[CH3] Tang Parn Kammathep (TV Thunder)

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Oh my...Pim fate is, well...if I say "deserving," is that too harsh of me? I mean she married an old that loved her, but ended up with an old man that abuses her because of her own greed. So Pim doesn't redeem herself even til the end. Even if Pat did run away with another man, that's still nothing compare to what Pim has done.

sarN

sarNie Granny
I still hanging on to that thread of hope lolll there was a scene they on the cliff kissing and that open eye in his arm scene in the MV.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
^Thank you for the ratings! Yes! This lakorn is doing pretty good considering the ratings lately. Lol

I'll post up answers to the questions tomorrow. Sorry, guys, I'm too tired to type right now. Lol

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Who saved Pat from drowning?

From Truelife's summaries: Chapter 24, Page 09-12.

Pat and Pim are arguing between each other. Pat exposes to Pim that she knows everything, now, how Pim drugged her that one night, called Arthorn to set up the adultery scene, and was the person who sent the photos to Pope with an anonymous SIM card. (I guess, they were karaoking/singing at a school, which had a nurse's office, not hospital, sorry for the prior mistake.) Arthorn pulled up the CCTV and it captured Pim disposing of the SIM card after the incident. Pim denied all of the allegations and asked why would she do that? Pat said Pim did everything for Pope's bird egg island. Pim made Pat become Kat's adopted mother (?), so that if anything should happen to Pope, the bird egg island would go to Kat. (Pope and Pat aren't legally married, so nothing goes to Pat. Remember how Pope will only marry Pat ceremonially for two years, but never sign the marriage papers with her because he believes she's a gold digging machine. However, Kat is legally Pope's child.) Since Kat is still a child, as her guardian, Pat would have all rights and because of the rift Pim has created between Pat and Pope, Pat would end up hating Pope so much to a point where she would have nothing to do with him or anything related to him, so she would end up giving it to Pim like how Pim had planned. Pim was shocked that Pat knew all of her intentions and plans. Pat said she no longer trusted in Pim and for someone to know Pat this well, it must have been none other than Pim, who is her sister. Pim still denied all of the accusations and told Pat it may be too late. Pat suddenly thinks about Pope that his life may be in danger and dashes out to see him. Pope is still stuck in a meeting, so he ignores Pat's calls. All of a sudden there are gun shots. Pope gets shot but he's fine, as he's protected by a bullet proof vest. Yood and his team of policemen come rushing in. Pat pulls up inside her car and watches Pope from far away, knowing that he's safe is good enough for her.

Khun Mongkhon is upset at Kamron (Oh's character) and Pim for a ruined plan. He wants the bird egg island ASAP. He beats up Kamron and threatens Pim that if Pim doesn't hurry up and get that island for him, she'll be next. Pim and Kamron are talking at how lucky Pope has been to survive the assassinations. Pim realizes that it's not luck but someone had betrayed them and told Pope their plans and all fingers are pointed towards Marathee. Kamron remembers Marathee being present in one of the phone calls he had.

Pim calls Pat at night asking for her to come out because she's desperately in need of help. Pat comes out to meet Pim at a dark dusty alley. Pim asks Pat to find a new place for her to stay and some money to spend because she's trying to hide for a while. (At this point, Pim and Ahnop are on bad terms and verge of divorce with him not giving her a dime.) Pim also asks Pat to tell people that she's been with Pim all day, so that if the police suspect her of assassinating Pope, Pat can be her witness that Pim wasn't present at the scene at all and prove her innocence. Pat rejects and says she's done helping Pim do wrong things. That Pim should try to do things the correct way, legally. Pim becomes angry and begins to mention how Pat owes her because she saved Pat's life when they were younger.

