[Ch3] Padiwarada (Good Feeling)

MissSunny

sarNie Adult
I think Saran is going to feel even more low when he knows that Rin is Chalat's sister and someone who came from a rich family because of his experience with Duang. Of course that is just stupid because he shouldn't feel low just because Rin is rich. They're both already married and even consummated their marriage. They're one person with one heart. Saran even said that himself so hopefully everything will be alright.

MissSunny

sarNie Adult
Anyone else wondering why Saran still calls Rin "you" instead of calling her by her actual name? Um Saran, she has a name you know? Why you gotta keep calling her "you"?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
MissSunny said:
Anyone else wondering why Saran still calls Rin "you" instead of calling her by her actual name? Um Saran, she has a name you know? Why you gotta keep calling her "you"?
It's not even just that, but using lhon is like calling someone "gae." Maybe it's just me, but it sounds basically like he's talking to a servant lol. It sounds ok when it is coming from someone older. Like I know in other period lakorns older people use it on their grandchildren and etc, but for Saran to be using it on Rin loll! 

Thookatha

sarNie Elites
Ummmmmm, so im like obsessed with james and bella. What the freak? Can their cuteness be any more torturous???!!!! Ahh!!

And whoever is scripting/directing this lakorn is freakin brilliant. Every scene, every line has such deep and delicate meaning. Im just in love with everything about this lakorn!! Hehe

krakatowa

sarNie Egg
Love is in the air. Love is a many-splendored thing. That's what ep 10 is all about. It's well worth the wait. The build up to ep 10 was brilliant from the script to the directing to the acting of the cast members, especially the wonderful chemistry between James+Bella. This ep is a HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY gift to us fans. ;-)

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
JennieN said:
May I ask  what's Saran's mom was saying at the end to both Saran and Rin and then they hold hands?

She was telling them, now that they are legally married, it's just the beginning. It may be sweet and refreshing at first but their love can turn dull over time. It's up to them to keep their love strong and passionate. - something along these lines... That's what made them hold hands and look at each other.

______

So Rin thinks that she's part of her adopted family and there's no secret... Hmm I guess it makes sense with how her character is. She's so innocent and naive. -- What bothers me the most is that even after they "adopted" her, Rin still sits on the floor in front of her "family". 

Mango12

sarNie Egg
x0unerthanlater said:

______

So Rin thinks that she's part of her adopted family and there's no secret... Hmm I guess it makes sense with how her character is. She's so innocent and naive. -- What bothers me the most is that even after they "adopted" her, Rin still sits on the floor in front of her "family". 
Me too, I was confused about that too. Why does she sit on the floor and they get to sit in chairs. I mean if her parents truly love her like their own, why treat her like a maid and such. Oh well, at least she was the one who end up with Saran.

Does anyone think James look more mature now than his last drama with Bella?

sarN

sarNie Granny
Her adoptive family does love her , even though she seem like a servant around the house but she was educated & goes to the same school with the two daughters, they were close & grow up together, none of the daughter learn their mother's cooking tatic , ect but Rin does , she often said "mom taught me this & that , father give advice of this & so " therefore , she was close to the parent & they raise her well . The parent said Rin is special , gifted , worthy , she have a heart to love & create happiness , ect , basically, they are proud of her humble natural. Rin siting on the floor might be a habit b/c she never felt she was at their level, also, in Asian culture , one respect elder by not sitting higher than them or if the elder is sitting you can not stand when having conversations w/ them.

sarNie Adult
Finally got a hold of a computer! Yay! For all of you young'uns, here are pics of Elvis and James Dean, the men of Rin's dreams. First, a pic of our hero, Palad Saran: 

then here we have Elvis in the late 1950's

and here we have James Dean: 

See the resemblance?

x0unerthanlater

She still sits on the floor when the two sisters sits in the chairs. I just think someone could have just said, "Rin why don't you sit with us..." etc. It might be a habit for Rin but her sisters could have asked her to join them sitting in the chairs. It's just weird.

