[Ch5] Koom Nang Kruan (Exact)

sarNie Adult
i must be the only who feels bad for yodlah. :scratchhead2: kinda feel that her dad was too hard on her and should have tried explaining she was being used.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
72701 said:
i must be the only who feels bad for yodlah. :scratchhead2: kinda feel that her dad was too hard on her and should have tried explaining she was being used.

I feel bad for Yodlah too.  She may be annoying and dumb but she was being lied to and being used.  And the two people she loves the most didn't have the decency to tell her from the beginning that they met first and are in love?  They carried out her engagement up until "hey! surprise, we're getting married and you? Well you have to watch us live happily ever after."  

I mean, who wouldn't have taken it that way?  Yodlah was confused and heart broken over losing her fiance to her sister, and then right after that, all these lies poured in.  It may be easy for us and for outsiders to see, but for her and anyone else in her shoes (just as it is for victims in abusive cases), it's hard for her to see the situation that she's in especially when she's filled with anger and grief and heart break.  I believe she loves her sister dearly but because she loves her sister so much, she is that angry that her sister would take her fiance (of course it's the other way around but people waited centuries to let her know the truth).

poobae91

sarNie Adult
True, but Yodlah was still being ignorant. One big reason why I can't sympathize with her is that she trusted that evil guy more than her own family. Her dad always sings her praises, and he usually scolds dararai. I understand that love blinds you and makes you do stupid decision without a care of anyone's advice, but really...to the point where you would trust someone else? This is a big no no for me even if it does happen in real life situation, I don't support this kind of action. This just shows the lack of love and trust that she has for her family.

Plus, she refused to listen to the truth that her evil teacher is evil thus, she had to wait a whole century to learn the truth.

noydarny

sarNie Adult
I don't feel bad for Yodlah. You can see even her mom lied to her about Dararai and her step mother but she was still very nice to Dararai. She knows the different. She picked to listen to the guy because she can't accept the truth that luang Thep and Dararai love each other.

preetam

sarNie Oldmaid
Me after so many episodes I just can't feel for the "heroes". And one can see how Thep mom has never like Yodlah :/

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
preetam said:
Me after so many episodes I just can't feel for the "heroes". And one can see how Thep mom has never like Yodlah :/
Well if I were her, I wouldn't like her either. Just imagine if your were in her place. Her son wronged Yordlah, but she comes to their house, immediately steals her sister's husband (which suggests that that was the point of her visit), and doesn't bother trying to get to know Thep's family at all. She spends her entire time with Thep and lords her victory over Dararai to her face. All she knows about Yordlah is what Yordlah has shown her since her arrival. There really isn't anything about her to like. Unless you can point out something that I missed that shows Yordlah in a favorable light that his mother blatantly disregarded because she was unreasonably prejudiced against her, but I think his mother's feelings toward Yordlah are reasonable and justified according to what she's seen and experienced.

beamsgirl said:
I feel bad for Yodlah too.  She may be annoying and dumb but she was being lied to and being used.  And the two people she loves the most didn't have the decency to tell her from the beginning that they met first and are in love?  They carried out her engagement up until "hey! surprise, we're getting married and you? Well you have to watch us live happily ever after."  
By saying that, you're dismissing the heartache Dararai went through to come to the decision of stepping aside for her sister, as if she coldheartedly and heartlessly set out to give Yordlah hopes only to snatch it away at the last second - which was not what happened, nor how it played out. Yes, the decent thing to do would have been to tell her sister about her past with Luang Thep, but by this time, Yordlah was already engaged to him and deeply in love with him. How shameless would it have been for Dararai to approach her sister and say, "I knew Luang Thep first and I'm in love with him, so please step aside"? I mean, I'm not sure what telling Yordlah the truth at this point would have accomplished except to make her step aside, so if Dararai tells her the truth, she's shameless and selfish; if she doesn't, she's indecent and still selfish?

