[Ch5] Koo Kum (Exact)

roselovesice

방탄소년단 x Bangtan Sonyeondan x JiTaew
Huuhuu. I don't mind seeing them have a happy ending in their next couple of lakorns but I'll never get over the fact that they didn't have an entirely, full happy ending in this lakorn. It's true that they did make it look as if the lakorn had a happy ending but we can't run away from the truth. lol 
Anyways, this lakorn was beautiful and it made me fall head over heels for it. No matter how many more happy endings the two will have in the future together, I'll never get over the fact that this beautiful lakorn ended in a tragic yet happy way. I don't know how to explain this. HAHA. 
But yes, I can't wait to see my Bie in fullscreen too! Time to go buy the lakorn!!! :D

looksy

sarNie Adult
pink_juliet_kashie said:
I was also impressed by the production value Exact invested in for Koo Gum. 

I agree this lakorn has production values and technical merits. Exact hit a home run with this lakorn. Everything about this lakorn is perfect from the talented cast, to the wonderful and detailed interpretation of the storyline, to the beautiful lakorn OSTs. 

The production team's greatest challenge was as with any remake, how do you keep the integrity of the storyline and the characters while making it new and relevant to the today's audience? The pressure was high, but they decided not to follow the mold, they broke it, and just did their own thing. 

Definitely, what every person who's seen any previous version of Koo Kum had noticed was this version's interpretation of the character Kobori. I do think that Khun Boy really took a risk with this lakorn when he sat down with his screenwriter and director and decided to make this Kobori more lively and flirty.  With Kobori being such a solid character that is beloved by so many Thais, how do you make him fresh and appealing to the new generation, while not shutting out the older generations that had fallen in love with this character in the first place?  I think the risk paid off because they found a winning balance when they not only made Kobori more lively, but also more raw with emotions. This Kobori is more expressive....when he was happy, his smile was extra wide, but when he was in pain, his pain and disappointments were displayed with extra depth of emotions. He dropped more tears than any other Kobori and I believe this is what made this Kobori so real to us the viewers.

The character Ang was also given a more modern interpretation. This Ang is more affectionate. She was more receptive to Kobori's advances, and I loved it that we got to see moments when she just melted for Kobori, which I don't remember seeing in the previous versions. I think had they stuck with the previous interpretations of Ang being more distant and less affectionate, it might have been less relatable to today's generation.  

Also, I do think that this version was so successful because it had more passion in it. Their courtship was extra cute with the flirting. There were parts when Kobori was extra touchy feely and parts where he was quick with his hands and knew how to manhandle Ang, which surprised her and us because I don't remember the previous Kobori's being like this. Then when they got married *Melts*....they executed the husband/wifey scenes so well........and I must add that no matter how other future Koo Kum screenwriters translate the scene of Kobori killing the scorpion from episode 3, no screenwriter will be able to make killing the scorpion as memorable as this version.... when macho Kobori takes the knife and stabs the scorpion.....haha......it's flirty Kobori at his best.

Awe, so good luck to any future production companies that decides to remake Koo Kum because it will be difficult to top this version. 

Edit
@Choua, no you are not the only one. I feel the same as you. At work, when I'm not busy....my mind drifts off and I think of Kobori and Ang and how beautiful and tragic their love was. I get teary eyed and I don't know when I'll recover. These characters feel so real to me........and it doesn't help that the Koo Kum duet of Bie and Noona with the instrumental backing track is playing in my head every waking hour. 

Blossomgirl93

sarNie Egg
It's my third time watching and this time I'm watching from my flatscreen with Ceci's translation on my phone. It's even more heart wrenching and sad than ever. I'm crying more buckets of tears and I can't stop replaying the scenes in my mind. It's 3am and I'm still thinking about Kobori and Ang's tragic love story and I'm still so depressed. All the "what if" scenarios I'm trying to think about are trying to make me feel better but they're not helping :(

cikna

sarNie Adult
looksy said:
I've must have re-watched the death scene at least 5 times now and I still cry just as much. I already miss Bie and Noona so much. And now seeing this thread in the "old lakorn" section is making me even more sad. 