Mango12

sarNie Egg
x0unerthanlater said:
She still sits on the floor when the two sisters sits in the chairs. I just think someone could have just said, "Rin why don't you sit with us..." etc. It might be a habit for Rin but her sisters could have asked her to join them sitting in the chairs. It's just weird.
I agree. They should have made room for her. So what if she sits on the ground because she is being respectful to her elders, but why does she have to sleep with the maid? Like Saran said, why are her clothes handmade and she is not in any of the pictures with her family. I guess adoption back in the days mean you take someone in and care of them but not close enough like your blood family . Poor Rin, at least her father and brother is alive and looking for her. Do you guys find the aunt to be cute? She is so cute, being supportive of everything her nephew is doing and helping to make sure her brother is ok.

montha91

Can’t get out of Tian and Muey’s world
Their hairstyle look the same. Lol

D~D

sarNie Adult
x0unerthanlater said:

I know right !!!!! :rant:  :rant:
I'm still angry about the whole  "moving Rin's belonging " thing to cover up. At first, when I watched it raw, I was like " awe, they really wanted her to feel like a REAL family member" but after the episode was sub and I found out why, I was so piss off.  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:  :rant:

ok, ok, ok.... I'm moving on b/c Saran and Rin are together now.  :dance1:

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Maybe the inconsistency is because they changed a lot from the book but still kept some things. This is all 2nd hand info from Pantip people who read the books so I can't vouch for it but in the book the family did really like Rin but blood is still thicker than water. I don't know if in the book they officially adopted her. Since it's no longer spoilers really I can describe it. Baralee was way more spoiled and selfish. She was the one that told Duang that Rin was a maid as revenge for not helping her. In the lakorn Duang finds out another way. Yeah in the previews she does lash out at Rin but I think thats all she does. Then the mom finds out that Rin is Chalat's sister and tries to keep it a secret because she thinks Rin is going to steal the inheritance from Chalat. Since Buranee is with Chalat she wanted to keep the wealth all for her daughter. Also the dad wasn't really involved in the whole drama and Rin isn't as humble.

The lakorn made the family nicer and Rin more humble but the whole plot is Rin the servant marrying Saran through lies. Saran also wasn't as insecure in the book so they probably wanted to play up the "Saran knows this family sent him a servant" adding to his issues plot and to do that, Rin still has to come off like a maid. But they also want to make Rin genuinely part of the family so we end up with some inconsistencies.

I haven't read the lakorn spoilers past ep.11 but apparently the lakorn changed the entire book story from the point of Chalat trying to find his half-sister to the end. Book Chalat was friends with Arunrerk and Arunrerk was also Saran's friend and he only loved Rin as a sister.

This is my personal opinion on why they changed so much from the book while still trying to keep the central plot.
1. They made the family nicer because they wanted the mom and dad to teach Rin about being "Padiwarada" in a comparable way that Khun Ying Kaew teaches Saran. The book isn't preachy with all the "teachings" the parents tell their kids.

2. Baralee was nicer but the husband had to stay bad because he's a plot point to set up Rin having to choose between her family and Saran. I think I can get past her lashing out at Rin one time cause emotional angry people say mean things. She's not perfect. I'll have a problem if she doesn't get over it and apologize.

3. Rin was made to be a real part of the family to make her choosing Saran over the Bumroomprachakit family more meaningful to Saran. In the book, they fell in love when Rin took care of Saran while he was hurt. Book Saran didn't have to test Rin with the whole signing Panit's file thing.

4. Also the whole identity lie was a big plot point in the book. Rin always felt guilty for the lie and towards the end, she ran away from Saran because Duang blackmailed her with the truth.

Since they took away the guilt about the identity lie thing by making Rin feel like real a part of the family, I'm guessing the last problem/split up they'll have is Saran's insecurity. I think instead of Rin's insecurity about the lie and being a servant, they'll change it to Saran's insecurity that Rin is rich while he's poor. I'm guessing based on how they made Saran more insecure and more of a drama queen here.