Arthorn and Prao exit out of the car and Pim is shocked to see them there. Arthorn can't stand it any longer and tells Pim that he's disappointed and hurt that Pim has used the drowning incident as a way to harass, steal, and have leverage over Pat for the past decades. Arthorn and Prao both yell at Pim for being heartless in that she purposely broke up Pat's marriage and family life just for her own benefits when she was the one who made Pat borrow the money in the first place and never paid it back. If Arthorn knew Pim would use Pat like this, he wouldn't have lied for her. Pim tells Arthorn to stop because he promised her he won't tell anyone the truth. Arthorn tells Pat that the one who saved her wasn't Pim but it was him. That day, Pat was playing with her doll next to the pond. Pim wanted it too, but Pat didn't give it to Pim, so Pim got mad and pushed her into the pond. The doll dropped onto the ground and Pim watched Pat drown with satisfaction. Arthorn who saw the whole thing came running towards Pim asking why she did that. Arthorn told Pim that Pat can't swim well either. Pim started to panic and told Arthorn to go help Pat. Arthorn jumps into the pond and brings Pat up after several attempts. Arthorn tells Pim to watch Pat while he runs to go tell their dad. Before Arthorn gets going, Pim makes him promise to never tell anyone that she was the one who pushed Pat into the pond because if the dad finds out the truth, Pim is going to get in deep trouble. Arthorn feels sorry for Pim, so he promises and leaves. Pim is afraid that Pat won't wake up and she'll get in trouble, so she starts yelling for Pat to wake up. As Pat slowly wakes up, she hears Pim yelling for her to get up and misunderstands that Pim was the one who saved her. Pat is extremely hurt and tells Pim that there were many times Pat had to suck it in and do things she didn't want to because she felt like she owed Pim her life.

On a side note towards the end....awww, poor Pope. The convo between Pope and Na Sa happened early on, but it's being retold to Pat.

Na Sa asked Pope if he loves Pat.
Pope answers: I do love her. I love Patlada. Because I love her very much, I hurt very much when she betrays me.
Na Sa: So you project that sorrow towards Noo Pat by hurting her heart?
Pope: It's not that I don't feel anything na krap, Na Sa. I hurt every time I do it, but it still hurts less when Pat sides with her sister and betrays me.

I really like one of the lines Na Sa says to Pope and retold to Pat, which totally explains the title of the lakorn. It's something I don't remember if the previous version had or not but Na Sa tells Pope and Pat to reconcile their relationship/marriage if they really love one another. With love, there comes forgiveness. That if they both truly love each other, they should start anew.

Truelife Chapter 26, Page 21, Na Sa says: Khun Pope, you're doubting and have no trust in Noo Pat. Doubt/mistrust is the enemy of love na ka. It will make you and Noo Pat's love become only a passing path that can never arrive at its purposed destination.

Tang Parn Kammathep literally means, Tang is road/path, Parn is to pass, Kammathep is cupid. So based on that line Na Sa told Pope, there's so much meaning. It's like they were fated to be but it's up to them to make it their destiny. Just like in the beginning, both met in the middle of a passing road, it is up to them to go all the way down that road to reach their destination or just consider it as a passing path and move on. It sounds so much better in Thai, though. Or perhaps I'm just bad at translating. Haha.

hentram

sarNie Hatchling
aiyaja said:
Who saved Pat from drowning?

From Truelife's summaries: Chapter 24, Page 09-12.

Pat and Pim are arguing between each other. Pat exposes to Pim that she knows everything, now, how Pim drugged her that one night, called Arthorn to set up the adultery scene, and was the person who sent the photos to Pope with an anonymous SIM card. (I guess, they were karaoking/singing at a school, which had a nurse's office, not hospital, sorry for the prior mistake.) Arthorn pulled up the CCTV and it captured Pim disposing of the SIM card after the incident. Pim denied all of the allegations and asked why would she do that? Pat said Pim did everything for Pope's bird egg island. Pim made Pat become Kat's adopted mother (?), so that if anything should happen to Pope, the bird egg island would go to Kat. (Pope and Pat aren't legally married, so nothing goes to Pat. Remember how Pope will only marry Pat ceremonially for two years, but never sign the marriage papers with her because he believes she's a gold digging machine. However, Kat is legally Pope's child.) Since Kat is still a child, as her guardian, Pat would have all rights and because of the rift Pim has created between Pat and Pope, Pat would end up hating Pope so much to a point where she would have nothing to do with him or anything related to him, so she would end up giving it to Pim like how Pim had planned. Pim was shocked that Pat knew all of her intentions and plans. Pat said she no longer trusted in Pim and for someone to know Pat this well, it must have been none other than Pim, who is her sister. Pim still denied all of the accusations and told Pat it may be too late. Pat suddenly thinks about Pope that his life may be in danger and dashes out to see him. Pope is still stuck in a meeting, so he ignores Pat's calls. All of a sudden there are gun shots. Pope gets shot but he's fine, as he's protected by a bullet proof vest. Yood and his team of policemen come rushing in. Pat pulls up inside her car and watches Pope from far away, knowing that he's safe is good enough for her.

