[CH7] La Ong Dao (JSL Global Media)

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
JSL is okay to me so far in terms of script and directing. They're not great or horrible, good enough and better than most. Love their cinematography. That's the only thing that sets them apart from other productions.

p.smilez

sarNie OldFart
Mahalo said:
Yeah, but their first two didn't really revolve much around them. Preaw stole the show in KB and they share screen time with Pooklook and Om in their second one. I'm so happy they get a lakorn with a plot that devotes screen time to only them. La Ong Dao is about p'ek falling for his adoptive sister while hating her at first for inheriting part of his father's asset, which he can only get back under the condition that he marries her. I love love/hate relationships between the pranang. Lol. The past two versions have been extremely boring but it has such a good plot! How can anyone go wrong with that kind of plot? I hope this production gives it a little umph and make it fun.

OUUUU !! This is the kind of plot that I like lol pranangs living in the same household and fake marriages. Mhm!!!

Mahalo

sarNie OldFart
ip.smilez said:
OUUUU !! This is the kind of plot that I like lol pranangs living in the same household and fake marriages. Mhm!!!
Yeah, but the agreement can be annulled if n'ek doesn't agree to marry him and already has a lover within a specific amount of years. No fake marriage, just forced marriage with someone p'ek disliked but started falling for. He never met her until she came back for their father's funeral. He already had a negative preconception about her but then begin to realize how great she is later. I started but never finished Ann and Oh's version because it's so boring. Idk why because the plot is so exciting. 

looksy

sarNie Adult
Mahalo said:
I started but never finished Ann and Oh's version because it's so boring. Idk why because the plot is so exciting. 

I totally agree. This lakorn plot has the makings of an exciting lakorn, but for some reason, it just doesn't seem to translate well onto the screen. I too, tried to watch the Ann and Oh version, but couldn't continue. As for Aom & Kong's version, I half watched and half did other things while I was watching it. I pretty much just stuck with it because of Aom. But nonetheless, I for some reason am excited about this lakorn's potential. Given the right director and screenwriter, it really has the makings to be a beautiful love story. And there is actually room to spice up the scenes and make it sizzle with the pra ek being stubborn and saying one thing while his heart says another. I mean, I can totally feel the tension and passion of their relationship, if only the screenwriter and director are able to do their jobs well. Will cross my fingers for this one.  :D

Solinda

sarNie Egg
looksy said:
Given the right director and screenwriter, it really has the makings to be a beautiful love story. And there is actually room to spice up the scenes and make it sizzle with the pra ek being stubborn and saying one thing while his heart says another. I mean, I can totally feel the tension and passion of their relationship, if only the screenwriter and director are able to do their jobs well. Will cross my fingers for this one.  :D

I also hope that this new version is less slow than the original but I don't want this remake to turn out as a typical kiss/slap lakorn. In Ann/Oh version the best thing is the behaviour of p'ek toward n'ek. He indeed disliked her when they were children because of her look and also out of jealousy. So when he learnt he had to marry her while he already has a lover was too much to handle.
However, after meeting her, he has never been a jerk toward her and almost immediately started to behave as a caring brother in a way. He treat her as his equal, never look down at her and always try to protect her for the best. She is the one who always called herself as a "servant" in order to keep distance between them. N'ek is too proud and can't forgive p'ek for rejecting her and that is why she couldn't accept her true feelings. To me, n'ek is too mean toward p'ek but I like that both always act as lady and gentleman toward each other and with respect...and that is what differ this lakorn to a traditional one ! 
It was fun to see p'ek entrangled in his brother role while we all can see how much he is in love instead. Even in the lakorn, everyone see that p'ek love was way more deep than a simple brother's love.

looksy

sarNie Adult
Solinda said:

I also hope that this new version is less slow than the original but I don't want this remake to turn out as a typical kiss/slap lakorn. In Ann/Oh version the best thing is the behaviour of p'ek toward n'ek. He indeed disliked her when they were children because of her look and also out of jealousy. So when he learnt he had to marry her while he already has a lover was too much to handle.
However, after meeting her, he has never been a jerk toward her and almost immediately started to behave as a caring brother in a way. He treat her as his equal, never look down at her and always try to protect her for the best. She is the one who always called herself as a "servant" in order to keep distance between them. N'ek is too proud and can't forgive p'ek for rejecting her and that is why she couldn't accept her true feelings. To me, n'ek is too mean toward p'ek but I like that both always act as lady and gentleman toward each other and with respect...and that is what differ this lakorn to a traditional one ! 
It was fun to see p'ek entrangled in his brother role while we all can see how much he is in love instead....

Oh, you make me even more excited about this lakorn. If given a choice between a typical slap kiss or a detailed beautifully told love story, then I choose the beautifully detailed love story. I'm a fan of those lakorns where more is being said through meaningful stares and where all the excitement lies in what the characters feel for one another, but are not yet ready to admit. Hopefully the pacing will be good because there is a fine line between beautifully detailed love story and one that just drags on and on. Let's keep our fingers crossed because this really is my kind of storyline.

yaksoh

sarNie Juvenile
Dumb drama
It was confusing n stupid
cast was a disappointment
Watch Kong n Priya or Prida version

But it should be remake
I think storyline good
So they need to find better looking casts for new version to get more attraction

D~D

sarNie Adult
So in the END, its Om and Now who will star as our Pra Nang (leading couple.) I'm excited for this one !!!:aaaaa:

LOD.PNG

LOD-cast2.PNG
LOD-cast1.PNG

Last edited:

sarN

sarNie Granny
Old verison was boring & drag but the couple was eye candy (sirum & oh) , 2nd version they change the settings to period , which was actually suitable b/c the romance was slow & restricted under their circumstances ( adopted siblings ). Now, this verison seen like modern time , hopefully they spicy it up or if it anything like the original, good lord , I pray for a good sleeping pillow.

Koy123

sarNie OldFart
Now is beautiful in here, but oh Om... his acting still hasn't improve. I might give him another chance

Solinda

sarNie Egg
I'm so excited ! I'm so glad they keep a modern setting for this version even if it more reminds me the 90's like the first version.
Om is fine to me as p'ek but not as cute as Oh lol. Bow is...ok.