beamsgirl said:
I mean, who wouldn't have taken it that way?  Yodlah was confused and heart broken over losing her fiance to her sister, and then right after that, all these lies poured in.  It may be easy for us and for outsiders to see, but for her and anyone else in her shoes (just as it is for victims in abusive cases), it's hard for her to see the situation that she's in especially when she's filled with anger and grief and heart break.  I believe she loves her sister dearly but because she loves her sister so much, she is that angry that her sister would take her fiance (of course it's the other way around but people waited centuries to let her know the truth).
I admit that for Yordlah that's exactly what it must have looked like, but everything you say also supports exactly what I think of Yordlah: that she only believes what she wants to believe. People seem to think that because she was lied to by her mom, her servants, and later lied to and manipulated by her teacher, she's not accountable for her actions. The teacher may have manipulated Yordlah, but he didn't make her do anything against her will. She consciously made her own decisions, even if they were misguided. People also seem to think that Yordlah is easily misguided and gullible. I don't see her that way at all. On the contrary, she's strong-minded and stubborn. For years her mom has been telling her lies about Dararai, but there was never any indication that she ever believed her mom or that deep down she even harbored a tiny seed of belief. She was smart enough to realize that her mom was speaking from her own jealousy and insecurities, so I'm supposed to believe that all of a sudden Yordlah lost the ability to reason and come to her own conclusions?

Another point that backs up my theory that Yordlah believes what she wants to believe is the situation with her father. Her father clearly loved her the most, but because what he said didn't support her own beliefs, she accused him of not loving her and of betraying her by siding with Dararai. Another example is her reaction to Khru Basri. When he foretold that the two sisters would fight over one man, she believed his words, but after she met him and he criticized her (well it wasn't a criticism but a suggestion that she study Dharma so that she doesn't harbor evil thoughts and take the wrong path in life), suddenly, she dismisses him as a quack. Even when Tripope told her the truth, she refused to believe it because it was contrary to her own beliefs. So if you ask me if I feel sorry for Yordlah, the answer is yes because she suffered heartache and betrayal, but that's the extent of my feelings toward her. No matter how misguided she was or how much pain she suffered, it doesn't make what she's doing right, nor does it give her the green light to create havoc. Yes, I can understand why she's doing what she's doing, but unlike popular belief, I don't see her as a pawn in her teacher's quest for revenge; I see her as someone who's a willing pawn because it's what she already believes or wants to believe, therefore, to her it's the truth. If she didn't believe it, she never would, just like it was with her mom's lies the entire time she was growing up or all the times now when Dao and Tri are trying to tell her the truth. Yordlah will never believe the truth until she wants to.

This doesn't mean I think Dararai and Luang Thep are blameless or right. There were things they could have done differently, but at this point I'm not sure the outcome would have been different because there's nothing to suggest that Yordlah would have stepped aside for Dararai if she had told her the truth - not because she doesn't love Dararai (because she does), but because Yordlah has never had to give up anything for Dararai. Yordlah loves her sister and would do anything for her, but because she's never had to sacrifice anything (that we know of), there's no telling that she would have, especially if he was the man she loved. She doesn't even take criticism well because she's so used to praise. But for Dararai, she looks up to her sister, and based on human nature, the one who looks up to the other person would be the one more willing to sacrifice for the other. Dararai may have been wrong to keep the truth from her sister, but I'm not sure I would have done it any differently. As for Luang Thep, I do sympathize with his dilemma, but his actions were selfish and cowardly. He should have done the honorable thing and married Yordlah or done the honorable thing by calling it off and explaining the truth to her. Instead, he forced Dararai to be in a situation that made it impossible for her to refuse marrying him.

Either way, they were all wrong in some way. No one was completely innocent, but even if you believe that Yordlah is "more innocent," that doesn't make her more right.

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
This will end at 22 episodes. Haven't caught up with this week's episodes yet. 

