[Ch3] Samee (Maker J)

sarN

sarNie Granny
OK, I feel like a smelly egg in a basket lol ------ but I still like the old version a bit more , I know I know...ya' will think because I'm a rscene frantic , sadist enjoyable , or just crazy lol. Yeah, the trust issue is very rare in lakorn because the drama must goes on for any trust to happen, therefore it was a fresh air for a change. OK... here it go ----Rab is tooo much a gentleman for me to believe he have a pay mistress ! Right there just kill me because they make him too nice & loveable but yet he does this instead of having a realationship which seen out of character some how for Great.Rab in the old version was a jerk/alpmale, so yeah he will do this kind of thing and his reason was no other than "I'm rich, no woman wil be true to me without other motive. I pay for sex and when the time come we parted w/ no string attach". I'm a bad girl. I enjoy the sadist version more but this version is nice too , overall 1-10 i give it a 5.

looksy

sarNie Adult
cecilia said:
Looksy, I'm so gad you gave this  a chance. You expressed exactly how I feel about this lakorn. 

Cecilia, I'm so glad I gave it a chance, too. To think that I could have missed out on such a hidden gem. I'm just sad that I wasn't here to spazz with you girls when it was airing. Some of those scenes were just golden to me. Though I gushed on and on about Ying Ai and Rab, I do love the supporting characters/cast as well. There were many good life lessons hidden within the supporting characters' storylines. One that comes to mind at the moment is when Rab and Roong asked their eldest sister if she can really handle the fact that she will have a hand in reporting her husband to the police. She said something on the lines of that for her, the choice is clear. To chose between an outsider who only takes from her or a father who has helped and has loved her since she was a child. She has no regrets.

sarN said:
OK, I feel like a smelly egg in a basket lol ------ but I still like the old version a bit more ....Rab is tooo much a gentleman for me to believe he have a pay mistress ! Right there just kill me because they make him too nice & loveable but yet he does this instead of having a realationship which seen out of character some how for Great.Rab in the old version was a jerk/alpmale, so yeah he will do this kind of thing and his reason was no other than "I'm rich, no woman wil be true to me without other motive. I pay for sex and when the time come we parted w/ no string attach". I'm a bad girl. I enjoy the sadist version more but this version is nice too , overall 1-10 i give it a 5.

SarN, I didn't see the old version. I do agree with you that it's out of character for Rab to have had mistresses in past, but then be such a gentleman and a steadfast romantic to Ai.  The only clues we get for this is what is said between him and his friend Nop. I wondered too, if Rab had fell in love with Ai  2 years earlier and it was love at first sight for him, why did he wait so long to pursue her? My only thinking is that he was so busy with the family business to woe her the way he wanted to because since she's "the one", he will treat her differently from previous women.  He has money and good looks so he was probably used to women throwing themselves at him so he never felt anything genuine for them, but he enjoyed their company. Then when he saw Ai teaching art at his son's school, it impressed him that a beautiful young noble woman would be kind enough to care and volunteer her time to children. He saw what he had never seen before in women, a selfless woman who didn't care about money. He probably never thought he would find such a woman that would make his heart beat so fast. He had mentioned in the closing scene of the lakorn that he had thought that being a husband meant that he must marry the person he loves. He never thought of marrying any of his mistresses and was honest with them about it by making it clear to each that if they agree to be his mistress, there were rules that they need to accept, that it's just temporary with no strings attached. 

For me, this is what I really love about how this character was presented to us. I love how respectful, patient, soft spoken, and romantic he was with her. This is the only woman he had deem his wife....someone whom he will put above all others. In the beginning of the lakorn, he was happy to finally meet her and saw the chance to get close to her when his dad married her mom, but then, when he discovered that she hated his dad and his family name, he mentioned that he didn't want things to start out like that. Then he realized he might not have a chance with her because she is so prideful and stubborn. So like he told Wee, he used his money to buy "an opportunity".  The power struggle between them was only in the early episodes. He used his money to get her to be his wife, but felt that he could get her to love him by just him loving her.....the way he had wanted to originally woe her. 

jessiegwen73@gmail.com said:
I'm dying to know more about their interview in Kazz Magazine. If it's not too much trouble, could you tell me what they talked about in the clip if you like. 

Oh, I wish I could, but I'm not Thai.  

