[CH3] Tang Parn Kammathep (TV Thunder)

Step

Mrs James Ma
Thank you.Awwww Pope is hurt badly  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
tgamber said:
Arnot:I want to divorce.
Pat:p'Pim you are lying to me all this time
Pim:Stupid people will always be manipulated by clever one.
Pope:Have you ever loved me?
Pat:And you? Have you ever trusted me?

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
I disagree about Pope not opening up to her fully that is why he still doubts her. I mean Pat isn't exactly giving him any reasons to trust her....He was starting to open up to her whenever he allowed her to be his assistant at first. I mean a guy like Pope just because his dad says "You have to let her work for you." He would easily accept if he didn't have some degree of trust in her? Even if he didn't he loved her enough to let her by his side knowing she could betray him at any moment. As for Marathee he openly lets her work by him because 1. make Pat jealous and 2. Use money to buy her knowledge of Pim. Pope may be irrational sometimes, but can't blame the guy when he keeps seeing her do all these things she claims not to be doing. 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
KhoOnxNouxWanxJai said:
What Pat is doing isn't helping her sister, but enabling her sister. Kinda like in Sapai Jao how Ying Goy's mother enables her and look at how she turns out. At least warn Pope that there are people after him -.-. How do you know that your sister was involved in attempting to murder your husband/former/whatever and not say anything at all? I mean how stupid would you feel if he did turn up dead later. 
She would probably cry, confront her sister, then continue to keep the secret instead of turning her sister in because that's Pat. Oh and not to mention sell the island to her sister when asked.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
The fact that Pat has survived all those years of her life living like that.. I don't know whether I should applaud her or not. Pim looks like the type of person who gets into some shady shiit and then sends Pat to clean it up, and Pat is so naive that she'd do it. 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
KhoOnxNouxWanxJai said:
The fact that Pat has survived all those years of her life living like that.. I don't know whether I should applaud her or not. Pim looks like the type of person who gets into some shady shiit and then sends Pat to clean it up, and Pat is so naive that she'd do it. 
Reminds me of Jamleuy Rak where Aff would do anything for her cousin due to some fake life saving crap.

Seriously a life can be repaid through other means. Devaluing your own morals is not the teaching of Buddhism.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Ncmeowmeow35 said:
Reminds me of Jamleuy Rak where Aff would do anything for her cousin due to some fake life saving crap.

Seriously a life can be repaid through other means. Devaluing your own morals is not the teaching of Buddhism.
Yes this! Also another thing is if you're doing wrong things for the people you love, you are in fact adding onto their sins to not only your own. 

I'm serious if Preem weren't the nang'ek I would not have stuck this lakorn out lol. Was there anyone else that was linked as being nang'ek in this lakorn before Preem was confirmed? 

Ncmeowmeow35

sarNie Oldmaid
KhoOnxNouxWanxJai said:
Yes this! Also another thing is if you're doing wrong things for the people you love, you are in fact adding onto their sins to not only your own. 

I'm serious if Preem weren't the nang'ek I would not have stuck this lakorn out lol. Was there anyone else that was linked as being nang'ek in this lakorn before Preem was confirmed? 
Hmm I went back to look, Only thing was that it went from ch7 to ch3 but Preem and Poh are the original couple.

DaoRisa

Love has nothing to do with bodies.
Jeanie1, Well said. I'm 100% with you.

Kapla

sarNie Egg
jeanie1 said:

And I would have more respect for Pat if that's the reason she gave for walking away from Pope or that's her problem with Pope. But no. She clearly says her problem with him is that he doesn't trust her. That's true but she doesn't trust him either so she can't complain. She herself is the reason why he can't trust her because she isn't trustwrorthy but she's too high and mighty on herself to see that.

As for putting family first and loyalty? Nope. Pat is not putting Pim first. She's putting her obsession with paying debt from childhood first. She's just too weak and cowardly to stand up for what's right and to be able to do the right thing FOR Pim. Right now if Pim were to succeed in killing Pope, Pat would be partly responsible too. She's also partly responsible for Pim getting her spoiler ending. Imagine if Pat had intervened in the right way and got Pim the help she needed or stopped Pim from going too far in her crimes? It'd be different if Pat tried to stop Pim and she still made her choices but Pat isn't even trying to stop her.

Pat is totally the type of person that if Pim were a drug addict, Pat would go out and buy heroin for her sister. How is that helpful? That's contributing to the problem. That's not real love or loyalty in my book. Real love is trying to help the person out the right way even if they end up hating you for it. So no, I don't see how letting Pim commit crimes left and right is helping Pim at all, nor is it a sign of love to aid them in their downfall. Putting family first to me would be letting yourself be labeled "disloyal" if it meant your sister was getting the help she needed or she couldn't create any more sins.
So I guess I'm obviously the minority here with my viewa? Like I said before, i am not saying that she is right, covering for Pim is obviously not right. I am just saying that I can understand why she is doing what she's doing. I don't believe the world is just black and white. At this point, it would be quite shallow for Pat to say to Pope, "I'm mad at you because of what you did to me on the island." I think what Pat is pointing out is the fundamental proboem of their relationship now, and it's trust. If Pope had approached this differently, if he is not so ...shall we say "violent",Pat might be able to, or more willingly open up to Pope. There are two things here that one must understand from the view of Pat, 1. She believes without Pim, she would not be alive. Thats a HUGE thing, being told again and again since childhood that you owe your life to someone can really have an affect on you and your decisions, and she's carrying a huge burden. Pat is obviously under that influence, and making her decisions based on that. Can we say she's dumb and stupid? I don't think so, i think she's made the decision that she sees fit in this situation. May seem wrong to us, but we r not in her shoes.
The second point is that she loves Pope. That is why everytime Pope gets jealous and uses words and actions to hurt her, she is deeply in pain. It's like being in a relationship with an abusive partner, jsut because he says he loves you, is it ok to endure everything that is wrong in the relationship as well? I think when people say "she's too stupid to too loyal towards her sister", I would say she would be too stupid and loyal towards to very jealous Pope if she unconditionally just gives into the relationship now. I think now, it makes sense for them to split for a while, for Pat to understand her sister's true colors and for Pope to change his approach on her.

Ok, this was longer than I expected, but i thinK a good movie/show/art always generate good conversations ☺

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
^Very good points. I agree with you, too. Relationships are never just black and white. There are many sides to the story.

I think that if Pope had apologized to Pat after she was discharged or stayed and visited her with those flowers instead of leaving, Pat wouldn't have left. I mean, Pat was soooo hurt and kept crying all by herself in the hospital and that was when she made the decision that she will no longer allow him to hurt her. Or even when she came back home to pack her stuff, Pat hesitated and stalled when Kat kept crying but Pope yelled at her to leave. Haha.

Pope is a bit hot headed but who wouldn't? Both love each other deeply, so both get hurt badly too.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
Let's just say Preem's Pat is much more tolerable than Janie's Pat. I was rewatching some heartbreaking scenes from the old version and OMG...Janie's Pat was sooooooooo annoying!