SonYukView4ever

♥OFFICIAL MARK PRIN STALKER♥
eeks, too many comments for my lazybutt to follow up with, loz. but someone mentioned that daralai never told yodlah about her plan for marrying luangthep. actually, she did. she wrote a detail letter trying to explain everything to yodlah, and she gave that letter to yodlah's maids before her marriage with luangthep, but instead of giving the letter to yodlah, her maids lied and said daralai only told them how happy she is with luangthep, that she doesn't care about yodlah.  then while placing the letter on a counter in front of them, the corrupted "teacher" burned up the letter. so to me, it's stupid that yodlad's maids never even tried to find the letter. they just ignore the letter all together. when I think about it, knowing her hurt and sad yodlah is, they should have spoken the truth, not add more fire to yodlah's anger. but their jealousy really took over their goodness.

in my pov, yodlah's people live in a world of lies, bitterness, jealousy. her mother always blame daralai's mom even when daralai's mom is actually really nice and respectful towards her. then there's yodlah's guilty maids, and finally yodlah fell into the same hole that her side of the family raised her to be. and everything else that daralai receives or has only makes yodlah more angry, jealous and bitter.

still, in the end, luangthep does not love yodlah. she's rather blind in that aspect because she refuses to accept that part of the truth. even when laungthep has duty to marry her, he declines to comply to it because he loves daralai.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Well the maids did tell Yordlah about the letter. They told her Dararai had given Wayu to her in exchange for Luang Thep and that she had written her a letter, but she had probably only written it to mock her. Yordlah replied that she still wanted to read it and asked where it was, and while they said nothing, the teacher stole it.

I think by the end of Yordlah's life, Luang Thep did love her. Both he and Dararai admitted it. I believe when Luang Thep came out of the spell and returned to Dararai, while he was apologizing to her, she said his heart was now divided in two, and he denied it, saying he only feels sorry for Yordlah and that he's also touched by her undying loyalty toward him but the one he loves is Dararai. However, Dararai knows better, so when Luang Thep's sister said he's only married to Yordlah because she had put a love spell on him, Dararai admitted that regardless of the spell, Luang Thep does have real feelings for Yordlah. And then after Yordlah's death, Luang Thep went back to the place where he had first met Yordlah and while remembering her, said that because his heart was divided in two, he ended up hurting so many people, so in the next life and every life thereafter, he wants to have only one heart and to love only one person so that he never hurts anyone like this again, so I believe Luang Thep did love Yordlah. He just loved Dararai more. I think his love toward Yordlah is the kind of love that's mixed with admiration, guilt, pity, and like he admitted to Dararai, he's touched by her undying loyalty and love, but his love toward Dararai is deeper, like he can't live without her because he loves her too much. Between Dararai and Yordlah, he would choose Dararai (which he's done repeatedly), but he isn't completely immune to Yordlah.

beamsgirl

sarNie Adult
lenlin said:
Well the maids did tell Yordlah about the letter. They told her Dararai had given Wayu to her in exchange for Luang Thep and that she had written her a letter, but she had probably only written it to mock her. Yordlah replied that she still wanted to read it and asked where it was, and while they said nothing, the teacher stole it.

I think by the end of Yordlah's life, Luang Thep did love her. Both he and Dararai admitted it. I believe when Luang Thep came out of the spell and returned to Dararai, while he was apologizing to her, she said his heart was now divided in two, and he denied it, saying he only feels sorry for Yordlah and that he's also touched by her undying loyalty toward him but the one he loves is Dararai. However, Dararai knows better, so when Luang Thep's sister said he's only married to Yordlah because she had put a love spell on him, Dararai admitted that regardless of the spell, Luang Thep does have real feelings for Yordlah. And then after Yordlah's death, Luang Thep went back to the place where he had first met Yordlah and while remembering her, said that because his heart was divided in two, he ended up hurting so many people, so in the next life and every life thereafter, he wants to have only one heart and to love only one person so that he never hurts anyone like this again, so I believe Luang Thep did love Yordlah. He just loved Dararai more. I think his love toward Yordlah is the kind of love that's mixed with admiration, guilt, pity, and like he admitted to Dararai, he's touched by her undying loyalty and love, but his love toward Dararai is deeper, like he can't live without her because he loves her too much. Between Dararai and Yordlah, he would choose Dararai (which he's done repeatedly), but he isn't completely immune to Yordlah.

