[Ch5] Koo Kum (Exact)

cikna

sarNie Adult
I see a lot of people talking about Ruk Jub Jai musical. Can anyone give a synopsis of this play? Ceci, i think I gonna watch the last epi first, then come back to episode 20 onwards. Yeah, I know it's weird to do that, but I have to care for my fragile heart (hehehe..), thinking and knowing koogum will end very, very soon.
Speaking about politics, it's politic all the way over here in Malaysia, with nation election is coming up in a week or two. Strangely, I am not as depressed about the election as I am, knowing Koogum will come to an end. I'm too much, aren't I??? :sick:

oh, does anyone know kobori's last name? i'm very curious about that... :scratchhead2:

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Ruk Jub Jai musical starring Bie and Noona. Basically Noona is blind and she has done surgery two times already and third time doesn't work then she's blind forever. Bie is a famous singer/actor who accidentaally bumps into Noona and found out she is blind. They got to know each other and fell in love, but Bie is known to be a player so Noona's older sister played by Gam the Star dislikes him. That's what Ruk Jub Jai is about. I really want to see it too. :)

NdA

1023er ^^:BieNa :^^
@cikna I’m same with you, more depressed over koo gum than our nation coming up election..I know that coming up election was the fiercest battle in our nation election history..call me a bad Malaysia’s citizen but I really don’t care about whatever kind of  battles between politic parties..the battle between Ang & Kobori more intriguing to watch..

That my previous unanswered question..it may not important but I’m curious to know too :scratchchin:

That's what Ruk Jub Jai is about. I really want to see it too.
Me three..especially the hot kiss  :p

looksy

sarNie Adult
Since I'm such a fan of this lakorn's storyline, I have been bugging one of my friend whose actually read the novel many times with some of our questions. Hope this helps answers a few questions that were posted.

roselovesice said:
Anyways, I was super bored so I decided to "want" to watch Koo Gum 2 ....I did watch Poh and Joy's version of part 2 and wow. They totally kill him off at the end. I don't know if that was the original storyline to part 2 or Dan+Donut's was the original. I guess i'll stick to Dan and Donut's ending, happy ending, for part 2. 555 :p

I don't know why Poh and Joy's version of Koo Kum part 2 killed the son off because that was not in the novel. The only one that died in Koo Kum 2 was Ang from a heart attack due to old age. In the novel at the time of her death, it said that Ang felt that Kobori had been with her on the Milky Way and in the last few lines it ended with the sentences that says, "two stars in the sky like a second pair of eyes looking down ... to gently soothe the one who is alone (Yoichi/the son) below"

cikna said:
oh, does anyone know kobori's last name? i'm very curious about that... :scratchhead2:

The author never mentioned Kobori's full name, but has mentioned him as Kobori Kaigun Shikan ... Kaigun Shikan means the soldier of the King Emperor. 

NdA said:
"...the timeline of this lakorn and on March 5th, 1940 is when Kobori dies."
I’m confused on the timeline of this lakorn, why does Kobori died before Japanese Invasion? Japanese soldiers invaded Thailand on 8 December 1941 before Japanese troops marched to Malaya (Malaysia) & Burma (Myanmar) for force invading on the next day. Sorry I’m might taken koo gum lakorn’s timeline a bit serious but can’t help myself as a history buff to justify it since Koo gum background & period was taken place during WWII and it was a true event.

The author Khun Thomayantee did not mention the date of Kobori's death. Bangkok Noi train station was bombed many times by the allies. In the interview with the screenwriter of this lakorn about the timeline, she probably had stated this date because on that day, Bangkok Noi had one of their biggest attacks. That's why Wanat had told Ang to tell Kobori to stay away from Bangkok Noi that day because the allies were planning a big attack.

As for your question as to why Kobori died before the actual Japanese invasion....from what I researched on this novel's wikipedia page. It says that the novel was set in the early days of World War11 in Siam during 1939 when Wanut leaves for England and shortly there after,  the Japanese military came to Thailand and set up a base in Thonburi, where Ang lives....maybe at the time of Kobori's death, the war hadn't escalated into the December 1941 date that you are referring to. Also in Koo Kum 2, we can see the war was still present when Ang gave birth.

