[Ch3] Rising Sun Series 1: Roy Ruk Hak Liam Tawan (Maker Group)

krakatowa

sarNie Egg
JJinxx, you took the words right out of my mouth. :thanks:  Thank you for expressing so beautifully the eternal love that Takeshi and Seiko have for each other. I'm loving this lakorn so much.  It's my current obsession especially since this is my first time watching Mario. I'm so loving his portrayal of Takeshi.  :heart:  :heart: 

It so refreshing to see this kind of love story in today's drama especially in Thai lakorn.  It's simple but have a wonderful message of love between a man and woman; love among family members, i.e. Takeshi and his mom and dad; Takeshi and Ryu; Satoshi and Aiko.

Hanajungupup

sarNie Adult
Yesterday Taew posted a short piano from "The Rising Sun" OST..I wish there would be longer :(( Can't believe next week is the final episode :(( I'm gonna miss Seiko and Takeshi...

http://instagram.com/p/rr01IHpslW

btw, I would love to see Mario and Taew on screen again but not with the type of character...Taew did much better with kind of character with strong personality, even she did really good with Seiko, but it wastes her talent somehow...

samn09

sarNie Egg
yes i agree, i would like to see them on screen again in another lakorn, maybe an action one or one with both of their characters a little bit aggressive :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:. Hmm...ch3 should consider this! What a great idea we have  :dance1:  :dance1: 

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
can't believe its ending next week...gonna miss takeshi and seiko so much...love their sweetness together...first lakorn that p'ek always so sweet to his n'ek throughout the whole lakorn...

i'll be crying next week when seiko had to lose her baby...why they have to make her have miscarriage?..at least save her a piece of takeshi since she thought that she already lose takeshi...lots of crying for me next week.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
Wahh. Please tell me she doesn't lose the baby! But don't go all out with the spoilers. I like surprises. Sweet ones that is. Lol.

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
jjinxx said:
No proposal scene has surprised me as much as Takeshi's! It's beyond adorable and sweet, the way we watch their love blossom and their relationship as husband and wife and then he gets to propose to make their matrimony official. But the ship scene also broke my heart! Takeshi looked so devastated and Seiko cried so sadly and genuinely. :'(

I get where Seiko is coming from. She knows what goals and life she wants and as much as she loves Takeshi, she is a woman living in a modern world where her choices are abundant and she owns her future! Of course I want and know they will end up together but let's take a minute to appreciate the amazing character that Seiko is! She makes me proud of the writers, making her own decisions and standing by her belief that she deserves a life free of violence and sadness. Fortunately, Takeshi is a man who doesn't find his warrior life appealing either! It's difficult on both of them, and there are sacrifices. But damn, despite its foreign fantasy and samurai drama, this love story feels like one of the most realistic love stories of lakorn! :D

Sad. I almost believed that Satoshi wouldn't die. But finally, the truth comes out! Misawa is going down!
same here too...every words of yours was just so right out of my mouth...

samn09

sarNie Egg
sighsss...so i'm watching ep 10 w/o subtitles...so far i just know Seiko rejects Takeshi...everything else i don't understand hahahaha....

I have to say if I were her, i would do everything in my power to make the relationship work. Where in the world can you find a guy like Takeshi and his love? In lakorns of course! But if it were true, she should try to make it work if her love is that deep for Takeshi. Who cares cultural boundaries, just do what your heart tells you b/c later on she's going to regret it and carry that sorrow for the rest of her life and that's what going to eat at her. Things are difficult to make it happen but it doesn't mean it's impossible. Be selfish for once Seiko and think about your man!!!!! I don't know, make it work somehow....hhahah I'm so dramatic... :pervie: :pervie:

Oh and does ep 10 say Seiko is pregnant yet?

junemaikao

sarNie Hatchling
sorry i didn't mean to spoiled it...i thought everyones already read the story and know that she will have a miscarriage...but don't worry, there will be surprises...

samn09

sarNie Egg
Ummm...when this series, will this thread be moved to the old lakorn section? We can't praise the cuteness of their sporadic appearances in RS2 in this thread? I'm not sure if we can praise how cute seiko and takeshi is in the rs2 thread since it's about yaya and nadech

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
^I'm sure we can! There have been tons of praise for Ryu and Mayumi's cuteness on this thread, hahaha. Since Takeshi and Seiko will make appearances in part 2, there's no reason we can't talk about them in part 2's thread. :)

Whoa. Miscarriage is news to me! That is...so sad. I can't bear to watch Seiko and Takeshi when it happens...:(

Their relationship already works. It's just a matter of what they truly want for their futures.Constantly fearing each other's death? Or safety, security, following their own paths. Those things are just as important as love. :)

Smiles and frowns, *sigh*. This lakorn is too beautiful to end. I could watch Takeshi and Seiko's lives forever!
But yes! YES! We need to see Mario and Taew paired up again! I thought they really suited each other after watching Plerng Toranong, but in here they've grown into a powerful koo kwan in my heart! I want one where they're both sassy with each other, LOL! Not comedy though, but like drama and both have strong assertive characters as y'all said.