I agree lol even though I haven't seen that scene.  Can you link me to or tell me what episode it is that Luan Thep goes back to the place he and Yohdlah first met?  Thanks.

jeanie1

sarNie Adult
Just got a chance to watch this and I don't feel sorry for Yodlah at all. She was never innocent or good. She was always a spoiled selfish brat but it just never showed because she always got her way. She was the perfect sister and everyone around her fed into her ego that she was just perfect. But the minute something doesn't go her way or she's challenged, her true colors showed. In times of difficulties is when you can really judge a character. As for the evil teacher, yes he was telling her lies but she's responsible for her actions. Yodlah had already made up her mind that she was the victim and Dara was wrong. She went searching for validation of that opinion and she got it in her teacher. He was feeding the flames but she had already made up her mind. She wasn't going to listen to anyone who told her differently. She would just keep on searching for people who agree with her.

I think Luang Thep was weak. And Dara was wrong not to be 100% honest but that's it. But even if them 2 were completely wrong and had really betrayed Yodlah, it doesn't mean her revenge is right either. Yodlah could've chosen to be the better person and walk away. But she's not the better person is she? Even though she believes she is. People get dumped all the time and betrayed by people they love. It's not the end of the world. She's not entitled to revenge just because she got dumped. It's not like they tried to kill her.

poobae91

sarNie Adult
Thanks @lenlin, I was wondering what he was saying on that part.

That pretty much answers the question that if he had met yodlah first then he would have fallen for her.

He's pretty much admired yodlah the same as he did with dararai on the loyalty part, but his love for dararai just runs deeper.

The lakorn is pretty much trying to state that it's Thep's fault lol. 

sarNie Adult
i think the only character that doesn't really have a gray area for hating is the witch doctor dude.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
poobae91 said:
Thanks @lenlin, I was wondering what he was saying on that part.

That pretty much answers the question that if he had met yodlah first then he would have fallen for her.

He's pretty much admired yodlah the same as he did with dararai on the loyalty part, but his love for dararai just runs deeper.

The lakorn is pretty much trying to state that it's Thep's fault lol. 

Well even Toomtam admitted that Luang Thep was at fault in interviews lol. But honestly, I think he can only be partially blamed because it wasn't like he set out to love two women. He firmly believed in monogamy, which was why he was determined to marry Dararai instead of Yordlah, even against his duties to his parents and his country. I don't think anyone, least of all him, expected to be put under a spell and end up marrying a second wife. Once that ship has sailed, you kind of just have to make the best out of that kind of situation. It would be difficult to not develop some sort of love or affection with someone you're intimate with, especially if you already admired her and felt guilty for hurting and humiliating her.

I'm still not completely convinced he would have loved Yordlah if he had met her first because you can admire someone and never love them. Plus, in episode 20, Tri told Dao that they were destined to love each other whether it was in this life, the last life, or the one before that because even Luang Thep liked Dararai the first time he met her, even before he found out she wasn't a man. I suppose that doesn't really preclude the notion that he wouldn't have loved Yordlah, but what it does mean is that regardless of who he's with, he'll always like Dararai/Dao when he meets her, so I guess for Luang Thep and Dararai's sake, it's a good thing they met first. What I'm curious about is if Luang Thep would have still loved Yordlah if she had never put him under a love spell because even after he came out of it, I don't believe he knew or was ever told she had put him under a spell, so residual effects aside, to him, he must believe there was some sort of affection there for him to do what he did. If Yordlah came to visit and he was still touched by her loyalty and developed feelings for her, then I would be more inclined to believe that he would have loved Yordlah if he had met her first, but whether it was in that life or the next one, his attraction to her always stemmed from some sort of spell. In the scenes when Yordlah became flesh and blood, I kept waiting to see if Tri would actually fall for her of his own accord, but despite her fervent belief that he loves her, she always cast some sort of bewitching spell on him, so he was always attracted to her against his will. Well I guess it doesn't matter about what-ifs because Luang Thep didn't meet Yordlah first, and he was already in love with Dararai so it's all moot conjecture since ultimately, the one he chooses would be Dararai/Dao.