Although many of us international viewers don't pay attention to some of the political scenes in this lakorn, I've had a couple of my friends in Thailand who are following Koo Kum comment that Exact is doing a good job with injecting historical/political references to dates, places, and events and they appreciate these little details.

If you guys are curious about anything else in the novel, let me know and I'll ask my friend for us.

cecilia

Staff member
My heart sank once more T_T

Thanks, Looksy for the detail info -- I'd love to read the novel if only if i know how to read Thai T_T

cecilia

Staff member
I rak Bie days by days <3

Thanks na, Rose.

Such funny interview --- I had a good laugh on the comment of him wanting to be called as Kobori by  his fans lol

Mae

sarNie Adult
Awww... I really love Kobori and Takeda! I want to see more of Bie and Puri in future lakorns together...playing BFF's too!

I can't believe Koo Kum is coming to an end... For the past few months I have become so invested in this lakorn... I don't know what I'm going to do with myself once it ends...probably watch it all over again and at once... This Kobori and Angsumalin pairing is amazing...love their chemistry together in the lakorn, love their friendship in real life. I will buy myself the whole set once it completely airs...it's too good to pass up.

Dreamlove

sarNie Juvenile
The ending is gonna make us all cry like crazy and crying until we have no tears left to cry because I was watching Bie singing in The Star 9 today and P'Frank said that it took 5 days to film the end and that he was there during the filming and that all the people that was there during the filming of the end was all crying like crazy.

cikna

sarNie Adult
To prepare me for the for the ending, I made myself an MV, with some of my favourite clips from the lakorn. Thought of sharing it here with u all here. I used an Indonesian song which was sung again in a new version by a Malay singer entitled "Ajari Aku" (Teach Me). I love the song so much! But i don't know whether it goes well with the MV. Oh, well! hehehe...  :) I usually used Movie Maker. But due to frequent crashes whenever i open the program, i tried using Sony's Movie Studio Platinum which I am using for the 1st time. So, everything is done using basic things only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW7OCC7GUqs

Can't bring myself to think the lakorn is going to end ... :cry:

Miley19

sarNie Juvenile
I want to watch ch5 closing party but it look they didn't show it on tv at all. Everytime i see the pic ang to kill the baby make me mad.I do not know is that much worry ang get for wanut is like friend or like ex? Need a girl to make ang jealous kob plzzzzzz

looksy

sarNie Adult
Thanks for sharing the photos, clips, and updated news everyone. I definitely have a serious obsession with this lakorn and with Bie and Noona and I thank each and everyone of you for feeding my obsession. 

I encourage all of us to continue to ship Bie and Noona once this lakorn ends. We need another lakorn with these two. I'm sure the storyline won't be as special as this, but very few lakorn storylines are comparable to that of Koo Kum. 

@Cikna, I've been teaching myself a new video editing software as well. I haven't made a MV in a long time, but Bie and Noona and Koo Kum have reignited my interest. I already found the perfect song for Ang and one for Kobori as well. So I have two weeks to learn it and I will hopefully be able to convey in my MVs what my heart feels when I think of Ang and Kobori's love for one another.  Hope to see many wonderful MVs and artwork dedicated to Koo Kum from us fans. So sad the ending is near. Mondays and Tuesdays will never be the same now.

Dreamlove

sarNie Juvenile
On Monday tommorrow, Bie, Noona, the director, and the team that works for Koo Kum will be on this show called Reung Kong Reung talking about the ending scene where Kobori will no longer be breathing (don't want to use that "word" that starts with D, it's making me depress). They are going to talk about making the ending scene and all the bombings at the train station and etc., this is making me depress to talk about the end. Still I'm not ready for the ending scene at all!

cecilia

Staff member
Cikna, I love the mv .. great choice of music and scenes .. You did well for using this program for the first time ^___^ Thank you for the translation as well .. love it when creator puts English sub for non-native speaker like us.  I'm looking forward to new work from you <3

Bieluvr

XiaojuXiyou
Awe, seeing all these MV's make me want to make my own mv for them as a memory to Koo Gum and these actors and actresses that played their roles so perfetly. Getting on that now. Bie still looks like a little boy without all the make-up on him. Him and Noona are just so cute. :)