Here's a photo and a clip of some bloopers that will put a smile on our faces.

credit: as tagged

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi-b6zaaDkg
credit: Malie BieIntFC @ youtube

i'm always curious about what is said in some of the BTS videos. for instance, this one that looksy posted; i think noona was showing bie how to caress her nose, and then bie said something funny and everybody laughed. what did he say??

looksy said:
I agree this lakorn has production values and technical merits. Exact hit a home run with this lakorn. Everything about this lakorn is perfect from the talented cast, to the wonderful and detailed interpretation of the storyline, to the beautiful lakorn OSTs. 

The production team's greatest challenge was as with any remake, how do you keep the integrity of the storyline and the characters while making it new and relevant to the today's audience? The pressure was high, but they decided not to follow the mold, they broke it, and just did their own thing. 

Definitely, what every person who's seen any previous version of Koo Kum had noticed was this version's interpretation of the character Kobori. I do think that Khun Boy really took a risk with this lakorn when he sat down with his screenwriter and director and decided to make this Kobori more lively and flirty.  With Kobori being such a solid character that is beloved by so many Thais, how do you make him fresh and appealing to the new generation, while not shutting out the older generations that had fallen in love with this character in the first place?  I think the risk paid off because they found a winning balance when they not only made Kobori more lively, but also more raw with emotions. This Kobori is more expressive....when he was happy, his smile was extra wide, but when he was in pain, his pain and disappointments were displayed with extra depth of emotions. He dropped more tears than any other Kobori and I believe this is what made this Kobori so real to us the viewers.

The character Ang was also given a more modern interpretation. This Ang is more affectionate. She was more receptive to Kobori's advances, and I loved it that we got to see moments when she just melted for Kobori, which I don't remember seeing in the previous versions. I think had they stuck with the previous interpretations of Ang being more distant and less affectionate, it might have been less relatable to today's generation.  

Also, I do think that this version was so successful because it had more passion in it. Their courtship was extra cute with the flirting. There were parts when Kobori was extra touchy feely and parts where he was quick with his hands and knew how to manhandle Ang, which surprised her and us because I don't remember the previous Kobori's being like this. Then when they got married *Melts*....they executed the husband/wifey scenes so well........and I must add that no matter how other future Koo Kum screenwriters translate the scene of Kobori killing the scorpion from episode 3, no screenwriter will be able to make killing the scorpion as memorable as this version.... when macho Kobori takes the knife and stabs the scorpion.....haha......it's flirty Kobori at his best.

Awe, so good luck to any future production companies that decides to remake Koo Kum because it will be difficult to top this version. 

Edit
@Choua, no you are not the only one. I feel the same as you. At work, when I'm not busy....my mind drifts off and I think of Kobori and Ang and how beautiful and tragic their love was. I get teary eyed and I don't know when I'll recover. These characters feel so real to me........and it doesn't help that the Koo Kum duet of Bie and Noona with the instrumental backing track is playing in my head every waking hour. 

beautifully said, looksy. love reading your analysis of the overall presentation of this version of KhuKam. Don't know whether u gals realise or not, there's more intellectual and matured discussions going on in here. well, at least for me, that's what I think. of course, we also have that girlish, teenage-like comments. but usually, what usually caught my attention is the personal reflection and in-depth interpretation of each of the fans here, analysing, discussing and exchanging views about the drama. we may not be drama critic, but i believe most of the things people right in this thread have knowledge values - vocabulary, expressive language, and etc.

i was telling my student who came to see me the other day (the one who came for consultation when her teacher just barely controlled herself from crying and reading ceci's translation), why not you go to forums that discuss about things that you like very much and build up your writing skills from there. i even showed her this thread and some examples of u gals' writings. after reading a few, she said it was deep and seemed like a very serious discussion. when i told her we were actually discussing a thai drama, she just stared at me "seriously, teacher?" i just smiled and firmly said yes.