To looksy,
Thanks for your comment to stir up and give us the insight into the plot of Samee. I think there was a lot of good stuff in Samee, such as the script , the cast, the editing, the music... ( พูดอะไรไม่ได้สักอย่าง (สามี ) ฟิล์ม บงกช  sung by the female singer). ... just name a few.
Before it aired, I kept fallowing the shooting. Impatiently , I even watched the old version. (if you saw how Rab treated Khun ying on their first ... that did scare the hell out of me )  All I want to say is that "Samee" 2013  made my waiting worthy.

p.s " สามี "  (the husband)  is my first Thai word, and I've loved  the Thai language since then. 

sarN

sarNie Granny
In the old version , Ram didn't show up for his engagement ceremony w/ Ai and therefore Rab make himself the replacement groom .  

looksy said:
Cecilia, I'm so glad I gave it a chance, too. To think that I could have missed out on such a hidden gem. I'm just sad that I wasn't here to spazz with you girls when it was airing. Some of those scenes were just golden to me. Though I gushed on and on about Ying Ai and Rab, I do love the supporting characters/cast as well. There were many good life lessons hidden within the supporting characters' storylines. One that comes to mind at the moment is when Rab and Roong asked their eldest sister if she can really handle the fact that she will have a hand in reporting her husband to the police. She said something on the lines of that for her, the choice is clear. To chose between an outsider who only takes from her or a father who has helped and has loved her since she was a child. She has no regrets.

SarN, I didn't see the old version. I do agree with you that it's out of character for Rab to have had mistresses in past, but then be such a gentleman and a steadfast romantic to Ai.  The only clues we get for this is what is said between him and his friend Nop. I wondered too, if Rab had fell in love with Ai  2 years earlier and it was love at first sight for him, why did he wait so long to pursue her? My only thinking is that he was so busy with the family business to woe her the way he wanted to because since she's "the one", he will treat her differently from previous women.  He has money and good looks so he was probably used to women throwing themselves at him so he never felt anything genuine for them, but he enjoyed their company. Then when he saw Ai teaching art at his son's school, it impressed him that a beautiful young noble woman would be kind enough to care and volunteer her time to children. He saw what he had never seen before in women, a selfless woman who didn't care about money. He probably never thought he would find such a woman that would make his heart beat so fast. He had mentioned in the closing scene of the lakorn that he had thought that being a husband meant that he must marry the person he loves. He never thought of marrying any of his mistresses and was honest with them about it by making it clear to each that if they agree to be his mistress, there were rules that they need to accept, that it's just temporary with no strings attached. 

For me, this is what I really love about how this character was presented to us. I love how respectful, patient, soft spoken, and romantic he was with her. This is the only woman he had deem his wife....someone whom he will put above all others. In the beginning of the lakorn, he was happy to finally meet her and saw the chance to get close to her when his dad married her mom, but then, when he discovered that she hated his dad and his family name, he mentioned that he didn't want things to start out like that. Then he realized he might not have a chance with her because she is so prideful and stubborn. So like he told Wee, he used his money to buy "an opportunity".  The power struggle between them was only in the early episodes. He used his money to get her to be his wife, but felt that he could get her to love him by just him loving her.....the way he had wanted to originally woe her. 

Oh, I wish I could, but I'm not Thai.  

Yes, it's was sweet that he already in love w/her and then pursuit it when the opportunity is given. Honestly, I  wanted a remake of this lakorn since I enjoy the 2000 version and I always picture Rab to be those aggressive alpmale but i was disappointed that it' didn't happen w/ 2013 , they did a 360 on his character big time . In the old version, Ram was suppose to marry Ai but he didn't show up on their engagement ceremony , Rab step in and make himself the replacement groom , so there was no love at first sight there lol. One thing that I do LOVE about 2013, were Ai's character because she was very understanding  and had faith in her husband 's reason behind the whole mistress thing vs in the old version she was too stubborn and didn't bother to work thing out with Rab but assume the worst of him. 

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
sarN said:
In the old version , Ram didn't show up for his engagement ceremony w/ Ai and therefore Rab make himself the replacement groom .  

Yes, it's was sweet that he already in love w/her and then pursuit it when the opportunity is given. Honestly, I  wanted a remake of this lakorn since I enjoy the 2000 version and I always picture Rab to be those aggressive alpmale but i was disappointed that it' didn't happen w/ 2013 , they did a 360 on his character big time . In the old version, Ram was suppose to marry Ai but he didn't show up on their engagement ceremony , Rab step in and make himself the replacement groom , so there was no love at first sight there lol. One thing that I do LOVE about 2013, were Ai's character because she was very understanding  and had faith in her husband 's reason behind the whole mistress thing vs in the old version she was too stubborn and didn't bother to work thing out with Rab but assume the worst of him. 