lenlin

sarNie Juvenile
Mahalo said:
This will end at 22 episodes. Haven't caught up with this week's episodes yet. 
Well I was also wrong. Originally, they said Narak would air after KNK, but it's going to be Leh Nangfah instead, while Narak will air after E-sa. I know not a lot of people watched KNK because it was so slow (and I do agree that it was), but I still enjoyed it. However, I'll be glad to see it end. I would have enjoyed it even more if they had developed Tri and Dao more as characters, as well as developed their relationship better. 

poobae91

sarNie Adult
lenlin said:
I'm still not completely convinced he would have loved Yordlah if he had met her first because you can admire someone and never love them. Plus, in episode 20, Tri told Dao that they were destined to love each other whether it was in this life, the last life, or the one before that because even Luang Thep liked Dararai the first time he met her, even before he found out she wasn't a man. I suppose that doesn't really preclude the notion that he wouldn't have loved Yordlah, but what it does mean is that regardless of who he's with, he'll always like Dararai/Dao when he meets her, so I guess for Luang Thep and Dararai's sake, it's a good thing they met first. What I'm curious about is if Luang Thep would have still loved Yordlah if she had never put him under a love spell because even after he came out of it, I don't believe he knew or was ever told she had put him under a spell, so residual effects aside, to him, he must believe there was some sort of affection there for him to do what he did. If Yordlah came to visit and he was still touched by her loyalty and developed feelings for her, then I would be more inclined to believe that he would have loved Yordlah if he had met her first, but whether it was in that life or the next one, his attraction to her always stemmed from some sort of spell. In the scenes when Yordlah became flesh and blood, I kept waiting to see if Tri would actually fall for her of his own accord, but despite her fervent belief that he loves her, she always cast some sort of bewitching spell on him, so he was always attracted to her against his will. Well I guess it doesn't matter about what-ifs because Luang Thep didn't meet Yordlah first, and he was already in love with Dararai so it's all moot conjecture since ultimately, the one he chooses would be Dararai/Dao.
True, true. I forgot all about that haha. Thep would have fallen in love with yodlah, but this was only if dararai never ever existed.

huajaikaungtur

- Marina ♥
I'm so behind on this lakorn, yikes!

lenlin said:
Well I was also wrong. Originally, they said Narak would air after KNK, but it's going to be Leh Nangfah instead, while Narak will air after E-sa. I know not a lot of people watched KNK because it was so slow (and I do agree that it was), but I still enjoyed it. However, I'll be glad to see it end. I would have enjoyed it even more if they had developed Tri and Dao more as characters, as well as developed their relationship better. 

I agree with you. Koom Nang Kruan was definitely a slow paced lakorn and wasn't as popular but nonetheless, I enjoyed it mostly because of Toomtam and Mo's chemistry.
This lakorn had so much potential to do better. I'm slightly disappointed but I do not regret watching this lakorn.
Hopefully, Toomtam and Mo will pair up again in the future w/ more scenes of them!

Also, I'm excited for both Leh Nangfah and Narak especially LN. Even though the storyline is so bizarre, I'm hyped for the light-hearted lakorn.

SonYukView4ever

♥OFFICIAL MARK PRIN STALKER♥
wow srsly, I was so disappointed with the ending. wtf?! Lol.

Dao and Tri didn't even get a chance to confess their for love one another or get a happy ending scene together.

KNK is a huge disappointment for me.  I enjoyed Toomtam and Mo's scenes together, but their time together was so limited. :(

KNK is a not a good script/plot to begin with.  I was only hyped because of Mo and Toomtam. lol.  Everything else is pretty much bleh.

I give this director a 1/5 stars. I would have given him a lower .5/5 if it was not for Mo and Toomtam. lol.

I give the lakorn itself a 1.5/5 or maybe a 2/5. Really stupid plot (all because of Yodlah's nonsense crap, revenge)

I also dont know what to feel about Pinky or Yodlah. She's pretty bleh too lol

This lakorn just lacks so much in everything, so unfulfilling and unsatisfying.