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
You guys, use the spoiler tag if you're going to mention something that hasn't come up. Pleeeeease. Not all of us want to read spoilers.

Poor Takeshi... he must be hating his duties right now. I can understand where Seiko is coming from, but love requires sacrifice. She knew what he was when she got to know him. Then, she even got to live with him. All of a sudden she doesn't want to be a part of his life even if she loves him? So the only way they would get to be together is if he gives up his position? C'mon Seiko... Yes, the woman of Souryo is his weakest spot... but doesn't she realize that being far from him still makes her a target? And an even greater threat to Takeshi? Staying right beside him is as safe as she'll ever be. Everyone knows that Takeshi would go running if Seiko was in danger... Why would she think that being away from him would keep him safe? This is impratical logic on her part. In reality, Seiko would be called a tease. She agrees to live with him, sleep with him, love him, but in the end decides she doesn't want no part in his lifestyle...? GIRRRRRRL, move over! I'll live with Takeshi!! 5555+ okay, really though. Yeah, yeah we all know that Takeshi has to step down in order for Ryu to become Souryo in part II of the Rising Sun... -_- I hope we get to see lots of Takeshi & Seiko in part II because we saw tidbits of Ryu and Mayumi in part I. 

P.s. Misawa Riki is a dummmmmmmy! Does he really believe Takeshi would be so shameless as to kill Satoshi? Riki, Takeshi wouldn't have a motive for killing Satoshi, you ignorant loser! You're the true betrayer here! He goes killing everyone but once his son dies... Oh Oh, everyone has to pay??? pffft.

Cupid Candy

sarNie Coma
Holy moly Seiko, how could you do that to my Takeshi and for all the reasons in the world, it was because of a dream. If I had a dream where my parents told me to jump off a bridge to save humanity, I would certainly not do that when I wake up GEEZ. I'm a bit disappointed in this lakorn, if only there was more development between Seiko and Takeshi in the beginning and the plot needed to be a bit more complicated with the bad guys and such. I don't want it to end next week!!!!!!

Wow Nadech's crying scene was good. The way his lips were quivering and the runny nose, such a well acted scene.

MrsChum

sarNie Adult
jjinxx said:
^I'm sure we can! There have been tons of praise for Ryu and Mayumi's cuteness on this thread, hahaha. Since Takeshi and Seiko will make appearances in part 2, there's no reason we can't talk about them in part 2's thread. :)

Whoa. Miscarriage is news to me! That is...so sad. I can't bear to watch Seiko and Takeshi when it happens...:(

Their relationship already works. It's just a matter of what they truly want for their futures.Constantly fearing each other's death? Or safety, security, following their own paths. Those things are just as important as love. :)

Smiles and frowns, *sigh*. This lakorn is too beautiful to end. I could watch Takeshi and Seiko's lives forever!
But yes! YES! We need to see Mario and Taew paired up again! I thought they really suited each other after watching Plerng Toranong, but in here they've grown into a powerful koo kwan in my heart! I want one where they're both sassy with each other, LOL! Not comedy though, but like drama and both have strong assertive characters as y'all said.
Haha, don't worry na!! We can praise Seiko and Takeshi in any thread. Anyway, she might have a miscarriage but we will see them living happily together in the beautiful vineyard in Thailand with more kids on the way.

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
^^^Okay, please don't take offense. I really just want to share my own thoughts to the words I read that are posted on here. 
I think in Seiko's dream, her parents' words were her own conscience telling her about HER OWN thoughts. I honestly believe that a person's true thoughts come out in dreams. So while it was through the mouth of her parents, those thoughts were her own. And I think it's very reasonable to say not to the person you love if the life she will have with him will be unhealthy in any way, including physically or mentally.

I don't think that Seiko can be called a tease -- because she was kidnapped and Takeshi decided on his own that he would take her in as his Okusan. She had no say, and if it was a choice between being out in the city battling Aiko's jealousy, or being a bit safer in Takeshi's home, I don't think she has much choice. To me, Seiko has never "led Takeshi on" because all of her words, her actions, have been sincere. And not once has she said or shown that she likes the warrior lifestyle or being Okusan. She openly admits she loves him and she accepts his love, but she has been consistent in reminding Takeshi that their lives are different, she doesn't know how long she can be Okusan. And I think Seiko is a great example of the awesome truth that a woman can be independent; that she can love someone else and also respect herself and her desires; that maybe she is giving him up, not just for his safety, but for herself too. 

