[CH3] Tang Parn Kammathep (TV Thunder)

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
I can help, and I'm in a way starting to sub if you don't mind. But I'm not fluent in Thai and I may not know some of what they're saying. 

I totally think of Great in here, but Poh's fine. I like Poh and Preem at the island, but I can't wait to see the action when they're back in the city! 

Amelie3

sarNie Egg
missstaceythao said:
I can help, and I'm in a way starting to sub if you don't mind. But I'm not fluent in Thai and I may not know some of what they're saying. 

I totally think of Great in here, but Poh's fine. I like Poh and Preem at the island, but I can't wait to see the action when they're back in the city! 

Hi! Awww that's so nice of you! :kiss2:  The good thing about Viki is that everybody can contribute to her or his abilities. You can just try to fill in the lines that you know and others can do the rest or even edit your subs in case it's needed.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
^Thank goodness, this lakorn airs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I caught this live today. It's funny, but I've been surprised by lakorns I never thought I would like or enjoy. I'm glad I watched this for Preem. It's actually a pretty cute and enjoyable lakorn once we get over the fact that Poh is 22 years older than Preem. Haha. Poh looks quite good for a 41 year old. When they stand next to each other, you can't tell that it's that big of an age gap.

But I just can't help but pity Preem. The pra'ake could have been someone else who isn't married with a child yet. I mean, I'm not against Poh being pra'ake like in Sai See Plerng but this lakorn has soooooo many cute, sweet, bickering scenes that if it was Great, Lek, or Toey as Pope, I'm sure it would be more of a hit than this because people can actually jin and fin to the max.

Anyway, that will be my last time complaining about that. It is what it is.

So far, good acting. I love the angst. Haha. Preem is a big girl, so when she puts up a fight, she really ends up giving Poh a real fight. Preem makes Pat so lovable and cute. I suggest Preem play previously bitchy roles because she will make them likable. Lol

I really like the pace and the development of their love. It's so sweet, all of the small smiles, smirks, and glances. This is what I call a thorough development.

That scene when Pat kept slapping Pope for yelling at her after almost getting raped was really touching. Poh's acting was on point and likewise for Preem. It was a nice strong scene. I like a lot of the scenes actually.

Awwww! Nui is soooooooo cute. I love that little girl and how she praises Pat.

I haven't fast forwarded this at all.

Is it just me because I can't remember, but Vicky's Pim actually seems like she cares for Pat? Did the previous Pim sincerely care for her sister too? It seems like Pim is actually an okay person but just badly influenced by the mom and her friends.

You know who annoys me though? Pat's friend who likes Art. Like seriously. Your friend is missing and the stuff that she does or her overall attitude is annoying. Haha.

missstaceythao

sarNie Adult
Amelie3 said:

Hi! Awww that's so nice of you! :kiss2:  The good thing about Viki is that everybody can contribute to her or his abilities. You can just try to fill in the lines that you know and others can do the rest or even edit your subs in case it's needed.

I was wondering where the other parts to episode one is. I could also do the segment timing. 

Chan Duchess

sarNie Egg
I've seen the old version with Andrew and Janie. My sister loves that version so much she made me look for an English subbed version bc her Thai is weak. But I find myself enjoying this version a lot. There are some changes to the script which I'm in favor of and I think it adds to the story. In the old version Traipope's sister Ni is divorced/separated from her husband but in this version the husband is present and is traipope's friend. In the old version Pat gets kidnapped by Pope but in this version she goes to the island of her own free will and by happenstance meets praek who takes advantage of opportunity to get back at nangek who he thinks is Pim. On this version the writers have added more side characters like Pat's best friend and Pim's sleezy friend. And the servants on the island and a villain on the same island.

As for praek's character, I don't see it as him being bratty. He's just really hot tempered and pissed off that his dad discards a woman who stood by his side when they were not yet rich. A woman who sacrificed a lot for the dad and praek as evidenced by the flashback showing her giving the best food to praek and eating rice with a few sausage pieces and chili fish sauce. In fact in the old version the mom is shown enduring ridicule by others just to save face for the father. Wouldn't you be pissed too if it was you? So I'd say it wouldn't matter what age you were, if your "mom" was treated like crap by the man who promised undying devotion, you'd go supernova too. Poh does portrays that perfectly and with some comedic timing.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai said:
The obnoxiously ridiculousness of what is Pat's mom. Wow what kind of mother is such a dumb biased moron. I understand if Pat was adopted, but she isn't right? 
I agree but I'd like to also add that Pim is really manipulative. In the old version she's shown to be this way but in this one she's quietly manipulative. She acts nice and proper but it's shown how sneaky she is when she lied about using Pat's picture to chat with guys.

One thing I like and it makes so much sense than Pat just being nice is she feels a gratitude for Pim supposedly saving her life. But I have a feeling there's a twist somewhere in that story line.

