[Ch3] Gum Lai Mat (Broadcast)

Saechash

sarNie Juvenile
Kikichue1 said:
idk i'm not sure if I pity Riewthong or not. I'm starting to really dislike her character and every time she has screen time I get so pissed just bc she's always making a angry face and not being rational at all. even her past self isn't rational, I understand where all he insecurity comes from but somehow its all about Ying Rampa, I'm sure that any human is insecure with all the stuff Riewthong was put through, but once I get married u know, to the man that chose me instead of the other women, I'll know then that he chose me and not her. I should try to leave my nasty past behind and try to move forwards. But anyhow, Riewthong is stuck in the past obsessing over Ying Rampa and its no longer about Tan Chai Adiek......it has never been about Tan Chai Adiek, yeah she must have loved him at one point but her only objective was to get her revenge. So yeah, I guess I don't really pity Riewthong and I know some of u guys may disagree and say that Ying Rampa was also mean and is worst than Riewthong but I must disagree. Riewthong is a pretty mean person also and worst than Ying Rampa. Maybe one of the reason why Riewthong never got reincarnated was because her desire for revenge all this time that kept her lock up enabling her to reincarnate. While everyone else accepted there fate and sincerely wanted to forgive and move on. Maybe that solve the question to why Riewthong was stuck as a ghost from the beginning. She never admitted to her wrong doings, enabling to move past or forgive anyone and never really accepting the present right in front of her. Stubborn as can be, I feel like she deserve it in a way...its her karma she created for herself and I'm not saying she deserve to be killed like that...no one deserves to be killed the way she was, but it was her karma that had caught up to her instead.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I agree with you. Ying Rampa accepted that she was not chosen and took the high road whereas Riewtong is so obsessed with showing that she can best Ying Rampa that she let it rule her. Before she purposefully burned herself and then everything she's done since Chai Adiek chose her has been about securing her position rather than loving her "husband". The N'rai's interference adds onto her obsession. Her bad karma like the monk said is her grudge/vengeance and holding onto it is what has driven her to do all the bad things in life and as a ghost. From the previews, she has Ying Rampa raped. No sane person would do that. So no she doesn't deserve to be murdered but I can't feel bad for her either.

siraphun

sarNie Hatchling
I don't know but i'm feeling flaws in this lakorn already as i'm wondering if everything will go well together at the end.  it's like jui's character turned 180 degrees.  as for jenny she shouldn't be looking down at people like that like telling Jason to stay away from her sis.  I thought that was kinda sad.  she doesn't understand what love is either to a certain degree.  too much pride and prejudice for that girl.  but ok, whatever happened to the witch girl in the present time?  look like she's the one who's been doing all the evil deeds so she better not get away with it along with yaya ying.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I honestly don't think Riewthong turn a 180 degrees. I think she was that way the entire time, but it is the way the story is being told. They are trying to keep it suspenseful with the Riewthong's weakness turned sour lol. If we knew Riewthong was that way from the beginning many would probably not really want to watch. It will be a recycle of Noon and Rita's lakorn lol. 

I can't honestly say that Ying Rampa isn't as bad as Riewthong (Cause it was unclear to me if Ying Rampa knew her brother was going to try to rape Riewthong? I know she wanted her brother to pursue Riewthong so that she will leave Adirek alone, but I don't know for sure if she agreed with raping Riewthong). 

Despite my previous statement above this line, I think Riewthong was playing with fire when she continued to harass Rampa, you win. She gets it. Continuously hounding her isn't good for you. I feel that the way Riewthong treats the servants showed her true color. She isn't a good person like Adirek believes. She isn't this weak fragile girl that can be protected. If she were a good person she wouldn't have treated the servants that way. At this point she thinks she is in a competition with Rampa. Even if Rampa initially wanted Riewthong to back off Adirek, once she realized she lost she stepped away. Riewthong knew from the beginning that she wanted to beat Rampa and win Adirek's heart. Even if Adirek chooses Rampa, I can say without hesitation that Riewthong would still pursue him. 

Later on Adirek will be bewitched by Lom Phet, and Rampa believes wholeheartedly that Adirek isn't the type that would just quit loving someone so easily. She gets to the bottom of it and saves him from Lom Phet and Muey Guey. Riewthong would have believed that Adirek truly forgot about her. Rampa truly loves Adirek, and Riewthong doesn't. She as Rampa said is infatuated and not in love.

For those wondering about Muey Guey (The girl who lives with Lom Phet/Yaya Ying)

She dies cursing a journal, and because she practice black magic, it is probably unlikely that she can reborn.

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
Ying Lampa was a practical person. Once she learnt that she lost out of love competition, she cried hard and then moved on. 

Riewthong was insecure about everything not just with Ying Lampa. She was so afraid that servants might look down on her. The way she tried mixing everything for her coffee at breakfast told the story. So when she got hurt by the servants accidentally, she took it personally, thinking that the servants were carelessly treating her due to her low status in the past. That's very natural. She actually did not fit into the society of Tan Chai at all. 

I think there's more hidden story about how Tan Chai fell out of love with Riewthong. Also that Chinese girl would come into seduce Tan Chai with the help of that witch girl. 

The story seems more complicated than we originally think but that's one attraction that this lakorn has. I'm so addicted! Oh gosh!.

