[Ch3] Cubic (UMA99)

byebye

sarNie OldFart
If they wanted to choose someone that is a heartless mafia or a strong, aggressive mafia then they by far missed the mark on Bomb big time. When I watched him in episode 1 not only has he not improve but there are times I think he is holding himself back. As if he's afraid what he can accomplish if he was to fully let himself be exposed by his acting. He seemed lifeless almost dead in this role. Even when he's talking to Chalida it came across to me like he is talking to himself. There is little passion in him. His eyes are not mean...where he is being feared by others, in turn it looks like he's the one is being scared.  To me, the only saving grace he has is his height. And that make him cute with Chalida since she is shorter than him.  I so hope Bomb will steadily pick up on his acting because it'll be ashamed for the lakorn when I am watching but instead keep wishing for someone else.

Chalida has pretty eyes. I zoomed in on her eyes a lot but please they need to let her calm it a bit with her mouth. She can be gutsy...cute...adorable without exaggerating the mouth. It kind of opened wide in some cases where I wish it would not. But there is no comparing Mint to Bomb. She is doing a better job. I hope when the drama goes along she will get better.

But I like the pace and the storyline. If anything I want to see what happens next. Though, if it was Bomb carrying the lakorn I would have stop.

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
Dissappointed. Uma did a bad job. bad scripts/directing. they make the actors/actress over act. turn Nak into a rude girl when in the books she's not but more calm, not a screamer like the lakorn did, and the fingers pointing acting is so annoying. Bomb's acting is stiff doesn't match to play as a mafia, really need to work on his face expression: eyes and voice. don't like Mint's voice either she need to work on her speech.
the title song doesn't really match the lakorn either would match more if it was a beat rock song that goes with the mafia story, peck song was too slow.
Me and my sister agree we love the books more. our poor Cubic books, LinLanser and RuthaiNak's characters is ruin on screen, so sad.

-AyLove-

sarNie OldFart
^ lol! The furby comment was funny.

I unexpectly watched episode 1. I didnt even know it came out already, but i just unexpectly saw it and watched it. I actually thought episode was okay and good. It wasnt too boring or dragging at all. Now for the acting, i actually think it's watchable. Like seriously, it wasnt that bad. I do agree that Bomb's acting was a bit stiff, and he couldnt really control his eyes. Some scenes it was okay but some it wasnt. But at the end, i thought his acting came off okay,and he seems to improve somewhat on his acting. i actually kind of like mint's character in here. Hopefully it stays that way.

cecilia

Staff member
I like Mint in here as well .. she's hilarious! Can't believe she plays a 17 years old -- how old is LinLanSer then?

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
In book 1 and 2 LinLanser is 27 years old. so p'ek/n'ek have a 10 years age differences. he's tall 190 cm and she's tall 168 cm.
in pantip (the famous thai board) many negative comments about this lakorn. especially on Bomb said his acting is bad, doesn't match to play this role, his acting is so stiff he really need to work on his face expression:eyes,voice. the scripts shouldn't change too much especially on n'ek character. the directing is bad too. many loyal fans of this books is dissappointed. this books is very popular on line. so many book lovers have high hope of the lakorn to be good so when it's not like they imagine they are upset.

fun

Expired Sarnie
i wonder how the thai audience view this since majority (my guess) of the viewers are fans of the book.

anyways bomb does make a pathetic mafia leader. anyway ruthai has it all too good. even though she was put in one of those large shipping container, she has a bed, blanket, light and a small window. she has it all too good.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Never read the books because I can't read Thai, but I feel your pain book lovers. I hate when they turn books into movies or series and get them ALL WRONG! However, from the point of view  of someone who had never read the books, it isn't too bad. The only problem I have with it deals with Bomb's stiff acting.   

hsdsfan

sarNie Hatchling
Bomb is being heavily criticized by both the novel fans and neutral viewers. Chalida is getting decent feedback but most agree that she needs to lay back on the hastiness and work on her speech. I think it's a little too early to comment. Sometimes, the acting gets better as the storyline progresses so give it a few more episodes and then make an overall judgement. I will say that so far, the supporting cast are good. 

kodocha

sarNie Juvenile
i think its early to judge from the first ep and yes Bomb needs more work i his avting skills but who know what will happen in the next eps and we cant forgot its his second lakorn , mint always my biased 

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I remembered watching "A walk to remember" ages ago and it was such a touching, heartbreaking movie. I left the theater asking myself, if the movie is this good I wonder how good the book is?

It is really hard to make the movie match the book or better than the book. It takes talent to able to transfer all the details and emotions for the audience to visualize it. And that starts with the main characters. In their mind they just wanted someone with size and think has the ability to intimidate people around him alone with just his size.  And in that perspective, they probably think Bomb is the person to do so. But the one thing they overlooked is his acting. Size and everything alone can't make up for his acting because that's the main core of how the character will come alive or dead. Unfortunately, with Bomb it's the latter.

I know it's only the first episode but the teasers where you're able to see scenes from other episodes is not promising to our Mafia. The part where bomb was shooting out the window or something was unbelievable. He didn't look like someone trying to shoot at others for his live rather someone looking blanked out and just playing around with a toy gun. For you to have to be a bad ass mafia you have to in everyway be the part. I wish someone had recommend him the godfather lol. He could study that movie and walk away with something.

711Purplicious

sarNie Egg
WOW...  I don'e know about you guys but Chalida CAN act!! I am in love with her character.... yesterday was good but today it was even better, she doesn't act too cute but jsut very settled and love her first meeting with Danny. The lakorn is definitely picking up and I feel like Bomb still haven't attracted me yet. I haven't read the book so I like the lakorn so far, and hope Bomb can slowly be more expressive. I understand mafia are sold but I would like to see something (I don't know what's missing in his acting but I hope it changes by next episode). 

PS Danny is extremely cute and hope to see him and Chalida together again in another lakorn. Also, Chalida better get more offers after this lakorn since she has improved a TON!!!

unnichan

sarNie Egg
Hi everyone!! I'm new but I was wondering is there a novel translation available in English somewhere? I'd like to read before I watch.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

byebye

sarNie OldFart
I think the main problem some people have with Chalida is her speech and her mouth. Other than that, they think she's doing better than Bomb.

fantastic_27

''SMTown'
It's ok , I'm kind if bored of it , but I'm sure I'll make me happier . Mint's acting is getting on me ... I really can't wait for her guy friend (idk his name) he's really cute

711Purplicious

sarNie Egg
byebye said:
I think the main problem some people have with Chalida is her speech and her mouth. Other than that, they think she's doing better than Bomb.
True, Last year I remember in the Gentlemen series someone said that she is taking lessons for that ;)