Oh my gosh! I have to agree! I kinda wished Rarb was like the Rarb in the older version (I didn't watch it), but, he was still awesome! How Ai understood Rarb was beautiful, even when she found out Rarb had something with Si. Some main girls would get pissed or cry if their man had some other girl. I wished it was like the older version, with all the r scenes and stuff. But after the lakorn has finished, I loved it since. :) I'm glad you watched it Sarn. :)

looksy

sarNie Adult
SarN & Missstacythao, I hear you........hehe....to each their own. I can understand you girls like the heated scenes generated from an aggressive pra ek...ones that can draw us in because of his tempting games and seductive smirks (which I can see Great being able to pull off very well), but for me, this Rab really works. I'm pleased that the director, screen writer, and Great interpreted him this way. I would have not been as attracted to this character if he was super jealous or aggressive. That would have made him too typical of lakorn pra eks to me. I admit, I have a weak spot for soft spoken gentle men who are not afraid to express themselves to the ones they love, but yet is strong and knows how to take charge when needed. What makes this character so irresistible to me is the fact that once he met her two years earlier and he realized(using his words) "[his] eyes could no longer look at anyone else other than her", he was so determined to make her his and was so patient while proving his love for her. He didn't need to be aggressive with her or play any seductive games. He is able to seduce just by simply looking at her with his loving glares and showing her how much he needs her. I loved those times when he just watched her sleep. I've said it before, there is nothing sexier than a man in love looking at and admiring the woman he loves.

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
looksy said:
SarN & Missstacythao, I hear you........hehe....to each their own. I can understand you girls like the heated scenes generated from an aggressive pra ek...ones that can draw us in because of his tempting games and seductive smirks (which I can see Great being able to pull off very well), but for me, this Rab really works. I'm pleased that the director, screen writer, and Great interpreted him this way. I would have not been as attracted to this character if he was super jealous or aggressive. That would have made him too typical of lakorn pra eks to me. I admit, I have a weak spot for soft spoken gentle men who are not afraid to express themselves to the ones they love, but yet is strong and knows how to take charge when needed. What makes this character so irresistible to me is the fact that once he met her two years earlier and he realized(using his words) "[his] eyes could no longer look at anyone else other than her", he was so determined to make her his and was so patient while proving his love for her. He didn't need to be aggressive with her or play any seductive games. He is able to seduce just by simply looking at her with his loving glares and showing her how much he needs her. I loved those times when he just watched her sleep. I've said it before, there is nothing sexier than a man in love looking at and admiring the woman he loves.

Actually, even though, I wanted to see Rarb harsh. I was already in love with him the first second I saw him. I already knew he wouldn't be the cruel sadist one. I love Rarb's smiles, smirks, etc. Even though Great would be awesome being the bad one, he was superb being a gentleman and a caring man. I like the main guys that make you love them, but I also like the aggressive ones too, not to make you misunderstand, but I loved this lakorn. <3 Great & Preem played perfect roles for Rarb & Khun Ying Ai. Their romance and how they understood was amazing. :)

looksy

sarNie Adult
missstaceythao said:
....Even though Great would be awesome being the bad one, he was superb being a gentleman and a caring man. I like the main guys that make you love them, but I also like the aggressive ones too, not to make you misunderstand, but I loved this lakorn. <3 Great & Preem played perfect roles for Rarb & Khun Ying Ai. Their romance and how they understood was amazing. :)
Oh, I can tell by your beautiful avatar of Great and Preem that you love this lakorn.  :p No misunderstandings at all. I just wanted share why I loved this interpretation of the character so much. 

I love this MV so much!!! I love their smiles and playfulness towards each other. No wonder we got such great chemistry on-screen, it's because they are so comfortable with each other off-screen. I need another lakorn with these two FAST!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gL2i97r2xBk
credit: plienlove 

Looksy , you picked one of my favorite fanmade MVs,  I love it a lot!!!   :woot: 
Can't you see what I said to you is ALL in there.   :wink:
By the way, I like your banner. Where did you get that photo which I missed?     :spin:

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
looksy said:
Oh, I can tell by your beautiful avatar of Great and Preem that you love this lakorn.  :p No misunderstandings at all. I just wanted share why I loved this interpretation of the character so much. 

I love this MV so much!!! I love their smiles and playfulness towards each other. No wonder we got such great chemistry on-screen, it's because they are so comfortable with each other off-screen. I need another lakorn with these two FAST!!!!

Thank you, I was getting worried. The mv is amazing! And I love your siggie, GREART & PREEM! <3

looksy

sarNie Adult
Yeah, that MV really captures the best of Great and Preem's off-screen chemistry. I watched it so many times. 