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
I think it's pretty obvious to why Tan Chai Adjek fell out of love with reiwthong....he probably finally understand what kind of women he fell in love with is no longer there with him meaning she isn't the women he thought he fell in love with. When he learns that Riewthong isn't the person he thought she was and he distant himself from her. I'm sure he stilled love her till the end since she was his first love and never forgot her but he probably did fall in love with someone else until he realize Ying Rampa....and all the stuff she has done for him he promised to love her in the next life bc he knew if he did love her in there past life he would never be truly hers so instead he promised to love her in the next life instead.

siraphun said:
I don't know but i'm feeling flaws in this lakorn already as i'm wondering if everything will go well together at the end.  it's like jui's character turned 180 degrees.  as for jenny she shouldn't be looking down at people like that like telling Jason to stay away from her sis.  I thought that was kinda sad.  she doesn't understand what love is either to a certain degree.  too much pride and prejudice for that girl.  but ok, whatever happened to the witch girl in the present time?  look like she's the one who's been doing all the evil deeds so she better not get away with it along with yaya ying.
am yam pa and tan chai will be together in future life l have my friend in thailand translated tan chai song which still that he have to pay her back in the next for love ing him but he by loveing only her put he has to wait for the heaven to permit that time

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
Oops I'm amazed of how jealousy and insecurity can destroy people's lives. Riewthong's mom and dad died very unfairly. Ying Lampa shows more and more decency once the shows delves into what had happened in the past. But I miss Toey's stares at Janie at present time, heeee.... In thai lakorn, we rarely see kisses instead gazes and stares so those stares from Toey at Janie I assume were kisses ..... :D :D :D 

Kiachue1

FF Writer!! Love it!
Man I wish this lakorn had smarter ppl.....there all so easily deceive well what can I complain isn't all lakorn so this way lol I'd say they just keep giving Riewthong going to have what's coming for her in the next episode. She looked like she got over her parents death quite easily. In fact I'm actually looking forward for the next episode. Hopefully Riewthong get a taste of her own medicine and there done putting up with her bs.

I will hv to applaud Ying Rampa. Her character development isn't that bad and she's being the bigger person and not wanting to create problems.

Hopefully tan chai adiek gets smarter. I hope everyone does.

mewninii

sarNie Egg
wow i absolutely loved this episode :)
really reminds me of the quote from Buddha: 
"Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one that gets burned" 

I'm really starting to love Ying, she overdid it in the beginning, but at the very least she was able to let everything go and be humble in defeat. 
I'm stilll wanting a lot more present lovey dovey stuff with Ying and Tan Chai...  :mellow:

Riewthong sadly couldve had a wonderful and happy life but was too obsessed with who and what she was born with. She can never change the circumstances she's born under but she could've changed what she would become. 
Tan Chai gave her an opportunity of a lifetime to become a lady of social standings and yet she became despicable like what all the nobles thought of lower class ppl.... 
really sad she indirectly killed off her parents too. tsk tsk....  :rant:

Saechash

sarNie Juvenile
mewninii said:
wow i absolutely loved this episode :)
really reminds me of the quote from Buddha: 
"Holding onto anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one that gets burned" 

I'm really starting to love Ying, she overdid it in the beginning, but at the very least she was able to let everything go and be humble in defeat. 
I'm stilll wanting a lot more present lovey dovey stuff with Ying and Tan Chai...  :mellow:

Riewthong sadly couldve had a wonderful and happy life but was too obsessed with who and what she was born with. She can never change the circumstances she's born under but she could've changed what she would become. 
Tan Chai gave her an opportunity of a lifetime to become a lady of social standings and yet she became despicable like what all the nobles thought of lower class ppl.... 
really sad she indirectly killed off her parents too. tsk tsk....  :rant:
It's like what the monk Broong said...who started the problems first is not as important as who ended first. Ying Rampa conceited her loss and stopped her bitterness. Riewtong let bitterness consume her even though she won. and rather than elevating herself and proving that she can rise above her low-born status, she became like you said, the loud, brawling stereotypical low class person that even the servants of the upper class looked down upon. Crazy that she attacked Ying Rampa in her own wang...Riewtong may have loved Tan Chai but her love is a poisonous obsession and not pure. Ying Rampa truly loved and knew her Chao Pi, hence she was able to realize something was wrong. I think that's why even though Tan Chai loved Riewtong, they were not soul mates.

The monk also said something interesting when Ying Née's spirit visited him...even though he didn't love her, he was prepared to care for her for the rest of his life, that goodness is better than love...both Ying Née's obsession with securing the person they loved, brought them anger, suffering and bad karma. Maybe because Ying Rampa didn't let her love overtake her, she was able to be reborn and offset some of the bad karma by being a good person that always has forgiveness in her heart.

mewninii

sarNie Egg
Saechash said:
It's like what the monk Broong said...who started the problems first is not as important as who ended first. Ying Rampa conceited her loss and stopped her bitterness. 
Yes totally agree. What I love about these ghost stories, even though a lot of them don't tie things up very well, are the teachings they provide. Really love that <3 

Episode 11 was so good. 
Amazing, awesome stand out scene for me was Riewtong coming in to attack/slap Ying yet Ying didn't do the same back even though she was angry and couldve.
Just so much love and admiration for Ying Rampa. The better woman all around.this scene really convinces me that Ying's karma shouldn't be all that bad in the present life. 

Definitely the epitome of why I dislike it when ppl say the nang'ek's who don't fight back/ slap back are weak lol.
just because someone does it to you doesn't mean you've gotta stoop to their level.

andreanaing

sarNie Juvenile
Love everything about this drama! I'm glad that Tan Chai came back to love Ying Lampa. That's so awesome. I'm interested how he made such decision. 

Karma is truly getting back at people; this questions if Tan Chai will get back what he has done to Ying Lampa- the latter loving another person at this present life this time.