MissSunny

sarNie Adult
jeanie1 said:
Maybe the inconsistency is because they changed a lot from the book but still kept some things. This is all 2nd hand info from Pantip people who read the books so I can't vouch for it but in the book the family did really like Rin but blood is still thicker than water. I don't know if in the book they officially adopted her. Since it's no longer spoilers really I can describe it. Baralee was way more spoiled and selfish. She was the one that told Duang that Rin was a maid as revenge for not helping her. In the lakorn Duang finds out another way. Yeah in the previews she does lash out at Rin but I think thats all she does. Then the mom finds out that Rin is Chalat's sister and tries to keep it a secret because she thinks Rin is going to steal the inheritance from Chalat. Since Buranee is with Chalat she wanted to keep the wealth all for her daughter. Also the dad wasn't really involved in the whole drama and Rin isn't as humble.

The lakorn made the family nicer and Rin more humble but the whole plot is Rin the servant marrying Saran through lies. Saran also wasn't as insecure in the book so they probably wanted to play up the "Saran knows this family sent him a servant" adding to his issues plot and to do that, Rin still has to come off like a maid. But they also want to make Rin genuinely part of the family so we end up with some inconsistencies.

I haven't read the lakorn spoilers past ep.11 but apparently the lakorn changed the entire book story from the point of Chalat trying to find his half-sister to the end. Book Chalat was friends with Arunrerk and Arunrerk was also Saran's friend and he only loved Rin as a sister.

This is my personal opinion on why they changed so much from the book while still trying to keep the central plot.
1. They made the family nicer because they wanted the mom and dad to teach Rin about being "Padiwarada" in a comparable way that Khun Ying Kaew teaches Saran. The book isn't preachy with all the "teachings" the parents tell their kids.

2. Baralee was nicer but the husband had to stay bad because he's a plot point to set up Rin having to choose between her family and Saran. I think I can get past her lashing out at Rin one time cause emotional angry people say mean things. She's not perfect. I'll have a problem if she doesn't get over it and apologize.

3. Rin was made to be a real part of the family to make her choosing Saran over the Bumroomprachakit family more meaningful to Saran. In the book, they fell in love when Rin took care of Saran while he was hurt. Book Saran didn't have to test Rin with the whole signing Panit's file thing.

4. Also the whole identity lie was a big plot point in the book. Rin always felt guilty for the lie and towards the end, she ran away from Saran because Duang blackmailed her with the truth.

Since they took away the guilt about the identity lie thing by making Rin feel like real a part of the family, I'm guessing the last problem/split up they'll have is Saran's insecurity. I think instead of Rin's insecurity about the lie and being a servant, they'll change it to Saran's insecurity that Rin is rich while he's poor. I'm guessing based on how they made Saran more insecure and more of a drama queen here.

WOW! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE EXPLANATION!!!!! MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!!!  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:
Now I wish I could have read the book. I think it's great that they changed some of the things in the storyline of the book while making the lakorn. I don't really like to see the storyline where the orphan girl's family is mean while she is the nice one. I think it was a nice change to see Rin's family treat her nicely, even though she was still a servant.

lin88

sarNie Hatchling
jeanie1 said:

Well said. Explains a lot. Thanks jeanie1 I like how this story is going atm.

krakatowa

sarNie Egg
Like some of you, I have mixed feelings about Rin's adoptive family after watching the subbed version. I think we have to remember that Rin's adoptive family treat Rin like a daughter and like a sister. The operativ word is "like", not just a daughter and sister. So their love for her is only to a certain extent, not unconditional love as we would expect for their own biological children unfortunately.

It's still sad to watch those scenes where Saran observed that Rin's clothes were not store bought or the time Rin talked to Saran about making 4 outfits for her parents and two sisters for a party, or the fact that she had always slept in the servant quarter until Chalat started asking questions. These scenes brought tears to my eyes.:-(

x0unerthanlater

I like the plot overall. The only thing I dislike is her family. They seem nice BUT we have to remember that the only reason Rin is married to Saran was because Baranee didn't want to get married.

I know the writers want us to think that her family treats her well, but we could see that up until they needed her to show her gratitude (by marrying Saran) they've "let" her be as a servant.

I'm so glad that Saran now adores her. Rin can count on him to protect her.

JJ is like the only p'ek that really gets to kiss Bella. Teehee even if they're just cheek kisses.