Khun Mongkhon is upset at Kamron (Oh's character) and Pim for a ruined plan. He wants the bird egg island ASAP. He beats up Kamron and threatens Pim that if Pim doesn't hurry up and get that island for him, she'll be next. Pim and Kamron are talking at how lucky Pope has been to survive the assassinations. Pim realizes that it's not luck but someone had betrayed them and told Pope their plans and all fingers are pointed towards Marathee. Kamron remembers Marathee being present in one of the phone calls he had.

Pim calls Pat at night asking for her to come out because she's desperately in need of help. Pat comes out to meet Pim at a dark dusty alley. Pim asks Pat to find a new place for her to stay and some money to spend because she's trying to hide for a while. (At this point, Pim and Ahnop are on bad terms and verge of divorce with him not giving her a dime.) Pim also asks Pat to tell people that she's been with Pim all day, so that if the police suspect her of assassinating Pope, Pat can be her witness that Pim wasn't present at the scene at all and prove her innocence. Pat rejects and says she's done helping Pim do wrong things. That Pim should try to do things the correct way, legally. Pim becomes angry and begins to mention how Pat owes her because she saved Pat's life when they were younger.

Arthorn and Prao exit out of the car and Pim is shocked to see them there. Arthorn can't stand it any longer and tells Pim that he's disappointed and hurt that Pim has used the drowning incident as a way to harass, steal, and have leverage over Pat for the past decades. Arthorn and Prao both yell at Pim for being heartless in that she purposely broke up Pat's marriage and family life just for her own benefits when she was the one who made Pat borrow the money in the first place and never paid it back. If Arthorn knew Pim would use Pat like this, he wouldn't have lied for her. Pim tells Arthorn to stop because he promised her he won't tell anyone the truth. Arthorn tells Pat that the one who saved her wasn't Pim but it was him. That day, Pat was playing with her doll next to the pond. Pim wanted it too, but Pat didn't give it to Pim, so Pim got mad and pushed her into the pond. The doll dropped onto the ground and Pim watched Pat drown with satisfaction. Arthorn who saw the whole thing came running towards Pim asking why she did that. Arthorn told Pim that Pat can't swim well either. Pim started to panic and told Arthorn to go help Pat. Arthorn jumps into the pond and brings Pat up after several attempts. Arthorn tells Pim to watch Pat while he runs to go tell their dad. Before Arthorn gets going, Pim makes him promise to never tell anyone that she was the one who pushed Pat into the pond because if the dad finds out the truth, Pim is going to get in deep trouble. Arthorn feels sorry for Pim, so he promises and leaves. Pim is afraid that Pat won't wake up and she'll get in trouble, so she starts yelling for Pat to wake up. As Pat slowly wakes up, she hears Pim yelling for her to get up and misunderstands that Pim was the one who saved her. Pat is extremely hurt and tells Pim that there were many times Pat had to suck it in and do things she didn't want to because she felt like she owed Pim her life.

On a side note towards the end....awww, poor Pope. The convo between Pope and Na Sa happened early on, but it's being retold to Pat.

Na Sa asked Pope if he loves Pat.
Pope answers: I do love her. I love Patlada. Because I love her very much, I hurt very much when she betrays me.
Na Sa: So you project that sorrow towards Noo Pat by hurting her heart?
Pope: It's not that I don't feel anything na krap, Na Sa. I hurt every time I do it, but it still hurts less when Pat sides with her sister and betrays me.

I really like one of the lines Na Sa says to Pope and retold to Pat, which totally explains the title of the lakorn. It's something I don't remember if the previous version had or not but Na Sa tells Pope and Pat to reconcile their relationship/marriage if they really love one another. With love, there comes forgiveness. That if they both truly love each other, they should start anew.

Truelife Chapter 26, Page 21, Na Sa says: Khun Pope, you're doubting and have no trust in Noo Pat. Doubt/mistrust is the enemy of love na ka. It will make you and Noo Pat's love become only a passing path that can never arrive at its purposed destination.