I understand that this is just a lakorn, and sometimes, I get more attached to some lakorn than to others, so I'm not trying to call anything out. :) I just really like Seiko, Takeshi, and I like the circumstances that this love story is set upon. Please ignore this comment if it seems I'm "taking things too seriously" lol because I have a lot of these thoughts when watching Thai lakorn. tl;dr

alwaizemeeh

sarNie Adult
I loved Mario in movies but this is my first time loving him in a lakorn.. I really think Nadech is to thank not that Mario isn't already talented... I feel Nadech brings out a side of Mario the audience has never seen? I usually just see him as the regular cool guy but now he's comfortable doing things I don't usually see him do. For the give me 5 concert thing Mario did this come to me finger thing and swoon I was so in love... Mario is the new Pra ek in my heart right next to Nadech!!!!!! Haven't changed my sig since 4hjhkk.... I'm thinking I'm going to update it to rising sun....

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
I don't think it's because of Nadech. Mario's most noteworthy scenes are with Taew. The way he looks at her with those longing eyes is proof that he has Taew to thank for the chemistry. Mario has been in the acting industry for a very long time so I wouldn't say that Nadech, alone, brings out the best in his acting when it should be the other way around. I think Mario finally encountered a lakorn role that he's interested in. When you set your heart and mind into something you like doing, it shows. Maybe he can relate to Takeshi in some kind of way as a mature 25 year old turning 26. Maybe his break up with GG allowed him to relate better to his characters when it comes to love and heartbreak. 

MissSunny

sarNie Adult
I can't believe Seiko refused and turned down Takeshi's marriage proposal! If it was me, I would have jumped at the opportunity without hesitation. However, I think I understand where she is coming from. I think if my future boyfriend was in the mafia or yakuza, I don't think I would be able to live and marry him because everyday, I would have to live with caution and live with that fact that there will be always be someone waiting to kill my lover and myself. It's like standing on thin ice, not knowing when you will fall into the cold water and die. I don't think I could live with that uneasiness in my mind for the rest of my life. Also, if I was to marry him, my children would be put in danger. I think I understand Seiko's decision, but I'm still annoyed and pissed at her! If she's already made a decision to love and stay with him and give him her body, heart and soul way back in the earlier episodes then why run away at the last minute!?

x0unerthanlater

`my dragon's blood is blue`
jjinxx said:
^^^Okay, please don't take offense. I really just want to share my own thoughts to the words I read that are posted on here. 
I think in Seiko's dream, her parents' words were her own conscience telling her about HER OWN thoughts. I honestly believe that a person's true thoughts come out in dreams. So while it was through the mouth of her parents, those thoughts were her own. And I think it's very reasonable to say not to the person you love if the life she will have with him will be unhealthy in any way, including physically or mentally.

I don't think that Seiko can be called a tease -- because she was kidnapped and Takeshi decided on his own that he would take her in as his Okusan. She had no say, and if it was a choice between being out in the city battling Aiko's jealousy, or being a bit safer in Takeshi's home, I don't think she has much choice. To me, Seiko has never "led Takeshi on" because all of her words, her actions, have been sincere. And not once has she said or shown that she likes the warrior lifestyle or being Okusan. She openly admits she loves him and she accepts his love, but she has been consistent in reminding Takeshi that their lives are different, she doesn't know how long she can be Okusan. And I think Seiko is a great example of the awesome truth that a woman can be independent; that she can love someone else and also respect herself and her desires; that maybe she is giving him up, not just for his safety, but for herself too. 

I understand that this is just a lakorn, and sometimes, I get more attached to some lakorn than to others, so I'm not trying to call anything out. :) I just really like Seiko, Takeshi, and I like the circumstances that this love story is set upon. Please ignore this comment if it seems I'm "taking things too seriously" lol because I have a lot of these thoughts when watching Thai lakorn. tl;dr

No offence taken. I believe everyone has the rights to voice their opinions. Just because we watch the same lakorn doesn't mean we all get the same thing from it. Everyone's perception of what they watch will be different. I said, in reality Seiko's actions may be seen as a tease because she had the choice to say no to Takeshi (which she did multiple times) yet, it was her own choice when she decided to give in to him. She "lets" him treat her the way that he did. In real life, if a man was treating you the way Takeshi was treating Seiko, but you didn't like it, you can say no and avoid it. I know she didn't have a choice in her living situation after everything got dangerous, but she could have held on with determination not to sleep with him. But she made that decision. She accepted his love and professed hers. She promised to stand by him, and guide him on his path. (the poem exchanging vows) This, to a man is pretty much a vow to live together forever. Yet, in the end when he does the right thing and honors her by proposing she rejects him... I bet if she didn't have that dream, she would have married him. She felt guilty thinking that her parents would scold her for choosing Takeshi.

You see in the preview that she goes back to work at the fruit stall... Kenichi kidnaps her again and uses her as bait to lure Takeshi out. That's why I said her logic was impratical. It doesn't make sense to leave the man who's protecting you, only to become an even weaker spot to him.

These are just my opinions on how I watched the show. I think the writers could have smoothed some parts over a bit more so that it all makes more sense. Of course it's just a lakorn though, that's why everything we wouldn't do in real life, can be done in a show.