NdA

1023er ^^:BieNa :^^
Maybe I’m the only one here who hasn’t watched any of koo gum previous versions. This version seems surpassed previous koo gum remake regarding to most of opinions here. I’m glad get involve with this version and also glad there were Bie & Noona portrayed Kobori & Ang respectively..with koo gum everything is my “first time”. I’ve a lot of “my first” to an extent I could even listing it. TBH I never cry (I do feel sad) watching previous episodes of koo gum because I can’t feel the “real” feeling. With super sad scene in last 2 finale episodes, I can’t hold my tears anymore. Last night I re-watch scene where Kobori took his last breath..and I cried again. I love everything about koo gum (except side characters)..it’s gonna be hard bid farewell to this lakorn. In future there’s no lakorn will come close to the addiction/devotion I had for koo gum this past few months. Koo gum was my first ever & all time favourite lakorn. Can’t wait re-watch koo gum back with eng subs, wait patiently for the subbing.

Thanks to everyone here, I really enjoying read all comments & insightful thoughts you guys had shared on this thread.. Special thanks to my saviour Cecilia, without your translations it like I’m had losing my glasses. I mostly silent because I’m not good in expressing my opinion plus I’m very bad in translated my words/opinion to an English hehehe.

Okay here's I represent my artwork..this also my first time editing photos using photoshop. I always not satisfied with an outcome...

Japanese Kanji translation:

Words keep re-sounding in the memory of the sky
Kioku no sora ni hibiite'ku kotoba

"Thank you" and "Goodbye"
"arigatou" sosh*te "sayonara"

My irreplaceable person…
Kakegae no nai hito...
Credit:lyricshall

Actually I use “Kokoro no Ato,”Whereabouts of the Heart song lyric, sing by Riyu Kosaka. I find this song really suit Kobori & Ang love story.

Bie & Noona Banner

@cikna "bertuah dapat cikgu macam cikna"...

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
good news. rumors say Ruk Jup Jai will come out with dvd soon. Yay! I wanna see so much. hope it's true. I think becos fans request so much after love Bie&Noona in koo kum so khun Boy pity us fans.  agree if exact were to do a re-make of their old lakorns for Bie&Noona to play together. my choice is either Roy lay sanay rai or Fah pieng  din,wanna see Bie play as a bad p'ek w/Noona will be fun. in pantip sound like there is two genre lakorns that their thai fans wanna see. either slap/kiss lakorn like jum loey ruk or romantic comedy for them to play together. my pick slap/kiss cos I like this type of lakorn and think Bie&Noona play drama so well,wanna see them play drama together again w/happy ending,in koo kum Noona was mean to Bie, so this time around wanna see Bie be mean to Noona back.and also they play sit-com a lot already,currently Bie in sit-com nut kup nut and Noona in krua song tum nong ruk. just hope that their new lakorn it's happy ending with many cute love scenes us fans are happy already. Bie post in his website said happy right now get to rest and then he have to prepare for a new project,guarantee gonna be fun. i hope it's with Noona. cross fingers.

just saw this pic look so cute. the teasing on the pic is so funny." my respectful wife pls let me pour water on you", "good. love only your wife is not enough you have to respect your wife too"
love Noona body. she has such nice curvey figure. she's tiny but not boney like other n'eks, girls who are too boney is scary looking like skeletons. and love her skin tone so pretty. love her big eyes,full lip,face shape,nose which compliment eachother so well. 
was reading the thai fans tease them they notice Bie&Noona gave eachother weird nicknames. he call her "Ai tua none" and she call him "Ai ni"  and from the bts clip they notice the scene Noona and Gun has to hug. Bie got upset and so got tease by the crew on the set said he was upset cos possessive over Noona w/Gun. so he said "Ai tua none...i'm not possessive over. go ahead take her"( he being sarcastic) but why he has to look upset and tell them to hurry up and film it's late. and why Noona/Gun when heard Bie voice got startled and hurry and let go of eachother. haha. hmmm..it shows something there. and that's why in this scene we see Kobori look so angry when saw Ang hug with Wanut cos Bie is really mad and so make his character come out looking so real haha....i'm surprise Bie is a possessive guy but who wouldn't Noona is so cute/pretty. come on Bie only one scene that Noona has to hug with Gun,don't be upset now.haha. like Bie/Noona use to say after 5 yrs they'll hook up. maybe by then they'll get marry,gosh they'll have such beautiful babies. ok going off too far,sorry.  i'm just sharing for fun. don't think too serious about this. don't wanna give high hopes of these two as a  real couple off screen. they are "koo jin". it's fun to "jin". miss KoboBie and AngNoona so much. still watch koo kum everyday and cry everytime watch the end episode.TT...
rumors said Koo Kum dvd box set 2 will release on May 10.