Thank you both for your comments on my siggie. @ jessiegwen23, my friend makes my banners for me. I don't know where she got this photo from, but I did ask her. I'll let you know when I get the answer.

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
looksy said:
Yeah, that MV really captures the best of Great and Preem's off-screen chemistry. I watched it so many times. 

Thank you both for your comments on my siggie. @ jessiegwen23, my friend makes my banners for me. I don't know where she got this photo from, but I did ask her. I'll let you know when I get the answer.

I think I saw this picture on the Great & Preem Facebook fanpage or the Samee one.

dariey

sarNie Adult
late again..hahaa
just need to voice my 'gugu gaga' over preem lol.really miss her since i've to skip her lakorn with smart.really love her here for having so much chemistry with everyone and being pretty too..lol.even there was still scene i can't get into my brain but it just a minor so nothing bad over this.since i'm still on my way to watch this until end i can't say much for now.

Just finished re-watching this and OMG Alex did an amazing job in this lakorn! I cried a river once again. T_T

Anonymous<3

sarNie Oldmaid
Since Kim was originally supposed to be in here, I think her and Nadech would've made the perfect Rab and Rasika, in terms of acting and appearance.

jjinxx

Is your "nom" Fai-approved?
Holy cow. 
So I thought Great and Preem were cute in KCT, but I personally was not head over heels for them in there, so didn't really check this one out when it aired, and wow, it's a pity to have missed out on the spazzing lol. Great is so freaking handsome as Rarp. He has this...almost ethereal gentleman styled face that is just very handsome and pleasing to look at. 555. The way Rarp looks at Ying Ai is adorable. I'm only on episode 3 but I can't wait to see how Rarp will woo Ying Ai. It's kind of cute how much he liked her once he witnessed her kindness at the school, and she made such a strong impression on him that even after two years, he was still hopeful of getting to know her better. And even grabbed the opportunity to be in a relationship with her using his money and her pride.
Ai is very strong-willed, and she is full of dignity. I don't get the vibe that she's overly stuck up, especially because she is so kind to everyone who isn't in Rarp's family, and her hatred for them was ingrained by her father. Preem shines so much in here. She plays Ai with, as I said, a dignified, composed, elegant style. It kind of astounds me how GOOD Rarp's father and Ai's mother are. They truly didn't want Ai and Rarp to get married for anything other than love. And even Roong seems pretty okay, and really willing to help her brother be with the woman he likes.
I feel so freaking bad for Ram though. He's got it the worst, with a crazy mom who keeps brainwashing him. He's very pitiful, and if she didn't keep messing with his mind, he probably would have had a good relationship with his father.
I can't remember anything from the old version. I will slowly watch "Samee" and see how Rarp turns from creditor to husband, hehehe!

Saechash

sarNie Juvenile
I love this lakorn. Great and Preem were the perfect Rarb and Ying Ai. I rewatch KCT and Samee all the time...along with my LSR...lol. They really need to reunite. Their off-screen chemistry/friendship translates so well onscreen. I know a lot of people want her to pair up with the younger Pr'ek but I love Great and Preem! Preem needs Pr'ek that looks like a manly man. She's got that elegant, classic look and is eager to learn from her elders which is why she was able to pull off an older character like Ying Ai even though she is still a teen. Great is just awesome with her...those offscreen hugs...lol.

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
Oh my gosh! I totally agree Saechash!!! Great and Preem were perfect for Khun Rarb and Khun Ying!!! Ugh, their romance were beautiful. <3 But Preem deserves men close her age (but, Great and Louis are okay!!!), but Preem's great with any actor. :)  Still waiting for their 3rd lakorn though. 

Saechash

sarNie Juvenile
missstaceythao said:
Oh my gosh! I totally agree Saechash!!! Great and Preem were perfect for Khun Rarb and Khun Ying!!! Ugh, their romance were beautiful. <3 But Preem deserves men close her age (but, Great and Louis are okay!!!), but Preem's great with any actor. :)  Still waiting for their 3rd lakorn though.
I agree about Great and Louis...not so fond of her pairing with Poh...I'm good with Pr'ek closer to her age but they gotta be more manly than the ones ch3 has...otherwise it just doesn't look right. I know a lot of people like Mark/Kim but to me they're a little awkward cause Mark looks too boyish. Think that's why he looks good w/Mint C cause she's petite looking. It's like Margie looks good w/Boy and Great but don't really see her w/ch 3 favorites like Mark/James J. Kim w/Ananda...hot! Lol...but that's just me.

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
I know right. It just looks weird with Poh and Preem. I think Preem could act with any actor because she'll look beautiful anyway. But Ananda and Kim, I love their lakorn so far!!!