KhoOnxNouxWanxJai

Staff member
Chan Duchess said:
I've seen the old version with Andrew and Janie. My sister loves that version so much she made me look for an English subbed version bc her Thai is weak. But I find myself enjoying this version a lot. There are some changes to the script which I'm in favor of and I think it adds to the story. In the old version Traipope's sister Ni is divorced/separated from her husband but in this version the husband is present and is traipope's friend. In the old version Pat gets kidnapped by Pope but in this version she goes to the island of her own free will and by happenstance meets praek who takes advantage of opportunity to get back at nangek who he thinks is Pim. On this version the writers have added more side characters like Pat's best friend and Pim's sleezy friend. And the servants on the island and a villain on the same island.

As for praek's character, I don't see it as him being bratty. He's just really hot tempered and pissed off that his dad discards a woman who stood by his side when they were not yet rich. A woman who sacrificed a lot for the dad and praek as evidenced by the flashback showing her giving the best food to praek and eating rice with a few sausage pieces and chili fish sauce. In fact in the old version the mom is shown enduring ridicule by others just to save face for the father. Wouldn't you be pissed too if it was you? So I'd say it wouldn't matter what age you were, if your "mom" was treated like crap by the man who promised undying devotion, you'd go supernova too. Poh does portrays that perfectly and with some comedic timing.

I agree but I'd like to also add that Pim is really manipulative. In the old version she's shown to be this way but in this one she's quietly manipulative. She acts nice and proper but it's shown how sneaky she is when she lied about using Pat's picture to chat with guys.

One thing I like and it makes so much sense than Pat just being nice is she feels a gratitude for Pim supposedly saving her life. But I have a feeling there's a twist somewhere in that story line.
There is, I think later on someone tells a different side to the story of what happened when she drowned. I just don't quite remember who. It'll probably come to me later lol

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
^Oh, okay, that's good to hear that you're enjoying the new version.

I am, too, surprisingly. Everything is well executed, the acting, the pace, the filmography, the script. Everything just clicks.

I can't wait until the city scenes.

saki

sarNie Adult
The p'rai in the island harassing Pat...is the same p'rai in the island who harassed NangFah in GRGR lol.

Poh and Preem are actually good together; I watched the end of episode three. They left it at a cliff hanger with p'rai waving a knife at Pat aww :/ 

sarasona

sarNie Hatchling
honestly i think no one can replace andrew as tripope..lol.
btw i just dont like the way they change the remakes but still this lakorn is adorable in its own way

saki

sarNie Adult
I agree that the original is usually the best although this new one is pretty fun to watch also. I'm going to check the original out soon since I haven't seen it. Andrew and Janie are so baby faced here.

That guy playing the p'rai in the island in this new version...they need to hire him every time they need an evil guy or something. He seems to be really good at it lol. 

Prakaidao

sarNie Adult
About the drowning scene, it's probably like Soraya in JLR, idk but sometimes there are parallel scenes in here to JLR especially on the island, and the big sis dumping the old bf.

Amelie3

sarNie Egg
missstaceythao said:

I was wondering where the other parts to episode one is. I could also do the segment timing. 

Awww thank you SO much fo subbing clip 1 of Ep 01! You are wonderful! :flowers:
You can find the other clips using the subtitle editor. Just click on the left at the bottom and choose one of the other clips (all clips for Ep 01 will be named Episode 1, then you just have to choose the clip by cliking on one of the 9 posiibilities right under the video-player. Was this well enough explained to be understood? :scratchhead2: I added you as a segmenter as well, so feel free to join in. I'll segment more as well.
Currently Viki seems to change something on the site, therefore the clips won't play. You just have to try again from now and then to look if it works now... :wink: I'm sorry for the inconvenience!  :blush: 

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Yeah I'm not a fan of the drowning scene because it seems like a rip off of JLR. They don't need it. Pim and Pat are real sisters who grew up together so I buy that Pat is super loyal to her sister without a reason. Also this one Pim seems more evil actually. The old one Pim was a total bitch but she was semi-upfront about it. Vicky seems 2 faced and that kind of n'rai is scarier.

I could do without all the extra characters but Preem is super cute in here. Her Pat is an upgrade for sure. I do like her and Por's scenes.

ceda_lee

sarNie OldFart
The whole beach setting got me missing Nangfah & Saichon. Even the bad guy is the same guy!!!

I'm not going to make comparisons simply because the old version is one of my all time favorites.

aiyaja

sarNie OldFart
Another touching scene was when Pope asked Pat why she came back to save him. The music, Poh's face as Pope, just right. Preem sweetly portrayed the words and the sincerity point on. I can totally see how Pope falls in love with her. She's so sweet.

Do you guys think that if Pope kidnapped the real Pim, would Pim be smart enough to get out of the island way faster than Pat?!