Tang Parn Kammathep literally means, Tang is road/path, Parn is to pass, Kammathep is cupid. So based on that line Na Sa told Pope, there's so much meaning. It's like they were fated to be but it's up to them to make it their destiny. Just like in the beginning, both met in the middle of a passing road, it is up to them to go all the way down that road to reach their destination or just consider it as a passing path and move on. It sounds so much better in Thai, though. Or perhaps I'm just bad at translating. Haha.
That's means Pat is smart, she's not as dumb as we think she is. she just pretended not to acknowledge it cos she loves her sister & indebted to Pim for saving her life. Wow, Pim already evil when she was young how can she be a good person when she grows up.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Well, Pat isn't dumb, but she's just stubborn. Even when she's wrong, she feels something fishy deep down inside about Pim, but because she in a way is stubborn towards Pope, she doesn't admit it either. Just based on what she said to Pim when she found out the truth about the drowning incident already confirms that even before Pope came along, Pat already didn't feel right doing certain things for Pim, so the red flags were there, but she ignored them. Stubborn people are dumb to hold grudges or think that they're right when they're not, you can put it that way.

But if Pope treated Pat right and instead of demeaning her but embraced her and pointed out certain flaws or crimes about Pim, with time, I'm sure Pat would have learned it way easier.

Pat finally opened up her eyes towards the end. Hahah. I mean, I would say, sure, Pat is smart if it was mid way, but this is about to end and then she realizes Pim's true nature. BUT I understand, it's her only sister, so she's going to protect and give her sister the benefit of the doubt.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I understand Pat for being in the dark for the most part. I mean, who blames their siblings when something goes wrong? We don't, so it's normal that Pat didn't realize or come to accept that Pim is a rotten apple from their family tree.

I was reading the part when the parents found out about Pim's true nature. It was both sad and intense, so we'll see how it plays out live.

Khun Mongkhon, Kamron, and Pim kidnap Ahnop for ransom. However, it fails. When they saved Ahnop and as he laid on the hospital bed with bruises and cuts, Pope was in so much pain seeing that his father was already so old yet he had to go through something like this and couldn't hold back the tears. This is when they both apologized to one another for being such hard heads.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
The ratings already proved that this lakorn is doing just as good as TSL and Sapai Jao despite the opposition in the beginning. A part of me is happy to see Poh and Preem work out so well. I mean, I see that passion and rage from Poh to Preem and then Preem's sorrow towards Poh when she was left on the bed to cry after the attempted R. Even in the BTS of the stairs scene, when Poh ran down to embrace Preem at the bottom of the stairs, my heart broke. I can't wait to see that scene and in one of the music videos, Preem is wearing a hospital gown and crying her heart out because Pope doesn't show up his face to visit her, even though, he did with some flowers to apologize but he stopped himself from entering her room and left because he thought she wouldn't want to see him. Then he goes off to party with Marathee instead. Lol

But a part of me thinks that if the pra'ake was Toey, OMG! Toey and Preem would be booming right now in terms of krasae aka buzz. It's sort of hard to jin and fin Poh and Preem due to the reasons mentioned above to a point of a fever. But that's okay. It is what it is. I just feel like a lot of people are going to miss out due to the pairing.

To be honest, this lakorn has to be my favorite lakorn of the year. (I haven't finished TSL yet, so that one has a high chance of beating this one out.) The storyline, the pace, the filmography angles, the dialogue, just everything including the cast is perfect. Of course, there is no koojin fever going on here because realistically you can't but this lakorn is such a jewel. If anyone misses it, they're definitely missing out on one of the best produced remakes. Lol

I'm happy at least I have you guys here to help me cheer on this lakorn! Thanks everyone! Besides RRRK, this lakorn pulls my heart strings. Haha.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
I've seen both versions and this version definitely holds its own grounds. I normally don't like remakes especially when I've seen the older versions like Sapai Jao, Samee, Samee Theetra, and so forth. I'm so proud of Poh and Preem. Their chemistry is there. This is such a heart aching lakorn. I don't know about you guys, but I'm totally into this lakorn right now especially now that they're married and the angst just continues building. Haha. Count me in too! I've been listening to all three songs of the OST on REPEAT for the past week. Haha.

hentram

sarNie Hatchling
@aiyaja, what lakorn is TSL stand for, as far as i know i'm hooked for this lakorn beside this lakorn i dont even know others, lol.

asher

sarNie Hatchling
Thanks for the updates, aiyaja. I love the ost too, keep repeating for a whole week. lol  Cant wait for my weekend to come to catch up my missing episodes.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
TSL is Two Spirits Love, English title for Mario and Mint Chalida's lakorn. The Thai title is Song Hua Jai Nee Peur Ter. I started on it but due to my busy schedule, can't keep up with it. I can only watch one lakorn at a time and since this one is on the weekends, makes it easier for me.