looksy

sarNie Adult
Thanks for sharing the news Teedee. I'm happy to hear Rub Jub Jai will be released on DVD. I also hear that the first DVD boxed set of Koo Kum is selling well in Thailand. Some stores are even sold out. 

OMGosh, your little tidbits on Bie and Noona...........thanks for sharing. I was squealing like a school girl reading that......how cute!!!.......but you are right, we can't get our hopes up too high, but it's nice to hear that there could really be something there. They have known each other a long time.  But regardless, we just want them to be happy, no matter who they choose. 

NdA

@teedee, your trivia never fail make my heart flutter…however as much I love Bie&Noona end up together, I constantly remind myself..I’m merely a shipper doesn’t have right to control their life/choice. @looksy..yeah as long as their happy I’ll happy for them (try my best) & I’m squealing too, gosh what wrong with me..at my teenage days I never squealing like this..even I'm irked at my friends who giggling, squealing, swoon.etc over their idols.

BTW what “koo jin”, “Ai tua none” and “Ai ni” mean?

@teedee please update when Ruk Jap Jai DVD release date..I'll save my money from now on. 

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
NdA said:
@teedee, your trivia never fail make my heart flutter…however as much I love Bie&Noona end up together, I constantly remind myself..I’m merely a shipper doesn’t have right to control their life/choice. @looksy..yeah as long as their happy I’ll happy for them (try my best) & I’m squealing too, gosh what wrong with me..at my teenage days I never squealing like this..even I'm irked at my friends who giggling, squealing, swoon.etc over their idols.

BTW what “koo jin”, “Ai tua none” and “Ai ni” mean?

@teedee please update when Ruk Jap Jai DVD release date..I'll save my money from now on. 

@Nda @Loosy  glad I can make you gals happy. I know I remind myself the same we can't force them to love eachother. but we can still hopes and cheer them to hook up. like I say don't take my trivia/tidbits too seriously. just sharing for fun what I read from their thai fans and from my analysis.
"koo jin" means a couple that many fans love and cheer them to really date.
lets see how can I explain these words "Ai tua none" and "Ai ni"
it's like words you would say to people you are close to in a playful way.
"ai" is  a word you call someone that you are close too which is in a improper way.
"tua none" mean that person
"ni" mean that
hope that make sense. sorry if it doesn't make sense. so from what Bie&Noona call eachother these names, they sound really close. they both like to joke/tease eachother often so calling eachother these names is a way of showing they are comfortable/close with eachother.
so now it became a new nicknames for their thai fans to address them when talking about them when they want to cheer them to really hook up as a real couple but don't want to  put pressure on them either. this thai fan was funny she is Bie's fan and she see him like a nephew to her and so she love Noona too so she said "when will Noona come and be our niece in law. when will she give in to Bie". haha.sound like she feel the same way as me can see Bie like Noona.the way he look at her on/off screen, it shows, his eyes can't lied haha. and another fan said "thought Bie is the one that doesn't pursue Noona". i think if he really likes her he needs to make it clear to her that he does and not just jokes around cos she won't know if he's serious or joking. can see these two glitter/sparks off screen already. if they get to work together again they will get more close and maybe their relationship will progress.like the saying saids the closeness can make two people fall in love. don't know if it's true or not but a fan said from Bie recent interview he said he and Ingfah(grammy boss daughter) can't progress more than friends. if Bie/Noona really decided to date hope they keep it a secret cos will make their relationship last longer, cos going public only make things worse, too many eyes on them and many pressures too and when ready to marry then announce to the media. ok going off  too far again.sorry. i'm in my own fantasy world of Bie&Noona together. as long as we get to see them continue working together again, it's good enough. their personal love life who they love is their choice, we have to respect. i understand and will try to accept it.even though it's hard. sigh.
@Nda i'm waiting for Ruk jup jai dvd too. don't worry i'll inform you for sure when I know more updates.

