying wanting to do merit for someone). So by the time she fell into his arms all these instances has somewhat pushed the button for him to notice her in a different light.

phatman

POPE's #1 MIA LUANG
What are you talking about, guurl? All the other icons I made are Pope's as well :risas3: Maybe you'll get them to see them soon when I go on a icon-changing spree hahaha

I knew she would end up with Reung but I didn't know that she would be this good. Riiiight, hahaha. Prik is a joke hahah. Jumpa is a softie inside. They both subverted the typical lakorn evil mother-in-law and her annoying sidekick archetype. x'D
I didn't see them! And actually I don't remember what your old icon was! Haha. Too many of us in here. I can't keep track! Haha.

Katelyn

sarNie Oldmaid

hehehe...I know who you are talking about...Sarun!! I've been a long-time fan of this serial since 2012 and started editing because of them. :)

hdee

sarNie Juvenile
:aaaaa::thumbup:
Yeah.
That's the funny thing...their fans never shipped them in real life...
Coz they knew it was never gonna happen.
hehehe...I know who you are talking about...Sarun!! I've been a long-time fan of this serial since 2012 and started editing because of them. :)
OMG:aaaaa: ....big Sarun fan here...never loved another show like IPK....miss the madness.