College Help!!~

kying89

sarNie Hatchling
hey guys, i need some help and advice on what college i should go to...
do you guys think it's better to stay close home or go far away...
i live in madison so if i don't go anywhere i might stay in madison but i relly don't fell likt it..otherwise, i want to go to hawaii or somewhere down south- warn places...
need help!!~

LaLa23x23

sarNie Elites
im going away for college...its gonna be my first year in college this september. i think its better to live on campus the first year so you can adjust to the changes. i have no clue where madison is...but you should go to one of the Universities in california. depends on your major too. im going to UCLA, and im gona major in biological sciences..

but california is pretty warm...compared to other places...

where is madison?

marduk

Sarnie Clown!
Madison is in Wisconsin. As for your college choice, I always think that a person should go away for college. It'll allow you to grow and I'll tell you now that's it's going to be hard first year. However, once you get past the homesickness and get used to it, you'll find the experience much more rewarding. This might be your only chance to live somewhere which you'll never live again.

From personal experiences, I can tell you that it's amazing. I grew up in California and for college, I decided to go to the east coast. I've never seen snow before and I figured, "what the hey?! I might as well go out there and see what it's like." From that choice, I believe that I've been exposed to many more things than I would've been had I stayed in California. But in the end, it depends on what you are looking for.

Vanida

Save World Save Life
yeA ME TOO i have to start thinking about college i still a junior but next year is my last year in high school wow Madison that's for smart people iam not going ther for sure University of Madsion u need at least of gpa of 3.7 and higher or 4.0 B) but iam going to techincal college for 2 years then GB university 2 years :) kying89 if your gpa is good then go to madison colllege or come with me instead tc 2 years then GB 2 more years ;)

kying89

sarNie Hatchling
hahaha Vanida, you're funny...i want to join you at GB university....=D
the problem is that my parents want me to go to U-Madison only...and oh, because we're minority, we pretty much need a 3.5 gpa or above...and yea i think for the Act you need at least a 20 plus the writing test.....and it's also good to take the SAT test....
i have a question thou....but for girls like me, is it good to go far away thou...i mean do you guys agree that girls shouldn't go far away b/c it's not good for them and family's reputation...
huh, i don't know yet..i still have one more year before i decide where i want to go...
and oh, i really want to go to UCLA but isn't it for smart ppl too....i think i check the GPA required for U of CAli and it's pretty high....
if i don't stay in Madison, i really want to go to Hawaii...do you guys think Hawaii is a good place to go for college or no?
I want to major in the science field and maybe become a medical doctor...what U do you guys think it offers a good education of medical doctor....
gush thinking about it, seems kinda scary and lonely...i'm scare i'm going to get homesick and lonely...now my parents are down in Arkansas but you know i still have my siblings which is fine..but when i go far away without them it's kinda creepy...
yea well help me decide which college i should attend that offers a good major for the science field and the tuition and fees isn't so expensive...
i have another question..sorry have a lot of questions..hehehe
for the tuition and fee, when they say residents and non-residents...is non-residents mean they're from out of state/country???they ahve to pay more and that sucks...
but yea thanks guys for the help
i really appreciate it...
aja!!~

Vanida

Save World Save Life
you know its a good question u asking us but don;t forget to ask your teacher and counsler too. Which school u go to? Yea i think the best place it Madsion if u smart ang gpa is good yea true for a girl to leave far and go to college away from family they think wer going to be with the guys thats why my parents tell me to go to tc and then gb that's where i lived and beside iam not that smart my gpa is very bad so disappoited -_- anyways its really up to you do the right thing do what u like and really want to do for me iam major business, international, computers stuff but not higher then that b/c i know its so impossible to be higer then that. If you lived in WI why don't just go to college at WI there's good college here also :) well if you citzen here its ok if you not get your citezen age 18 before going to colllege but the good thing is that if you don't have a mom or dad the government pay for your college and if smart they look at your gpa and grades OMG U SO LUCKY they pay all the class for you B)

bugsy

sarNie Adult
How old are you right now?? If you still have a year or so left and still dont know...i say...start making a list of all the colleges you think you would like. And I say you should definatley start touring colleges too if you don't know where to go. And remember...the ultimate decision is YOURS!! College is just not about going away for school...its about EVERYTHING! You gotta consider lots of stuff such as : cost (tuition and room/board if you're moving away), environment (such as the campus -big/small) , whether you'll be able to be socialable (because trust me, if you're not...it's gonna be lonely...and im not saying you gotta go out there and speak for the world, but as long as you can step outta your comfort zone sometimes..c'mon...that's what college is!) , your MAJOR is a big one! gotta consider that one, and a whole bunch of others...but i say these are at the top of the list. But, you live in a big city, so you might not wanna go to a smaller one...but...truth is...as humans, we gotta go out into the world and see/experience for ourselves what's out there so that we can better understand life. But don't be like me and stress soo much...lol. I'm in college right now and I find it difficult with all the changes...but I'm also loving it!! Wow...i wrote alot it seems. Aniwaise...like i said...the ultimate decision is yours...not to put more pressure on you..but it's true. Even if you pick a bad college at first...as long as you go out there with a positive attitude....all will be good! ^_^

kying89

sarNie Hatchling
hey guys, thanks for the help!
yea it's truth i should go out and discover the world instead of just staying at one place and not know what it's like to be at a different place....or how it feels to be there...
for me, i'm very shy when i meet new people but once i get to know them, i get really wild and crazy...you know hehhee...i like to meet new people and experience life...
now i'm like so pack with homework working to get into a good college so i can get a good education and life...
for me, everyday is work and work...i've never been able to really go experience what life is all about...
and i know if i stay in Madison, i will most likely depends on my parents to always be there and do eveything for me...that's why i really want to get into a college that i will be more dependable...
i guess they don't want me to go because i'm the youngest daughter and sister..even my brother tell me to stay in madison....
but i really want to do something wrong and learn from my mistake..alot of people tell me that i'm very mature for my age and i don't know if that's a good thing or not, but i have never done anyting that will worries my family so much....
so i don't know i'm just 17 and still have one more year in HS, i guess i still ahve times to decide....but it's coming up very soon!
at the end, it is my choice whether to stay or not...
but i feel like i've been in madison too long that i don't even get to see the outside world...i should go and experience the world...but again, there's always a pro and con to that...
i talked to my counselor, and she asked me, "so have you think of going out of state for college?" and i was like will i have but i know my parents won't let me, they're expecting me to stay in madison...and she told me that it's my choice.
gush, maybe i shold really go out of state and prove to them that i'm ging there to study only and that i'm old enough so they shouldn't need to worry about me anymore....
well guys, tell me your experience in college...i want to hear it...

and yes, i have made a list of colleges i want to go..i have a really long list....hehehe, that's why it's so hard to choose