NdA

@teedee thank you, I'm with you if they date in real life (wishful thinking) it better keep their relation in secret. LOL we are shipper of course we will thinking too far sometime..I remember isn't Bie & Noona have different religion right? isn't this will reflect their choice?

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
NdA said:
@teedee thank you, I'm with you if they date in real life (wishful thinking) it better keep their relation in secret. LOL we are shipper of course we will thinking too far sometime..I remember isn't Bie & Noona have different religion right? isn't this will reflect their choice?
your welcome NdA.  yeah they have different religion, but I say if two people really love eachother, their different religions shouldn't affect their choices. it's the heart that really matters. and when people love eachother  a lot they can always compromise.

NdA

@gloria, Noona religion is Islam, so she is Muslim (Thanks to @looksy for this Info). Recently I've found her Islam's name..Rohana, what a classic name for a Muslim. 
@teedee agreed with you. Talking about religion, just for info..there was Thai movie centering this premise, a love story between Muslim girl and Buddhist boy..It was tragic love story because they were forbid to love each others. 

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
NdA said:
@gloria, Noona religion is Islam, so she is Muslim (Thanks to @looksy for this Info). Recently I've found her Islam's name..Rohana, what a classic name for a Muslim. 
@teedee agreed with you. Talking about religion, just for info..there was Thai movie centering this premise, a love story between Muslim girl and Buddhist boy..It was tragic love story because they were forbid to love each others. 
yeah I love Noona Islam's name too. "Rohana" she said it means duang jai cong chun (my sweetheart). she got her nickname from Rohana. her originally nickname was just "Na" but she like to call herself Noo when talking to her mom so then became "Noona". but many people thought she was name after a type of rat (noona-that lives in the rice field) which is not true.
that's such a sad love story, two people love eachother but forbid to love eachother because of their religion,unfair TT

NdA

Searching for Rohana name meaning, I got this “Rohana is a genus of butterflies in the family Nymphalidae -wiki and Bie nickname originally from “Gumbie” right, means “dragonfly”. Butterfly & Dragonfly, even though from different species..similarity both can fly. hehehe

It sound unfair just likes koo gum, Kobori & Ang separated by War but God knows all things, everything happen for a reason. 

teedee

sarNie Oldmaid
NdA said:
Searching for Rohana name meaning, I got this “Rohana is a genus of butterflies in the family Nymphalidae -wiki and Bie nickname originally from “Gumbie” right, means “dragonfly”. Butterfly & Dragonfly, even though from different species..similarity both can fly. hehehe

It sound unfair just likes koo gum, Kobori & Ang separated by War but God knows all things, everything happen for a reason. 
very nice meaning for both of their names.  it's like they're born to be together hehe. butterfly&dragonfly are both pretty species and can fly. neat.
right now Bie is in Korea on a trip. glad he get to take a break like he wanted. hope when come back he and Noona will get to work together again. cross fingers.
yep everything happens for a reasons. we can't stop it. just have to accept it.
it's cute Noona is still into her character as Angsumalin cos recently she post a pic of herself pregnant as Ang and said" i'll take care of our child"

cikna

sarNie Adult
"Rohana"??? Intriguing! Thanks for sharing the info. Tomorrow is Monday. In the past, we would be all giddy waiting for KhuKham. But I guess, life goes back to normal..What is normal???